At What Point Will Hollywood Give Up On Jennifer Aniston?

Spoonman

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2010
At What Point Will Hollywood Give Up On Jennifer Aniston?
by Dorothy Pomerantz · August 23, 2010
Jennifer Aniston's latest film, "The Switch," opened this weekend in 1,700 theaters, but it didn't even crack the top five in ticket sales. The film earned only $8 million, putting it in ninth place behind films like "Vampires Suck" and "Piranha 3-D," according to Exhibitor Relations.

That makes the movie Aniston's fourth disappointment in a row. "Management" was D.O.A. in May 2009 with only $2 million at the global box office. Later that year "Love Happens," co-starring Aaron Eckhart, earned just $36 million. Her most recent film, "The Bounty Hunter," actually ended up doing well at the box office, bringing is $136 million globally by the end of its run. But that's hardly a blockbuster.

Aniston hasn't carried a hit on her own to past $70 million at the box office domestically, according to earnings data compiled by Box Office Mojo. Her films that have earned more than that (like "Bruce Almighty,"Marley & Me and "The Break-Up") have all featured Aniston essentially playing second fiddle to someone like Jim Carrey or, in the case of "Marley & Me," a cute dog.

Read more here

Forum copyright rules, to be found HERE, require a link to copyrighted material.

~Oddball

Does this mean we can be expecting a topless scene in the near future?

Does this mean we can be expecting a topless scene in the near future?

Damn, you beat me to it.

She better hurry up too. She sure doesn't want to pull a Meg Ryan and wait until her titties have completely succumbed to gravity.

I honestly don't know why they started with her. Never really seen her as a good actress. Heck, she is one of the reasons I really don't like Friends. The other 5 are her co-stars in that.

She has bad hair. It ought to be a natural law, no starring roles for women with bad hair. Also, she can't act. She's been playing the same "clueless girlfriend" role for twenty fucking years.

I thought she was pretty good in Rock Star with Mark Walberg.

She has bad hair. It ought to be a natural law, no starring roles for women with bad hair. Also, she can't act. She's been playing the same "clueless girlfriend" role for twenty fucking years.

I think the "She can't act" part should be emphasized. And she has been the same clueless girlfriend. It's ridiculous.

I got news for you, she isn't acting like the dopey girlfriend, that's who she is. Hotter than hell, but a total dumbshit. I remember an interview in People magazine when she answered the question "What is the most important thing in the world to you?" She answered " A good margarita".

She's definitely the girl you nail at HER place.

Forum List

Back