At this moment, this Presidency is not going well

Not that it really matters to some, but we're not really in a good place at the moment. Things could turn, and most of us continue to hope for the best. But, as of early morning, August 24, here we are:

The Economy
While the unemployment figures look very good on their face, they are clearly not translating to growth, especially at the cost of the exploding deficit that temporarily goosed the economy. GDP is currently at 2.1%, but we can certainly remain hopeful that it will reverse course and increase. There have been spotty signs that growth-push inflation may be ticking up, but the trade war is clearly effecting sentiment (not to mention data) at a terribly delicate moment. Right now, this is a decent economy, at best, with consumers lacking the resources to push it and their household debt above 2008 levels.

Trade With China
Our President doesn't appear to understand that China is paying attention. They realize quite well that he's trying to bully them into a trade deal, like an eight-year old boy trying to bully another child out of their lunch at the playground. Meanwhile, Trump exhibits zero (0) understanding of the fact that China can theoretically out-wait us here, since they don't have those pesky elections to worry about all that much if the populace gets pissed off. While anything is certainly possible, it's tough to imagine China making any long term commitments until after they see who they're dealing with in January of 2021.

International Relations
Our President has not only isolated himself and his country from the rest of the world with his actions, but also with his petulant behaviors. Even for those of us who have done all we can to lower our standards and expectations of his child-like behavior, the thought of this goofy, pointless dust-up with Denmark (Denmark!) makes us wonder if this man can get along with anyone outside his base. Meanwhile, the crazy fat kid in North Korea is shooting off rockets like he's in charge of the Fourth of July celebration at the park. Like China, the world is clearly looking ahead, with hope, to November 2020.

The Wall
Trump's signature, paranoid, shallow, hyper-simplistic election issue piece isn't exactly flying up with checks to pay for it coming in from Mexico. Even with the White House, House and Senate, this President wasn't able to do much more than slap up a few new two by fours to fix some areas of our existing wall. Any completely "new" wall is spotty at best, and now he's ready to steal cash from one place to placate his base with a few miles of a much less Trumpish wall here and there. Gee, great, so much for that idea. I guess "Build! The! Wall!" could still serve as a standby rally chant when needed.

Race
Well, examining this topic is most likely a waste of time here, since there are many on this board who are telling us that racism no longer exists, or it's fake news, or that if you don't show up to work wearing a white hood you can't be a racist. What a disaster. And minorities are supposed to ignore all of it, because the unemployment rate is down at the moment. While the sycophants continue to run interference for the President Who Doesn't Know Who David Duke is, the rest of the country and the rest of the world are simply not buying the bullshit. But it sure sounds good on talk radio.

The silver lining? By far the most "successful" component of the Trump years will probably turn out to be the courts. The SC is in good shape for them, and they now have the added bonus of hoping that Ruth is quickly ravaged by cancer and dies soon. Ditto (no pun intended) for the lower courts, the nominations of which don't make much news but sure look like Sean Hannity picked 'em.

Could the economy turn back up? Yes, definitely, hopefully, but some kind of GOOD trade deal with China is now pretty much mandatory for that to happen. The Courts are the Courts. They'll probably be able to gather enough Lego™ blocks to build enough of a wall somewhere to keep talk radio and the base happy. International Relations? Race Relations? Pffffft. Who cares. Fake news.

Race relations is not necessarily fake news, however, the problem stems mainly from the media's incessant rants about racism. Those who voted for Trump are called or implied to be racist by the left. They get mad and respond forcefully against the attack. This response is seen as racist by those who want to push the narrative. It is a vicious cycle.

It has gotten to a point where if a black person gets bad or rude service from a white waitor, for example, it is automaically assumed it is beceause they are black. I can't count how many times I have gotten bad/rude service from a black person(and white ones) at a drive-thru, but I don't assume that it is because I am white. I blame the individual for just being a bad employee, not their race.
Well, there is the media, and then there is the real racism that does still exist.

The media will inflate the racism, agreed, but it had to exist in the first place. It's still a problem.

As long as the Right denies or diminishes or dismisses this, it will be an important issue. Both ends of this have work to do.

There will ALWAYS be racism . Not just white against black, but black against white, hispanic against black, black against hispanic, white against hispanic, etc. This will never be eradicated. It is not possible. What is happening now is only one type of racism is being recognized(white against black) by the media and the little that does exist is being completely blown out of proportion.

If 10 white Nazi's attack a black person in Mississippi, this is sold by the media as just how rampant racism is, when in reality, white Nazi's, and those that hold their views, is an extremely small percentage of white people in this country, just as the black panthers is an extremely small percentage of black people in this country.

The way to ease racial relations is for the left to stop making everthing, literally everything, racial. You can't listen to Democrat talk for more than 5 minutes without hearing something about race. All this does is further divide everyone. I know I get very irritated when a Democrat accuses me of being a racist because I voted for Trump or because I don't support many of the left-wing policies. It is intellectually dishonest with no basis other than they have been programmed to believe that everything should be viewed through the some sort of race lens. It is nonsense.

Not that it really matters to some, but we're not really in a good place at the moment. Things could turn, and most of us continue to hope for the best. But, as of early morning, August 24, here we are:

The Economy
While the unemployment figures look very good on their face, they are clearly not translating to growth, especially at the cost of the exploding deficit that temporarily goosed the economy. GDP is currently at 2.1%, but we can certainly remain hopeful that it will reverse course and increase. There have been spotty signs that growth-push inflation may be ticking up, but the trade war is clearly effecting sentiment (not to mention data) at a terribly delicate moment. Right now, this is a decent economy, at best, with consumers lacking the resources to push it and their household debt above 2008 levels.

Trade With China
Our President doesn't appear to understand that China is paying attention. They realize quite well that he's trying to bully them into a trade deal, like an eight-year old boy trying to bully another child out of their lunch at the playground. Meanwhile, Trump exhibits zero (0) understanding of the fact that China can theoretically out-wait us here, since they don't have those pesky elections to worry about all that much if the populace gets pissed off. While anything is certainly possible, it's tough to imagine China making any long term commitments until after they see who they're dealing with in January of 2021.

International Relations
Our President has not only isolated himself and his country from the rest of the world with his actions, but also with his petulant behaviors. Even for those of us who have done all we can to lower our standards and expectations of his child-like behavior, the thought of this goofy, pointless dust-up with Denmark (Denmark!) makes us wonder if this man can get along with anyone outside his base. Meanwhile, the crazy fat kid in North Korea is shooting off rockets like he's in charge of the Fourth of July celebration at the park. Like China, the world is clearly looking ahead, with hope, to November 2020.

The Wall
Trump's signature, paranoid, shallow, hyper-simplistic election issue piece isn't exactly flying up with checks to pay for it coming in from Mexico. Even with the White House, House and Senate, this President wasn't able to do much more than slap up a few new two by fours to fix some areas of our existing wall. Any completely "new" wall is spotty at best, and now he's ready to steal cash from one place to placate his base with a few miles of a much less Trumpish wall here and there. Gee, great, so much for that idea. I guess "Build! The! Wall!" could still serve as a standby rally chant when needed.

Race
Well, examining this topic is most likely a waste of time here, since there are many on this board who are telling us that racism no longer exists, or it's fake news, or that if you don't show up to work wearing a white hood you can't be a racist. What a disaster. And minorities are supposed to ignore all of it, because the unemployment rate is down at the moment. While the sycophants continue to run interference for the President Who Doesn't Know Who David Duke is, the rest of the country and the rest of the world are simply not buying the bullshit. But it sure sounds good on talk radio.

The silver lining? By far the most "successful" component of the Trump years will probably turn out to be the courts. The SC is in good shape for them, and they now have the added bonus of hoping that Ruth is quickly ravaged by cancer and dies soon. Ditto (no pun intended) for the lower courts, the nominations of which don't make much news but sure look like Sean Hannity picked 'em.

Could the economy turn back up? Yes, definitely, hopefully, but some kind of GOOD trade deal with China is now pretty much mandatory for that to happen. The Courts are the Courts. They'll probably be able to gather enough Lego™ blocks to build enough of a wall somewhere to keep talk radio and the base happy. International Relations? Race Relations? Pffffft. Who cares. Fake news.

Race relations is not necessarily fake news, however, the problem stems mainly from the media's incessant rants about racism. Those who voted for Trump are called or implied to be racist by the left. They get mad and respond forcefully against the attack. This response is seen as racist by those who want to push the narrative. It is a vicious cycle.

It has gotten to a point where if a black person gets bad or rude service from a white waitor, for example, it is automaically assumed it is beceause they are black. I can't count how many times I have gotten bad/rude service from a black person(and white ones) at a drive-thru, but I don't assume that it is because I am white. I blame the individual for just being a bad employee, not their race.
Well, there is the media, and then there is the real racism that does still exist.

The media will inflate the racism, agreed, but it had to exist in the first place. It's still a problem.

As long as the Right denies or diminishes or dismisses this, it will be an important issue. Both ends of this have work to do.

There will ALWAYS be racism . Not just white against black, but black against white, hispanic against black, black against hispanic, white against hispanic, etc. This will never be eradicated. It is not possible. What is happening now is only one type of racism is being recognized(white against black) by the media and the little that does exist is being completely blown out of proportion.

If 10 white Nazi's attack a black person in Mississippi, this is sold by the media as just how rampant racism is, when in reality, white Nazi's, and those that hold their views, is an extremely small percentage of white people in this country, just as the black panthers is an extremely small percentage of black people in this country.

The way to ease racial relations is for the left to stop making everthing, literally everything, racial. You can't listen to Democrat talk for more than 5 minutes without hearing something about race. All this does is further divide everyone. I know I get very irritated when a Democrat accuses me of being a racist because I voted for Trump or because I don't support many of the left-wing policies. It is intellectually dishonest with no basis other than they have been programmed to believe that everything should be viewed through the some sort of race lens. It is nonsense.
Your response is what I'm talking about.

The Economy

Trade With China

International Relations

The Wall

Race

Your response is what I'm talking about.

Then you are wrong. Pretty simple really.

Since
you want to talk about the Democrats
Giving Republicans a pass while declaring Democrats "generally nasty" and blaming them for Trump on that basis is truly nuts. "It's about the FUNDAMENTALISTS on BOTH ends vs. a MAJORITY of America." Oh, sure, sure... Wake the fuck up. You've been nastilly attacked by Republican fundies from page 1 here. How much longer do you plan trying this Obama-like appeasement strategy in order to win them over? More importantly, why do you even bother? Who do you think you're kidding other than yourself?

The Economy

Trade With China

International Relations

The Wall

Race

Is this how the corporate media is telling folks to think?

Thanks for the update.

Think I'll go outside and play.

:113:
You're free to point out the errors.

No one else can, in this group meltdown.
It is my belief, you are being a bit hyperbolic.

It is not all to one side, nor all to that other.

The Economy is going to do, what it is going to do, regardless of who is president. The global elites, and the FED have more affect on this than any particular president does.

I really wouldn't get too political here.

Your rant on China is actually, almost, an argument to make Trump emperor for life? Or at least to give him a second term, if I am not correct?

On international relations, again, it is all a matter of POV, if that is how you see it, good for you. A lot of folks are just tired of America being the world's policeman. Many are glad that we have disengaged. I for one, am glad we have a POTUS that refuses to go to war. Aren't you?

As far as "the Wall" goes, most intelligent folks know it is the job of Congress to allocate funds, so meh? :dunno: Blaming an administration for not doing something about immigration, when it is the job of Congress? What did the previous administrations get done? Right, nothing. No expectations. Grow up Mac.

Race? After Obama and the CFR corporate media created and inflamed racial tensions YOU expect Trump to quiet them? This is a made up issue by the propagandists.

I have repeatedly asked you to familiarize yourself with two books; Propaganda (1928) and Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media, but have you? No.

Your imagined problems are just that, your divisive issues and balkanization is just that. Unless you have demands that can be met, unless you have a negotiated position that can be met with compromise? Your position is nebulous at best, and your issues are made up whining. YOU ARE BEING HYPERBOLIC.

I believe your world view, and that of your opponents, are both a bit extreme, the truth lay in the middle. The situation has not changed much in two months.

This has all been predicted though, the corporate media would have you hating the current situation, b/c the global masters NEED the U.S. interventionist policy and war making!
"The Global Capitalist Ruling Classes are About to Teach the World a Lesson""

Last edited:
Since
Giving Republicans a pass while declaring Democrats "generally nasty" and blaming them for Trump on that basis is truly nuts. "It's about the FUNDAMENTALISTS on BOTH ends vs. a MAJORITY of America." Oh, sure, sure... Wake the fuck up. You've been nastilly attacked by Republican fundies from page 1 here. How much longer do you plan trying this Obama-like appeasement strategy in order to win them over? More importantly, why do you even bother? Who do you think you're kidding other than yourself?
You clearly don't understand my politics, but you're more than welcome to keep making stuff up about them.

I'm used to that here, from both whacked-out ends.

I stopped reading there.

Perhaps you (and many others here) could stop fabricating my positions to make a "point". I never said that.

If you want to reference my opinions, perhaps you could utilize the "quote" function, and reference what I actually SAY.

And the GOP Congress refused to cooperate with Obama.

My examples are all Trump-specific, all of them. We can pretend they are not, we can try to change the subject, but that would be lying.

totally wrong, obama shut them out, refused to talk with them, remember "we won" and "republicans need to go to the back of the bus" ?

the refusal to negotiate and compromise was coming from the dictator wannabe obozo the great.

your grasp of recent history is amazingly lacking.
You've kinda got that backwards. I mean yes, something similar to that was said, but you got the order backwards. That sentiment was expressed after years of republican obstructionism and leaks about how they determined to block every single Obama initiative even if they thought it was a good idea and secret back room meetings on inauguration night.

bullshit, Newt and the GOP worked with clinton and got things done, the dems refused to work with Bush and are refusing to work with Trump.

the only obama ideas that were blocked were his stupid socialist attempts to destroy this country.
Oh please. They had a meeting on the night of the inauguration and determined they would "stand on the sidelines and bitch" I believe was the quote.
Funny you should mention that.....it also shows how much of a hypocrite you are because "Stand on the sidelines and bitch" is what Democrats do. It's all they do when they aren't in power. When they're in power their fascist tendencies come out.

Obama made sure that there was nothing that Republicans could agree on. He started acting like a fucking dictator and started lecturing them. They had the early "negotiations" on CSPAN and it just looked like Obama talking and everyone else sitting there listening to him pontificating. Obama made sure they would have to fight against him. It takes two to work out a deal, but Obama made sure that everyone knew he wasn't willing to meet them halfway.
It's a quote kiddo, not an accusation.

"David Obey, then chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, met with his GOP counterpart, Jerry Lewis, to explain what Democrats had in mind for the stimulus and ask what Republicans wanted to include. “Jerry’s response was, ‘I’m sorry, but leadership tells us we can’t play,’ ” Obey told me. “Exact quote: ‘We can’t play.’ What they said right from the get-go was, It doesn’t matter what the hell you do, we ain’t going to help you. We’re going to stand on the sidelines and bitch.

The Party of No: New Details on the GOP Plot to Obstruct Obama | TIME.com

I stopped reading there.

Perhaps you (and many others here) could stop fabricating my positions to make a "point". I never said that.

If you want to reference my opinions, perhaps you could utilize the "quote" function, and reference what I actually SAY.
I don't like doing that "tit for tat" quoting, I like summarizing.

I guess this is the problem with discussion. Most of the folks in this thread believe you, by parroting the corporate news media, have distorted the administrations intent, and accomplishments.

Nothing to be gained I guess.

If you won't allow me to summarize what you have done and said, why should you and the media be able to do the same to the administration?

I stopped reading there.

I don't like doing that "tit for tat" quoting, I like summarizing.

I guess this is the problem with discussion. Most of the folks in this thread believe you, by parroting the corporate news media, have distorted the administrations intent, and accomplishments.

Nothing to be gained I guess.

If you won't allow me to summarize what you have done and said, why should you and the media be able to do the same to the administration?
You're welcome to fabricate whatever you want.

Judging from the reactions I've received on this thread, including yours, I'm more than comfy with my OP.

Since
You clearly don't understand my politics, but you're more than welcome to keep making stuff up about them.

Easy denial. Regardless of quote usage. Just tell yourself I made something up. Quick add some smear of the messenger for kicks and giggles. Done. Yes, you are simply a victim of misunderstanding. Now get back to sleep. Keep counting those flying "both ends" sheep. Never worry about confronting power with truth.

Since

Easy denial. Regardless of quote usage. Just tell yourself I made something up. Quick add some smear of the messenger for kicks and giggles. Done. Yes, you are simply a victim of misunderstanding. Now get back to sleep. Keep counting those flying "both ends" sheep. Never worry about confronting power with truth.
Yikes. Okay, well, thanks.

Simple solution to all of it. Tell them to keep the children in their home countries and quit compromising them by trying to bring them or sending then into our country illegally.

Again...the kids have no choice in this. Treating children worse than a dog is a choice you support. What the fuck is wrong with you?
then why do the parents drag through deserts and starve them, and keep water from them? that seems fking awful extreme conditions to take a child in. And you give them the break. that makes you stupid.

Fuck you.

So let’s see if I follow your moronic logic. Because the parents break the law and mistreat their kids, it’s acceptable for the authorities to do so?

You’re a fucking idiot.
How about this-choose to support a Russian child or an American soldier. Which is it? I choose the American soldier-he is from MY country. The Democrats belittle our soldiers especially when they are near the border and support the foreign child- that's wrong-I don't care if they ARE kids-I choose the soldier.

So the choice is giving a child soap and toothpaste or support a soldier?

Americans in the age of trump can’t afford both?

Wow
a home or a desert, the parents fault. I pack my toothbrush and toothpaste as well as bring water and supplies. shaming is so boring.

Again...the kids have no choice in this. Treating children worse than a dog is a choice you support. What the fuck is wrong with you?
then why do the parents drag through deserts and starve them, and keep water from them? that seems fking awful extreme conditions to take a child in. And you give them the break. that makes you stupid.

Fuck you.

So let’s see if I follow your moronic logic. Because the parents break the law and mistreat their kids, it’s acceptable for the authorities to do so?

You’re a fucking idiot.
How about this-choose to support a Russian child or an American soldier. Which is it? I choose the American soldier-he is from MY country. The Democrats belittle our soldiers especially when they are near the border and support the foreign child- that's wrong-I don't care if they ARE kids-I choose the soldier.
So, by "supporting" a kid (I assume that mens shelter, healthcare, education), I am neglecting a soldier?

Wha? We can't do both?

Strange people, these blob supporters
more shaming by a leftist, how surprising. don't you have another play?

The Economy

Trade With China

International Relations

The Wall

Race

dismisses what? there you go again, generalization with no actual substance. I call it nonsense. thanks.

totally wrong, obama shut them out, refused to talk with them, remember "we won" and "republicans need to go to the back of the bus" ?

the refusal to negotiate and compromise was coming from the dictator wannabe obozo the great.

your grasp of recent history is amazingly lacking.
You've kinda got that backwards. I mean yes, something similar to that was said, but you got the order backwards. That sentiment was expressed after years of republican obstructionism and leaks about how they determined to block every single Obama initiative even if they thought it was a good idea and secret back room meetings on inauguration night.

bullshit, Newt and the GOP worked with clinton and got things done, the dems refused to work with Bush and are refusing to work with Trump.

the only obama ideas that were blocked were his stupid socialist attempts to destroy this country.
Oh please. They had a meeting on the night of the inauguration and determined they would "stand on the sidelines and bitch" I believe was the quote.
Link? Video? Com'on, you are lying-answer the man Crapitus
It's common knowledge, but since you seem somewhat incapable I'll help you out this once.

Let me Google that for you

Click that, it will take you to dozens of links confirming my statement.
fail

The Economy

Trade With China

International Relations

The Wall

Race

dismisses what? there you go again, generalization with no actual substance. I call it nonsense. thanks.
"Dismisses what?"

:laugh:

Exactly. Perfect.

Fuck you.

You’re a fucking idiot.
So, by "supporting" a kid (I assume that mens shelter, healthcare, education), I am neglecting a soldier?

Wha? We can't do both?

Strange people, these blob supporters
I don't support blobs or invaders-that should be clear-there is a law against aiding criminals-are you a criminal enabler?
naw, he just turns his head on the needs of the inner city blacks, who exist in our country as citizens and he does nothing to help them. He's called a hypocrite and anti-american.

Start using the inner city concentration camps to debate these leftist anti americans. their shame game is done. they need a new play. Race doesn't work either, cause they ignore the black folks. They don't care about them as long as they are on the plantation. step off, ohhhh, then we's got a problem. Ask them. The new kkk keeping the black folk in inner city concentration camps.

Last edited:

The Economy

Trade With China

International Relations

The Wall

Race

"Dismisses what?"

:laugh:

Exactly. Perfect.
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg: and there it isn't, nope not any explanation to what we dismiss. just nonsense. Thanks as I said before, you're predictable.

The Economy

Trade With China

International Relations

The Wall

Race

it's all overplayed shaming, and it's been on display every election cycle since I was able to vote. yet the inner city plantations are struggling and until one pulls away, they are quiet about the camps. yep the new kkk plantation, inner cities. Toxic race hate at its finest for them. They're proud of those plantations as well.

Forum List

Back