Background checks and increase age to own a gun.

Trump went on air this morning promoting background checks, increasing the age to purchase a gun, and getting rid of the policy that expunges the records of minors when they turn 18.

Thoughts?

Trump: Congress discussing 'meaningful' gun background checks, NRA will have input

Trump and the NRA are the biggest threat to my cherished gun rights.

EBeWIyuXsAAGnC5.jpg

Trump went on air this morning promoting background checks, increasing the age to purchase a gun, and getting rid of the policy that expunges the records of minors when they turn 18.

Thoughts?

Trump: Congress discussing 'meaningful' gun background checks, NRA will have input

The right to bear arms also includes RESPONSIBILITY.

Any functional idiot can be quickly taught to fire a gun and hit a cardboard box - but there's much more to it than that if an armed citizen pulls a gun in a violent shootout like in El Paso. How are police supposed to know the difference between the armed citizen and the terrorist?

And yet as more people own and carry guns with little to no training......

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
Funny how you start your numbers right when we got background checks and gun control. Yes those were really effective at lowering crime, thanks for sharing.

We need to stop selling all semi auto rifles capable of using large capacity magazines immediately.

Why don't you want law abiding citizens to be able to protect themselves from a bunch of murderous thugs?

Are you a gang member? Do you want to commit crimes without worrying if your victim has more fire power than you?
Law abiding aren't using large capacity magazines for defense. Most defenses are by criminals.
Gun owners are the ones arming so many gang bangers, not me.
Up to 600,000 guns are stolen every year in the US – that's one every minute

You don't punish people who are victims of crime......and yes, normal people need regular magazines for self defense....criminals will get them anyway.
Normal people aren't in big shootouts. That would make the news quite regularly if they were. Most shootouts are between people who are involved in criminal behavior.

Thoughts?

Any functional idiot can be quickly taught to fire a gun and hit a cardboard box - but there's much more to it than that if an armed citizen pulls a gun in a violent shootout like in El Paso. How are police supposed to know the difference between the armed citizen and the terrorist?

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
Funny how you start your numbers right when we got background checks and gun control. Yes those were really effective at lowering crime, thanks for sharing.

Funny how you can't explain how background checks stop criminals who use straw buyers....who can pass any background check, or steal their guns.

You can't explain, how criminals are stopped...when they are using illegal guns despite your background checks......

We need to stop selling all semi auto rifles capable of using large capacity magazines immediately.

Why don't you want law abiding citizens to be able to protect themselves from a bunch of murderous thugs?

Are you a gang member? Do you want to commit crimes without worrying if your victim has more fire power than you?
Law abiding aren't using large capacity magazines for defense. Most defenses are by criminals.

I do.
Yes I'm sure you are in regular shootouts. You have some imagination.

You don't punish people who are victims of crime......and yes, normal people need regular magazines for self defense....criminals will get them anyway.
Normal people aren't in big shootouts. That would make the news quite regularly if they were. Most shootouts are between people who are involved in criminal behavior.

You don't get to tell someone, "you only get 5 chances to save your family, because I am an asshat who pulled a number of bullets out of my ass..."

Thoughts?

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Funny how you can't explain how background checks stop criminals who use straw buyers....who can pass any background check, or steal their guns.

You can't explain, how criminals are stopped...when they are using illegal guns despite your background checks......
Forcing to use straw buyers slows buying a gun. Some straw buyers are caught, but it's a huge loophole. Criminals have been working that one more and more.

Thoughts?

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Funny. So should we abolish speed limits and motor vehicle laws?

You don't get to tell someone, "you only get 5 chances to save your family, because I am an asshat who pulled a number of bullets out of my ass..."
No I will tell them that countries with strong gun control have homicide rates a fraction of ours, so obviously their family is much safer with gun control.

Thoughts?

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Wow...that stupid debate point.

The way you stop crime is by punishing the ones who actually commit the crime..... in Chicago, St. Louis, D.C.....all of the democrat murder capitols....... they keep letting repeat gun offenders out on bond, and out of prison in under 3 years.....that is how you allow criminals to keep using guns for crime.

The way you actually stop it...if you really want to stop it...... is life in prison without parole for any real crime committed with a gun......and a 15-30 year sentence if you are a criminal caught with an illegal gun..

That will dry up illegal gun crime over night as soon as you sign that into law.....

The democrats keep letting the gun felons out of jail on bond, and out of prison on short sentences...today in Chicago the Police Superintendant called out the States Attorney for letting felons with guns...caught again and again, out on bond.....

I do.

Most of my weapons are put in places where I want them if I need them.
The ARs have 30rd mags.
If I have to grab one in a hurry, I know I will have at least 31 rds without having to fumble and look for other magazines.

I can see one of them from here.

Wow! A real common sense approach to gun control for a change. Good for the Governor!

New Hampshire governor vetoes 3 gun control bills

KATHY McCORMACK,Associated Press 1 hour 23 minutes ago

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Republican Gov. Chris Sununu vetoed three gun control bills Friday, saying New Hampshire is one of the safest states in the nation that has a long and proud "tradition of responsible firearm stewardship."

The bills passed by the Democratic-controlled Legislature included background checks for commercial firearms sales, imposing a waiting period between the purchase and delivery of a firearm, and prohibiting firearms on school property.

The vetoes, coming days after two mass shootings in Texas and Ohio, were expected; Sununu had said he wasn't looking to make any changes to existing gun laws.

"Our focus as a nation must be on addressing the root causes of hate and violence," Sununu wrote. "Here in New Hampshire, we have taken multiple steps to address our mental health needs and to build a more welcoming and tolerant state. From the school safety task force, to rebuilding our state's mental health system, including the largest investment of resources in decades, to establishing the Governor's Advisory Council on Diversity and Inclusion, and to establishing the state's first Civil Rights Unit to step up prosecution of hate crimes, we are taking major steps to ensure the safety of our citizens is paramount."

Sununu said the bills would not solve national issues or prevent evil individuals from doing harm, "but they would further restrict the constitutional rights of law abiding New Hampshire citizens."

None of the bills had passed the Legislature with enough votes to override a veto.

Legislators had approved a compromise version of a bill that would ban most guns from school grounds. Only police, members of the military or those authorized by school boards would be allowed to carry guns onto school property. Parents picking up their children would have to leave their guns in their cars.

The other bills imposed a three-day waiting period between the purchase and delivery of a gun and to require background checks for all firearms sales or transfers.

Democrats expressed disappointment and frustration Friday.

"Since there have been more mass shootings than days this year, our thoughts and prayers are empty gestures without the courage and conviction to act to prevent future tragedies," Senate President Donna Soucy said in a statement. "That's why it is so deeply disappointing that in the midst of a national crisis and in the wake of two mass shootings, Governor Sununu is holding New Hampshire back from making progress on gun violence prevention with his vetoes of three common sense public safety bills, including background checks — which 90% of Americans support."

Read the rest of the article.

New Hampshire governor vetoes 3 gun control bills

cases and case are out there and there are tons more lol
Let these buffoons live in their fantasy land. Don't educate them.

And don't forget the CNC gunsmithing Lathes we have access to those me and my buddies can make 85% of our AR's and the rest of the parts we buy.

[Q

You work so hard to make sure killers are well armed. Wouldn’t want to be you trying to get into heaven one day...

Where you are confused is making the assumption that taking firearms away from law abiding gun owners would cut down on gun crime by the criminal element that commit the great majority of gun crimes in this country.

Of course your confusion is understandable. You Liberals are just as confused about gun crime as you are confused about Economics, Climate Science, History, the Constitution, Ethics and Biology.
Countries with strong gun control have homicide rates a small fraction of ours. A large capacity magazine isn’t needed for defense.
I disagree.

Many home defense situations can and do involve a home resident hiding in a defensive position in the dark defending against multiple threats. Being forced to find and reload additional magazines IN THE DARK is a substantial threat to safety.

Furthermore, large capacity magazines are in common use.

You have some imagination.
Except, that is reality.

What would experts say?

8 Experts Pick Their Home Defense Weapon of Choice - Ballistic Magazine

Yet he can make you leftist go unhinged

If that were the President's job, you'd be the happiest pumpkin in the patch.

Meantime, he can't, and shouldn't, be trusted.
Dude the president n matter what he does you leftist will go unhinged so yes it's his job to do that. control your kids and he might treat you like adults.

Gibberish.
of course, you think it is control your leftist children

More gibberish. I taught my children how to shoot when they were teenagers. They're good mature citizens now. You're just saying stupid shit. Post when you don't have to invent stuff about other posters.
You taught your children, nothing boy your leftist children flip out over anything Trump does. no matter what he does

[Q

You work so hard to make sure killers are well armed. Wouldn’t want to be you trying to get into heaven one day...

Where you are confused is making the assumption that taking firearms away from law abiding gun owners would cut down on gun crime by the criminal element that commit the great majority of gun crimes in this country.

Of course your confusion is understandable. You Liberals are just as confused about gun crime as you are confused about Economics, Climate Science, History, the Constitution, Ethics and Biology.
Countries with strong gun control have homicide rates a small fraction of ours. A large capacity magazine isn’t needed for defense.
What is your qualitative experience on the use of deadly force? What gives you the ability to have an opinion on what an individual needs to prevail in a fight for their life?

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

The way you stop crime is by punishing the ones who actually commit the crime..... in Chicago, St. Louis, D.C.....all of the democrat murder capitols....... they keep letting repeat gun offenders out on bond, and out of prison in under 3 years.....that is how you allow criminals to keep using guns for crime.

The way you actually stop it...if you really want to stop it...... is life in prison without parole for any real crime committed with a gun......and a 15-30 year sentence if you are a criminal caught with an illegal gun..

That will dry up illegal gun crime over night as soon as you sign that into law.....

The democrats keep letting the gun felons out of jail on bond, and out of prison on short sentences...today in Chicago the Police Superintendant called out the States Attorney for letting felons with guns...caught again and again, out on bond.....
We have the highest incarceration rate in the world! Clearly that isn't working.

I do.

Most of my weapons are put in places where I want them if I need them.
The ARs have 30rd mags.
If I have to grab one in a hurry, I know I will have at least 31 rds without having to fumble and look for other magazines.

I can see one of them from here.
Wow paranoid with an irrational fear of being attacked? You need to seek help.

SHUT UP!!! THEY'RE GONNA START BITCHING ABOUT THAT TOO!!!

cases and case are out there and there are tons more lol
Let these buffoons live in their fantasy land. Don't educate them.

And don't forget the CNC gunsmithing Lathes we have access to those me and my buddies can make 85% of our AR's and the rest of the parts we buy.
And I'd much rather a mass killer has to make his gun rather than easily buy one.

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

We have the highest incarceration rate in the world! Clearly that isn't working.

No, moron, letting violent gun offenders our in less than 3 years is what we are doing, that is where the gun violence comes from....

Forum List

Back