Banana republics don't look like this.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
I know of no instances when the leader of a banana republic would allow his son to be prosecuted for a crime very rarely resulting in charges being brought. This, after an investigation was conducted by a Special Counsel from the opposing party who was held over from the prior admin. to avoid the appearance of impropriety.

I know of no instances when the leader of a banana republic would allow himself to be investigated at all, let alone by a Special Counsel from the opposing party, who wrote a highly politicized report of his findings.

I know of no instances when the Attorney General of a banana republic had to be cajoled in to naming a Special Counsel, after months of delay, to investigate crimes committed by the leader of the prior admin. This, after not having been pressured to do so by the President.

Leaders of banana republics don't permit the opposition leader to have every opportunity to defend himself. They suggest the opposition leader be locked up.

OTOH, I can imagine these things happening in a banana republic.

The G.O.P. Push for Post-Verdict Payback: ‘Fight Fire With Fire’

Republican allies of Donald J. Trump are calling for revenge prosecutions and other retaliatory measures against Democrats in response to his felony conviction in New York.

Within hours of a jury finding Mr. Trump guilty last week, the anger congealed into demands for action. Since then, prominent G.O.P. leaders in and out of government have demanded that elected Republicans use every available instrument of power against Democrats, including targeted investigations and prosecutions.

Comprehensive Timeline on False Electors Scheme in 2020 Presidential Election

Giuliani: Trump fired Comey because former FBI director wouldn’t say he wasn’t a target in investigation
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/03/trump-fire-comey-reason-rudy-giuliani-566043

Jared Kushner firm received $2 billion Saudi investment after White House exit: Report
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...MI9OjU0ejGhgMVvAutBh1_vSwiEAMYASAAEgK-0PD_BwE

Justice Department pressured former US attorney to bring cases against Trump enemies, Geoffrey Berman says
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jus...-attorney-bring-cases-trump/story?id=89745338

Those are examples befitting the label banana republic. Those and many more. Like the prez firing Inspectors General for investigating his admin. Nepotism. Violating protocols for awarding security clearances given to family members. Soliciting the DoJ's help in stealing an election.

Perhaps the reason we hear so much from Repubs about a banana republic is to deflect attention away from the fact they want to re-elect a man who very badly desires to create one again.

I know of no instances when the leader of a banana republic would allow his son to be prosecuted for a crime very rarely resulting in charges being brought. This, after an investigation was conducted by a Special Counsel from the opposing party who was held over from the prior admin. to avoid the appearance of impropriety.

I know of no instances when the leader of a banana republic would allow himself to be investigated at all, let alone by a Special Counsel from the opposing party, who wrote a highly politicized report of his findings.

I know of no instances when the Attorney General of a banana republic had to be cajoled in to naming a Special Counsel, after months of delay, to investigate crimes committed by the leader of the prior admin. This, after not having been pressured to do so by the President.

Leaders of banana republics don't permit the opposition leader to have every opportunity to defend himself. They suggest the opposition leader be locked up.

OTOH, I can imagine these things happening in a banana republic.

Republican allies of Donald J. Trump are calling for revenge prosecutions and other retaliatory measures against Democrats in response to his felony conviction in New York.

Within hours of a jury finding Mr. Trump guilty last week, the anger congealed into demands for action. Since then, prominent G.O.P. leaders in and out of government have demanded that elected Republicans use every available instrument of power against Democrats, including targeted investigations and prosecutions.

Giuliani: Trump fired Comey because former FBI director wouldn’t say he wasn’t a target in investigation
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/03/trump-fire-comey-reason-rudy-giuliani-566043

Jared Kushner firm received $2 billion Saudi investment after White House exit: Report
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...MI9OjU0ejGhgMVvAutBh1_vSwiEAMYASAAEgK-0PD_BwE

Justice Department pressured former US attorney to bring cases against Trump enemies, Geoffrey Berman says
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jus...-attorney-bring-cases-trump/story?id=89745338

Those are examples befitting the label banana republic. Those and many more. Like the prez firing Inspectors General for investigating his admin. Nepotism. Violating protocols for awarding security clearances given to family members. Soliciting the DoJ's help in stealing an election.

Perhaps the reason we hear so much from Repubs about a banana republic is to deflect attention away from the fact they want to re-elect a man who very badly desires to create one again.

WHOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No worries, I doubt the degenerate Hunter Biden of the Biden Crime Family will even be convicted.

Well, not with the half-ass case Weiss is putting on, no.

And then you have the jury.

Juror 1​

• Has a sister who is a recovering drug addict and who served time in Delaware state prison for drug offenses and credit card fraud

Juror 4​

• Believes people who smoke marijuana should be allowed to own firearms
  • Father and brother own guns
  • Views “weed” as less harmful than drugs like heroin

Juror 5​

• Believes the civil rights movement showed failures by US law enforcement in treating African Americans fairly under the law
  • Got a DUI two years ago and attended Alcoholics Anonymous

Juror 6​

• Has a license to carry a concealed firearm
  • Owns three pistols
  • Supporter of the Second Amendment and believes every law-abiding citizen should have the right to own firearms

Juror 8​

• Brother was previously arrested on possession of drug charges

Juror 10​

• Another brother and father (both deceased) struggled with alcohol addiction
  • Acknowledges their addiction as a disease

Juror 11​

• Best friend from childhood died from a heroin overdose
  • Family hunts and owns hunting rifles, but she does not personally own a gun

Juror 12​

• Has an older brother addicted to PCP and heroin, who was "admitted to rehab many times"

Can you imagine a scenario by which Trump would allow any of his children to be investigated by a DoJ under his control?

OMG, are you really this stupid? TRUMP's kids were investigated in the Russia, Russia Russia hoax by a DOJ under his control.

I know of no instances when the leader of a banana republic

Unfortunately you forgot to research the meaning of a Banana Republic :_
A small state that is politically unstable as a result of the domination of its economy by a single export controlled by foreign capital.

So unless you view the US as small -- which it is culturally -- and you offered Fake News as your export , you have badly missed the boat .

Unfortunately you forgot to research the meaning of a Banana Republic :_
A small state that is politically unstable as a result of the domination of its economy by a single export controlled by foreign capital.

So unless you view the US as small -- which it is culturally -- and you offered Fake News as your export , you have badly missed the boat .
These things happen in banana republics.

Why no hush-money charges against Trump? Feds are silent

Billy the Bagman, Trump's AG, killed the investigation.

JoeBlow ticked off the reasons in post #6.....I don't expect an conviction.

I'm not even mad and it would be grand if this sets precedence going forward about the BS 4473 form.

I agree. 4473 should be replaced by a background investigation performed by ATF agents.

When I applied for my current job, I underwent a thorough background check, a drug test, and interviews with co-workers.

When I applied for my mortgage, they investigated every aspect of my financial life for the last 20 years. Forget the fact that I had an 830 Credit Score and no credit card debt and was expecting a payout for my previous home. They still took 30 days to background check me, and the loan officer complimented me on how quickly it went compared to others she's done.

I am currently in the process of getting an immigration sponsorship for the lovely Mrs. B131. Forget the fact that she's already legally resided in the US for seven years. They insisted I provide 200 pages of documentation proving this wasn't a "Green Card" wedding.

Oh, when I applied for an IL FOID card, despite your whining about "Strict" IL gun laws, it consisted of paying them $11.00 and answering questions promising I wasn't a bad person. I can't imagine they did a very thorough background check for $11.00.

Can you imagine a scenario by which Trump would allow any of his children to be investigated by a DoJ under his control?
Who says biden is the number one boss of the crime syndicate we call the Deep State?

He’s more of a puppet on a string

Oh, when I applied for an IL FOID card, despite your whining about "Strict" IL gun laws, it consisted of paying them $11.00 and answering questions promising I wasn't a bad person. I can't imagine they did a very thorough background check for $11.00.
LOL....They did the same thing for your $11.00 Fail Card that the VSP do for $2.00 here for an gun purchase. Most shops don't even charge the $2.00.

LOL....They did the same thing for your $11.00 Fail Card that the VSP do for $2.00 here for an gun purchase. Most shops don't even charge the $2.00.
But that's kind of my point.

Whenever you have a mass shooting, we find out two things about the shooter.

1) Everyone in his life knew he was nuts.
2) He still had absolutely no problem getting a gun.

Who says biden is the number one boss of the crime syndicate we call the Deep State?

He’s more of a puppet on a string
“The committee is seeking to determine whether the internal Department of Justice policy against indicting a sitting president — the same policy that prevented Special Counsel Robert Mueller from bringing an indictment against President Trump for obstruction of justice in the Russian election interference investigation — played any role in your office’s decision not to indict President Trump for these hush money crimes,” the committee’s chairman, Maryland Democrat U.S. Rep. Elijah Cummings, wrote in the letter.

“The office of the president should not be used as a shield for criminal conduct,” Cummings added.

They asked that the records be produced by Aug. 2.

The U.S. attorney’s office declined to comment.

Billy the Bagman, Trump's AG, killed the investigation.

But that's kind of my point.

Whenever you have a mass shooting, we find out two things about the shooter.

1) Everyone in his life knew he was nuts.
2) He still had absolutely no problem getting a gun.
So why should I have to jump through hoops because the mental health system failed? "Everyone" should have turned the perp in.

Mr. Bannon was convicted in a federal prosecution for failing to comply with a congressional subpoena in the Jan. 6 investigation, and faces trial in September in a New York state court — before the same judge who oversaw Mr. Trump’s trial — in a charity fraud case.

“There are dozens of ambitious backbencher state attorneys general and district attorneys who need to ‘seize the day’ and own this moment in history,” Mr. Bannon wrote.

Consider for a moment if Joe Biden's former chief of staff said something like that. It's just one of a million things Trump gets a pass for because there are a million things that would end the candidacy of any other politician.

Forum List

Back