As predicted, Obamacare premiums MUCH HIGHER for men than women

just that if ''liberals think the public should pay for women's sex lives'' as you stated was the case, then you should also note that 'liberals think the public should pay for men's sex lives' too.... She ain't having sex alone and getting pregnant all by her lonesome... So why single the ''woman'' out?
because she has the right to do with what she wants with her body, as with having an abortion for instance. No one is forcing her to have sex! Is this a difficult concept?!

Yup, no woman is ever forced to have sex.

Why do you hate men? You really expect the MEN of America to go without sex so that no abortions will happen? I mean, just because you don't need it doesn't mean the rest of 'em don't!
I think both men and women should be responsible for the consequences of their choices, including sexual. You expect the taxpayer to be.

Interestingly enough, lots of people are bitching about Obamacare, but it hasn't even been started yet.

Obamacare doesn't start until October 1st.

And obviously YOU've NEVER been tasked to calculate health insurance premiums!
Obviously you have NO idea that insurance premiums are based on PAST claim experiences that are used to predict future expenses. Did you ever consider that?

So without ANY experience as to how to calculate a premium based on the assumption that is totally different then what actuaries USED to use, i.e. predicting future claims' expenses based on past experiences with ObamaCare
eliminating "pre-existing conditions" there IS NO Experience.. EXCEPT take everyone!
NOW when you do that the PREMIUMS HAVE to increase to cover known and unknown expenses!

None of that stuff matters anymore, saving money for everyone in the long run, and saving 45000 lives a year...Read something not written by greedy idiot lying Pubs...

...premiums are now going to be the same for men and women.

Why the fuck would I consider this a good thing, even if it was true? Shouldn't reminds be based on risk, and not designed to give a break to the people who have the most power politically? What the fuck happened to the rule of law in this country?

I don't recall anybody bitching here when they were much higher for women than men.

I didn't bitch when they were much higher for me as an old man than they were for my younger friends either. The reason for that is I actually understand how insurance works, and I don't need the government to protect me from reality.

Even the mainstream rag Forbes admits it. Democrats have a war on men just like their war on children. To democrats only women, blacks and illegals count.

Double Down: Obamacare Will Increase Avg. Individual-Market Insurance Premiums By 99% For Men, 62% For Women - Forbes

9/25/2013

For months now, we’ve been waiting to hear how much Obamacare will drive up the cost of health insurance for people who purchase coverage on their own. Last night, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services finally began to provide some data on how Americans will fare on Obamacare’s federally-sponsored insurance exchanges. HHS’ press release is full of happy talk about how premiums will be “lower than originally expected.” But the reality is starkly different.

Based on a Manhattan Institute analysis of the HHS numbers, Obamacare will increase underlying insurance rates for younger men by an average of 97 to 99 percent, and for younger women by an average of 55 to 62 percent. Worst off is North Carolina, which will see individual-market rates triple for women, and quadruple for men.

First thought......the premiums were higher for YOUNG women to begin with.....now they are the same. Thus increasing more for YOUNG men than young women. Is that the problem?

Overall, for young people, the premiums may be higher, but subsidies will be available to cover the increase for those who meet the income requirement. More bitching about nothing.

Next.

Remember when you used to argue that Obamacare would mean lower premiums?

Everyone else does.

Duh...

Men have a higher risk of serious illness than women...hence the higher premiums.

Same effect as with auto insurance.

Are you trying to tell me that Obamacare will make men less healthy than they were before? Because, if you aren't, your post makes no sense.

How about a link that shows this.

It's U.S. law now, thanks to the ACA. Gender rating is out. Only four factors can be considered for individual rating and gender isn't one of them.

42 USC § 300gg - Fair health insurance premiums
(a)  1 Prohibiting discriminatory premium rates
(1) In general
With respect to the premium rate charged by a health insurance issuer for health insurance coverage offered in the individual or small group market—
(A) such rate shall vary with respect to the particular plan or coverage involved only by—
(i) whether such plan or coverage covers an individual or family;
(ii) rating area, as established in accordance with paragraph (2);
(iii) age, except that such rate shall not vary by more than 3 to 1 for adults (consistent with section 300gg–6 (c) of this title); and
(iv) tobacco use, except that such rate shall not vary by more than 1.5 to 1​

There is no reason for a single man to pay the same rate as married man with 5 kids.

Good old government magic, wave a wand and suddenly everything is fixed.

The real intent of the law is, quite obviously, to let sick people off of paying for their care. California tried something similar a few years ago with regards to auto insurance when they discovered that insuraers, being good at their jobs, assessed risk based on actual conditions. It ended up being tossed on the trash heap when people realized they were being forced to pay for the stupidity of other people just to keep the insurance premiums of a few rich people down.

Last edited:
Tell ya what PudWhistler (yeah...........you smoke on the Johnson), come back in around 6 months and tell us all how much the nation hates Obamacare.

Even Ted Cruz has stated that when people see the benefit, they won't want to see it repealed.

Sorry, but the GOP is gonna lose big in 2014.

Remember when you told us to come back in a year and tell you how much everyone hated it after it got passed?

If we do, and the public hates it more then, will you demand that it be repealed, or will you continue to insist that everyone actually loves it.

Last edited:

Liar.

Premiums will be different for everyone. It will depend on your income, your health, your state of residence, your age, etc.,........

BTW, premiums for women will triple and premiums for men will quadruple.

Obama lied about Obamacare not raising taxes one dime. He also lied when he said it lowers premiums by $2500 per family. A family of four will have to pay $282/mo. However this has to be subsidized by taxpayer money to arrive at this $282/mo. cost.

Also, a "Death Panel" of 15 unelected officials will decide if you will get that surgery you needed to get rid of all of the pain you've been putting up with for years. Thus Obama's statement that you'll just have to take a pill is coming true.

there are no death panels ... according to my health care manger from what she is seeing, she told me my health care will be aroundm 100 dollars a month... rignt now I'm paying 450 dollars a month... yes I'm a male

And a liar.

The only winners I can see in the ACA are the ones we taxpayers will be subsidizing. Seems we'll be subsidizing quite a few.

Wonder what happens when the tax money is gone??

so what you're trying to tell us is 48 million of these people will be subsidized right ... you're saying 48 million people will be making under the set figure by the health care bill .... on a previous post I posted the government web site ... it tells you how much each person will pay in round numbers ... so again how are we going to subsidize the entire system ???? people like you who don't take the time to go the the government web site to confirm your suspicion and relies on some right wing blogger with and agenda is beyond me...

I wonder what happens to your currant health care when 48 million people start going to the emergency room with out any health care ...

Thats nice.

Suppose those people have no money?? Just who the hell do you think will be paying more so those folks are covered??

Oh and thats doesn't include the illegal immigrants we will be paying for. Last I heard there are around 20 million of them in this country and you can bet they won't be paying for ANYTHING.

WOW your a moron.

Last edited:
The only winners I can see in the ACA are the ones we taxpayers will be subsidizing. Seems we'll be subsidizing quite a few.

Wonder what happens when the tax money is gone??

so what you're trying to tell us is 48 million of these people will be subsidized right ... you're saying 48 million people will be making under the set figure by the health care bill .... on a previous post I posted the government web site ... it tells you how much each person will pay in round numbers ... so again how are we going to subsidize the entire system ???? people like you who don't take the time to go the the government web site to confirm your suspicion and relies on some right wing blogger with and agenda is beyond me...

I wonder what happens to your currant health care when 48 million people start going to the emergency room with out any health care ...

Thats nice.

Suppose those people have no money?? Just who the hell do you think will be paying more so those folks are covered??

Oh and thats doesn't include the illegal immigrants we will be paying for. Last I heard there are around 20 million of them in this country and you can bet they won't be paying for ANYTHING.

WOW your a moron.

PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO MONEY- LESS THAN 130 PER CENT OF POVERTY- GET FREE MEDICAID, A DOCTOR, AND PREVENTIVE CARE, SO THAT'S A HELLUVA LOT CHEAPER THAN OUR PRESENT PUB SYSTEM of ER care, bankruptcy, going on welfare, etc etc. READ SOMETHING, IGNORANT pub dupe...

As long as Pubs refuse a good ID card, I'm guessing illegals will be in the system LOL...

I don't recall anybody bitching here when they were much higher for women than men.

Because you are LYING - premiums were NOT higher for women EVER.
They were higher for women until the age of about 38.

If a woman is obese, diabetic and smokes - then they were. Women are much more often obese and young women smoke also much more often than men.

Thin, fit, healthy women did not have higher premiums.

Forum List

Back