Atlanta Nurses all fired over video

Seems way to extreme to ruin peoples career

I find it to be very unprofessional.
Perhaps they shouldnt take on a job where thats expected.
And a hospital is no different than any other business,expectant mothers may well decide to go elsewhere for the birth of their child which of course is bad for business.

I find it to be very unprofessional.
Perhaps they shouldnt take on a job where thats expected.
And a hospital is no different than any other business,expectant mothers may well decide to go elsewhere for the birth of their child which of course is bad for business.
Will they get hired at a new place

I don't think so in this case.

Consider the legal liability of the hospital to keep people on staff so publicly repulsed and ambivalent of the responsibility of caring for people in times of life and death to make a video on the internet in this manner sharing the mocking and disgust of it and their solemn job to the rest of the world?

Besides, would you want any of these people caring for you while YOU were in the hospital?

I don't think so in this case.

Consider the legal liability of the hospital to keep people on staff so publicly repulsed and ambivalent of the responsibility of caring for people in times of life and death to make a video on the internet in this manner sharing the mocking and disgust of it and their solemn job to the rest of the world?

Besides, would you want any of these people caring for you while YOU were in the hospital?
Yes ..do you think this will effect them getting hired at other places

To me, a suspension would've been sufficient enough and if the nurses had not liked getting hit with such a punishment, what would've stopped them from getting back out there on the job hunt?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I agree with you--if the nurses had been talking privately and someone overheard.

Working with people is demanding. Sometimes venting with a coworker is just the ticket, but being able to pinpoint your own irritation and how outsized it is to the situation is ALWAYS critical.

The 'ick' I find most difficult to accept in the video is a mom who JUST delivered a baby asking how much the baby weighs. Okay, the mom just said something stupid. Then again, she's just been through LABOR. The nurse should answer that question patiently ten million times without a second thought.

But they went so far as to record themselves talking about "ick" things and then POST it. Nope, no. Not sure they deserve to be fired but some kind of discipline seems in order.

That's seems like a bit of an overreaction. They didn't name any of the patients. I'm sure they'll be okay though, there's a nursing shortage.
there are a number of hospitals in the ATL, maybe Emory wants patients and their families, to feel the staff there cares about their care and needs and isn’t mocking them when they are in the midst of a life changing event like child birth?

there are a number of hospitals in the ATL, maybe Emory wants patients and their families, to feel the staff there cares about their care and needs and isn’t mocking them when they are in the midst of a life changing event like child birth?
Just seemed like workers blowing off some steam and again they didn't name anyone. Nurses are people too. The problem isn't that they feel these things, we all do in our work lives. We all have tasks, co-workers or customers who annoy us and we all gripe about it to someone. The problem is they put it in social media. I understand why the hospital fired them and I don't feel too bad for them but also what they got fired for was the most human thing there is, bitching and complaining.

An Atlanta maternity ward?.....Gawd, I can only imagine. :laughing0301:
maternity_ward.jpg

Just seemed like workers blowing off some steam and again they didn't name anyone. Nurses are people too. The problem isn't that they feel these things, we all do in our work lives. We all have tasks, co-workers or customers who annoy us and we all gripe about it to someone. The problem is they put it in social media. I understand why the hospital fired them and I don't feel too bad for them but also what they got fired for was the most human thing there is, bitching and complaining.
All of those Non-Progs who let off some steam and were fired or hurt their work for mundane statements all people make are waiting for their karma against Progs.

All of those Non-Progs who let off some steam and were fired or hurt their work for mundane statements all people make are waiting for their karma against Progs.
😄

How do you know these nurses are progs? You LARPers are going to make enemies of everyone because you see boogiemen around every corner and inside every bush.

workers blowing off steam, is fine...unless it reflects bad on the company.

workers blowing off steam, is fine...unless it reflects bad on the company.
That I understand fine. As I said, I get why they were fired I just don't think it's that big a deal or that they will be unable to work again.

That I understand fine. As I said, I get why they were fired I just don't think it's that big a deal or that they will be unable to work again.
Oh I am sure they will be able to fine work. I am not at doctor, or head of a hospital....but I can image how they might not want employees who are mocking their patients.

Forum List

Back