As A Black Person Why Should I Celebrate the 4th of July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats subjective. Who says US is the greatest country in the world and what does that have to do with the 4th specifically?
I say it.
What made you think your opinion is something I consider valid and again what does that have to do with the 4th?
Because you created a thread about your resentment against this country, and asked for opinions.
I created a thread asking for reasons. That has nothing to do with my resentments.

Any reason to celebrate or NOT celebrate is yours alone. So, if you don't feel you have a reason to celebrate, you should not.
Thats not an answer to my question. Thats life philosophy I already know.

You're an idiot Asclepias Blacks have been part of this country since its inception.

They fought hard, and they fought well, and we won.
Of course they have. What does that have to do with my question?

You never asked a question, you made a statement:

"My neighbor came over and asked if I was going to do fireworks today. I told her no and that I do not celebrate the 4th. She asked me why and I told her I didnt want to spoil her fun. She insisted I tell her and I eventually relented. I told her that my ancestors were still enslaved on this day even though a man that looked like me was the first to die in defense of this country."

Now what was your question?
You must be an idiot if you cant read the title to the thread. I will let that speak for itself.

I say it.
What made you think your opinion is something I consider valid and again what does that have to do with the 4th?
Because you created a thread about your resentment against this country, and asked for opinions.
I created a thread asking for reasons. That has nothing to do with my resentments.

Any reason to celebrate or NOT celebrate is yours alone. So, if you don't feel you have a reason to celebrate, you should not.

If you don't feel you should celebrate Black American's successful contribution to the American Revolution, you're just an unpatriotic dipshit faggot.

We won, bitch! Apparently you were not on that side. I get it now. Your ancestors were traitors, amirite?

I have to refer back to Aslepias first post: " was I going to do fireworks today"? I never understood the connection. Despite the fact fireworks are banned in most states because fire and safety issues. I never understood some peoples fascination with fireworks. Boom bang pow and pretty lights. Rinse, wash and REPEAT. A girlfriend of mine said fireworks are like life, loud, flashy and fleeting. Ok....

You're an idiot Asclepias Blacks have been part of this country since its inception.

"My neighbor came over and asked if I was going to do fireworks today. I told her no and that I do not celebrate the 4th. She asked me why and I told her I didnt want to spoil her fun. She insisted I tell her and I eventually relented. I told her that my ancestors were still enslaved on this day even though a man that looked like me was the first to die in defense of this country."

You must be an idiot if you cant read the title to the thread. I will let that speak for itself.

You get a low grade on composition, since the body of your post didn't reinforce the title. Personally, I don't don't give a crap whether you celebrate the Fourth or not. Just don't expect the rest of us to follow you.

You get a low grade on composition, since the body of your post didn't reinforce the title. Personally, I don't don't give a crap whether you celebrate the Fourth or not. Just don't expect the rest of us to follow you.
I wasnt asking for a grade. I'm not in school. I asked for a answer. If you lack the intellect to provide one I understand. I dont care what you celebrate. I dont even know what prompted you to think I did.

More Blacks were enslaved. So if some Blacks were still slaves what sense does it make to celebrate independence day? They werent free.
It celebrates the founding of the new country, which eventually freed all slaves. .... :cool:

I have to refer back to Aslepias first post: " was I going to do fireworks today"? I never understood the connection. Despite the fact fireworks are banned in most states because fire and safety issues. I never understood some peoples fascination with fireworks. Boom bang pow and pretty lights. Rinse, wash and REPEAT. A girlfriend of mine said fireworks are like life, loud, flashy and fleeting. Ok....

Fireworks are for pussies and city dwellers. Out here in the sticks, we celebrate with real gunfire and Tannerite...

My neighbor came over and asked if I was going to do fireworks today. I told her no and that I do not celebrate the 4th. She asked me why and I told her I didnt want to spoil her fun. She insisted I tell her and I eventually relented. I told her that my ancestors were still enslaved on this day even though a man that looked like me was the first to die in defense of this country.
1)NOT ALL Black people in the U.S. descend from those unfortunate to suffer in slavery.
And not all of the Black culture in the U.S. know when and from where and how did their ancestors come to the state.
IMAGINE YOUR NERVE IF you assumed your ancestors came over slave ships when they didn't or assumed slavery when they weren't.

2)those who were slaves have the reason to protest, but those who never lived in that era even as offspring should be greatful to be here by chance even though out of poor circumstance. Those born in other countries would gladly switch places even if it means their distant relative's sacrificed and suffered they were the accidental benefactors of their ancestor's missfortune.
You started off good but you faltered. I'm going to ignore the faltering and just address where you started off good. Thanks for your response..

I know for a fact my ancestors were enslaved on the 4th.
So then they should protest, but you have no right & you should be conflicted since you INADVERTANTLY benefited from their suffrage.
Sorry if any of my commentary offended, but hey I'm offended all the time when assumed my family that came over to escape Nazism somehow makes me responsible for what happened in another age through the mere color of my skin(that's reverse *racism*) and somehow I'm responsible for restitution to their *racist* offspring.
What I'm saying in cause and affect good can accidentally come from something bad and vice versa, in doing something good in seeking justice is sometimes missdirected and causes harm or bad things as a result. You seek justice not due you (butv that was due your ancestor) by people not even responsible, thus you cause harm through being the racist you so seek justice from.
Ironic.

My neighbor came over and asked if I was going to do fireworks today. I told her no and that I do not celebrate the 4th. She asked me why and I told her I didnt want to spoil her fun. She insisted I tell her and I eventually relented. I told her that my ancestors were still enslaved on this day even though a man that looked like me was the first to die in defense of this country.
1)NOT ALL Black people in the U.S. descend from those unfortunate to suffer in slavery.
And not all of the Black culture in the U.S. know when and from where and how did their ancestors come to the state.
IMAGINE YOUR NERVE IF you assumed your ancestors came over slave ships when they didn't or assumed slavery when they weren't.

2)those who were slaves have the reason to protest, but those who never lived in that era even as offspring should be greatful to be here by chance even though out of poor circumstance. Those born in other countries would gladly switch places even if it means their distant relative's sacrificed and suffered they were the accidental benefactors of their ancestor's missfortune.
You started off good but you faltered. I'm going to ignore the faltering and just address where you started off good. Thanks for your response..

So then they should protest, but you have no right & you should be conflicted since you INADVERTANTLY benefited from their suffrage.
Sorry if any of my commentary offended, but hey I'm offended all the time when assumed my family that came over to escape Nazism somehow makes me responsible for what happened in another age through the mere color of my skin(that's reverse *racism*) and somehow I'm responsible for restitution to their *racist* offspring.
What I'm saying in cause and affect good can accidentally come from something bad and vice versa, in doing something good in seeking justice is sometimes missdirected and causes harm or bad things as a result. You seek justice not due you (butv that was due your ancestor) by people not even responsible, thus you cause harm through being the racist you so seek justice from.
Ironic.
My ancestors that were enslaved are dead and yes I do have a right not to celebrate. No I'm not conflicted and I have never benefited from their suffering.

I say it.

That's the only real answer. Anything more is asking us to justify something you may or may not feel, and how can we do that?

That's the only real answer. Anything more is asking us to justify something you may or may not feel, and how can we do that?
No thats not the only real answer. Matter of fact its no answer at all. Thats pretty much bullshit I already know. If you need an example of a real answer go read the thread. I think I got about 3 of them.

Ironic.
My ancestors that were enslaved are dead and yes I do have a right not to celebrate. No I'm not conflicted and I have never benefited from their suffering.

Well good for you. Then don't expect me to give a crap about MLK Day, Black History Month, or Kwanzaa.

Nice job stirring up class/racial division. I see a successful career with the Democrat Party in your future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back