Atheists or Christians—Which Group is More Common Among Those With Fairly High IQ Scores?

It's sad you think you have to justify your belief and "prove" you're as smart as an atheist. The studies cited show that the differences between the two groups are negligible. 3 to 4 points on an IQ test mean squat. IQ tests in general are only indicative of how well a person will perform in school, not how well they will do in life.
Don't listen to morons who think belief equals stupidity. They're the ones that are stupid.

Does it say how many more Christians there are in the world than atheists? It would be interesting to compare the ratios.

PS Atheists are as deluded as theists. Neither one of them has any proof to their claims.

It's sad you think you have to justify your belief and "prove" you're as smart as an atheist. The studies cited show that the differences between the two groups are negligible. 3 to 4 points on an IQ test mean squat. IQ tests in general are only indicative of how well a person will perform in school, not how well they will do in life.
Don't listen to morons who think belief equals stupidity. They're the ones that are stupid.
I don't have to prove anything. I'm not a genius, but I was smart enough to get into the Navy, and do well enough in A school to choose which duty station I wanted. No easy task, BTW. I also have a bit of higher education. I'm simply sick and tired of the atheist fools spreading the narrative that people who believe in God are idiots.

I don't have to prove anything. I'm not a genius, but I was smart enough to get into the Navy, and do well enough in A school to choose which duty station I wanted. No easy task, BTW. I also have a bit of higher education. I'm simply sick and tired of the atheist fools spreading the narrative that people who believe in God are idiots.

How about the fact that both are idiots and both can be smart?

Hmmm?

You can have a really high IQ and lack all commonsense to apply it, so proving your IQ is high is wonderful but do you have the commonsense to apply the smarts you have to your daily life is the bigger question in life, well to me at least!

I don't know who has a higher IQ between Christians and atheists and I doubt IQ is a deciding factor. Based on this thread alone I believe the OP's intellect was stunted at 11. I do not know his views on religion nor do I care.

Did you even read the damn article?
Yes. I did. It says that while atheist, as a group, score slightly higher on average, there are more Christians overall who score high on those tests. Or did I miss something?

From the article:

Even if atheists score 3-4 points higher on IQ tests than Christians, there are so many more Christians in the population that it is much more likely that someone with a 125 IQ score is a Christian than that such a person is an atheist.

It has been almost two years since this article was published and you apparently you still can't or won't understand it. lol

Did you even read the damn article?
Yes. I did. It says that while atheist, as a group, score slightly higher on average, there are more Christians overall who score high on those tests. Or did I miss something?

From the article:

Even if atheists score 3-4 points higher on IQ tests than Christians, there are so many more Christians in the population that it is much more likely that someone with a 125 IQ score is a Christian than that such a person is an atheist.

It has been almost two years since this article was published and you apparently you still can't or won't understand it. lol
I understand it perfectly. Since atheists are a very small percentage of the population, those who score well on an IQ tests are much more likely to be of the majority population of Christians. It's simple math. Perhaps you should schedule a remedial math class?

From your own link...

2. Atheists do score slightly higher than Christians on IQ-derived vocabulary tests (the equivalent of about 2.9 IQ points in the 2006-2012 General Social Surveys) and on IQ-derived analogy tests (the equivalent of about 3.8 IQ points in the 1996 General Social Survey). But social psychologists ignore differences that are as large or larger perhaps because they do not fit their political narratives.

Sucks being you

[
I don't have to prove anything. I'm not a genius, but I was smart enough to get into the Navy,

Sometimes you just can't resist the urge...

You must be a Jar Head. Semper fi, B*TCH!:)

When I joined the Navy I had injured my leg a week before my physical, and after getting the physical done a few Marine Recruiters saw I was limping and were barking, and one utter " First to Serve, First to Die " and I utter back " And I will be the first one back to fuck your wives "...

You can imagine the wonderful exchange of words after that...

You know when a Sailor was at port because the bars would hide the Filipino hookers and the Thai Lady-boys would even run for cover...

Forum List

Back