As a Texan I am Pissed: Gov. Abbott goes on Fox News to whine about Green New Deal

What the **** Abbott, my mother had no power for 2 days this week. My older brother just texted me yesterday that he hasn't had power all week. The Republican party has had majorities and the Governors Mansion for over 20 years here in TX, and the leader of our state goes on TV to

Talk about something that does not even EXIST. I want this guy OUT. Get me a real Texan, wtf.

Wow are you 12? People who live anywhere have lost power at one time or another....a week is about average time for a tornado or hurricane or frozen power lines. Do you also whine when your mommy doesn't go to the store on time?
It wasn't a tornado or a hurricane dude, it was some snow. frozen water. You don't even live here you have no idea what we are going through here.

NO WATER (showers, etc)
NO power for millions
NO Internet for millions
and all the roads are icy so going anywhere is tough

And you're sitting here comparing it to my "mommy going to the store".
Do your self a favor and shut your water off then purge the lines. You ever make a blanket fort in your living room? Make one and buy a shit load of candles. Another way to stay warm buy a shit load of charcoal if still around. Keep gas in your cars to get warm. This is all a pain in the ass but those are some simple ways to increase heat. Also get a bunch of cardboard and tape. Cover windows and doors.

Hey, dipshit- this was a NATURAL disaster, disaster a key word

Too bad you're not near as informed as you feel you are- there can be a game of tit - for - tat playing politics which is ALL you're doing, which illustrates your shallow thinking- this is a Natural Disaster STUPID- it hasn't even snowed in Houston, in February, for 80 years, never mind sub 20 tempertures for extended periods- I've lived down here since 1969- I've seen one (1) time at not above 30 degrees for 10 days in a row, in the early 80's- so just stop with your partisan bullshit and inform yourself of facts, which you may or may not like- and Biden won't be sending shit- he can't even talk coherently-

It was only a natural disaster because Texas failed to winterize their energy production facilities. Mother nature didn't cause the disaster - Texas did.

What the **** Abbott, my mother had no power for 2 days this week. My older brother just texted me yesterday that he hasn't had power all week. The Republican party has had majorities and the Governors Mansion for over 20 years here in TX, and the leader of our state goes on TV to

Talk about something that does not even EXIST. I want this guy OUT. Get me a real Texan, wtf.

Wow are you 12? People who live anywhere have lost power at one time or another....a week is about average time for a tornado or hurricane or frozen power lines. Do you also whine when your mommy doesn't go to the store on time?
It wasn't a tornado or a hurricane dude, it was some snow. frozen water. You don't even live here you have no idea what we are going through here.

NO WATER (showers, etc)
NO power for millions
NO Internet for millions

Do your self a favor and shut your water off then purge the lines. You ever make a blanket fort in your living room? Make one and buy a shit load of candles. Another way to stay warm buy a shit load of charcoal if still around. Keep gas in your cars to get warm. This is all a pain in the ass but those are some simple ways to increase heat. Also get a bunch of cardboard and tape. Cover windows and doors.

NO WATER (showers, etc)
NO power for millions
NO Internet for millions

Also really good advice

Abbott goes on Fox ‘news’ to lie about the green new deal.
Yeah!

NO WATER (showers, etc)
NO power for millions
NO Internet for millions

Also really good advice

oh that's kinda cool, I should try that :O. But reloading/buying 4 candles at a time seems kinda expensive @_@

Green energy fails. Every time. It fails in Texas and it fails in California. This is not to say there isn't a place for such vanity energy sources. They just cannot be relied on. They can be used sporadically, sometimes. Like to solar lawn lights. They made a cute addition, but you wouldn't want to light your home with them.

Hey, dipshit- this was a NATURAL disaster, disaster a key word

Too bad you're not near as informed as you feel you are- there can be a game of tit - for - tat playing politics which is ALL you're doing, which illustrates your shallow thinking- this is a Natural Disaster STUPID- it hasn't even snowed in Houston, in February, for 80 years, never mind sub 20 tempertures for extended periods- I've lived down here since 1969- I've seen one (1) time at not above 30 degrees for 10 days in a row, in the early 80's- so just stop with your partisan bullshit and inform yourself of facts, which you may or may not like- and Biden won't be sending shit- he can't even talk coherently-

i guess you are wrong about Biden because help is on the way.
just in time for the end of the storm,,
Please accept my apology. I thought you were another blogger.

Yep.....a Republican governor is to blame.....millions.....thousands....hundreds....tens of tens died.
What Texas needs is a Democrat governor so they'll stop blaming him every time something bad happens.
If it's a GOP governor it's racism and murder.
If you had a Democrat governor it would be just messy paperwork.
No harm done.
Blame who the governor is, politics notwithstanding. The Texas governor went on Fox News to lay blame on the failure of the windmills for the crisis, which was nothing more than a deflection from his screw-up. Of course, Fox news ate it for lunch without having a clue.
Well....I think the engineers responsible for the energy grid take most of the blame.
But this is just one of those things that happens when you get weather that is so extreme you didn't think it could happen.
My understanding is that the windmills weren't properly winterized.....and that you can't blame the governor for.....but because he's not a Democrat....he gets all of the blame.

Democrats don't......Shit happens
I remember how Bush got blamed for Katrina.....but it was actually the Democrat governor and mayor that were to blame.
Bush got blamed for his response, and for no other reason.
The windmills were not properly winterized because of the expense to winterize.
Windmills throughout the world are equipped with the necessary tools for this kind of event.
The governor blamed green energy for the energy collapse and that is not the case, since Texas has its own grid that was not maintained, and natural gas is the primary energy resource in Texas. Had he not gone on Fox to blame everybody but himself, this would be a non-issue. At least, help is on the way.

Green energy fails. Every time. It fails in Texas and it fails in California. This is not to say there isn't a place for such vanity energy sources. They just cannot be relied on. They can be used sporadically, sometimes. Like to solar lawn lights. They made a cute addition, but you wouldn't want to light your home with them.
Green energy does not fail. Every time. It does not fail in cold weather if windmills are properly equipped for the weather. Natural gas energy heats most of the structures in Texas and it failed.

Yep.....a Republican governor is to blame.....millions.....thousands....hundreds....tens of tens died.
What Texas needs is a Democrat governor so they'll stop blaming him every time something bad happens.
No harm done.
Blame who the governor is, politics notwithstanding. The Texas governor went on Fox News to lay blame on the failure of the windmills for the crisis, which was nothing more than a deflection from his screw-up. Of course, Fox news ate it for lunch without having a clue.
Well....I think the engineers responsible for the energy grid take most of the blame.
But this is just one of those things that happens when you get weather that is so extreme you didn't think it could happen.
My understanding is that the windmills weren't properly winterized.....and that you can't blame the governor for.....but because he's not a Democrat....he gets all of the blame.

I remember how Bush got blamed for Katrina.....but it was actually the Democrat governor and mayor that were to blame.
Windmills throughout the world are equipped with the necessary tools for this kind of event.
The governor blamed green energy for the energy collapse and that is not the case, since Texas has its own grid that was not maintained, and natural gas is the primary energy resource in Texas. Had he not gone on Fox to blame everybody but himself, this would be a non-issue. At least, help is on the way.
Do you have a link to all of this hogwash?

The fact is....Democrats are attempting to take Texas.
That's all they care about in this.
They're pulling the same number the pulled on Bush in 2005 over Katrina....and pulled on Trump last year over COVID.

And why in the Hell isn't Joe Fuking Biden getting hammered for not responding to this natural emergency?????>

NO WATER (showers, etc)
NO power for millions
NO Internet for millions

Also really good advice

oh that's kinda cool, I should try that :O. But reloading/buying 4 candles at a time seems kinda expensive @_@

The candles used in that video are small and cheap. Many times come in packs of 20. Shut off water before pipes burst and you find a real expense. Cutting down on square footage keeping warm is of utmost importance here which is why I suggested the tent fort. Four small candles plus body heat will keep a four man tent area warm for quite a while. When it comes to hypothermia and survival expense is not really an argument. I am not real familiar with soil mechanics in your area and do not know if typical home in your area has basement or crawl space but if over a crawl space or slab keeping of ground is also important. You do not want precious btu's going into the ground. If you note on that video he sat his little heater on top of bricks.

No harm done.

They're pulling the same number the pulled on Bush in 2005 over Katrina....and pulled on Trump last year over COVID.

And why in the Hell isn't Joe Fuking Biden getting hammered for not responding to this natural emergency?????>

No harm done.

Joe fucking Biden is doing just that and can't respond in the middle of the storm.
The storm has abated and federal help is on the way, in case you haven't heard.
George fucking Bush took forever to respond to Katrina, long after the hurricane had moved on. This is NOT about politics and has nothing to do with who is taking what, yes?

President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Approves Texas Emergency ...

www.whitehouse.gov › statements-releases › 2021/02/14

5 days ago — Today, President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. declared that an emergency exists in the State of Texas and ordered federal assistance to supplement ...

Fact check: Biden approved emergency measures in ... - Reuters

www.reuters.com › article › fact-check-biden-approved...

1 day ago — While President Biden has not yet spoken about the situation in Texas as of Feb. 18, the administration has taken steps to help the state.

White House Says Biden Offered Texas Governor More ...

www.forbes.com › sites › andrewsolender › 2021/02/19

10 hours ago — Abbott has positioned himself as an early adversary to Biden, signing an executive order just eight days into the president's term to “direct every ...

POLMAN COLUMN: Biden's timely response to Texas two ...

www.wiscnews.com › bdc › opinion › polman-column-bi...

2 days ago — On Saturday, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott essentially said: “Please help us, President Biden.” Within hours, Biden answered the call. And on ...

A whiny little liberal puke like you is a Texan? The States obviously changed since I was there!

Forum List

Back