Attempted Military Coup in Turkey

It was all male Islamists out on the street. Tonight was a step back for Turkey. Does the west really believe in its alleged values? Hell no! Obama, Merkel, Erdrogan will be having a threesome at their first opportunity.

• Obama and Kerry: All Should Support Erdogan's Government
    PJ Media ^ | July 15, 2016 | Bridget Johnson
    WASHINGTON -- A member of the Senate Intelligence Committee told CNN that the coup attempt in Turkey "came out of the blue" as the White House said the Islamist ruler of the country should be supported. "This is a real surprise to all of us," Sen. Jim Risch (R-Idaho) said as protesters began facing off with the Turkish military after they seized city centers and key points such as Ataturk airport in Istanbul. "An explosion like this was really unexpected." The Turkish Armed Forces issued a statement saying they have "completely taken over the administration of the country to...
Obama-and-Erdogan-at-Cannes.jpg

Which tactic do you prefer, beheading or suicide bombings?

The sunni in the White House and the sunni in Turkey...

scum both

that's the truth

Turkey may be a strict Islamic nation by the end of the day.
No, its actually the opposite. The military wants to keep it a secular government, while Egroden (hardcore islamist) wanted to alter their constitution to give himself far more power than the position was ever meant to give. This coup looks like a good thing, for now.

I tend to go against what the globalist government here says or wants
And how far have you been gone from your government? You still live in the USA and you even have removed Trump's sticker form your car today because you don't like Mike Pence.

Go and live there then....if you like it so much!
Just because I admire Erdogan doesn't mean I want to live in Turkey.

Heck, I greatly admire Putin, but I'd never live in Russia.....way too cold. ....... :cool:
And Borscht tastes awful, could drive a man to Vodka. :puke3:
Borscht is actually a Ukrainian dish and it tastes great. I cook it from my very childhood.

Sunni Man, I don't always agree with you, but thank you for admiring Putin. I do too, however I'm not a Russian citizen, just love Russia.

And guess what: they would tell me to go and live in Russia too (sorry, Skye). They don't understand: we can't always do what we want. But I would love to.. May be some day...
To each his own. I've noticed that in America just about every ethnic food is available and popular except borscht. That's because Americans have taste buds. :wink:

Seems rather unclear who is in charge at the moment.

Turkey's constitution should prevail.

None of this would have happened if that radical piece of shit, Erdogan, had an ounce of respect for Turkey's constitution. I think it's clear that he intended to replace all their laws and constitution with sharia law and dictatorship. According to their constitution, the military should overthrow anyone who does what this butthead leader did. I just wish the majority of people there supported this. Of course, there are always the sheep who support whatever the dear leader tells them to support.

Erdogan supported and funded terrorists. He likes anyone who will go along with his nefarious plans. Typical of evil dictators. Muslims who gain power anywhere tend to think they can start changing all the laws to sharia. That is the only reason many even migrate anywhere.

He needed to be overthrown and I don't know what took them so long. I am rooting for those who are truly standing up against the strict and evil sharia and all dictators.

I tend to go against what the globalist government here says or wants
And how far have you been gone from your government? You still live in the USA and you even have removed Trump's sticker form your car today because you don't like Mike Pence.
What you mean how far from the government? I WAS supporting a candidate that was going to upset the apple cart if I had my way the government would collapse

Wow, it seems Turkey has a history of banning religious parties. Very interesting to see where this path leads from here...

All previous Islamist parties in Turkey had been shut down by either military intervention or rulings by the constitutional court: The National Order Party, founded in 1970, was banned by the Constitutional Court in 1971. The National Salvation Party, founded in 1972, was outlawed after the 1980 military coup. The Welfare Party, founded in 1983, was banned by the Constitutional Court in 1998. The Virtue Party, founded in 1997, was banned in 2001.

Turkey is notable because its Islamist parties have reemerged, more moderate and pragmatic, after each closure. “Autocratic regimes in the Muslim world often ban religious parties, which then go underground and turn violent. Turkey’s Islamists have taken a different path. Despite being repeatedly outlawed and ejected from power, pious politicians have shunned violence, embraced democracy, and moved into the mainstream,” The Economist noted in 2008. “No Islamic party has been as moderate and pro-Western as the AKP, which catapulted into government in 2002 promising to lead Turkey into the European Union.”

Erdoğan, who founded the party, actually rejects defining the AKP in religious terms. “We are not an Islamic party, and we also refuse labels such as Muslim-democrat,” he said in 2005. The AKP leader instead calls the party’s agenda “conservative democracy.”

Islamist Politics in Turkey: The New Model?

The only way a Muslim country can be remotely peaceful is if it's ruled by an iron secular fist. If you let Muslims vote, they'll always end up voting in more and more extremists.
That's absolutely false. They voted for Tanser Ciller (a woman!) in 1990(?), Yilmaz, Gul, Demirel, Ecovit, Ozal, and others since the last coup in 1980. None of them tried to turn the country into an Islamist regime until Erdogan.

Thanks for proving my point. They will always eventually pick an Islamist regime approved by their Imam.

No worries, Erdogan has the Muslim constitution ready to replace the already watered down Ataturk based secular constitution. The uneducated, ignorant country Turks have won. They will have a an Islamic Turkish Republic. I was hoping that the military would string that Islamist piece of shit up, but I guess there are too many Islamists in Turkey. But, Turkey should be thrown out of NATO. Instead of trying to promote regime change in Syria to overthrow the secular Syrian government, the West should overthrow the Turkish Islamist government.

No worries, Erdogan has the Muslim constitution ready to replace the already watered down Ataturk based secular constitution. The uneducated, ignorant country Turks have won. They will have a an Islamic Turkish Republic. I was hoping that the military would string that Islamist piece of shit up, but I guess there are too many Islamists in Turkey. But, Turkey should be thrown out of NATO. Instead of trying to promote regime change in Syria to overthrow the secular Syrian government, the West should overthrow the Turkish Islamist government.
That's a proposal thick with historical irony. If the Catholic Church had come to the aid of their sister Church in Constantinople 6 centuries ago, it would have never fallen to the Muslims to begin with. Choices have lasting consequences.

Wow, it seems Turkey has a history of banning religious parties. Very interesting to see where this path leads from here...

All previous Islamist parties in Turkey had been shut down by either military intervention or rulings by the constitutional court: The National Order Party, founded in 1970, was banned by the Constitutional Court in 1971. The National Salvation Party, founded in 1972, was outlawed after the 1980 military coup. The Welfare Party, founded in 1983, was banned by the Constitutional Court in 1998. The Virtue Party, founded in 1997, was banned in 2001.

Turkey is notable because its Islamist parties have reemerged, more moderate and pragmatic, after each closure. “Autocratic regimes in the Muslim world often ban religious parties, which then go underground and turn violent. Turkey’s Islamists have taken a different path. Despite being repeatedly outlawed and ejected from power, pious politicians have shunned violence, embraced democracy, and moved into the mainstream,” The Economist noted in 2008. “No Islamic party has been as moderate and pro-Western as the AKP, which catapulted into government in 2002 promising to lead Turkey into the European Union.”

Erdoğan, who founded the party, actually rejects defining the AKP in religious terms. “We are not an Islamic party, and we also refuse labels such as Muslim-democrat,” he said in 2005. The AKP leader instead calls the party’s agenda “conservative democracy.”

Islamist Politics in Turkey: The New Model?

The only way a Muslim country can be remotely peaceful is if it's ruled by an iron secular fist. If you let Muslims vote, they'll always end up voting in more and more extremists.
then you are ignorant of the history of turkey

You're ignorant of the history of Islam.
here dopey

History of the Republic of Turkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We can now add to their history today, that Obama supports his Islamist buddy Erdogan.

Forum List

Back