At last, Obama reveals the truth about Benghazi attacks in an interview

We already know the reason. The Republican Senate reduced the security budget $360M, which is the reason CIA operatives were killed in the attack.

and I know you know better. You just hope others don't. Sorry to burst your scheme.

Last edited by a moderator:
No fucking video. I swear if I could get my hands on the liars who perpetrated the bullshit that this was about a video, I'd be vibing. The fact that you don't have certain individuals already in a docket SCREAMS how corrupt you are. You really are disgusting.

We already know the reason. The Republican Senate reduced the security budget $360M, which is the reason CIA operatives were killed in the attack.

and I know you know better. You just hope others don't. Sorry to burst your scheme.

Before the White House put the kaybosh on the reporting.......check this out. I grabbed it. :eusa_angel: This is ABC people. Kiss my ass if you have a problem with the source.

Home> Investigative Unit
American Killed in Libya Was on Intel Mission to Track Weapons

Home> Investigative Unit
American Killed in Libya Was on Intel Mission to Track Weapons
Sept. 13, 2012
By LEE FERRAN
Lee Ferran More from Lee »
Investigative Reporter
161 Comments
PHOTO: Glen Doherty
Glen Doherty, a former U.S. Navy SEAL, was among four Americans killed in an attack on a diplomatic mission in Benghazi Libya on Sept. 11, 2012.
Courtesy Doherty Family
Next Video Prophet Movie Rage Could Lead to Increased Violence
Auto Start: On | Off

One of the Americans killed alongside Ambassador Christopher Stevens in an attack on a U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya Tuesday told ABC News before his death that he was working with the State Department on an intelligence mission to round up dangerous weapons in the war-torn nation.

In an interview with ABC News last month, Glen Doherty, a 42-year-old former Navy SEAL who worked as a contractor with the State Department, said he personally went into the field to track down so-called MANPADS, shoulder-fired surface-to-air missiles, and destroy them. After the fall of dictator Moammar Gadhafi, the State Department launched a mission to round up thousands of MANPADS that may have been looted from military installations across the country. U.S. officials previously told ABC News they were concerned the MANPADS could fall into the hands of terrorists, creating a threat to commercial airliners.

READ: Nightmare in Libya: Thousands of Surface-to-Air Missiles Unaccounted For

Doherty said that he traveled throughout Libya chasing reports of the weapons and once they were found, his team would destroy them on the spot by bashing them with hammers or repeatedly running them over with their vehicles. When ABC News spoke to Doherty in late August, he was enjoying a short time off in California before heading back to Libya just days ago.

The State Department declined to comment on Doherty's involvement in the MANPADS program, but pointed to a previous statement from State Assistant Secretary for Political-Military Affairs Andrew Shapiro in which he said the department was looking at "every possible tool to mitigate the threat."

According to military records provided to ABC News, Doherty joined the Navy in 1996 and was a combat medic and a decorated member of the elite SEAL teams by the time he left active duty in 2004. He's described in glowing terms as a top-tier SEAL and better friend in the book "The Red Circle," written by Doherty's longtime friend and SEAL sniper school partner, Brandon Webb.

"Glen was a superb and respected operator, a true quiet professional," Webb told ABC News today. "Don't feel sorry for him, he wouldn't have it. He died serving with men he respected, protecting the freedoms we enjoy as Americans and doing something he loved. He was my best friend and one of the finest human beings I've ever known."

Doherty's mother, Barbara, told ABC News' Boston affiliate WCVB she had been notified of her son's death late Wednesday.

"He was the most wonderful person," she said. "We are all in pain and suffering."

I love this guy. I wish I knew him.

ht_glen_doherty_training_2_ll_120913_wmain.jpg

Glen Doherty, Former Navy SEAL Killed in Libya, Was on Intel Mission to Track Weapons - ABC News

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullfuckingshit! A squad of Marines would have stopped the attack dead in it's tracks. Don't say the United States of America can't afford a squad of Marines. The fact is, Ambassador Stevens TWICE requested extra security but was turned down by the state department. The sonofabitch that turned him down is the one who should be in jail.

lol. Simply sweep it under the rug.

Listen up sparky...at the hearings the chick under Clinton admitted that she received the requests for extra security but opted to deny them without asking Clinton.

It had nothing to do with budget. An extra 1 million a year for extra security wouldn't make a dent in the overall security budget.

Dam....fools like you are why....awww...heck.....fuck it. You are lost already.

Try to focus. The thread is about Benghazi and $360M.

Speaking of lack of focus, the thread is about Obama trying to lay blame away from his admin on Benghazi, not $360M. Are you new at this? Your skills suck if not.

So why did the State Department official in charge of Libya state that was not the case when she testified under oath in front of Congress. When asked if budget cuts caused security to be withdrawn she answered "No."

Don't embarrass yourself rehashing the desperate talking points that the Obama Administration attempted to use following the deaths of our people in Benghazi...they didn't hold up to scrutiny then and they won't now.

Then why was the CIA involved?

Don't you know? One gentleman gave an interview to ABC before returning telling the sad tale of how the idiots in Washington didn't think about all of GADAFFI'S weapons before they turned Libya over to wild cards.

Your President is such a stupid man surrounded by even more stupid people.

Well of course we didn't have control of those arms, never had boots on the ground, and only used air power to save civilians and break Gadaffi's heavy weapons...

Truth be told, Stevens never should have been in a US mission when the ME was aflame because of a stupid RW video, AND the 9/11 anniversary, in the most chaotic place in Libya...we may never know the exact motives of the attackers- except Pub dupes of course. lol.:cuckoo:

House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) asked Lamb about a request for temporary security for Benghazi that had been made by Eric Nordstrom, the regional security officer at the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli.“Ms. Lamb, yesterday you told us in testimony that you received from Mr. Nordstrom a recommendation, but not a request, for more security and you admitted that, in fact, you had previously said that if you submitted a request you would not support it,” Issa said.* “Is that correct?”“Sir, after our meeting last night I went back and at the time—” Lamb said.“First answer the question, then I’ll let you expand,” Issa replied.* “Did you say that yesterday, that you would not support if he gave you the request?”“Under the current conditions, yes,” she said.“Okay, and then last night you discovered what?” Issa said.“I went back and reviewed the July 9 cable from which I was referring and that was not in that cable,” she said.* “I’ve been reviewing lots of documents—”“Well, we have the July 9 cable, it’s one that we put in the record that, in fact, has the words ‘request,’” Issa said.* “It doesn’t meet your standard of perhaps what you call a formal request -- you described that -- but it does request more assets.”- See more at: State Dept. Security Chief: ?We Had Correct Number of Assets in Benghazi at Time of 9/11 For What Had Been Agreed Upon? | CNS News

Any other questions? There are alot more documents out there to show their concerns were ignored.

I notice no progressives are responding.

:lol:

Sometimes they know when to shut up, and by doing so hope the truth will fall off the first page here. Glad your are as outraged as me over the lack of support our Ambassador had there and the ludicrous response to the deaths by this administration.
you too bloodrock

Last edited:
Ah the Fauxrage is strong with this one.

Wait, what.

Funny in what some people find humorous, others find doctrine.

So, how's the impeachment going?????????

Bullfuckingshit! A squad of Marines would have stopped the attack dead in it's tracks. Don't say the United States of America can't afford a squad of Marines. The fact is, Ambassador Stevens TWICE requested extra security but was turned down by the state department. The sonofabitch that turned him down is the one who should be in jail.

CAIRO: Ambassador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security, U.S. officials say | Middle East | McClatchy DC

What stevens wanted or didn't want doesn't matter, what does is a sitting president tried to blame it on a stupid video. What matter's is Hillary faked a concussion when asked to testify.

I notice no progressives are responding.

:lol:

Sometimes they know when to shut up, and by doing so hope the truth will fall off the first page here. Glad your are as outraged as me over the lack of support our Ambassador had there and the ludicrous response to the deaths by this administration.
you too bloodrock

Upon hearing the news of the attacks, the Commander in Chief ordered his Commanders to do everything possible to save American lives. What more do you want?

Ah the Fauxrage is strong with this one.

Wait, what.

Funny in what some people find humorous, others find doctrine.

So, how's the impeachment going?????????

And your lack of outrage is sickening.

What stevens wanted or didn't want doesn't matter, what does is a sitting president tried to blame it on a stupid video. What matter's is Hillary faked a concussion when asked to testify.

I'm pretty sure they blamed it on an extremist group that came to the compound with heavy weapons, which are common in that part of Libya.

[
The lie was told to protect the campaign mantra of "al-quaeda is on the run"....and it also gave reason for Obama not to cancel his all important fundraiser the next day.

Did you stop to think how outrageously preposterous that 'theory' is?

1. first of all it's a lie and everyone knows it; the president called the act terrorism the day after it happened, but anyhow,

2. there has never been a plausible argument made that a terrorist act would be detrimental to the re-election in the first place. Who invented that theory?

3. since by the time the election occurred, EVERYONE knew it was a terrorist attack, and OBAMA STILL WON THE ELECTION, where's that theory in light of that fact?

4. The idea that a single terrorist attack in the Middle East, of all places, could have caused enough negative reaction directed at the President to change the votes of MILLIONS of Americans,

enough to alter the outcome of the election, is absurd. Equally absurd is the idea that the administration would concoct a harebrained scheme to avoid that absurdly impossible eventuality.

Forum List

Back