🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Armed Citizen Holds Burglar At Gunpoint!

Right, because an organization that is dedicated to anti-gun policies (based in Australia) is going to be more accurate about gun murders in the US than the US Dept of Justice and the FBI??? Really?? That is your claim? lmao

Here's where Gun Policy Got those numbers.

Hoyert, Donna L. and Jiaquan Xu.2012.‘Deaths: Preliminary Data for 2011 - Selected Causes.’ National Vital Statistics Reports (NVSS).Hyattsville, MD:US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control Prevention, Division of Vital Statistics,10 October. (Q6492)Full Citation

UNODC.2014.‘Homicides and Gun Homicides in the United States.’ Global Study on Homicide 2013: Trends, Context, Data.Vienna:United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC),10 April. (Q8902)Full Citation

UNODC.2013.‘Homicide in 207 Countries - United States.’ Global Study on Homicide 2011: Trends, Context, Data.Vienna:United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime,26 June. (Q6340)Full Citation

FBI.2013.‘Crime in the United States / CIUS.’ Uniform Crime Reports / UCR.Washington, DC:US Federal Bureau of Investigation,29 January. (Q1978)Full Citation

I don't need to believe it. I have researched their numbers and proven them to be false. The fact that you still refer to them merely reinforces my opinion of you.

That I inflict massive butthurt on you? Yes, I know.

Saying, "Hey, the death rate is okay because it was only 8900 gun murders" is kind of silly.

You only butthurt yourself silly person. You're a nameless loon on the internet. There's nothing you can do that would hurt me. I will however expose your bullshit so that the real people who live in this wonderful country are not exposed to the violence that you would inflict on them by empowering the violent criminals by taking away the ability of the weak to defend themselves.

You support the ability of criminals to rape women, we get it. You support the ability of criminals to rob and murder, we get it. We however will prevent you from getting your way.

Guns are tools which, in properly trained hands, can and do save lives and stop crime.

Okay, good idea. Before you get a gun, you need to undergo 400 hours of training, recertifcation every year, a thorough mental health exam, and you need to carry one million dollars of liability insurance.

Nothing unreasonable about your preferred requirements if the person intends to carry the gun in public hoping for the opportunity to be a self appointed cop whenever the mood hits. However, for the majority of gun owners (sane), reasonable limitations should be less stringent.

And you, the one who dismisses everything that disagrees with you as "gun nutter" sources, expect us to take an anti-gun organizations numbers over the FBI and Dept of Justice?? Are you kidding me?

No, we don't have so many we can't keep track. Gunpolicy.org is playing it fast and loose with the numbers, just like you do.

And even if we use the bogus numbers you posted, we haven't had 11,500 gun murders in a year since 2008. If you want to claim you were rounding up, it has been 5 years since we had the number of gun murders you claim we have every year.

And you wonder why I call you a liar?

First, they updated the 2012 number. It was 11,500 when I checked there a few months ago.

Second, 8900 or 11,500, we still have WAY too many gun murders in this country.

Now, I know you aren't concerned about that "Gruppenfuhrer", because you think its' mostly the darkies,

Making shit up to try and cover for your own stupidity? lmao Typical.

No, I do not think it is mostly "darkies". You are the one who focuses on race. Not me.

And yes, we do have too many gun murders. But the gun is not the problem. It is the violent society we live in that is the problem.

I don't need to believe it. I have researched their numbers and proven them to be false. The fact that you still refer to them merely reinforces my opinion of you.

That I inflict massive butthurt on you? Yes, I know.

Saying, "Hey, the death rate is okay because it was only 8900 gun murders" is kind of silly.

Saying that it is 11,500 every year is either wrong or a lie. Knowing you, I would bet on the latter. That you claim the bogus website must have "updated" their numbers, because it was 11,500 a month ago is laughable.

I have not said that any murders is an acceptable number. But I do prefer factual numbers to invented ones, when discussing an issue. You clearly do not.

Right, because an organization that is dedicated to anti-gun policies (based in Australia) is going to be more accurate about gun murders in the US than the US Dept of Justice and the FBI??? Really?? That is your claim? lmao

Here's where Gun Policy Got those numbers.

Hoyert, Donna L. and Jiaquan Xu.2012.‘Deaths: Preliminary Data for 2011 - Selected Causes.’ National Vital Statistics Reports (NVSS).Hyattsville, MD:US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control Prevention, Division of Vital Statistics,10 October. (Q6492)Full Citation

UNODC.2014.‘Homicides and Gun Homicides in the United States.’ Global Study on Homicide 2013: Trends, Context, Data.Vienna:United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC),10 April. (Q8902)Full Citation

UNODC.2013.‘Homicide in 207 Countries - United States.’ Global Study on Homicide 2011: Trends, Context, Data.Vienna:United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime,26 June. (Q6340)Full Citation

FBI.2013.‘Crime in the United States / CIUS.’ Uniform Crime Reports / UCR.Washington, DC:US Federal Bureau of Investigation,29 January. (Q1978)Full Citation

Once again, you want us to accept a bogus set of numbers from an anti-gun organization over the numbers given by the FBI?? The FBI/Dept of Justice is the standard by which such things are measured. If the numbers differ, the FBI's expertise and jurisdiction make it the clear authority. Not the UN. Not the Dept of Health & Human services. And certainly not some anti-gun group in australia.

That you dismiss a study published by Harvard as "gun nutters" and want to use numbers from an anti-gun organization in Australia over the FBI's numbers shows, not only your own ignorance, but your blatant hypocrisy.

Only the ones who think that piece of paper will stop him and that the cops will save her. The ones who buy guns and learn to use them save themselves.

Except, again, that almost never happens. Which is why you have 11,500 murders every year and only 200 justifiable homicides.

So if the wife only wounds him it doesn't count? lmao

When was the last year to have 11,500 gun murders? And please quote your source.

Because what I see in the FBI/Dept of Justice data is that violent crime rates have been steadily falling for many years.

Gun murders in 2007 totalled 10,129
Gun murders in 2008 totalled 9,528
Gun murders in 2009 totalled 9,199
Gun murders in 2010 totalled 8,874
Gun murders in 2011 totalled 8,583

So when was it 11,500? And I am quoting numbers straight from the US Gov't.
FBI mdash Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

That is a great source.....from what I have read it is more accurate than the CDC tables.....for murder anyway....

And yet we have more times where guns have stopped violent criminal attack and saved lives......1.6 million a year on average.....let's not leave out that number....the anti gunners always do.....

And yet we have more times where guns have stopped violent criminal attack and saved lives......1.6 million a year on average.....let's not leave out that number....the anti gunners always do.....

Fucks up their meme, don't ya know....

I have a problem with lunatics not being treated for their mental illnesses and campus authorities not reporting violence and threats of violence to the proper authorities. Had Holmes' threats against the professors received the proper attention, there would have been retraining orders filed. You cannot buy a gun if there is a restraining order against you.

Yeah, about that.

HOw many women are shot every year despite having a restraining order against their boyfriends or ex-husbands?
All the women who could not get a gun themselves. The living wives and girlfriends shot first.

You only butthurt yourself silly person. You're a nameless loon on the internet. There's nothing you can do that would hurt me. I will however expose your bullshit so that the real people who live in this wonderful country are not exposed to the violence that you would inflict on them by empowering the violent criminals by taking away the ability of the weak to defend themselves.

You support the ability of criminals to rape women, we get it. You support the ability of criminals to rob and murder, we get it. We however will prevent you from getting your way.

I support the right of women not to come home and find their dead teenager from that gun they bought for protection.

I support the right of women not to get shot during the course of a domestic argument.

Again- other countries have figured this out. No guns = low crime rates.

Joe....you haven't answered this question in the past but try it this time.....if a woman is being stalked by an ex boyfriend or husband who has stated he is going to kill her...and she can't get the police to intervene, and the restraining order means nothing....what should she do?

Once again, you want us to accept a bogus set of numbers from an anti-gun organization over the numbers given by the FBI?? The FBI/Dept of Justice is the standard by which such things are measured. If the numbers differ, the FBI's expertise and jurisdiction make it the clear authority. Not the UN. Not the Dept of Health & Human services. And certainly not some anti-gun group in australia.

That you dismiss a study published by Harvard as "gun nutters" and want to use numbers from an anti-gun organization in Australia over the FBI's numbers shows, not only your own ignorance, but your blatant hypocrisy.

Okay, if you want to call it an "anti-gun organization", that's fine.

the 11,500 number is actually taking the average of gun deaths from 2007-2012. That's where that number generally comes from, but you guys don't care about that.

point is, no one is really keeping accurate numbers. Something else we can thank the NRA for. The last thing they want people to know is how many gun deaths are really happening.

Sorry, not true....Britain has a higher violent crime rate than we do....

Joe....you haven't answered this question in the past but try it this time.....if a woman is being stalked by an ex boyfriend or husband who has stated he is going to kill her...and she can't get the police to intervene, and the restraining order means nothing....what should she do?

Move. Change her name. And then get better taste in men.

But the thing she probably shouldn't do is get a gun, because he'll probably end up shooting her with it.

Sorry, not true....Britain has a higher violent crime rate than we do....

No, it isn't.

They just count violent crimes differently than we do. They count every assault, we only count assaults that end up in injury. They also have a pretty loose standard for rape.

Oh, the important one. They had 48 gun murders to our 11,500.

I support the right of women not to come home and find their dead teenager from that gun they bought for protection.

I support the right of women not to get shot during the course of a domestic argument.

You support the ability for a criminal who is bigger than the woman to rape her at will because she can't defend herself. You support the ability for a criminal to break into a home and rob and murder the old people who live their because they can't defend themselves. Face it, you support rape and murder.

Because even the NRA can't substatiate it.

The NRA doesn't have to....the 19 studies do that.....and they are not connected to the NRA...however, a couple of these studies have come from liberal, anti gun administrations....and their numbers match the other studies....

You support the ability for a criminal who is bigger than the woman to rape her at will because she can't defend herself. You support the ability for a criminal to break into a home and rob and murder the old people who live their because they can't defend themselves. Face it, you support rape and murder.

NO, I j ust don't believe in selling people false solutions.

Again- only 200 cases of justifiable homicide vs. 8900 to 11,500 cases of homicide with guns.

Most women who are victims of rape know their attackers. same with most victims of murder.

They just count violent crimes differently than we do. They count every assault, we only count assaults that end up in injury. They also have a pretty loose standard for rape.

Yes they do....they undercount their violent crimes...as has been reported by their officers on the street...and they do not count a murder as a murder until the offender has been to court, sentenced and run through all of their appeals....it gives them lower numbers...but those numbers are still higher than ours.....

Forum List

Back