🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

Doesn't matter if you think it's sanctimonious. He believes he is violating his faith by designing a cake to be used in a queer wedding. Why can't you all be tolerant?

When he opens a church, he can do whatever he wants. In a business that is open to the public, you serve the public, period, end of story, vote with your feet if you don't like it.

The Constitution doesn't say that. Tell us what the constitution says in the first amendment.

" or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

Doesn't mean you can use religion as an excuse to go beyond societal norms. Those norms change over time. You can't, as part of your religion, sacrifice another human. Now, in some states you can't discriminate against the LGBT community. I'm guessing it wont be long before it's federal too. But not yet.

Nope. You can't force an American citizen to violate their religious beliefs.
The hell you can't, and we do all the damn time. Really, grow the fuck up will you please? You whine like a child and it's damned annoying...

Here is an interesting point of view. Read it and hopefully you'll gain some perspective, dick nose.
Christian Cake Baker Appeals Government ?Re-Education? Order | CitizenLink
Couldn't give a damn what it says, since I the know the difference between religion and business, right and wrong.

I couldn't get past your first sentence. Business rules do not trump the constitution. You leftists just can't quite get it.

From Employment Division v. Smith:

" We have never held that an individual's religious beliefs [p879] excuse him from compliance with an otherwise valid law prohibiting conduct that the State is free to regulate. On the contrary, the record of more than a century of our free exercise jurisprudence contradicts that proposition. As described succinctly by Justice Frankfurter in Minersville School Dist. Bd. of Educ. v. Gobitis, 310 U.S. 586, 594-595 (1940):

Conscientious scruples have not, in the course of the long struggle for religious toleration, relieved the individual from obedience to a general law not aimed at the promotion or restriction of religious beliefs. The mere possession of religious convictions which contradict the relevant concerns of a political society does not relieve the citizen from the discharge of political responsibilities."

Employment Division v. Smith | LII / Legal Information Institute

Scalia authored that decision, you think Scalia is a leftist?

>>>>

Queer marriage is a religious issue for many people. Your post doesn't cover that for a business owner. You can't force a citizen to labor against his will.
These Ayn Rand kids are such fucking morons. Yeah, business regulations make you a Slave...

Last edited:
The hell you can't, and we do all the damn time. Really, grow the fuck up will you please? You whine like a child and it's damned annoying...

Here is an interesting point of view. Read it and hopefully you'll gain some perspective, dick nose.

Wow...

......... Person found in violation of the law disagrees and appeals the ruling.

......... Stop the presses and news at 11.

Really? That's an "interesting perspective"?

>>>>

Exactly. This is just beginning. In the meantime, why don't you sick trash attack Chik Fil A and Phil Robertson again. That was pretty much fun.

When he opens a church, he can do whatever he wants. In a business that is open to the public, you serve the public, period, end of story, vote with your feet if you don't like it.

The Constitution doesn't say that. Tell us what the constitution says in the first amendment.

Doesn't mean you can use religion as an excuse to go beyond societal norms. Those norms change over time. You can't, as part of your religion, sacrifice another human. Now, in some states you can't discriminate against the LGBT community. I'm guessing it wont be long before it's federal too. But not yet.

Bullshit. Societal norms don't trump my constitution.

Couldn't give a damn what it says, since I the know the difference between religion and business, right and wrong.

That's why you're an ignorant fuck. Your opinions do not trump my constitution.

Oh but they do, all the damn day long. It's not a blank check to do whatever you damn well please, and only a child would think so, child.

My opinion, the court's opinion, the opinion of the majority, not that it matters, and 60 years of legal reasoning and good results for society. Go piss into the wind some more you damn infant.

Why can't you all be tolerant?

:laugh:

Good one.

Don't hold your breath.

" We have never held that an individual's religious beliefs [p879] excuse him from compliance with an otherwise valid law prohibiting conduct that the State is free to regulate. On the contrary, the record of more than a century of our free exercise jurisprudence contradicts that proposition. As described succinctly by Justice Frankfurter in Minersville School Dist. Bd. of Educ. v. Gobitis, 310 U.S. 586, 594-595 (1940):

Conscientious scruples have not, in the course of the long struggle for religious toleration, relieved the individual from obedience to a general law not aimed at the promotion or restriction of religious beliefs. The mere possession of religious convictions which contradict the relevant concerns of a political society does not relieve the citizen from the discharge of political responsibilities."

>>>>

Queer marriage is a religious issue for many people. Your post doesn't cover that for a business owner. You can't force a citizen to labor against his will.
These Ayn rand kids are such fucking morons. Yeah, business regulations make you a Slave...

Nope. Business regulations that force me to violate my faith makes me a slave. Dumb ass. How long is it going to take before you learn that?

We'll have to wait and see how the courts decide.

Oh but they do, all the damn day long. It's not a blank check to do whatever you damn well please, and only a child would think so, child.

No one said that, dumb ass.

Why can't you all be tolerant?

Good one.

Don't hold your breath.

These Ayn Rand kids are such fucking morons. Yeah, business regulations make you a Slave...

Nope. Business regulations that force me to violate my faith makes me a slave. Dumb ass. How long is it going to take before you learn that?
Never, because it's bullshit and entirely untrue. You aren't a slave just because you have to stop at red lights and pay your taxes. What you are is a child, and a stupid and selfish one at that.

My opinion, the court's opinion, the opinion of the majority, not that it matters, and 60 years of legal reasoning and good results for society. Go piss into the wind some more you damn infant.

This is a new law and two queers deliberately targeted the business owner to test the law. Now go fuck yourself, loser.

I couldn't get past your first sentence. Business rules do not trump the constitution. You leftists just can't quite get it.

>>>>

I agree, you can't focrce a citizen to labor against his will.

Hoewver, no one is "forced" to do anything. You voluntarily open a business, no one is forced to. You voluntarily decide on what goods and services to offer, no one is forced to. If you don't want to shoot wedding photographs for same-sex couples, don't offer wedding services. If you don't want to bake a wedding cake for a same-sex couple, don't offer wedding cakes.

>>>>

No one said that, dumb ass.

Well if you don't believe it then stop acting like it. You whine like an infant you just lost his pacifier instead of a man dealing with the regulations that allow everyone in society to get on with their lives.

Good one.

Don't hold your breath.

Never, because it's bullshit and entirely untrue. You aren't a slave just because you have to stop at red lights and pay your taxes. What you are is a child, and a stupid and selfish one at that.

This isn't about red lights and taxes. This is about a law that oversteps constitutional rights. Dumb fuck.

This is a new law and two queers deliberately targeted the business owner to test the law. Now go fuck yourself, loser.

Bullshit, and it's not a new law, just a new minority that is being protected. Laws like this have been on the books for decades. Grow up and deal with it.

This isn't about red lights and taxes. This is about a law that oversteps constitutional rights. Dumb fuck.
No, it doesn't dumbass, which is why the courts rule my way, not yours.

We'll have to wait and see how the courts decide.
The courts have already decided. Certain Americans, like our little infant here, just need to GTFU!!!!!!!!!!!

You know that disability is protected by law now too...you cannot refuse service based on a customer's disabilities either.

Every little step makes the world worse. The Tyranny of Nice is just as bad as the Tyranny of Mao or Stalin.

Forum List

Back