Atheist/Scientist Francis Collins Converts to Christ

DriftingSand

Cast Iron Member
Feb 16, 2014
State of Disgust!
Dr. Francis Collins - Physician-Geneticists-Christian

220px-Francis_Collins_official_portrait.jpg

Francis Sellers Collins (born April 14, 1950) is an American physician-geneticist noted for his discoveries of disease genes and his leadership of the Human Genome Project. He is director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland.
Before being appointed director of the NIH, Collins led the Human Genome Project and other genomics research initiatives as director of the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI). Before joining NHGRI, he earned a reputation as a gene hunter at the University of Michigan. He has been elected to the Institute of Medicine and the National Academy of Sciences, and has received the Presidential Medal of Freedom and the National Medal of Science.
Francis Collins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's his interesting story and testimony. Born into a non-religious family and a self-proclaimed atheist he finally realized the it made more sense to believe in God than to deny Him:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml0FqyFYfrU"]Dr Francis Collins interview on CNN - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHUtMEru4pQ]Antony Flew on God and Atheism - YouTube[/ame]

Lee Strobel interviews philosopher and scholar Antony Flew on his conversion from atheism to deism. Much of it has to do with intelligent design.

Our daughter was born into a non-religious family, and is off to college in a few months.

Where she goes from here is more in her own hands than in the hands of what others perceive.

What she finds will be what she accepts.

What she accepts is up to her.

And that... is fine by me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw8uUOPoi2M]Jennifer Fulwiler: Scientific Atheism to Christ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTMuTDIMvXU]An Atheist's Journey to Faith - Holly Ordway, PhD - YouTube[/ame]

I stopped watching at :10 when she announced that she read a blog called "Conversion Diary". I mean why did you post that video? Why didn't you post a link to the blog Conversion Diary"? We're supposed to get this shit second-hand? And the second-hand is handed down?

This woman had no epiphany, she read a blog. Is this what finding Christ has been reduced to? This is cheap meaningless garbage.

What does it mean to have an unadulterated, non-intrusive, totally innocuous, naive epiphany?

Perhaps like that of Juan Diego?

That bitch in the video reads a blog? Give me a fucking break.

What does it mean to have an unadulterated, non-intrusive, totally innocuous, naive epiphany?

I am not even sure what an unadulterated, non-intrusive, totally innocuous, naive epiphany would be. So I have no clue how to answer it?

How can an epiphany be adulterated? or intrusive? or anything else? and epiphany is just an epiphany.

I am not even sure what an unadulterated, non-intrusive, totally innocuous, naive epiphany would be. So I have no clue how to answer it?

How can an epiphany be adulterated? or intrusive? or anything else? and epiphany is just an epiphany.

Like a bolt from the blue. :thup:

I stopped watching at :10 when she announced that she read a blog called "Conversion Diary". I mean why did you post that video? Why didn't you post a link to the blog Conversion Diary"? We're supposed to get this shit second-hand? And the second-hand is handed down?

This woman had no epiphany, she read a blog. Is this what finding Christ has been reduced to? This is cheap meaningless garbage.

If you stopped at :10 then you likely missed some vital information. Most Christians I know didn't just "believe" after reading a blog. In most cases a seed was planted at some point but didn't sprout for a period of time -- sometimes years.

Science has shown atheists have a higher intelligence than people with a strong religious faith. The difference is 5.8 points according to findings in developmental psychology

Only 7 percent of members of the American National Academy of Sciences believed in God. Whilst only 3.3 percent believed in God in the UK’s Royal Society.

Several Gallup poll studies of the general population have shown that those with higher IQ’s tend not to believe in God(s)."

Nobel Prize winners in the "hard" sciences (e.g.; chemistry, physics, biology), the rate is about 95% -- roughly the inverse of their representation among the general populace.

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Like a bolt from the blue. :thup:

My experience tells me that most epiphanies don't come out of nowhere. Often they come when studying something else and making connections previously unknown to oneself.

Science has shown atheists have a higher intelligence than people with a strong religious faith. The difference is 5.8 points according to findings in developmental psychology

Only 7 percent of members of the American National Academy of Sciences believed in God. Whilst only 3.3 percent believed in God in the UK’s Royal Society.

Several Gallup poll studies of the general population have shown that those with higher IQ’s tend not to believe in God(s)."

Nobel Prize winners in the "hard" sciences (e.g.; chemistry, physics, biology), the rate is about 95% -- roughly the inverse of their representation among the general populace.

You realize there is nothing scientific about polling, right?

Educational levels & denomination

Educational levels & denomination - Gene Expression | DiscoverMagazine.com

Really?

Nicholas Copernicus (1473-1543) = "Copernicus was the Polish astronomer who put forward the first mathematically based system of planets going around the sun. Copernicus referred sometimes to God in his works, and did not see his system as in conflict with the Bible."

Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1627) = "Bacon was a philosopher who is known for establishing the scientific method of inquiry based on experimentation and inductive reasoning. "It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man’s mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion; ..."

Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) = "Kepler was a brilliant mathematician and astronomer. Kepler was an extremely sincere and pious Lutheran ..."

Read lots more here: Famous Scientists Who Believed in God

I'm excited to see guno's response. Something like "these Christian scientists were loons" or they "copied their material from a brilliant atheist" or something like that. :lol:

Forum List

Back