Atheism's big LIE

One does not need to worship any gods in order to live a life that "makes sense".
Correct. And after childhood one does not need parents or even a best friend to live a life that makes sense. Gods, parents, children, friends...they do add blessings and joys to that life that makes sense. The same is true of camping, skiing, photography, gardening, etc. Would you scorn people who take part in these activities? Then why the scorn for those who worship? Serious question.
Where have I ever
scorned" anyone?

Please quote the post.

The true liars are the religious who pretend to believe in God but secretly have reservations

They attend services and say all the right words because they don’t want to admit to family and their community that they really don’t believe all they are being told.
Why do you think doubts and reservations are not discussed among family and friends? Even Bible study groups discuss doubts and reservations and other possibilities on some accounts and issues.

The Christian Way of Life makes sense. This can be lived even if one does have doubts about miracles, about some stories, or even about God.
One does not need to worship any gods in order to live a life that "makes sense".
The act of worship is giving thanks to the gift giver by showing one's appreciation for the talent he was given by using that talent.

So... yeah, one kinda does need to worship God to show God that appreciation to live a life that makes sense.
I disagree.

one can be thankful without worshiping any gods.

My life is not a gift given by some god it is a cosmic accident that could just as easily not have happened. That however in no way means I am not glad to be alive and I certainly don't owe anything to any gods.
Not in the manner I described.

The act of worship is giving thanks to the gift giver by showing one's appreciation for the talent he was given by using that talent.

And the "gift giver" is who exactly?

The true liars are the religious who pretend to believe in God but secretly have reservations

They attend services and say all the right words because they don’t want to admit to family and their community that they really don’t believe all they are being told.
Why do you think doubts and reservations are not discussed among family and friends? Even Bible study groups discuss doubts and reservations and other possibilities on some accounts and issues.

The Christian Way of Life makes sense. This can be lived even if one does have doubts about miracles, about some stories, or even about God.

So... yeah, one kinda does need to worship God to show God that appreciation to live a life that makes sense.
I disagree.

My life is not a gift given by some god it is a cosmic accident that could just as easily not have happened. That however in no way means I am not glad to be alive and I certainly don't owe anything to any gods.

God. He created existence. You are sharing in His existence.

Here presented and refuted are 3 BIG lies that Atheists spread about Christianity.

Here presented and refuted are 3 BIG lies that Atheists spread about Christianity.

Go ahead an summarize in your own words ina couple of sentences. I am not watching a video you never watched.

In general, Atheistic leaders have killed far more CHRISTIANS, then Christians have ever killed anyone in general. This includes all the Crusades, and centuries of the Inquisition, and witch executions. I believe what was done in the name of Christianity was very terrible and sad. However, atheists don't care what they have done to Christians in the past, present or future ---- nor anyone who disagrees with them. Atheists like Sam Harris, Bill Maher, Christopher Harris and Nicolas Humphreys have said very bias and discriminatory remarks against religious people and specifically Christians --- whom they outright say they hate, and want them silenced.

I don't believe they ever said they hate Christians. They hate religion for all the same reasons. Its bullshit.

Go through the posts and count the number of atheists OPs started by atheists ridiculing Christians.

This thread is a classic example. Christians cannot accept atheists have a right to believe nothing. It's some type if guilt thing they don't have mental freedom and not be shackled to some ghost.

People are all free to believe whatever they wish, it just appears that atheists are afforded more platforms to express their opinions from an educational standpoint.

Platforms to express opinions are open to everyone. I suspect you're alluding to some hurt feelings that your religious beliefs are not afforded a platform in the public schools, for example. That is a constitutional matter that has been addressed by the courts. Otherwise, matters of opinion regarding science can be resolved through processes of evidence, data gathering and testing. How are those processes applied to the supernatural?

gVPu2HQT_400x400.jpg

Where have I ever
scorned" anyone?
Perhaps you prefer the synonym dismissive? Do you come into a religion forum to encourage belief?

No offense, intended, Blues Man, and I am sorry for conveying that. The direction I wish to take is, would you go into a gardening forum and talk about how much you don't care for gardening? My grandfather was an atheist, and he was never anything other than supportive of those who believe, and also of my grandmother's garden even though he didn't care for gardening himself.

I am still trying to figure out why people who do not care for religion need to come into a religion forum and talk about this, when people who do not care for other pursuits don't seem to have that same need to find a forum and discuss why they don't like that pursuit.

So you have no duty or obligation to God?
My comment was directed to Blues Man.

My dad had heart issues and strokes. My mom had Alzheimer's. Did you have a duty or obligation to them? Of course not. You were not a part of that specific unit. I was.

As one who seeks and finds God, I become part of that unit and undertake the responsibilities that entails. Blues Man says he is not part of that unit, he cannot find it, doesn't seem to care to find it. However, I am willing to bet that Blues Man sees himself as a part of some unit(s) to which he considers himself duty bound or obliged to assist.

I have an obligation to the school(s) at which I work; no obligation to schools two counties over. When I am on the road and pass by a school, I don't make a point of telling people I have no obligation to that school.

In this thread we see the tired, old defense of fellow sectarians committing immoral acts in the name of the shared religion:

"They are all just doing it wrong!"

Great, go tell them that, then. Why tell us? Have fun, when they point at you and say the same thing, and when you have no good way to tell who is correct, other than secular ideas of morality.

Last edited:
So you have no duty or obligation to God?
My comment was directed to Blues Man.

My dad had heart issues and strokes. My mom had Alzheimer's. Did you have a duty or obligation to them? Of course not. You were not a part of that specific unit. I was.

As one who seeks and finds God, I become part of that unit and undertake the responsibilities that entails. Blues Man says he is not part of that unit, he cannot find it, doesn't seem to care to find it. However, I am willing to bet that Blues Man sees himself as a part of some unit(s) to which he considers himself duty bound or obliged to assist.

I have an obligation to the school(s) at which I work; no obligation to schools two counties over. When I am on the road and pass by a school, I don't make a point of telling people I have no obligation to that school.
I appreciate your analogy. To me the gift giver gives freely with no expectation because of love. The gift receiver - although not obligated by the gift giver - obligates himself for no other reason than he loves the gift giver.

Where have I ever
scorned" anyone?
Perhaps you prefer the synonym dismissive? Do you come into a religion forum to encourage belief?

No offense, intended, Blues Man, and I am sorry for conveying that. The direction I wish to take is, would you go into a gardening forum and talk about how much you don't care for gardening? My grandfather was an atheist, and he was never anything other than supportive of those who believe, and also of my grandmother's garden even though he didn't care for gardening himself.

I am still trying to figure out why people who do not care for religion need to come into a religion forum and talk about this, when people who do not care for other pursuits don't seem to have that same need to find a forum and discuss why they don't like that pursuit.
maybe just try a little harder, your lack of contrition and repentance is showing - again.
1622827071491.png

- and howabout while your at it - rewrite your bible to exclude the forgeries and fallacies you claim are endeared by your christian god falsely to someday find the truth for the true meaning of life. and the inherent religion as it is meant to be.

Where have I ever
scorned" anyone?

maybe just try a little harder, your lack of contrition and repentance is showing - again.
View attachment 497330
- and howabout while your at it - rewrite your bible to exclude the forgeries and fallacies you claim are endeared by your christian god falsely to someday find the truth for the true meaning of life. and the inherent religion as it is meant to be.
Pardon me but you have a log in your eye.

I appreciate your analogy. To me the gift giver gives freely with no expectation because of love. The gift receiver - although not obligated by the gift giver - obligates himself for no other reason than he loves the gift giver.
Indeed, love does factor into the unit. That and purpose. Almost all of us want to be useful.

Where have I ever
scorned" anyone?

View attachment 497330
no, I do not read a book for a spiritual experience that must be your problem when you read the christian bible and want to believe it is a religion while knowing better ... and quite a few unrepentant others. the pastime for those that deny history. bing - the logger head ...

Where have I ever
scorned" anyone?

View attachment 497330
no, I do not read a book for a spiritual experience that must be your problem when you read the christian bible and want to believe it is a religion while knowing better ... and quite a few unrepentant others. the pastime for those that deny history. bing - the logger head ...
Well... I am a Christian. So it does make sense I read the Christian Bible. :rolleyes:

Go ahead an summarize in your own words ina couple of sentences. I am not watching a video you never watched.

In general, Atheistic leaders have killed far more CHRISTIANS, then Christians have ever killed anyone in general. This includes all the Crusades, and centuries of the Inquisition, and witch executions. I believe what was done in the name of Christianity was very terrible and sad. However, atheists don't care what they have done to Christians in the past, present or future ---- nor anyone who disagrees with them. Atheists like Sam Harris, Bill Maher, Christopher Harris and Nicolas Humphreys have said very bias and discriminatory remarks against religious people and specifically Christians --- whom they outright say they hate, and want them silenced.

In general, your attempt to excuse the atrocities of Christiandom with the "but hey, look over there", sidestep fails on many levels. You fail to define any 'atheistic leaders' in your comparison of killings so it's difficult to believe you have any supportable argument.

I disagree.

God. He created existence. You are sharing in His existence.
That's your theory not mine.

Where have I ever
scorned" anyone?

I thought this thread was about atheists.

And why do you care what discussions I participate in?

All I have ever said is I have no need for gods. In fact i am not an atheist at all if anything I'm agnostic but as I have said before i don't think it matters if gods exist or not

Forum List

Back