Atheist answer to the 10 Commandments: 10 rational positions

You didn't get it wrong, you got it right.There is no such thing as a three in one god that became human being.

What I meant is that if you took the three minutes necessary to conclude that God never was and never will become a human being you might have directed your prayers to a being that actually fits the definition of God, the God that actually exists, insuring a reply.

Like I said, if you wanted to call someone and kept dialing the wrong number they couldn't answer even if they wanted to.

If you wanted to meet me in a busy public place and I told you that I would be by the fountain wearing a white rose on my lapel but along the way you ran into someone who told you that I really wear a red rose and a cape and hang out by a statue, you would never find me, speak to me, or hear me speak to you, if you set aside what you already know to be the truth and put your faith in a lie....

But about a decade or two ago I realized all religions were corrupt and lies and I developed a personal relationship with god. I said, "god I don't mean to offend you but those religions are just lies so I'm just going to follow you" and I carried on having a personal relationship with thin air.

Perhaps you can give me the right number?

And I don't like your analogy. You are equating yourself to god. You say, "if I told you to meet me in a place and you'd be wearing a red rose".

Sorry but God never told me he was wearing a red rose. The only reason I may think a god exists is because people made that up. People BELIEVE there must be a creator. That's it. It never visited and there is no proof of its existence. So except for the organized religions lies, there has never been a visit from this god I don't care how much you think you talk to it.

sloppy sloppy sloppy.

check out what you put in quotations supposedly about what I said. Not even close. a false quote if ever there was one.

I suggest you try to read more carefully, try to communicate better with human beings before you try to stand in the presence of God.
Gods everywhere. When am I not standing in the presence of your god?

God is everywhere? lol...who told you that?

In Gehenna, God is nowhere. Isn't that what you are complaining about?
Just a silly concept so many believe. We are still a primitive species

Silly concept? Really? You don't seem to be laughing very much...Don't you believe that you are going through life without God?

We are still a primitive species? Really? How many of you are there? What name do you all go by?

Perhaps if ever you get tired of going through life without a clue as an insignificant member of a self-negating multiplicity and evolve enough to assume individual responsibility, take the subject seriously, make conscious use of life and deliberately apply your will to cleanse your mind from every perversion, maybe then, God will reveal himself to you.

Maybe not. Apparently, at this point, you lack the discipline of humility and commitment to honesty required to evolve above the level of a primitive species..

Not to worry!

Living out the rest of your life in Gehenna without God won't be any worse than your life has always been.

Last edited:
But about a decade or two ago I realized all religions were corrupt and lies and I developed a personal relationship with god. I said, "god I don't mean to offend you but those religions are just lies so I'm just going to follow you" and I carried on having a personal relationship with thin air.

Perhaps you can give me the right number?

And I don't like your analogy. You are equating yourself to god. You say, "if I told you to meet me in a place and you'd be wearing a red rose".

Sorry but God never told me he was wearing a red rose. The only reason I may think a god exists is because people made that up. People BELIEVE there must be a creator. That's it. It never visited and there is no proof of its existence. So except for the organized religions lies, there has never been a visit from this god I don't care how much you think you talk to it.

sloppy sloppy sloppy.

check out what you put in quotations supposedly about what I said. Not even close. a false quote if ever there was one.

I suggest you try to read more carefully, try to communicate better with human beings before you try to stand in the presence of God.

Silly concept? Really? You don't seem to be laughing very much...Don't you believe that you are going through life without God?

We are still a primitive species? Really? How many of you are there? What name do you all go by?

Perhaps if ever you get tired of going through life without a clue as an insignificant member of a self-negating multiplicity and evolve enough to assume individual responsibility, take the subject seriously, make conscious use of life and deliberately apply your will to cleanse your mind from every perversion, maybe then, God will reveal himself to you.

Maybe not. Apparently, at this point, you lack the discipline of humility and commitment to honesty required to evolve above the level of a primitive species..

Not to worry!

Living out the rest of your life in Gehenna without God won't be any worse than your life has always been.

What you typed is laughable. And I have a great life without god. I don't fear death or worry about what happens after. YOU do. Cleanse my mind from every perversion so god will reveal himself to me? OMG! What a hoot!

QhG4I.jpg

sloppy sloppy sloppy.

Not to worry!

What you typed is laughable. And I have a great life without god. I don't fear death or worry about what happens after. YOU do. Cleanse my mind from every perversion so god will reveal himself to me? OMG! What a hoot!

QhG4I.jpg

I'm glad that you are happy living in your current state. It just goes to show that God really isn't such a meanie after all...

Hate to disappoint you though, I have no fear of death or fear of what happens after life in this world.

I have already passed from death to life.

And yeah, cleanse your mind from every perversion that has addled your thought processes and contaminated your perceptions.

After all, you are the guy who openly brags about pretending to be a believer hoping to get laid. Good luck casanova!

lol...

Not to worry!

QhG4I.jpg

I'm glad that you are happy living in your current state. It just goes to show that God really isn't such a meanie after all...

Hate to disappoint you though, I have no fear of death or fear of what happens after life in this world.

And yeah, cleanse your mind from every perversion that has addled your thought processes and contaminated your perceptions.

After all, you are the guy who openly brags about pretending to be a believer hoping to get laid. Good luck casanova!

lol...

Is it really that important to get in a religious argument when you first meet a woman? I know many guys who married women who are more religious than they are. Do they tell their wives they don't believe in god? No. It's not that important really. And if it makes her happy why would I piss off my woman?

I have cleansed my mind. If I cleansed it anymore I'd have a labotomy.

Do you have links to these scientific studies.

I'm sure you'll find them if you research it. I don't play the "cite game" on forums, it's boring and pointless to me. I post a link, you divert the topic to critique the link... yawn. I' rather you just do the research on your own if you're interested and I'll stand by my statements. Thanks
So, you admit that you have a habit of posting links to weighted, and loaded "studies" designed to advance an agenda, and others expose your biased links for what they are.

The Satanic Church has only one Commandment, "Do as thou wilt."

The atheist commandments don't look like they're any better.

There's no commandments against lying, cheating, killing or stealing.
Sooo...the only reason that you don't kill people, cheat, or steal is because you are commanded not to? I'm sorry to hear that. I also find it hard to believe. It has been my experience that people who want to kill, cheat, and steal are going to do so, commands prohibiting such behaviour not withstanding.

Not to worry!

QhG4I.jpg

lol...

Is it really that important to get in a religious argument when you first meet a woman? I know many guys who married women who are more religious than they are. Do they tell their wives they don't believe in god? No. It's not that important really. And if it makes her happy why would I piss off my woman?

wow. You can't find any reason to not be a two faced phony with your "woman" ? lol... alrighty then. You must still be either very young or very stupid. Whatever...

BTW I didn't say empty your mind, although I am very impressed with your efforts.

Maybe after seven more years living like a dumb animal grazing on the grass without enough sense get out of the rain you will look up and see how silly you have been..

Maybe not....

Not to worry!

QhG4I.jpg

lol...

wow. You can't find any reason to not be a two faced phony with your "woman" ? lol... alrighty then. You must still be either very young or very stupid. Whatever...

BTW I didn't say empty your mind, although I am very impressed with your efforts.

Maybe after seven more years living like a dumb animal grazing on the grass without enough sense get out of the rain you will look up and see how silly you have been..

Maybe not....
Probably not. It's hard to uneducate yourself once you've been enlightened.

And lying about believing in god is what men women and children have been doing for thousands of years. Only recently are we allowed. No sense in losing your head over it. And no sense in losing a piece of pussy over it either. It's a silly notion. What do you think I'll go to hell for faking belief in god? I do whenever I go to church and make a sign of the cross when everyone else does. What I got to be the only one? LOL

1. Be open minded and willing to alter your beliefs with new evidence.
  2. Strive to understand what is most likely to be true, not believe what you want to be true.
  3. The scientific method is the most reliable way of understanding the natural world.
  4. Every person has the right to control their own body.
  5. God is not necessary to be a good person, or to live a full and meaningful life.
  6. Be mindful of the consequences of all of your actions and recognise that you must take responsibility for them.
  7. Treat others as you would want them to treat you, and can reasonably expect they want to be treated.
  8. We have the responsibility to consider others, including future generations - which is not to be confused with unborn non-viable fetuses.
  9. There is no right way to live.
  10. Leave the world a better place than you found it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are rational positions by which to live one's life; unlike certain "commandments" of an irrational mythology one might mention.
Thou shalt not murder is not even on the list.

That probably explains why atheists have murdered so many people.

Every person has the right to control their own body.
Murdering them is controlling their body

Sooo...the only reason that you don't kill people, cheat, or steal is because you are commanded not to? I'm sorry to hear that. I also find it hard to believe. It has been my experience that people who want to kill, cheat, and steal are going to do so, commands prohibiting such behaviour not withstanding.

Do as thou wilt leave

With Do as thou wilt leaves ...I guess one could justify anything.

1. Be open minded and willing to alter your beliefs with new evidence.
  2. Strive to understand what is most likely to be true, not believe what you want to be true.
  3. The scientific method is the most reliable way of understanding the natural world.
  4. Every person has the right to control their own body.
  5. God is not necessary to be a good person, or to live a full and meaningful life.
  6. Be mindful of the consequences of all of your actions and recognise that you must take responsibility for them.
  7. Treat others as you would want them to treat you, and can reasonably expect they want to be treated.
  8. We have the responsibility to consider others, including future generations - which is not to be confused with unborn non-viable fetuses.
  9. There is no right way to live.
  10. Leave the world a better place than you found it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are rational positions by which to live one's life; unlike certain "commandments" of an irrational mythology one might mention.
Thou shalt not murder is not even on the list.

That probably explains why atheists have murdered so many people.

My favorite history shows are of the dark ages when your young cult was murdering its way to the top so cut the self richious bullshit.

I'm sure you'll find them if you research it. I don't play the "cite game" on forums, it's boring and pointless to me. I post a link, you divert the topic to critique the link... yawn. I' rather you just do the research on your own if you're interested and I'll stand by my statements. Thanks
So, you admit that you have a habit of posting links to weighted, and loaded "studies" designed to advance an agenda, and others expose your biased links for what they are.

No, I said there are numerous studies and there are. Mostly by reputable research firms who don't have an agenda. But here is a great example of how you have to destroy and discredit science when it doesn't comport with your viewpoint. You only seem to care about science when it seems to support what you have to say, otherwise, you dismiss it and reject it on whatever basis you can conjure up.

another, lost in the woods ... sociopath.

* a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

Do as thou wilt leave

With Do as thou wilt leaves ...I guess one could justify anything.
I have never suggested I suggest to the LaVayan satanic Law. I have always found that law rather open-ended, and self-centred. If we're going to go with that do as thou wilt stuff, I would say that the Wiccan Rede - "An' it harm none, do as thou wilt," is more rational. At least that, while still being overly simplistic, reminds one that their actions have an effect on others.

No, I said there are numerous studies and there are. Mostly by reputable research firms who don't have an agenda. But here is a great example of how you have to destroy and discredit science when it doesn't comport with your viewpoint. You only seem to care about science when it seems to support what you have to say, otherwise, you dismiss it and reject it on whatever basis you can conjure up.
You're absolutely certain in your belief that atheists are more likely to suffer depression than theists? Religious believers more depressed than atheists: study - Your Community

And, before you go hunting up your links, allow me to point out that I do not doubt the existence of your studies. I only point out that, as studies suggesting the contrary exist, the absolute certainty of your belief about the "benefits" of "spirituality" may be not as well founded as you would like to believe.

Last edited:
You're absolutely certain in your belief that atheists are more likely to suffer depression than theists? Religious believers more depressed than atheists: study - Your Community

I didn't make an argument about atheists and theists. See, your problem is, you have a reading comprehension handicap. People write things and you read something different. Then you formulate assumptions based on what you think you read. This leads you to believe all kinds of stupid shit.

As for your link, it even admits that some studies disagree. In any event, the findings from this study are not very conclusive, there's like a 1% differentiation over the course of a year and we don't know how many participants, the article failed to say. They did admit the results varied greatly depending on the region as well as other factors, like age and gender.

The studies I've seen go back to the 1980s and tracked people over the course of several years. As I said, there have been numerous studies.

I didn't make an argument about atheists and theists. See, your problem is, you have a reading comprehension handicap. People write things and you read something different. Then you formulate assumptions based on what you think you read. This leads you to believe all kinds of stupid shit.

As for your link, it even admits that some studies disagree. In any event, the findings from this study are not very conclusive, there's like a 1% differentiation over the course of a year and we don't know how many participants, the article failed to say. They did admit the results varied greatly depending on the region as well as other factors, like age and gender.

The studies I've seen go back to the 1980s and tracked people over the course of several years. As I said, there have been numerous studies.
And there have been numerous studies that contradict those you are citing. That's the point. You made a claim as if it were indisputable, and it isn't.

And there have been numerous studies that contradict those you are citing. That's the point. You made a claim as if it were indisputable, and it isn't.

I haven't cited any, I just said there were numerous studies and there are.

Here's a few examples, since you can't shut up about it... but I"ll warn you, I am not playing your "divert the thread and attack the source" game. You have a problem with the sources, go fuck yourself.

Does Spirituality Make You Happy?

"scientists have found, again and again, that those with a spiritual practice or who follow religious beliefs tend to be happier than those who don’t. Study after study has found that religious people tend to be less depressed and less anxious than nonbelievers, better able to handle the vicissitudes of life than nonbelievers."

Mindfulness meditation may ease anxiety, mental stress - Harvard Health Blog

"But when researchers from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD sifted through nearly 19,000 meditation studies, they found 47 trials that addressed those issues and met their criteria for well-designed studies. Their findings, published in JAMA Internal Medicine, suggest that mindful meditation can help ease psychological stresses like anxiety, depression, and pain."

Religion, Spirituality, and Health: The Research and Clinical Implications

Religious/spiritual beliefs and practices are commonly used by both medical and psychiatric patients to cope with illness and other stressful life changes. A large volume of research shows that people who are more R/S have better mental health and adapt more quickly to health problems compared to those who are less R/S. These possible benefits to mental health and well-being have physiological consequences that impact physical health, affect the risk of disease, and influence response to treatment. In this paper I have reviewed and summarized hundreds of quantitative original data-based research reports examining relationships between R/S and health. These reports have been published in peer-reviewed journals in medicine, nursing, social work, rehabilitation, social sciences, counseling, psychology, psychiatry, public health, demography, economics, and religion. The majority of studies report significant relationships between R/S and better health.

Forum List

Back