Athiests Lie, The Bible Tells the Truth

I'm right and you're wrong. There's no "Heavenly Father" nor "eternal life" and you've wasted your entire life believing in and annoying others with your fairy tale nonsense, and possibly doing much worse to others, confident that all (your "sins") would be forgiven in the end due your religious belief. Oh well. Sucks to be you. Human stupidity indeed.
A life pursuing the ideals and striving to love one another in lieu of sin is wasted?
Beyond infantile and illogical (insisting that you not only possess all the cake but get to eat it all too), mischaracterizing the things you pretend to address is a form of deceit. Lying. "Sin"? Your claim, your problem. Not mine until you provide scientific evidence supporting such nonsense. Still, if you can't help "sinning" right here, in the midst of "striving to love one another in lieu of sin", you have no room to talk. No idea how you go about making love oppose "sin", but striving to be morally and legally "good" has always seemed sufficient for me. The "wasted" part of "your entire life" mentioned was intended to be analogous to the time wasted by a cat chasing its tail. There may be positive aspects, such as getting needed exercise, but overall and varying by individual, it's a highly silly waste of time.
Largely due to my beliefs I have had (for the most part) a joyous life, and a peaceful one.
What scientific evidence can you produce to support any of it being "Largely due to my beliefs"?
God or no God, striving for ideals in any situation one finds oneself makes for a life worth living, not a wasted one.
Not if those ideals suck. And there's much more to life.

Beyond infantile and illogical....

.... Not if those ideals suck. And there's much more to life.

The ideal is the mark for which a person aims. Sin is simply missing that mark. Jesus taught that his yoke is easy, the burden light. And, it is. It is sin that is burdensome. The ideal keeps one focused and optimistic.

What more is there to life than learning to love one's fellow man, the people we journey with during this life?

Last edited:
Can't have more than one? Says who?

First I've heard that definition. Sure you're not just making it up as you go along?

One could learn many other things as well.. for starters.

1. The ideal is for every act, every spoken word. The ideal is before us for everything at all times.
2. "Missing the mark" is well known. Come on, even Wikipedia notes it: "The English Biblical terms translated as "sin" or "syn" from the Biblical Greek and Jewish terms sometimes originate from words in the latter languages denoting the act or state of missing the mark...
3. Name what else you would like people to learn that does not involve, in some way, loving one's fellow man.

1. The ideal is for every act, every spoken word. The ideal is before us for everything at all times.
If so, then what of these "ideals" you specified previously? How does one know they've "missed the mark" if they only apply ideals to contexts in the future?
2. "Missing the mark" is well known. Come on, even Wikipedia notes it: "The English Biblical terms translated as "sin" or "syn" from the Biblical Greek and Jewish terms sometimes originate from words in the latter languages denoting the act or state of missing the mark...
Emphasis on "sometimes" then. Not "simply missing that mark"! It's "sometimes" interpreted to mean something like that.
3. Name what else you would like people to learn that does not involve, in some way, loving one's fellow man.
If you're going to start demanding stuff, you first. Provide scientific evidence backing any of your assertions thus far..
:popcorn:

Actually, Goliath may have been short for his race.

You had no clue to what I just said, do you, Mr Theolgian?

Uh, no, dummy, the Bible said he was a giant.

Keep in mind that in ancient times the length of a cubit varied widely. It was usually the measurement taken from the length of elbow to the end of the middle finger. It was not always the standard twenty-one inches.

Yes, the apologists always have ridiculous excuses for the silliness in the bible.

If you're going to start demanding stuff, you first. Provide scientific evidence backing any of your assertions thus far..
What assertions do you feel I have made?
Wanna play dumb now? Okay, since what Joe just quoted you asserting what appears to be your first post in this topic, let's start there. No doubt - even Joe would at least suspect - the length of a cubit to vary through history. But "widely"? Ostensibly you entered this topic simply to inject ("assert") that adverb. Why? Want to love your fellow man? Scientifically explain how adding "widely" to "varied" helps him or her in this instance? What is your purpose here? Why do you patronizingly presume Joe thinks a cubit is 21 inches in length? What provoked you to claim ("assert") "twenty-one inches" to be "the standard" in the first place? What difference does the actual historical variance in the length of a cubic actually make to the point you thought Joe was trying to make? In other words, why should he pay the slightest bit of attention to your assertions of what he should keep in mind?

Last edited:
What assertions do you feel I have made?
Wanna play dumb now? Okay, since what Joe just quoted you asserting appears to be your first post in this topic, let's start there. No doubt - even Joe would at least suspect - the length of a cubit to vary through history. But "widely"? Ostensibly you entered this topic simply to inject ("assert") that adverb. Why? Want to love your fellow man? Scientifically explain how adding "widely" to "varied" helps him or her in this instance? What is your purpose here? Why do you patronizingly presume Joe thinks a cubit is 21 inches in length? What provoked you to claim ("assert") "twenty-one inches" to be "the standard" in the first place? What difference does the actual historical variance in the length of a cubic actually make to the point you thought Joe was trying to make? In other words, why should he pay the slightest bit of attention to your assertion that he should keep it in mind?
It goes to degree. Widely is varied but varied is not necessarily widely. I fail to see how precision relates to loving your fellow man.

There's no way to know for sure.
Sure there is, apply your brain and you can review the many contradictions. It's fairly simple.
Which contradictions would that be?
I already gave you one that you failed to rebut, though you tried.
Here is another:
Ge 22:1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.

2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

Jas 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Sure there is, apply your brain and you can review the many contradictions. It's fairly simple.
Here is another:
Ge 22:1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.

2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

Jas 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
You aren’t GT.

Here is another:

You aren’t GT.
I'll take a pass on your inquiry

Here is another:

You aren’t GT.
You chose wisely.

Here is another:

You aren’t GT.
Thank you for admitting you can't rebut this contradiction either.

Here is another:

You aren’t GT.
You chose wisely.
As usual

Here is another:

You aren’t GT.
You chose wisely.
As usual
Only time will tell.

Here is another:

You aren’t GT.
I couldn’t be happier for you to see it that way. It seems important to you.

Here is another:

You aren’t GT.
I couldn’t be happier for you to see it that way. It seems important to you.
Lying suits you. Praise God!

Forum List

Back