Atlanta school: No more Pledge of Allegiance to start day

No. It is expressing love for your country level patriotism.

Actually read the first half-dozen words. It's fetishism, plain and simple and right to the point.

Even the Abrahamic religions that can't legally be dictated, themselves countenance against graven images, a/k/a idolatry.

Your deconstructionist logic breaks on the rocks of anti-Americanism . . . fetishization of what you insist to be a fetish. While you posture recursively in search of interpretations to support your opinion as a valid position, the heart of patriotism remains in the Right place. One must wonder why our Flag, Anthem and Pledge trouble you so. Almost like spritzing red, white and blue Holy Water in Vlad's face.

So many thesaurses, so little point....

If you're actually unable to discern what my views on "Flag, Anthem and Pledge" are after all these posts, please order the pamphlet "How to Read" from the US Gummint Printing Office. I'm not about to cut and paste them all again just because you couldn't be bothered the first time.

Here's an idea Skippy --- instead of gainsaying with überlocution why don't you either (a) make a rational counterargument or (b) concede that you don't have one? Would save us all time.

Just enjoying the show. Watching another one of your attempts to run into the ground any expressed position you find disagreeable or personally offensive, Skippy. Symbols of American freedom and sacrifice trouble you deeply. That is my only takeaway from our exchange.

Okie dokey. So you have no counterargument other than mendacious morphing of my stance against robotism into "anti-Americanism".

Typical robot; Appeal to Emotion. That's how Mob Mentality always starts, isn't it.

Thanks for the demo. Your check is in the mail.

"Patriotism must be taught". What a great punchline. :spinner:

First up, you really ought to release Leia--she's gonna use that chain against you and it will be all Sarlacc Pit from there on out, for you.

Second thing is, you're trying (failing) to intellectualize patriotism. Either you have it or you don't. Either you express it or not. In your case, you revel in condemning patriotism the moment other posters express it; almost as if it must be stamped out quick time . . . or emergency.

Third, your lack of imagination in dirt diving my position is unexpected yet tasty. Your entire methodology hinges on dismissal of opposing position in demonstrating the ignorance or opinion based psychological defect of the one lately deepest beneath your skin. You should see a man named Adorno about that. The technique is a tired one. Time for you to hit the dusty trail and bid yourself a good night.

Actually read the first half-dozen words. It's fetishism, plain and simple and right to the point.

Even the Abrahamic religions that can't legally be dictated, themselves countenance against graven images, a/k/a idolatry.

Your deconstructionist logic breaks on the rocks of anti-Americanism . . . fetishization of what you insist to be a fetish. While you posture recursively in search of interpretations to support your opinion as a valid position, the heart of patriotism remains in the Right place. One must wonder why our Flag, Anthem and Pledge trouble you so. Almost like spritzing red, white and blue Holy Water in Vlad's face.

If you're actually unable to discern what my views on "Flag, Anthem and Pledge" are after all these posts, please order the pamphlet "How to Read" from the US Gummint Printing Office. I'm not about to cut and paste them all again just because you couldn't be bothered the first time.

Here's an idea Skippy --- instead of gainsaying with überlocution why don't you either (a) make a rational counterargument or (b) concede that you don't have one? Would save us all time.

Just enjoying the show. Watching another one of your attempts to run into the ground any expressed position you find disagreeable or personally offensive, Skippy. Symbols of American freedom and sacrifice trouble you deeply. That is my only takeaway from our exchange.

Okie dokey. So you have no counterargument other than mendacious morphing of my stance against robotism into "anti-Americanism".

Typical robot; Appeal to Emotion. That's how Mob Mentality always starts, isn't it.

First up, you really ought to release Leia--she's gonna use that chain against you and it will be all Sarlacc Pit from there on out, for you.

References to unknown characters from unknown subcultures. Probably something to do with TV. Dismissed as puerility-noise.

Second thing is, you're trying (failing) to intellectualize patriotism. Either you have it or you don't. Either you express it or not. In your case, you revel in condemning patriotism the moment other posters express it; almost as if it must be stamped out quick time . . . or emergency.

Again with the mendacious morphism. I've not 'condemned' patriotism at all; on the contrary I've defended its character, specifically against those who would make a charade out of it, and explained why.

But do be my jest and quote where I inserted this 'condemnation' and prove me wrong.

It's always instructive when some wag can't deal with the point expressed and has to change it into something more comfortable.

Isn't it.

Third, your lack of imagination in dirt diving my position is unexpected yet tasty. Your entire methodology hinges on dismissal of opposing position in demonstrating the ignorance or opinion based psychological defect of the one lately deepest beneath your skin. You should see a man named Adorno about that. The technique is a tired one. Time for you to hit the dusty trail and bid yourself a good night.

Yet another unknown character of unknown subculture. I believe you're referring to a deodorant but that's equally silly as as such also dismissed. As far as "points" you have yet to make any. They're all over here.

References to unknown characters from unknown subcultures. Probably something to do with TV. Dismissed as puerility-noise.

Again with the mendacious morphism. I've not 'condemned' patriotism at all; on the contrary I've defended its character, specifically against those who would make a charade out of it, and explained why.

But do be my jest and quote where I inserted this 'condemnation' and prove me wrong.

It's always instructive when some wag can't deal with the point expressed and has to change it into something more comfortable.

Isn't it.

Yet another unknown character of unknown subculture. I believe you're referring to a deodorant but that's equally silly as as such also dismissed. As far as "points" you have yet to make any. They're all over here.

You simply cannot stand it when your favored method is turned against you. Pretty soon you will have dismissed yourself along with every other position you've come up against-- which you cannot.

I am personally getting sick of all this I hate America bullshit!
Absolutely. Got to get the propaganda in early.

iu
Perhaps you should look up the definition of propaganda, idiot.

I agree that public schools feed a lot of propaganda to kids, but the pledge of allegiance isn't an example of it.

Isn't it.

You simply cannot stand it when your favored method is turned against you. Pretty soon you will have dismissed yourself along with every other position you've come up against-- which you cannot.

You going for some kind of record for consecutive posts making no point or what?

Pointlessly reciting anything serves no purpose.

Oh, there certainly is a purpose! If you want brainwashed patriots you gotta get started when they're young.

That's exactly why military drafts target teenagers. Old enough to handle armaments, not old enough to know better.

They start targeting people years before they can even enlist too. A recruiter convinced me to take the ASVAB when I was 16 and they didn't stop bugging me for 2 solid years until I decided to join. I thought I was being brave, heroic. I was a child with a rifle.

How appropriate! You are still shooting blanks!

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel - Samuel Johnson.

Teaching children to recite the Pledge of Allegiance isn’t teaching children to be patriots, any more than teaching them to recite the Lord’s Prayer isn’t teaching them to be Christians.

Patriotism isn’t in your words, it’s in your actions. Just like Christianity.

Trump says he loves America, but he wants to deport people who aren’t white or Christian. That’s in direct opposition to the values America stands for.

Trump says he’s going to Make America Great which of course means that he thinks America isn’t great. What kind of patriot thinks their country isn’t great?

Teaching children to recite the Pledge of Allegiance isn’t teaching children to be patriots, any more than teaching them to recite the Lord’s Prayer isn’t teaching them to be Christians.

Trump says he loves America, but he wants to deport people who aren’t white or Christian. That’s in direct opposition to the values America stands for.

Trump says he’s going to Make America Great which of course means that he thinks America isn’t great. What kind of patriot thinks their country isn’t great?

“A grateful mind by owing owes not, but still pays, at once indebted and discharged; what burden then?”
~John Milton

What a misrepresentation of the meanings of being American and patriotic. Your attempt at redefining founding American values and Christian tradition can only be driven by your hatred for President Trump. Otherwise, you're either a confused acolyte of Leftist ideology or a bad actor seeking to mislead the ignorant--for what purpose I can only guess at.

Fear mongering suits neither mutually beneficial nor reasonable discourse or dialogue. President Trump wants to do nothing of the kind. My mother-in-law to be, Guyanese East Indian and American citizen now for over 40 years, feels quite comfortable in her personal security under our current administration, as does her entire extended immigrant family, and believe me there are lots of them here. Try remembering over 50 names to faces you've just seen for the first time.

You seem to have bought yourself or talked yourself into parroting Left leaning MSM mouthpieces.

Again I must question your maturity and the clarity of your thinking in the face of Trump hatred. A patriot loves his or her nation regardless of leadership or position held amid the political infighting of the day. Myself, I have served our nation under five sitting presidents. While I Have not agreed across the board with all or even very many of their policy platforms, administration agendas, personalities or personal histories--I always respected the office, always remained loyal to my oath and country.

America has fallen both culturally and ideologically--very steeply--over the last few decades in particular. American morality in the context of politics and pop culture and higher education is shot. The radical Left has led our great nation down into a very dark amoral abyss; we desperately need leadership that can guide us back out into the light.

Working toward that end seems highly patriotic to me.

It should be optional anyway. The school I went to made it optional. They didn’t make you take the pledge of allegiance.

It should be optional anyway. The school I went to made it optional. They didn’t make you take the pledge of allegiance.
I told the school that my kids went to that they wouldnt be doing any of that and if someone tried to force them they were going to have to deal with me.

Good for them. Being pressured into reciting your loyalty every morning is cult level shit.

Students at an Atlanta school will no longer say the Pledge of Allegiance to start their school day.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School on Tuesday announced the change in a news release.

Yes, it's symbolic nonsense.

The right will cry foul, but they're also the ones who push for everyone to be American, while also pushing for divisions within society. I don't get it.

Well, I just heard that on the news that Atlanta received so much backlash that they will be retuning to saying the pledge next week! Seems there are a lot of proud Americans left! There is so much to be proud of, I know we can stand to improve in some areas but nothing wrong with standing tall with your chin up!

Good for them. Being pressured into reciting your loyalty every morning is cult level shit.

Students at an Atlanta school will no longer say the Pledge of Allegiance to start their school day.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School on Tuesday announced the change in a news release.

Yes, it's symbolic nonsense.

The right will cry foul, but they're also the ones who push for everyone to be American, while also pushing for divisions within society. I don't get it.
They have their version of what it means to be an American, a really addled one, and want to abuse our universal symbols of being an American to force adherence to their disgusting agenda and give the impression that we support it. I will not take part in anything regarding patriotism or the Christian religion until a hard line is drawn that separates trumpism, right-wing politics, and this prostituted version of the Christian faith is drawn.

As a kid, I stood up, alone in the living room, as our flag was planted on the Moon, out of respect and pride. I will not take part in anything further until our national symbols are deloused. Let a male and female, light-skinned and dark-skinned and people wearing turbans troup the colors, and I will stand up and salute.

6 year old Johnny that can barely locate his own dick should be denied an education because his parents don't want him participating in cult behavior? Hmm, how about, no? Piss off.

Why are you talking about a 6 year olds dick? You fucking liberals are sick motherfuckers.

A con artist selling something.

Well, I just heard that on the news that Atlanta received so much backlash that they will be retuning to saying the pledge next week! Seems there are a lot of proud Americans left! There is so much to be proud of, I know we can stand to improve in some areas but nothing wrong with standing tall with your chin up!

Seems there are a lot of cowed Americans left! There is so much to be cowed by, I know we can stand to improve in some areas but nothing wrong with assuming the position with your ass up!

Fixed it for ya.

The basic divide on this matter seems to be between those who think for themselves and those who just want some authority figure to push them around. Which seems kinda sick.

You are wrong asshole! There is nothing cult like about it! Cult is just the newest of your libtarded buzzwords.
Oh, we've been "brainwashed" alright, but in a pretty innocent sense. What is the harm in pledging loyalty to your country and the positive ideals for which is stands?
Sure, I'm part of a generation that was fed that propaganda since Kindergarten, heard the Anthem at the opening of every sports game, etc. When I hear those opening strains, I still get a little bit of a shiver.
But I grew up and learned to step back and look at the bigger picture and see the flaws, not just the good, in our system and how it is operating. That is not a bad thing. That is just a grown up view of things.
So I don't see the problem with reciting the Pledge or performing the Anthem, but it appears the generations that do that unquestioningly are dying out. It is not worth fighting over. That only makes it more of an "issue" to "free" oneself from.
I am sick of the gimme people with their hands out disrespecting the people and the gov. That provide that money and their freedom to be assholes.

6 year old Johnny, that who can barely locate his own dick, should be denied an education because his parents don't want him participating in cult behavior?
Pedagogic Pedophilia

Your kind of education should be denied to everybody.

I was actually mimicking a joke made by the great George Carlin, but hey, whatever.
Parrots Are Birdbrains

All your posts mimic celebrities you abjectly look up to

Seems there are a lot of cowed Americans left! There is so much to be cowed by, I know we can stand to improve in some areas but nothing wrong with assuming the position with your ass up!

Fixed it for ya.

The basic divide on this matter seems to be between those who think for themselves and those who just want some authority figure to push them around. Which seems kinda sick.
It’s an asshole who will plaegerize and change another person’s post!

Forum List

Back