Bain Capital closing Illinois Plant

Median Income (Men)*

1965 $28,599
1975 $33,148
1985 $42,847
1995 $39,186
2005 $41,386

* All figures in 2005 inflation-adjusted dollars, except where noted. Source: Census Bureau

~~~
Median Income (Women)

1965 $9,533 (33% of men)
1975 $12,697 (38% of men)
1985 $27,720 (65% of men)
1995 $27,990 (71% of men)
2005 $31.858 (77% of men)

The Big Picture

yeah yeah yeah..
In 1976 compared to 2006..
20k in 1976 dollars was $57k in 2006
Lets look at this a little more objectively

by 1985. just 9 years after your arbitrary year of 1976
$20k USD in 1985 was worth $33k in 2006 dollars
You can put out the fire now..
Oh...just to help you out
$20k on 2006 is $22k today.
If you are making less than you made 6 years ago, that's kinda YOUR problem. You fucked up. Nobody else did.,
calculator
Converter of current to real US dollars | using the GDP deflator
I missed this post the first go around. I thought I would show that I did read it now... I don't think you really understand what you just typed out.
Just posting the facts. Pay attention.
The middle class is not dying. It's not doing well either.
*laughs*

Yeah... You are. And the facts actually promote that what you are saying is wrong.

The sky is not falling. It's just real cloudy and will stay that way unless Obama is relieved of his duties.
Has just as much to do with Obama as any other president within our lifetimes. Removing Obama and putting in Willard won't solve anything.

Median Income (Men)*

1965 $28,599
1975 $33,148
1985 $42,847
1995 $39,186
2005 $41,386

* All figures in 2005 inflation-adjusted dollars, except where noted. Source: Census Bureau

~~~
Median Income (Women)

1965 $9,533 (33% of men)

The Big Picture
And it has Purchasing Power at:
2005 10 years: 5.7% 20 years: 8.0% 30 year: 7.5% 40 years: 6.2%

Instead of calling you names, because I honestly don't think you are worthy of it... I'll simply ask if you think that it's correct.

Edit: Or I would be very grateful if you could figure out how the hell they figured that. Because on an individual level there is no way in hell it's gone up. Unless of course higher is worse. And even then I would suggest it's wrong. I truely hate how people don't use the word inflation as
in·fla·tion/inˈflāSHən/
Noun:
The action of inflating something or the condition of being inflated.
A general increase in prices and fall in the purchasing value of money.

Last edited:
Median Income (Men)*

1965 $28,599
1975 $33,148
1985 $42,847
1995 $39,186
2005 $41,386

~~~
Median Income (Women)

1965 $9,533 (33% of men)

The Big Picture

Instead of calling you names, because I honestly don't think you are worthy of it... I'll simply ask if you think that it's correct.

Edit: Or I would be very grateful if you could figure out how the hell they figured that. Because on an individual level there is no way in hell it's gone up. Unless of course higher is worse. And even then I would suggest it's wrong. I truely hate how people don't use the word inflation as
in·fla·tion/inˈflāSHən/
Noun:
The action of inflating something or the condition of being inflated.
A general increase in prices and fall in the purchasing value of money.

I highlighted the relevant part for you.

Edit: Inflation is part of purchasing power. You know that right? Do you honestly think you can buy more now than 5 years ago? Let alone 10?

Last edited:
I missed this post the first go around. I thought I would show that I did read it now... I don't think you really understand what you just typed out.
*laughs*

Yeah... You are. And the facts actually promote that what you are saying is wrong.

The sky is not falling. It's just real cloudy and will stay that way unless Obama is relieved of his duties.
Has just as much to do with Obama as any other president within our lifetimes. Removing Obama and putting in Willard won't solve anything.

Wanna bet? This is a pressure cooker. The country wants a regime change because that is what they believe will release the economy from the grips of this malaise.
Business owners are sitting in wait hoping Obama gets ousted.
I am telling you with call candor that if Romney is elected and especially of the GOP wrests the Senate away from the democrats, the economy will begin a steady recovery almost immediately.

*laughs*

Wanna bet? This is a pressure cooker. The country wants a regime change because that is what they believe will release the economy from the grips of this malaise.
I am telling you with call candor that if Romney is elected and especially of the GOP wrests the Senate away from the democrats, the economy will begin a steady recovery almost immediately.
I believe that you believe that.

Good grief!

My health insurance will increase by 7.8% starting January 2013.
Gas has gone up in my region to $4.79 a gallon (reg)
Milk has risen from 2/$5.29 to $3.29 per gallon, in the past 6 months.

My discretionary income is being eaten away by necessities.

In order to support your weak position it appears you have decided to make up stuff that is not true.
Tariffs cause trade wars. Nobody wins. Stupid.
50 years ago and beyond, the US was the dominate industrial power. As time progressed, other nations acquired their industrial might. As the US was an exporter, so the same with these newer industrial powers.. We could no longer hide behind the protectionist tariffs because American business had to compete as never before. It's called progress. Not all progress is painless. It is what it is. It cannot be stopped.

Horseshit. Those other industrial powers had unions, just like we did. The Germans and Japanese have unions that have a say in company management. What they Germans and Japanese don't have are greedy CEO's who really think they need to still make 8 figure salaries while their companies are failing.

The rest of your crap is the Hate the Working man shit your side spews out and wonders why the Steel Toes don't vote for you.

"Hate the working man"...Yes, the fallback position for every pro union person who hears or reads anything that remotely criticizes unions.
BTW, I made no mention of unions in other countries.
And i was not talking about post war industrial growth in Western Europe. Oh, since you opened the door, Western European governments subsidize business. As a trade off there are rules n place that mandate business not lay off employees, make it difficult to discharge even the most mediocre workers. Unemployment is rampant because there are only so many jobs to go around. Basically for a younger person to find a job, somebody has to retire or die.
Part of the reason there is such high unemployment and government subsidy of business is the high cost of labor brought on by unions

*laughs*

I believe that you believe that.

It's true.

Good grief!

Yeah... Inflation is a bitch. Inflation Calculator | Find US Dollar's Value from 1913-2012 28.1% between 1995 and 2005... But medium income at absolute best is at like 12% ( I used the woman only figure for absolute best result from information given )

But somehow Purchasing Power has gone up... o.0

Please... I might be an idiot having a brain fart here. Explain this to me. How is it possible for purchasing power to go up with those figures? And that's using 1995 - 2005 figures.

From 2005-2012 inflation is at 18%. Let me be very clear here... IF your check isn't 18% bigger from 2005 then you lost money even if the size of your check didn't change.

Edit: No responses? Need it simplified further? No problem.

If you made: 30k a year in 2005 you need to be making 35,400 right now to break even to buy the same things you did in 2005

If you made: 50k a year in 2005 you need to be making 59,000 right now to break even to buy the same things you did in 2005

If you made: 100k a year in 2005 you need to be making 118,000 right now to break even to buy the same things you did in 2005

Please... If I'm wrong someone tell me.

If Obama or Mitt is talking about making a sound dollar... Hey... I want to hear it. I've heard it from Ron... I've heard it from Gary. They have done everything short of SCREAMING at the public saying this is a problem... I guess if Obama or Mitt doesn't address it then it's not a problem??? This is a shit load more than JUST jobs. We're all getting fucked. All of us. You know why companies are making record profits even in a recession? Because they have to have at least 18% more than they did in 2005 just to make the same amount of profit.

Last edited:
GE and Jeffery emelt paid no taxes to jobs to china.

GE and jeffery emelt control NBC and it's affliates...propaganda misinformation...>>> therefore.....2016 OBAMA

Last edited:
Good grief!

Yeah... Inflation is a bitch. Inflation Calculator | Find US Dollar's Value from 1913-2012 28.1% between 1995 and 2005... But medium income at absolute best is at like 12% ( I used the woman only figure for absolute best result from information given )

But somehow Purchasing Power has gone up... o.0
Please... I might be an idiot having a brain fart here. Explain this to me. How is it possible for purchasing power to go up with those figures? And that's using 1995 - 2005 figures.
From 2005-2012 inflation is at 18%. Let me be very clear here... IF your check isn't 18% bigger from 2005 then you lost money even if the size of your check didn't change.
Edit: No responses? Need it simplified further? No problem.
Please... If I'm wrong someone tell me. <snip>

Forgive my cutting your post.

I don't know how it's possible, in general, across the country.

I am speaking of my own personal experience.

Edit: Inflation is part of purchasing power. You know that right? Do you honestly think you can buy more now than 5 years ago? Let alone 10?

And I answered that the numbers are adjusted for inflation. That means they are after inflation. So a positive number means that purchasing power is rising.

Over the past five years, inflation-adjusted incomes are roughly flat.

Bigotry is rooted in ignorance, as you repeatedly display throughout the board, including this post.

Guy, you can whine like a little bitch all day.

If you are hated by me, you've probably done something to deserve it. Individually or collectively.

Here's how much I care.

zero2.jpg

Bigotry is rooted in ignorance, as you repeatedly display throughout the board, including this post.

If you are hated by me, you've probably done something to deserve it. Individually or collectively.

Here's how much I care.

]

When you stop following me around, then I'll believe you really don't care.

Frankly, cyber stalking, and keeping lists of out of context statements that you can lie about, that's kind of the opposite of "not caring".

For an individual in such a tenuous position, defending unions and especially public sector unions, you are quite arrogant to believe you are the center of everyone's attention.
Quite frankly, your feelings about us conservatives carry but a flyspeck of importance.

Forum List

Back