Article V Convention is Coming

Without even reading the opening article, I can guess that this "movement" was started by some right-wing slave state organization still carrying on about Confederate "state's rights" to openly hate women, blacks, Latinos, gays and lesbians, etc. etc. etc.

The South lost. Get used to it.

Wrong, shit for brains. It was started by Mark Levin and a book he wrote on the subject.

Liberal turds can't look at any issue free of their race baiting prejudices.

You will soon be getting used to the fact that commies like you will never get another chance to impose your agenda on the country.
From your opening article:

Citizens for Whatever was started by Teabagger activist, Dipshit McFuckmonkey.

Yeah, it's some mouth-breathing Confederate shit. The South lost. Get used to it.

Two parties same result.................

Our Gov't is out of control and no longer serves the people...................

The Article V Convention is a reasonable answer.................as our Gov't destroys the future for our children and their's..............................

It's not impossible...............and can be done.

Good. About time this step is going to be taken to restore the Constitution...and get the power back to the States and the people where it belongs. About time to start whittling away at the Federal overreach.

You’re obviously as ignorant and as insane as the OP, if not more so.

Yeah, anyone who wants to restore the Constitution to its original intent is clearly INSANE! That's almost as wacky wanting Congress to balance the budget.

That's how they're trying to spin it, eh? Thing is, I can understand why people doubt this will happen. I'm certainly not betting on it. But their comments are clearly reactionary. Makes me wonder why the notion bothers them so much. What are they scared of?

Without even reading the opening article, I can guess that this "movement" was started by some right-wing slave state organization still carrying on about Confederate "state's rights" to openly hate women, blacks, Latinos, gays and lesbians, etc. etc. etc.

The South lost. Get used to it.

Wrong, shit for brains. It was started by Mark Levin and a book he wrote on the subject.

Liberal turds can't look at any issue free of their race baiting prejudices.

You will soon be getting used to the fact that commies like you will never get another chance to impose your agenda on the country.
From your opening article:

Citizens for Whatever was started by Teabagger activist, Dipshit McFuckmonkey.

Yeah, it's some mouth-breathing Confederate shit. The South lost. Get used to it.

Yeah, that certainly proves it. Obviously you have your head inserted firmly up your rectum. I suspect you're one of those vermin that Obama employs to disrupt forums like this one.

Yeah, anyone who wants to restore the Constitution to its original intent is clearly INSANE! That's almost as wacky wanting Congress to balance the budget.

That's how they're trying to spin it, eh? Thing is, I can understand why people doubt this will happen. I'm certainly not betting on it. But their comments are clearly reactionary. Makes me wonder why the notion bothers them so much. What are they scared of?

You can see the panic rising whenever the issue comes up for discussion. Note how many of them instantly jumped on this thread and tried to derail it. They just can't tolerate the thought that the voters might have a way to get around Congress and curtail the boondoggle spending and special privileges for their corporate buddies.

Last edited:
I agree with all of those, especially abolishing the 17th Amendment and the Federal Reserve Act. Actually, prior to the Federal Reserve, banks could issue their own bank notes, but they had to be backed by gold. No one would take them unless they could exchange them for gold. I think we should go back to that system. Today, the internet would make it possible for competing currencies to be used all over the country.

One proposed amendment I heard about is to have a Supreme Court with 50 justices, each one chosen by a state of the union. I agree with it in principle, but I don't know how workable it would be.

One I support is allow a majority of the states to overrule any legislation passed by Congress. Anything that makes legislation harder to pass has my approval.

I can't agree with 50 Justices..........That would be crazy.........

States to overrule any legislation passed would be fixed by the repeal of the 17th anyway as they would now have the Senators as Delegates as originally intended. It would also fix item 2 on Supreme Court Judges as the Senate would have to Ratify the new Justice.

Good points.

However, prior to the Civil War states routinely threatened secession or nullification if Congress imposed laws they didn't like. This made it possible even for a minority of states to overrule some laws.

Oh, and we definitely need to repeal the 16th Amendment. I think that would get approved the fastest. Everyone hates the IRS and the income tax.

Ending the income tax given our debt is impossible.............Placing a Flat tax on everyone without any deductions would generate revenues actually greater than we take in now..............I actually did a IRS study based on data for 2012 that showed a net increase of basically 250 Billion Dollars for the same year. Did that a while back.

Doing so would actually allow the IRS to be greatly reduced, as you could file a return on a post card.

Scared it might succeed and actually limit Gov't..............They'd be especially scared of the repeal of the 17th as the States would get their voice back as intended.....

I can't agree with 50 Justices..........That would be crazy.........

States to overrule any legislation passed would be fixed by the repeal of the 17th anyway as they would now have the Senators as Delegates as originally intended. It would also fix item 2 on Supreme Court Judges as the Senate would have to Ratify the new Justice.

Good points.

However, prior to the Civil War states routinely threatened secession or nullification if Congress imposed laws they didn't like. This made it possible even for a minority of states to overrule some laws.

Oh, and we definitely need to repeal the 16th Amendment. I think that would get approved the fastest. Everyone hates the IRS and the income tax.

Ending the income tax given our debt is impossible.............Placing a Flat tax on everyone without any deductions would generate revenues actually greater than we take in now..............I actually did a IRS study based on data for 2012 that showed a net increase of basically 250 Billion Dollars for the same year. Did that a while back.

Doing so would actually allow the IRS to be greatly reduced, as you could file a return on a post card.

The income tax is a major source of oppression. People and corporations spend hundreds of billions of dollars every year dealing with its endless and arcane rules. It's a vast avenue of graft and extortion for members of Congress. They use it to squeeze corporations for campaign donations. It needs to be ended.

Furthermore we need to cut spending drastically, not increase revenues. So long as the income tax exists, Congress will pass law after law amending it. The only way to put an end to the thousands of pages of the IRS code is to abolish the income tax.

Last edited:
Good points.

The income tax is a major source of oppression. People and corporations spend hundreds of billions of dollars every year dealing with it's endless and arcane rules. It's a vast avenue of graft and extortion for members of Congress. They use it to squeeze corporations for campaign donations. It needs to be ended.

Furthermore we need to cut spending drastically, not increase revenues.

Flat taxes end the thousands of pages of regulations.....While we should cut spending with a chain saw, we still need to get rid of the debt and the interest on the debt. We can't pay that back without revenues.................It's Reality..............and a necessary evil...................

We could bring back the Red State Tax Plan instead, which requires every state to pay the bills of the Federal Gov't based on the percentage of population and the amount of spending. If states get that bill they would be less likely willing to create more spending when the bill comes to their doorstep.

Government - Interest Expense on the Debt Outstanding

415 BILLION spent on the interest on the debt for 2013

The income tax is a major source of oppression. People and corporations spend hundreds of billions of dollars every year dealing with it's endless and arcane rules. It's a vast avenue of graft and extortion for members of Congress. They use it to squeeze corporations for campaign donations. It needs to be ended.

Flat taxes end the thousands of pages of regulations.....While we should cut spending with a chain saw, we still need to get rid of the debt and the interest on the debt. We can't pay that back without revenues.................It's Reality..............and a necessary evil...................

We could bring back the Red State Tax Plan instead, which requires every state to pay the bills of the Federal Gov't based on the percentage of population and the amount of spending. If states get that bill they would be less likely willing to create more spending when the bill comes to their doorstep.

I think the FAIR tax is the best solution. A consumption based tax would eliminate the need for the IRS. It would make all the complex tinkering Congress does virtually impossible. it would be almost impossible to evade because everyone who spends money would be taxed, not just people with reported income.

There's no reason in principle that a consumption based tax couldn't generate just as much revenue as an income tax. However, high tax rates would generate a lot more opposition since they would be obvious when you paid them and everyone would have to pay them, not just the so-called "rich."

A flat tax would not end the thousands of pages of regulations. For one thing, the IRS would still have to set rules for businesses that define what "income" is. For another, all the incentives on Congress are to continually add exemptions and special breaks for their buddies and donors. The only way to prevent that is to make it unconstitutional.,

Last edited:

I think the FAIR tax is the best solution. A consumption based tax would eliminate the need for the IRS. It would make all the complex tinkering Congress does virtually impossible. it would be almost impossible to evade because everyone who spends money would be taxed, not just people with reported income.

There's no reason in principle that a consumption based tax couldn't generate just as much revenue as an income tax. However, high tax rates would generate a lot more opposition since they would be obvious when you paid them and everyone would have to pay them, not just the so-called "rich."

A flat tax would not end the thousands of pages of regulations. For one thing, the IRS would still have to set rules for businesses that define what "income" is. For another, all the incentives on Congress are to continually add exemptions and special breaks for their buddies and donors. The only way to prevent that is to make it unconstitutional.,

The Business and Corp taxes could be flattened as well. While I'd love to get rid of the IRS and the dang tax codes, I'm not convinced that the pure consumption tax would get rid of the massive debt.

The Business and Corp taxes could be flattened as well. While I'd love to get rid of the IRS and the dang tax codes, I'm not convinced that the pure consumption tax would get rid of the massive debt.

The best way to get rid of the debt is hold the line on spending and grow the economy.

The best way to get rid of the debt is hold the line on spending and grow the economy.

We agree on reducing Federal Spending. We are on the same side here.

Growing the economy would force us to get rid of the Dems who suck at growing the economy.

Secondly, Free Trade Agreements need to end. Fair Trade, not Free Trade. Since 2000 our corps have been leaving to Free Trade Countries with laughable standards, taxes, and labor costs to ship it back here with No Tariffs............It has cost us millions of jobs.

The other area of major concern is the destruction of the value of the dollar and the trend since 1970 of the ever increasing CPI..............Also Money Velocity has been on the steady decline since 2000.

We need to end those Free Trade Agreements and create new Trade Agreements to countries who don't have to play by the same rules we have here.

Southern Neo-Confederate Conservative Christian Libertarians agree with each other on something that will never happen.

This thread is as successful as the Ron Paul campaign.

Southern Neo-Confederate Conservative Christian Libertarians agree with each other on something that will never happen.

LOL

Use some new bait.........It's not working.

50 States times 3/4 = 37.5 States.

Guam is kind of like 1/2 of a State. That should do the trick.

Thanks for the correction. 38 States to ratify.

Still very difficult to do.

As the country continues to go down the tubes it will get easier.

Right now Congress has only a 10% approval rating, but they keep getting elected anyway. By any definition this is tyranny.

Polls show that about 80% of Americans want term limits in Congress and about the same number want a balanced budget amendment for the federal government. The movement should run on these two things alone. We have the will of the American people on these two subjects. Clouding it further with more amendments right now would just cuase the process to derail easier.

Keep it simple.

The fact that you've been reduced to spewing nothing but 200 proof insults indicates you're terrified that it will happen.

Forum List

Back