ATTORNEY GENERAL LORETTA LYNCH: San Bernadino shootings provide a “wonderful opportunity” to make ch

Your link quotes it as such --

"Those will come later from local authorities who are on the scene, but I do want to express my deepest condolences and ask that you join me in standing with our colleague, friends and partners in San Bernardino suffering with this and add all of our thoughts and prayers here today now at this time. << HERE IS THE SNIP >>Because we're at the point where these issues have come together really like never before in law enforcement thought and in our nation's history and it gives us a wonderful opportunity and a wonderful moment to really make significant change."

and disgustingly & purposefully clipped out the three whole sentences to blend the comments. Seriously. - just snipped out.

Now read the actual comments --

Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch Delivers Remarks at White House Convening on Incarceration and Poverty | OPA | Department of Justice

Or watch the original speech here:

Attorney General Loretta Lynch San Bernardino | Video | C-SPAN.org

"Those will come later from local authorities who are on the scene, but I do want to express my deepest condolences and ask that you join me in standing with our colleague, friends and partners in San Bernardino suffering with this and add all of our thoughts and prayers here today now at this time. << HERE IS THE SNIP >>Because we're at the point where these issues have come together really like never before in law enforcement thought and in our nation's history and it gives us a wonderful opportunity and a wonderful moment to really make significant change."

and disgustingly & purposefully clipped out the three whole sentences to blend the comments. Seriously. - just snipped out.

Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch Delivers Remarks at White House Convening on Incarceration and Poverty | OPA | Department of Justice

governments or those who can pull the strings

can and do rewrite history

i

The speech the AG gave was scheduled beforehand -- and it was on the topic of on incarceration and poverty. That "wonderful" quote was not in reference to the attack, or gun control -- it was in reference to the topic of the pre-planned conference.

The asshats you grabbed that from -- and even the skanky National Review Online chopped it up.

Really dirty and low rent.

For all the readers (not the idiot OP, who obviously doesn't care about accuracy nor values the facts)

What is in green is what was in the video - and the OP's text at the link.

What is in red is what they cut out, doctored -- as if she was saying that about the attack

Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch Delivers Remarks at White House Convening on Incarceration and Poverty

"...But I do want to express not only my deepest condolences, but I also ask that you join me in standing with our colleagues, our friends, our partners in San Bernardino who are suffering with this, and add all of our thoughts and prayers to them at this time; along with them and also the brave public safety officials who have put themselves in harm’s way to stop this assault and to save others. So I thank you, Ms. Jarrett, for that moment of silence and I thank all of you for your continued support as we move forward with this investigation.

"Now of course, today’s announcement is of a matter really of equal seriousness, but of long-standing concern. I’m really pleased to be able to be here today. I’m actually thrilled that this event is being held here today, now, at this time.
We’re at a point where these issues have come together really like never before in law enforcement thought and in our nation’s history.

And it gives us a wonderful opportunity and a wonderful moment to really make significant change. You all are such a distinguished group of advocates, of lawmakers, judges, experts – and we’re all here to talk about today how we can ensure that our legal system serves every American faithfully, fairly, regardless of their economic systems.

So let me pose the beginning question of the day: What is the price of justice? What is the price of justice?

Some 52 years after Gideon vs. Wainwright was decided by the Supreme Court, we are still – still seeing ways in which one of our most cherished ideals has been overlaid with costs that are really borne by those who can least afford to pay and few questions are more deserving of our time and attention
...."

Thanks for the link. Per your DOJ link:

"Now of course, today’s announcement is of a matter really of equal seriousness, but of long-standing concern. I’m really pleased to be able to be here today. I’m actually thrilled that this event is being held here today, now, at this time. We’re at a point where these issues have come together really like never before in law enforcement thought and in our nation’s history. And it gives us a wonderful opportunity and a wonderful moment to really make significant change. You all are such a distinguished group of advocates, of lawmakers, judges, experts – and we’re all here to talk about today how we can ensure that our legal system serves every American faithfully, fairly, regardless of their economic systems."

The speech the AG gave was scheduled beforehand -- and it was on the topic of on incarceration and poverty. That "wonderful" quote was not in reference to the attack, or gun control -- it was in reference to the topic of the pre-planned conference.

The asshats you grabbed that from -- and even the skanky National Review Online chopped it up.

For all the readers (not the idiot OP, who obviously doesn't care about accuracy nor values the facts)

What is in red is what they cut out, doctored -- as if she was saying that about the attack

Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch Delivers Remarks at White House Convening on Incarceration and Poverty

"...But I do want to express not only my deepest condolences, but I also ask that you join me in standing with our colleagues, our friends, our partners in San Bernardino who are suffering with this, and add all of our thoughts and prayers to them at this time; along with them and also the brave public safety officials who have put themselves in harm’s way to stop this assault and to save others. So I thank you, Ms. Jarrett, for that moment of silence and I thank all of you for your continued support as we move forward with this investigation.

"Now of course, today’s announcement is of a matter really of equal seriousness, but of long-standing concern. I’m really pleased to be able to be here today. I’m actually thrilled that this event is being held here today, now, at this time.
We’re at a point where these issues have come together really like never before in law enforcement thought and in our nation’s history.

And it gives us a wonderful opportunity and a wonderful moment to really make significant change. You all are such a distinguished group of advocates, of lawmakers, judges, experts – and we’re all here to talk about today how we can ensure that our legal system serves every American faithfully, fairly, regardless of their economic systems.

So let me pose the beginning question of the day: What is the price of justice? What is the price of justice?

Some 52 years after Gideon vs. Wainwright was decided by the Supreme Court, we are still – still seeing ways in which one of our most cherished ideals has been overlaid with costs that are really borne by those who can least afford to pay and few questions are more deserving of our time and attention
...."

In addition, right after this speech she said she this whopper:

"Now obviously this is a country that is based on free speech, but when it edges towards violence, when we see the potential for someone … lifting that mantle of anti-Muslim rhetoric, or, as we saw after 9/11, violence against individuals who may not even be Muslims but may be perceived to be Muslims … When we see that, we will take action…."

If I am in public and hear allu Akbar and that person even twitches, I will bury that persons face in the ground.

Lorreta knows where to find me.

She really used the term "wonderful opportunity"??????
"and it gives us a wonderful opportunity and a wonderful moment to really make significant change."

I saw the transcript in the link, but I'm still flabbergasted she used that actual term.

It's not disbelief of the poster or the link, but disbelief someone would be that callous and stupid.

Really? After 7 years of this type of BS from this administration and you are still in disbelief? While you must be an optimist.
How does it feel to know you've been duped by those on the right wing doctoring up video's and text of the speech?

Twice! You know those regressivecrats, can't let a crisis go to waste, to make changes never thought possible. It's up to us to make sure to let them know they still aren't possible.

"and it gives us a wonderful opportunity and a wonderful moment to really make significant change."

I saw the transcript in the link, but I'm still flabbergasted she used that actual term.

It's not disbelief of the poster or the link, but disbelief someone would be that callous and stupid.

Really? After 7 years of this type of BS from this administration and you are still in disbelief? While you must be an optimist.
How does it feel to know you've been duped by those on the right wing doctoring up video's and text of the speech?

Well if they had it would be something different then the left wing always putting to me.

Any way, I am not sure of your source but you can listen to her statement here:

I think that the daily kos is duping you.

Why do you act like this is a practice unique to the right?

What practice? Duping me???? If so it ain't that hard. In this case though, no one was duped, but paperview sure is trying.

She is nothing but a racist traitorous bitch and has no business holding a any type of a government position.

Well if they had it would be something different then the left wing always putting to me.

Any way, I am not sure of your source but you can listen to her statement here:

I think that the daily kos is duping you.

I don't read the dailykos.
I do watch C-Span though, and if you'd read back a few posts you would have seen just how you and the other gullibles were duped.

ATTORNEY GENERAL LORETTA LYNCH: San Bernadino shootings provide a “wonderful opportunity” to make ch | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

EDIT: Click the above link to the post for the red / green. It's not transferring in the cut and paste.

"Now of course, today’s announcement is of a matter really of equal seriousness, but of long-standing concern. I’m really pleased to be able to be here today. I’m actually thrilled that this event is being held here today, now, at this time. We’re at a point where these issues have come together really like never before in law enforcement thought and in our nation’s history.

...."

Twice! You know those regressivecrats, can't let a crisis go to waste, to make changes never thought possible. It's up to us to make sure to let them know they still aren't possible.
...another one who was duped. ^

I watched both versions and my comments remain the same. The regressive assholes can take their not so blind social injustice system and shove it. Our justice system is supposed to be applied equally to all, their wanting to base fines and fees on the ability to pay is total bullshit. Justice in not section 8 housing.

What practice? Duping me???? If so it ain't that hard. In this case though, no one was duped, but paperview sure is trying.

Editing video.

Translate "wonderful" to "political" and you have the same old democrat line "never let a crisis go to waste". The thing of it is that it isn't the Attorney General's place to make changes. Her job is to enforce federal law and so far she seemed reluctant to tackle even the most basic issues like "sanctuary cities" which are a clear violation.

Forum List

Back