BBC understand us senate deal has been reached

decker

Oct 12, 2012
bbc news 24 reporting it now. Good news and well done for boehner for letting it happen. Not perfect for either side but at least avoid default

There was never a question we wouldn't default. even without a "deal".

Your maybe right but fact they have come to a deal is good news all round. Your were right that america would not default but i give credit for boehner for being a adult and taking the deal.

bbc news 24 reporting it now. Good news and well done for boehner for letting it happen. Not perfect for either side but at least avoid default

One minor problem with your post. John Boehner has nothing to do with any deal in the US Senate.

He is the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

Senate leaders reach tentative budget deal, aide says

Senate negotiators have reached a tentative deal to end the partial government shutdown and raise the debt ceiling, a Senate aide told Fox News, as leaders prepared to brief their members on the emerging plan.

The framework on the Senate side would raise the debt ceiling through Feb. 7, and include a spending bill meant to last through Jan. 15. The plan would not include any provision relating to the ObamaCare medical device tax, as prior plans did; instead it would include a single provision meant to verify the income of those receiving ObamaCare subsidies. It would also instruct a bipartisan budget committee to report back on a broader plan by mid-December.

The House could be preparing to move the measure quickly, with a Thursday deadline to raise the debt ceiling looming.

Senate leaders reach tentative budget deal, aide says | Fox News

What i read is not a raise in the debt ceiling, but a suspension of the debt ceiling until Feb 7.

The BBC is full of shit.
It's a government owned and controlled propaganda machine.

Chavs and Dole Dossers love the BBC.

One minor problem with your post. John Boehner has nothing to do with any deal in the US Senate.

He is the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

The point is he has accepted it. Deserves credit for doing that

The BBC is full of shit.

Why the heck would a british owned broadcasting company develop propaganda for the United States?

I have to be honest this one made me chuckle.

The BBC is full of shit.

Why the heck would a british owned broadcasting company develop propaganda for the United States?

I have to be honest this one made me chuckle.

Your so right. what they say makes no sense. BBC is not a biased network mostly. In america, its coverage from mark mardel in tonight report has a go at both parties.

The BBC is full of shit.

Is this for real! Governments have problems with the BBC for criticizing them, Labour didn't like it when in office and now the Conservatives don't. The BBC is respected throughout the World and is a British institution, why do you think so many Americans use its website, its impartial on world events. And as for Chavs and Dossers I'm surprised you'd know those terms, they're very British.

Last edited:
The BBC is full of shit.

Is this for real! Governments have problems with the BBC for criticizing them, Labour didn't like it when in office and now the Conservatives don't. The BBC is respected throughout the World and is a British institution, why do you think so many Americans use its website, its impartial on world events. And as for Chavs and Dossers I'm surprised you'd know those terms, they're very British.

Well said mate. The bbc are very fair when it comes to world events and are one of the best broadcasters in the world. Their not perfect but britain be worser place without it.

Good...I hope we can reopen our government. ;)

Agree it good that adults came into the world today. Well done to mitch , harry and some moderates on both sides trying to help to avoid default.

Sadly looks like it going to be same story in early next year with debt limit but yets just hope america does not get this close to defaulting again.

What a bunch of pussies, the GOP that is. There will be reckoning.

That your view which is fair enough. But look if you want all things gop then make sure they get the sentate back and then the white house and you can do whatever you want.

That your view which is fair enough. But look if you want all things gop then make sure they get the sentate back and then the white house and you can do whatever you want.

His kind of small government, pure capitalist mindset and low economic growth is a dying breed.

Won't get 1/5th of congress in 2014. ;)

His kind of small government, pure capitalist mindset and low economic growth is a dying breed.

Your country is in it's death throes. It won't last so you can go along pretending that your vote or any of this partisan silliness is worth a damn because it won't make any difference. Enjoy.

You might be right but as we saw in elections last year can,t predict congress elections compared to presidential. House and senate much more local elections then a presidential one. 13 months is long time in politics and so still can,t predict what will happen. TI doubt you can win a general presidental election from either being too right or left wing. But you can in mid terms as their more local battles.

Forum List

Back