At What Point Did You Decide That You Were Against Obama No Matter What?

The Democrats are a big tent party and the Republicans aren't. If the Democrats started a southern strategy, it would be all over for the Republicans. All the Republicans would have would be western states with small populations. The Democrats could do it in the South.

There's only one problem with your scenario, Dubya? Progressive policies don't work. The longer we have people like Barry, Harry and Nancy running things the more the country will come to resemble places we used to privately point to and snicker. At some point even the "slow" folks like yourself will start to understand that you can't pay for all these unfunded entitlements by raising taxes on "rich people" and how that was simply a fairy tale told to the American people by politicians who cared more about getting elected than in doing what was right for the country.

At that point conservatism will be making a comeback...

Progressive policies have worked fine in an economy and your regressive policies haven't. You've screwed the economy for more than a hundred years and it goes all the way back to the Civil War.

Progressive policies have given us the worst recovery from a recession since the The Great Depression, Dubya. The US economy has outgrown any other country on the planet since the Civil War. If that's your definition of "screwing" the economy then you're being even more ignorant than usual!

You don't tell us SHIT..
Party? Please.
You libs are in such a minority now it's almost comical.
If the GOP was "going down, why then cannot the democrats retake the House. Why cannot they grab a super majority in the Senate. Why do 24 states have GOP majority houses. Why are there 30 GOP governors? Why is limited government sweeping the nation state by state? Why are states reining in public worker unions? Why are states going over to "right to work"?
Looks to me as though the democrats have gone as far as they can go.
Liberalism has hit a wall. Your side almost was able to run the table.
How selfish arrogant and elitist of you to believe your side is owed "it all"...

The Democrats are a big tent party and the Republicans aren't. If the Democrats started a southern strategy, it would be all over for the Republicans. All the Republicans would have would be western states with small populations. The Democrats could do it in the South.

lol, the Democrats are a big tent party..that only allows people in IF they walk in lockstep with them, but step out of that tent, LOOK THE HELL OUT...Lieberman for example
You liberals crack me up

You don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Do you remember how the Democrats once dominated the South? In the Deep South at the state level, they often still do. Most of the southern national offices switched to the Republicans and the governors, but not at the state level in their Senates and Houses of Representatives. Even after 50 years of Republican effort, many in the South will vote for a conservative, but won't vote Republican at the state level where there is a choice. There are still plenty of conservative Democrats in the South and they don't walk in lockstep, fool!

The Democrats have their Bluedogs and the Republican liberals ended back in the Nelson Rockefeller days. The Democrats are still a big tent party and the Republicans aren't. The Republicans feed on their own and keep them in line.

You're so delusional at this point it's humorous to watch. You really don't have the faintest idea how our government is set up to function, do you?

Here's a little explanation...

The House drafts legislation...votes on it and if approved sends it over to the Senate. The Senate takes the House bill...debates it and then usually drafts its own version of the legislation. Then in a process called "reconciliation" representatives of the House and the Senate then hammer out a compromise between the two versions before sending a finished bill to the White House for the President's signature.

Now the House is doing it's job. It's crafting legislation and it's sending that legislation over to the Senate. When it gets there however, Harry Reid is preventing that GOP sponsored legislation from being brought to the floor for discussion or for a vote. Therefore there IS no Senate version that can be compromised with the House version in the reconciliation and the legislative process comes to a grinding halt.

It's the same thing with budgets. The House is sending over proposed budgets to the Senate. They've done their jobs. The Senate however has refused to draft a budget for well over two years now. Why? Purely for political reasons.

The White House has politicized the budget process even more than the Democratically controlled Senate. They've sent proposed budgets over to Congress that were so unrealistic that they were unable to get a single vote for them from Republicans OR Democrats!

But you continue to blame it all on GOP "obstructionism"...which proves how naive you really are.

You're lecturing me and you don't know legislation is drafted in both houses of Congress. Most legislation starts in the House, but not all and I do know how the government works.

The only part of government that you "know" of how it works is the entitlement sector.

Per capita, the red states get more entitlement money and especially for disability. You're talking out of your ass when it comes to me getting money from the government, fool!

Here are some links, prove otherwise!

http://www.census.gov/prod/2011pubs/fas-10.pdf

http://www.census.gov/prod/2011pubs/cffr-10.pdf

http://www.census.gov/prod/2010pubs/p60-238.pdf

I didn't say that only the House drafts legislation. I was pointing out that the GOP controlled House was in fact drafting legislation which it was sending over to the Senate and that Harry Reid was then holding that legislation and not allowing it to come to the Senate floor. He's done that with well over 40 House bills at last count. So how is it that the GOP is at fault for obstructionism when the legislative process is working quite well in the branch of government THEY control but isn't working at all in the branches that they don't? It's quite obvious the the person playing the obstructionist game is Dingy Harry...not the GOP. What he SHOULD be doing is passing a Senate version of legislation and then letting a compromise be hammered out with reconciliation. So why hasn't he allowed that to happen? It's quite simple actually...Harry didn't want Democrats to have to defend their votes in an election year. So he refused to do something as basic as passing a budget...something the Congress is required by law to do each year.

It takes more than your word, so prove it!

Do I really have to "prove" that Harry Reid hasn't allowed over 40 bills passed by the House to come to the Senate floor? That's common knowledge for anyone who's even remotely paying attention to what's happening in Washington. So why is that not obstruction, Dubya?

Yes, you have to prove it, because your word isn't good enough.

There's only one problem with your scenario, Dubya? Progressive policies don't work. The longer we have people like Barry, Harry and Nancy running things the more the country will come to resemble places we used to privately point to and snicker. At some point even the "slow" folks like yourself will start to understand that you can't pay for all these unfunded entitlements by raising taxes on "rich people" and how that was simply a fairy tale told to the American people by politicians who cared more about getting elected than in doing what was right for the country.

Progressive policies have worked fine in an economy and your regressive policies haven't. You've screwed the economy for more than a hundred years and it goes all the way back to the Civil War.

HA!.....This is a list of what liberalism has done TO this country and the people that work and produce..
political correctness.
Out of control social spending with the promise of more if those who seek to live off the public dole, "vote the right way".
Horrifically expensive public worker unions.
Destruction of American institutions and traditions.
Higher and higher taxes.
New tax strategies to confiscate even more from the producers.
A culture of "you can't say that"..
Protected classes of people who are 100% beyond ANY criticism lest the criticizer be impugned or even hauled into court.
The destruction of the two parent family unit.
Promises of wide availability of taxpayer funded entitlements.
Gargantuan federal deficits with continued out of control spending for the purpose of expanding an economy that is contracting due to federal deficits.
Extreme divisiveness.
Central planning. All encompassing nanny state government.
Politicians that truly believe they know what is best and that we must have government to save us from ourselves.
The incremental erosion of personal freedom and liberty.

Yes, I can see where progressive is the way to go. Sheesh.

That's propaganda and the liberals never had the power to do the things you claim.

Progressive policies have given us the worst recovery from a recession since the The Great Depression, Dubya. The US economy has outgrown any other country on the planet since the Civil War. If that's your definition of "screwing" the economy then you're being even more ignorant than usual!

The worst recovery comes from keeping those Republican regressive policies in place that caused the worst recession since the Great Depression. The Republicans haven't been trying to make the economy improve, because they oppose Obama.

Hope you don't mind my deleting the endless "It is Bush's Fault" preamble, but after five (5) years, I think everyone's memorized it.

At any rate since you're curious about just what republican conservatives think, perhaps I should hesitate to relpy as an Independent, pro-abortion, anti-discrimination voter.

However: I didn't like Obama as a candidate in 2008 because he was not qualified for the job and risked giving those opposed to the advancement of African Americans yet another reason to argue that standards were being lowered to accomodated the minority group's inability to qualify given their own individual merits.

Amazingly there were African Americans that were perfectly qualified: Condoleeza Rice an Colin Powell immediately come to mind.

you are correct, but Rice and Powell had R's behind their names, so they were not qualified as "real" blacks, they were traitors and uncle Toms. But now Powell has decided to give up being a Tom and become a racist.

The R vs D issue really doesn't matter to me since I said I'm independent.

However, I can see that it would make a huge difference to partisan sheep.

McCain was a very qualified candidate.

Clearly, this is directed to The Republicans and self-proclaimed Conservatives of USMB.

When, exactly, did you realize that you really didn't like Obama and were going to be against him no matter what?

C'mon, be honest.

Hope you don't mind my deleting the endless "It is Bush's Fault" preamble, but after five (5) years, I think everyone's memorized it.

At any rate since you're curious about just what republican conservatives think, perhaps I should hesitate to relpy as an Independent, pro-abortion, anti-discrimination voter.

However: I didn't like Obama as a candidate in 2008 because he was not qualified for the job and risked giving those opposed to the advancement of African Americans yet another reason to argue that standards were being lowered to accomodated the minority group's inability to qualify given their own individual merits.

Amazingly there were African Americans that were perfectly qualified: Condoleeza Rice an Colin Powell immediately come to mind.

you are correct, but Rice and Powell had R's behind their names, so they were not qualified as "real" blacks, they were traitors and uncle Toms. But now Powell has decided to give up being a Tom and become a racist.
I agree with this, as this is the way I see it also..

Being an independent requires more than saying you are. You call yourself an independent and walk lock step with the Republicans. Most independents are moderates and you aren't one.

To be eligible to vote in a primary in my state, you have to register for that party. Some states have open primaries and allow people not registered to that party to vote in primaries. Many people in my state are true independents, but they still have to choose a party in our closed primary system or register as an independent and just not vote in primaries. The Republicans in this general area are not the extremists that exist in many of the Red State areas. The Republicans throughout a muti-state area are moderates. Some aren't bad politicians, but their party sucks.

The worst recovery comes from keeping those Republican regressive policies in place that caused the worst recession since the Great Depression. The Republicans haven't been trying to make the economy improve, because they oppose Obama.
They (the pubs) caused the worst recession since the great depression eh? I think Clinton and his cronies during his reign caused it, and it has been a disaster ever since. I think the pubs are guilty of diminishing the middle class in this nation (a once highly valuable base) , in which made them highly vulnerable to the left when they did this. I think it was what the left used to bring them down eventually, as wages began to suffer greatly under the pubs reign of power, it all came back to bite them hard in the end. The only way to become powerful is in numbers, and keeping those numbers strong and healthy, but when you choose greed over the stability of your future party and the nation, well you have done a huge dis-service to your own family, and it showed in the elections. Now the only thing left to do, is to rebuild the party quickly, but do it by fixing what you (the pubs) have done to the base out here, and you know who they are, and you know how you have made them suffer all due to the greed you had chosen over them. Wake up America...Good grief.. Now your family is under attack constantly, so I hope that you who have bathed in your wealth, still feel dirty inside, even though you look clean on the outside.

Being an independent requires more than saying you are. You call yourself an independent and walk lock step with the Republicans. Most independents are moderates and you aren't one. .

What are you babbling about now

Being independent means I have no party affiliation you moron.

It takes more than your word, so prove it!

Do I really have to "prove" that Harry Reid hasn't allowed over 40 bills passed by the House to come to the Senate floor? That's common knowledge for anyone who's even remotely paying attention to what's happening in Washington. So why is that not obstruction, Dubya?

My "word" has nothing to do with it...Harry Reid tabling legislation sent over from the House is simply fact...fact that you don't want to deal with because it refutes your notion that it's the GOP that obstructs things and not the Democrats.

What does that say about progressives, Dubya...that they can't deal with the truth about what their leaders are doing?

I ask again...why does what Harry Reid is doing, not fall under the heading of "obstruction"?

Do you REALLY believe the nonsense you spout here about economics? If the problem was "Republican regressive policies" then kindly explain why those policies were not changed when Democrats had super majorities in both the House and Senate with control of the White House? As Barack Obama correctly pointed out to Eric Canter shortly after taking office "Elections have consequences...I won." So what DID Barry do with that election win and those super majorities? Did he work tirelessly to improve the economy and put people back to work? Or was his first priority to ignore those millions of Americans that were out of work and go after government controlled health care? Remind me what Barack Obama DID with his first term, Dubya! Remind me what he did with his big win and those majorities!

It's four years and counting now and millions of Americans are STILL out of work while Barack Obama responds by raising taxes on the very people that the country need's to convince to invest their capital. The simple fact is...you progressive have a plan for our economy that isn't based on economic principles...but actually ignores them in a search for "social justice" and "fairness". That slowest since The Great Depression recovery isn't because of the GOP...it's because progressives like you are CLUELESS when it comes to what it takes to grow an economy.

They (the pubs) caused the worst recession since the great depression eh? I think Clinton and his cronies during his reign caused it, and it has been a disaster ever since. I think the pubs are guilty of diminishing the middle class in this nation (a once highly valuable base) , in which made them highly vulnerable to the left when they did this. I think it was what the left used to bring them down eventually, as wages began to suffer greatly under the pubs reign of power, it all came back to bite them hard in the end. The only way to become powerful is in numbers, and keeping those numbers strong and healthy, but when you choose greed over the stability of your future party and the nation, well you have done a huge dis-service to your own family, and it showed in the elections. Now the only thing left to do, is to rebuild the party quickly, but do it by fixing what you (the pubs) have done to the base out here, and you know who they are, and you know how you have made them suffer all due to the greed you had chosen over them. Wake up America...Good grief.. Now your family is under attack constantly, so I hope that you who have bathed in your wealth, still feel dirty inside, even though you look clean on the outside.

The economy was so good in the Clinton years that it eventually started producing budget surpluses, but there were many things going on. The only way to truly evaluate the times is to have lived it in a way to be aware of things that happened and go back using historical data to analyze what occurred. Such a subject is deserving of it's own thread or many in an economics forum. I don't see blame going to Clinton, but I see Phil Gramm and Alan Greenspan getting a lions share along with Bush and those pushing the privatization angle. Bush also opposed in place regulation that could have prevented the financial crisis.

Perhaps I'll start a thread on this subject sometime, because I have dealt with all these issues in detail before, but why do you think Clinton and his cronies caused a crisis that happened all those years later? Just saying you believe it doesn't mean much, so what exactly was done and who did it?

lol, the Democrats are a big tent party..that only allows people in IF they walk in lockstep with them, but step out of that tent, LOOK THE HELL OUT...Lieberman for example
You liberals crack me up

Do you remember how the Democrats once dominated the South? In the Deep South at the state level, they often still do. Most of the southern national offices switched to the Republicans and the governors, but not at the state level in their Senates and Houses of Representatives. Even after 50 years of Republican effort, many in the South will vote for a conservative, but won't vote Republican at the state level where there is a choice. There are still plenty of conservative Democrats in the South and they don't walk in lockstep, fool!

The Democrats have their Bluedogs and the Republican liberals ended back in the Nelson Rockefeller days. The Democrats are still a big tent party and the Republicans aren't. The Republicans feed on their own and keep them in line.
Digging up the past does not change the facts of the present.

Do you REALLY believe the nonsense you spout here about economics? If the problem was "Republican regressive policies" then kindly explain why those policies were not changed when Democrats had super majorities in both the House and Senate with control of the White House? As Barack Obama correctly pointed out to Eric Canter shortly after taking office "Elections have consequences...I won." So what DID Barry do with that election win and those super majorities? Did he work tirelessly to improve the economy and put people back to work? Or was his first priority to ignore those millions of Americans that were out of work and go after government controlled health care? Remind me what Barack Obama DID with his first term, Dubya! Remind me what he did with his big win and those majorities!

It's four years and counting now and millions of Americans are STILL out of work while Barack Obama responds by raising taxes on the very people that the country need's to convince to invest their capital. The simple fact is...you progressive have a plan for our economy that isn't based on economic principles...but actually ignores them in a search for "social justice" and "fairness". That slowest since The Great Depression recovery isn't because of the GOP...it's because progressives like you are CLUELESS when it comes to what it takes to grow an economy.

The Dems had a supermajority for less than 6 months and it was spread over time. You can only get so much legislation through in that much time. It's very easy to explain when you look for the facts instead of the rhetoric.

You liberals crack me up

Digging up the past does not change the facts of the present.

The present facts are the Dems are well and alive in the South, but only at the state level. The Dems are a big tent party and to claim they demand lock step is just being stupid.

My "word" has nothing to do with it...Harry Reid tabling legislation sent over from the House is simply fact...fact that you don't want to deal with because it refutes your notion that it's the GOP that obstructs things and not the Democrats.

What does that say about progressives, Dubya...that they can't deal with the truth about what their leaders are doing?

I ask again...why does what Harry Reid is doing, not fall under the heading of "obstruction"?

Then post a source to prove it! Prove the legislation came from the House and it wasn't just legislation designed to waste the Senate's time. If the legislation can't pass, why waste time with it? Show us what this great legislation was about!

Being an independent requires more than saying you are. You call yourself an independent and walk lock step with the Republicans. Most independents are moderates and you aren't one. .

What are you babbling about now

Being independent means I have no party affiliation you moron.

What do you think being an independent means to people who claim to be it?

The economy was so good in the Clinton years that it eventually started producing budget surpluses, but there were many things going on. The only way to truly evaluate the times is to have lived it in a way to be aware of things that happened and go back using historical data to analyze what occurred. Such a subject is deserving of it's own thread or many in an economics forum. I don't see blame going to Clinton, but I see Phil Gramm and Alan Greenspan getting a lions share along with Bush and those pushing the privatization angle. Bush also opposed in place regulation that could have prevented the financial crisis.

Perhaps I'll start a thread on this subject sometime, because I have dealt with all these issues in detail before, but why do you think Clinton and his cronies caused a crisis that happened all those years later? Just saying you believe it doesn't mean much, so what exactly was done and who did it?

Ah but what does Bill Clinton have to do with Barack Obama? I ask that question because to be quite frank they are polar opposites when it comes to economic policy. Bill Clinton was in many ways a fiscal conservative while Barry is a classic tax and spend liberal.

I'm always amused when progressives such as yourself bring up Clinton as "proof" that letting Obama go forward with his totally misguided economic policies will somehow result in what happened during Clinton's time in office.

When Clinton took a beating in HIS first mid-term and was faced with a GOP controlled House led by Newt Gingrich, he declared that the era of "big government" was over and that he was ready to work with Republicans...and it wasn't simply rhetoric...Clinton actually DID work with the GOP.

Now contrast that with Barack Obama. He took a shellacking in HIS first mid-term but facing another GOP controlled House he dug in his heels and refused to budge on his agenda. Barry hasn't worked with the GOP...Barry has used them as the scapegoats for why his failed economic policies failed. We've raised taxes in the midst of an economic downturn on the very people that we needed to encourage to invest in the country and we've cut nothing from the bloated, inefficient monstrosity that our Federal Government has become.

I don't blame Clinton for causing a crisis by the way...I thought his handling of the economy was done quite well generally. It seems that Slick Willie was paying attention during his college Econ classes. Barry on the other hand either never took one...or he was stoned to the gills when he did...because HIS grasp of economics is appalling.

Forum List

Back