Barr: Trump using 'extortion' to control GOP

Admit it Mac. Trump broke you. You can't let it go
"Hey Mac, you say you have agreements with the Right, and/or disagreements with the Left. I'm curious: What are they? The last thing I want to do is make stupid assumptions based on pure ignorance. I'M CURIOUS." Something we should be teaching our children to be.

But you just can't think like that. A person either has to adore him like you do, or they're the enemy. Now you're just an obedient drone, like about 70% of the posters here.

And this is why I don't bother here. Trump broke you people. He has robbed you of your fundamental human curiosity and your self respect.

Last edited:
sidenote:

In my opinion there must be right wing extremists among the ranks of the Secret Service. A former member of the Secret Service said that Tony Ornato helped orchestrate that walk to Saint John’s Church when peaceful protesters were attacked by police.

Barr mentions in his book that Ornato told him the Trump people weren't telling anyone about the church thing and that they wanted it to be a surprise

Voters Beware !!!!

Former Attorney General William Barr said that former President Donald Trump was resorting to “extortion” to continue to exert influence over the Republican Party, and said he still hasn’t decided what to make of the FBI search of Mar-a-Lago and the government’s recovery of hundreds of pages of classified documents.

In a lengthy interview published Thursday, former New York Times editor Bari Weiss asked Barr why more Republicans did not simply come out and say that Trump’s claims that election fraud had prevented him from winning the 2020 election were, to use Barr's previous word, “bullshit.”

“The tactic that Trump is using to exert this control over the Republican Party is extortion,” Barr said of his former boss. “What other great leader has done this? Telling the party, ‘If it’s not me, I’m going to ruin your election chances by telling my base to sit home. And I’ll sabotage whoever you nominate other than me.’ It shows what he’s all about. He’s all about himself.”

Barr recounted Trump's fury on Dec. 1, 2020, when he learned that his attorney general had given an interview to the Associated Press and told them there was no evidence of widespread election fraud. Trump exploded at Barr over the interview, a clash that reportedly led Barr to tender his resignation on the spot before being convinced by White House counsel Pat Cipollone to wait to announce his departure.

Although Trump once had nothing but public praise for Barr, his has since turned on his former attorney general, calling him a RINO — short for “Republican in name only” — who didn’t “have the courage or stamina to go after voter fraud.”

Weiss asked Barr, who also served as attorney general under President George H.W. Bush, whether he underestimated “Trump’s disregard for the truth and disregard for the results of the election.”

“I underestimated how far he would take it. I thought on Dec. 14, when I tendered my resignation, the states had all certified the votes. To me, that was it. That was the last stop,” Barr said. “There was no process beyond that which would allow him to challenge the election. I thought it was safe to leave at that point. I was wrong. I did not expect him to take it as far as he did with these very wacky legal theories that no one gave any credence to.”

But Barr’s views on Trump’s actions after the 2020 election are decidedly more sour. He didn’t hold back when Weiss asked what he felt watching the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol unfold.

“I was disgusted and mortified and feeling very angry. I felt this whole thing had hurt the Republican Party and hurt the reputation of the administration even more than before. I was angry about that. Everyone I knew in the administration was angry about that. I also felt that it was just a Keystone Cops exercise. There wasn’t a genuine threat of overthrowing the government, as far as I was concerned, it was just a circus,” Barr said, adding that “the whole thing, to me, was a big embarrassment.”

The riot, Barr said, was “a shameful episode. ... And the president certainly precipitated it.”

As for the current legal standoff between Trump and both the Justice Department and the National Archives, Barr said he is waiting to see what information emerges before he draws a final conclusion about what the government has said was hundreds of pages of classified documents improperly stored at Trump’s Florida estate.

/-----/ YAWN

"Hey Mac, you say you have agreements with the Right, and/or disagreements with the Left. I'm curious: What are they? The last thing I want to do is make stupid assumptions based on pure ignorance. I'M CURIOUS." Something we should be teaching our children to be.

But you just can't think like that. A person either has to adore him like you do, or they're the enemy. Now you're just an obedient drone, like about 70% of the posters here.

And this is why I don't bother here. Trump broke you people. He has robbed you of your fundamental human curiosity and your self respect.

Bookmark this Mac.

I didn't even want Trump for 2024 until the FBI decided to take him on. Go back and look at my history. I wanted DeSantis.

You're not an honest player. Everyone can see this.

In a lengthy interview published Thursday, former New York Times editor Bari Weiss asked Barr why more Republicans did not simply come out and say that Trump’s claims that election fraud had prevented him from winning the 2020 election were, to use Barr's previous word, “bullshit.”

“The tactic that Trump is using to exert this control over the Republican Party is extortion,” Barr said of his former boss. “What other great leader has done this? Telling the party, ‘If it’s not me, I’m going to ruin your election chances by telling my base to sit home. And I’ll sabotage whoever you nominate other than me.’ It shows what he’s all about. He’s all about himself.”
Thank you Capt. Obvious. That Trump is all about Trump, to the exclusion of what is best for the country, is not a novel concept. If you aren't a Trump cultist you've known it for some time. Which begs the question, why did Billy the Bagman and so many other members of the admin maintain their fidelity to the Orange Menace for so long? Was it a lust for power that caused them to turn their backs on the nation, or something else?

Our government and elites are rewriting the fundamental ways of living that are time tested. The holdouts are then promoted as haters, racists and bigots. In which a small percentage may be on all sides. Tolerance is a Libertarian plank. But it also includes a very low tax environment in their approach. That may be doable. Love thy neighbor is a Christian approach. Very difficult in a society that is now mentored from birth to be diverse and combative in every way. Progs force tolerance while they keep moving to ultimately destroy anyone with a thought that is wrong by their judgements and decree.

Unfortunately, it is starting to work well that now Trump does not exist, but he may still come to power in 2024, but hopefully not

I didn't even want Trump for 2024 until the FBI decided to take him on.
That remark leads me to believe you are denial of the facts related to the classified documents Trump had at MaL.

The U.S. intelligence community will evaluate the potential national security risks stemming from former President Donald Trump’s possession of top-secret documents at his Mar-a-Lago residence, Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines told top lawmakers.
In a letter obtained by POLITICO and dated Friday, Haines told House Oversight Committee Chair Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) and House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) that her office will lead an “assessment of the potential risk to national security that would result from the disclosure of the relevant documents.”

“The Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) are working together to facilitate a classification review of relevant materials, including those recovered during the search,” Haines wrote, adding that the review will be conducted in a way that “does not unduly interfere with DOJ’s ongoing criminal investigation.”

The correspondence represents the Biden administration’s first known engagement with Congress on the issue of the ongoing investigation ensnaring the former president. Court documents unsealed in recent days have revealed that the Justice Department is investigating potential violations of the Presidential Records Act, the Espionage Act, and obstruction of justice.

You are vilifying Trump…yet you have always vilified anyone more conservative than you.

Once Trump is out of the way, you will bash DeSantis. Dont lie.

Desantis just did a campaign commercial that portrays him as a fighter pilot. He's just like Trump.

Last edited:
on the other hand, Democrats claim to revere the Rule of Law, yet when AG Barr was before Congress no Democrat, not one, would condemn efforts to burn down a Federal Courthouse in Portland

Barr should focus his ire on the lawless Dems, my friends

on the other hand, Democrats claim to revere the Rule of Law, yet when AG Barr was before Congress no Democrat, not one, would condemn efforts to burn down a Federal Courthouse in Portland

Back then, Billy the Bagman was still a Trump toadie.

That remark leads me to believe you are denial of the facts related to the classified documents Trump had at MaL.

The U.S. intelligence community will evaluate the potential national security risks stemming from former President Donald Trump’s possession of top-secret documents at his Mar-a-Lago residence, Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines told top lawmakers.
In a letter obtained by POLITICO and dated Friday, Haines told House Oversight Committee Chair Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) and House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) that her office will lead an “assessment of the potential risk to national security that would result from the disclosure of the relevant documents.”

“The Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) are working together to facilitate a classification review of relevant materials, including those recovered during the search,” Haines wrote, adding that the review will be conducted in a way that “does not unduly interfere with DOJ’s ongoing criminal investigation.”

The correspondence represents the Biden administration’s first known engagement with Congress on the issue of the ongoing investigation ensnaring the former president. Court documents unsealed in recent days have revealed that the Justice Department is investigating potential violations of the Presidential Records Act, the Espionage Act, and obstruction of justice.

I do not care if he wrote the nuclear codes on a paper airplane and sailed it out his window.

Hear that?

Your standards now.

Deal with it.

I do not care if he wrote the nuclear codes on a paper airplane and sailed it out his window.

Hear that?

Your standards now.

Deal with it.
I appreciate your candor. It isn't often that someone just admits to being a blindly obedient cultist so thanks for that.

Our government and elites are rewriting the fundamental ways of living that are time tested. The holdouts are then promoted as haters, racists and bigots. In which a small percentage may be on all sides. Tolerance is a Libertarian plank. But it also includes a very low tax environment in their approach. That may be doable. Love thy neighbor is a Christian approach. Very difficult in a society that is now mentored from birth to be diverse and combative in every way. Progs force tolerance while they keep moving to ultimately destroy anyone with a thought that is wrong by their judgements and decree.
Long post, my thoughts kept coming. How many agree?

Progressive Democrats are but a small number in the Democratic Party. Just as Alt Right are a small number in the Republican Party. Therefore there is no need to see everything in Progressive lenses, but in the lenses which help us see how to keep the Constitution and the Rule of Law from being changed or deleted to almost non existence.

Both Constitution and the Rule of Law is what makes the US. It is its base. Without it, the USA as we have known it does not exist, or will cease to exist at some point.

Could we please leave religion out of understanding what is going on.

It is not the Democrats who are not respecting the Constitution and the Rule of Law.

It is not the Democrats who are threatening Poll Workers, people in Congress and all other political offices, or FBI, etc

It is not the Democrats who keep saying that they want to start a Civil War, if this or that does not happen.

I just found this article enumerating why Barr was not suited for Attorney General:

And this is a different article on Barr, telling what he witnessed while working for Trump:

Even if some, like Barr, say that they will vote for Trump again, will they? Should they? Based on what they do know it may do to the Constitution and the Rule of Law, seeing what many of us saw was already done to both during that administration?

It truly needs to be taken into account what those who worked around Trump during his administration versus those who do not know him, and will continue to wish him to be what he actually has never been.

Good, for the United States of America.

And that is what should matter. Is Trump good for the future of the USA?

HIs embrace of Putin, The North Korean President, the Hungarian President, all of them Dictators, does not give ONE pro Trump voter pause?

Think about all of the above before responding. Do not dismiss it and simply go PFFFFT. Democratic nonsense.......blah, etc

Did Trump honor and protect the Constitution and the Rule of Law during his administration ? Did many in the Republican Congress honor and respect the Constitution?

If elected again, will he? Will they?

I appreciate your candor. It isn't often that someone just admits to being a blindly obedient cultist so thanks for that.

Oh no, not a cultist. I wanted DeSantis before this FBI raid. You can look at my history here and see it's true.

Now, I want to play your game by your rules.

You will hate it.

Here is an article exploring the rise of violence since 2000

13_32.4_Kleinfeld-Fig1-1024x802.jpg

Last edited:
Long post, my thoughts kept coming. How many agree?

Progressive Democrats are but a small number in the Democratic Party. Just as Alt Right are a small number in the Republican Party. Therefore there is no need to see everything in Progressive lenses, but in the lenses which help us see how to keep the Constitution and the Rule of Law from being changed or deleted to almost non existence.

Both Constitution and the Rule of Law is what makes the US. It is its base. Without it, the USA as we have known it does not exist, or will cease to exist at some point.

Could we please leave religion out of understanding what is going on.

It is not the Democrats who are not respecting the Constitution and the Rule of Law.

It is not the Democrats who are threatening Poll Workers, people in Congress and all other political offices, or FBI, etc

It is not the Democrats who keep saying that they want to start a Civil War, if this or that does not happen.

I just found this article enumerating why Barr was not suited for Attorney General:

And this is a different article on Barr, telling what he witnessed while working for Trump:

Even if some, like Barr, say that they will vote for Trump again, will they? Should they? Based on what they do know it may do to the Constitution and the Rule of Law, seeing what many of us saw was already done to both during that administration?

It truly needs to be taken into account what those who worked around Trump during his administration versus those who do not know him, and will continue to wish him to be what he actually has never been.

Good, for the United States of America.

And that is what should matter. Is Trump good for the future of the USA?

HIs embrace of Putin, The North Korean President, the Hungarian President, all of them Dictators, does not give ONE pro Trump voter pause?

Think about all of the above before responding. Do not dismiss it and simply go PFFFFT. Democratic nonsense.......blah, etc

Did Trump honor and protect the Constitution and the Rule of Law during his administration ? Did many in the Republican Congress honor and respect the Constitution?

If elected again, will he? Will they?
Measured, rational, analytic thinking are not characteristics typically observed in cultists. Think more in terms of visceral, reflexive, defensive replies from Trumpleton's like, "go fuck yourself libtard."

Forum List

Back