Atheists are the moral ones

Oh yeah, you're real moral, aren't you? Your morality shines through as you're butchering babies.
Babies are being butchered?
I don't know, you tell me.

images
Looks like a fetus to me.
LOL, I like how it is a baby when the child is wanted, but when the child is aborted it is just a fetus. Talk about a perfect example of relativism right there.

Ya, you Atheists can't stand it if a terrorist or thug gets his due, but an unborn baby being cut to pieces doesn't bother you.

Atheist morality =)
There's no such thing as 'unborn'.
Unborn

Also found in:Medical,Legal,Encyclopedia,Wikipedia.
un·born
(ŭn-born′)
adj.
1.Not yet born:an unborn child.
2.Not yet appeared ;future:unborn inventions.
just sayin Synth....
OK, from now on call acorns ungrown trees.

How does US Code define torture? Torture is immoral because US code prohibits it?
So let me see. You're saying there are various definitions of torture in the US even though you don't know the US Code definition?
Torture is immoral because it is against community norms. Well, except for those communities where it is normal, I guess. Is the US such a place?

Ya, you Atheists can't stand it if a terrorist or thug gets his due, but an unborn baby being cut to pieces doesn't bother you.

Atheist morality =)
Unborn

un·born
(ŭn-born′)
adj.
just sayin Synth....

Interesting...put an acorn in the ground and don't destroy it you get a tree.....leave a baby in the womb and don't kill it...you get a human being.....funny how that works...isn't it.....

Specifically, the torturers' community.

Specifically, the norms of that community.
But some communities allow torture, and definitions vary on what torture is, even in the United States.Thus torture it isn't immoral or moral, just a preference.
Those communities do not prosper.
US code defines torture, I haven't seen variations in its definitions. Perhaps you could point them out.

How does US Code define torture? Torture is immoral because US code prohibits it?
Yes, in it's community - that's what you were asking, right?

Where do wingnuts get the rule that all atheists are automatically pro-abortion?

It is less a rule than a tendency.....I can understand if an atheist does not support abortion since you don't have to object on religious grounds.....it is a human being after all, you just have to not want to kill babies....

So let me see. You're saying there are various definitions of torture in the US even though you don't know the US Code definition?
Torture is immoral because it is against community norms. Well, except for those communities where it is normal, I guess. Is the US such a place?
Yes, I contend, and it is backed up by multiple opinions on this thread, that the definition of torture varies form person to person. That can't be debated. And that is independent of the definition of the US Code, which you have yet to provide.

And yes, you prove my point. There are communities that have different definitions of torture and where torture is permitted, and not thought immoral. Thus, to say torture is objectively immoral is categorically false from a purely secular perspective.

You contend it is immoral, another person disagrees on you with what torture is, and some would contend the torture you think is immoral isn't immoral. Thus you one preference of many.

Oh yeah, you're real moral, aren't you? Your morality shines through as you're butchering babies.

images
LOL, I like how it is a baby when the child is wanted, but when the child is aborted it is just a fetus. Talk about a perfect example of relativism right there.
It is not a baby until it is born and breathing.

images
Maybe according to you, but not to carrying women or to homicide law under which many have been charged with a murder of the mother and the child in the womb.

As the Left says, you are on the WRONG side of this argument.

Atheist morality =)
Unborn

un·born
(ŭn-born′)
adj.
just sayin Synth....

Interesting...put an acorn in the ground and don't destroy it you get a tree.....leave a baby in the womb and don't kill it...you get a human being.....funny how that works...isn't it.....
Yes! If it's immoral and against the law to cut down a tree, is it then immoral and illegal to dig up an acorn?

Funny how that works, isn't it?

images
Maybe according to you, but not to carrying women or to homicide law under which many have been charged with a murder of the mother and the child in the womb.

Which has never been challenged, I don't believe. I believe it's un-Constitutional.

images

that a frikken lie. how do you people stand yourselves? someone murders a pregnant women they are charged with DOUBLE MURDER. You abortion freaks are sickos as well are the atheist

images

Which has never been challenged, I don't believe. I believe it's un-Constitutional.
Double homicide laws are unconstitutional. On what grounds?

There are communities that have different definitions of torture and where torture is permitted, and not thought immoral.
So is torture thought immoral in the US?

Thus, to say torture is objectively immoral is categorically false from a purely secular perspective.
Pure puffery. Morality has already been defined as community norms.

You contend it is immoral, another person disagrees on you with what torture is, and some would contend the torture you think is immoral isn't immoral. Thus you one preference of many.
I contend torture is not a community norm in the US, therefore immoral in the US. Do you contend torture is a community norm in the US, therefore moral in the US?

Forum List

Back