Attack of the Jeb!

Jeb is like an immortal cockroach.

You can step on it, swat it, spray it with Raid and he keeps crawling back with vigor. How do you get rid of such a pest??

Is Jeb! even still a factor?

He may be, if the GOP establishment takes Trump out:

GOP Operative Plans ‘Guerrilla Campaign’ Against Donald Trump

I have no doubt that the Establishment wants to take out trump, but i think they've moved on to Rubio as their backup plan because Bush has been generally so awful.

It is suggested in the article that Bush donors have moved 20 million dollars to attack Rubio exclusively. Considering that Rubio was a politician that Jeb mentored and the likelihood that Rubio is just preparing for a future run, I find this a bit petty, IMHO.

It is suggested in the article that Bush donors have moved 20 million dollars to attack Rubio exclusively. Considering that Rubio was a politician that Jeb mentored and the likelihood that Rubio is just preparing for a future run, I find this a bit petty, IMHO.

I don't disagree.

But right now, Jeb is averaging about 5.4% in the RCP Average. I just don't think he comes back from that.

Hey, we found a Bush who fucked up everything BEFORE he got into office. What a refreshing change.

He can't run from his name.

Jeb cannot run from his brothers legacy much like Obama can't run from a much similar legacy.

No wonder these guys need around the clock protection when they leave office.

He can't run from his name.

Jeb cannot run from his brothers legacy much like Obama can't run from a much similar legacy.

No wonder these guys need around the clock protection when they leave office.

Actually, Jeb!'s name was the only thing keeping him viable. Otherwise, he'd be down with Pataki and Gilmore in the 'Ex-governors no one cares about" tier that doesn't even get invited to undercard debates.

Now, yes, even Republicans understand on some level that Bush mucked up everything so badly that running him again would be a sure-fire disaster.

What they don't get is that putting the same Help the Rich and Screw the Poor garbage in a shiny new package won't help them win the next election any more than it helped them win the last two.

He can't run from his name. Jeb cannot run from his brothers legacy much like Obama can't run from a much similar legacy.
Well Obama isn't running. If you want to make it relevant, talk Hillary. She can run towards her name in a way that Jeb never could. People remember the 90s fondly and it serves to remind them how dumb the Republicans can be, what with government shut downs and a failed impeachment conviction.

Jeb, the only republican than can win even if no one votes for him. Or, were you counting on democrats to put him over the top.

Jeb, the only republican than can win even if no one votes for him. Or, were you counting on democrats to put him over the top.
True Republicans will vote for Jeb. The pretenders out on the far right can pound their puds. No one cares.

Only democrats would vote for Jebbie. And only mexican democrats at that. Jebbie never got out of the tortilla factory. That's why he failed.

Forum List

Back