Atheists are the moral ones

There are communities that have different definitions of torture and where torture is permitted, and not thought immoral.
So is torture thought immoral in the US?

Thus, to say torture is objectively immoral is categorically false from a purely secular perspective.
Pure puffery. Morality has already been defined as community norms.

You contend it is immoral, another person disagrees on you with what torture is, and some would contend the torture you think is immoral isn't immoral. Thus you one preference of many.
I contend torture is not a community norm in the US, therefore immoral in the US. Do you contend torture is a community norm in the US, therefore moral in the US?
You won't get a straight answer.

There are communities that have different definitions of torture and where torture is permitted, and not thought immoral.

Thus, to say torture is objectively immoral is categorically false from a purely secular perspective.

You contend it is immoral, another person disagrees on you with what torture is, and some would contend the torture you think is immoral isn't immoral. Thus you one preference of many.
I contend torture is not a community norm in the US, therefore immoral in the US. Do you contend torture is a community norm in the US, therefore moral in the US?
You won't get a straight answer.

And you won't ever be honest or have any morals. so you should talk

I contend that absent an objective deity, there exists no objective morality. And you prove my point, by admitting to my prior point, that definitions of torture vary from society to society, and what may be considered immoral among some in the US might not be elsewhere.

Furthermore, I probably have a different definition of torture than you.

So, is torture a community norm in the US?

That must be easy enough to answer, shirley?

Ya, you Atheists can't stand it if a terrorist or thug gets his due, but an unborn baby being cut to pieces doesn't bother you.

Atheist morality =)
There's no such thing as 'unborn'.
Unborn

Also found in:Medical,Legal,Encyclopedia,Wikipedia.
un·born
(ŭn-born′)
adj.
1.Not yet born:an unborn child.
2.Not yet appeared ;future:unborn inventions.
just sayin Synth....
OK, from now on call acorns ungrown trees.
that is essentially what they are.....just going by what Medical science and the legal people say Synth....

Oh yeah, you're real moral, aren't you? Your morality shines through as you're butchering babies.
Babies are being butchered?
I don't know, you tell me.

images
Looks like a fetus to me.
LOL, I like how it is a baby when the child is wanted, but when the child is aborted it is just a fetus. Talk about a perfect example of relativism right there.
It is not a baby until it is born and breathing.
so it is....unborn?.....

So, is torture a community norm in the US?

That must be easy enough to answer, shirley?
No. But many on the Left would disagree, as they contend what the CIA did following 9/11 with enhanced interrogation was torture.

I contend that absent an objective deity, there exists no objective morality.
A grade puffery. 'An objective deity' for gods' sakes.
That isn't an argument. And you conceding that norms vary from community to community proves my point. Absent a universal and eternal arbiter of justice, there is no right or wrong, no good or evil, and all is permitted.

Malarkey. Atheists tend to practice situational ethics, where the ethics are judged on a case-by-case basis.

I am not an atheist, but I have one inviolable ethical rule: if Dick Cheney publically supports it, it is immoral.

Cheney privately supports his daughter Mary's gay marriage, so even Darth Vader has one ethical instance.

Regards from Rosie

Malarkey. Atheists tend to practice situational ethics, where the ethics are judged on a case-by-case basis.

I am not an atheist, but I have one inviolable ethical rule: if Dick Cheney publically supports it, it is immoral.

Cheney privately supports his daughter Mary's gay marriage, so even Darth Vader has one ethical instance.

Regards from Rosie
from case to case, there exist different opinions. So my point still stands.

Oh yeah, you're real moral, aren't you? Your morality shines through as you're butchering babies.

images
LOL, I like how it is a baby when the child is wanted, but when the child is aborted it is just a fetus. Talk about a perfect example of relativism right there.

it breaths in the womb thru the umbilical chord....

Ya, you Atheists can't stand it if a terrorist or thug gets his due, but an unborn baby being cut to pieces doesn't bother you.

Atheist morality =)
There's no such thing as 'unborn'.
Unborn

Also found in:Medical,Legal,Encyclopedia,Wikipedia.
un·born
(ŭn-born′)
adj.
1.Not yet born:an unborn child.
2.Not yet appeared ;future:unborn inventions.
just sayin Synth....
OK, from now on call acorns ungrown trees.

Interesting...put an acorn in the ground and don't destroy it you get a tree.....leave a baby in the womb and don't kill it...you get a human being.....funny how that works...isn't it.....
Yes! If it's immoral and against the law to cut down a tree, is it then immoral and illegal to dig up an acorn?

Funny how that works, isn't it?

what? An acorn is not a human being...

images

it breaths in the womb thru the umbilical chord....
Creaci%C3%B3n_de_Ad%C3%A1m.jpg

Regards from Rosie
from case to case, there exist different opinions. So my point still stands.

Stephen Hawking says God is not necessary for the Universe to exist.

Mathematically, God is redundant.

So, therefore, morality and ethical behavior need exactly ZERO outside arbiters.

Very many adults do not rely on fairy tales, or dusty tomes written by Middle Eastern nomads, in order to practice proper behavior.

Regards from Rosie

hmmm...has Steven hawking died and come back from whatever is on the other side? didn't think so......he doesn't know either...he is a human, and therefore limited....

hmmmm...has hawking been off the planet? Didn't think so.....has he been out of the solar system? Didn't think so....

so really....he doesn't really know all that much in the face of the knowledge of the universe......

Forum List

Back