BDS and "The Color Purple."

Israel’s cluster bombs continue to kill and maim in Lebanon

Dalila Mahdawi*The Electronic Intifada* "Although Lebanon has been plagued by landmines since its 1975-1990 civil war and subsequent Israeli occupation, it faced unprecedented contamination levels from cluster munitions after Israel launched a*34-day war*in July 2006. According to*Human Rights Watch, Israel’s use of the weapons was the most extensive anywhere in the world since the 1991 Gulf War.In the last 72 hours of fighting, at a time when the United Nations Security Council had adopted Resolution 1701 calling for an immediate halt to hostilities, Israel dropped more than four million cluster bombs over south Lebanon. Of those, at least 40 percent failed to explode upon impact, according to the UN, becoming*de facto*landmines across Lebanon’s agricultural heartland.These are the most indiscriminate weapons of modern warfare; 95 percent of all victims of cluster munitions are civilians, according to the organization Handicap International. Since the cessation of hostilities five years ago, 408 Lebanese civilians have been killed or injured by cluster munitions, 115 of them under 18 years old. Unless properly disposed of, the weapons keep killing and maiming for decades". Israel's cluster bombs continue to kill and maim in Lebanon | The Electronic Intifada

Deliberate targeting of civilians and civilian objects, as Israel regularly engages in, are war crimes. It does not matter what excuses the baby killers come up with, they have no justification under intl law. Saying fighters hide behind these targeted children is a lie and even if true does not justify targeting the children. The targeting remains a war crime.

Last edited:
"Deliberate targeting of civilians and civilian objects, as Israel regularly engages in, are war crimes..."
We do not know that Israel deliberately targets civilians.

"...It does not matter what excuses the baby killers come up with, they have no justification under intl law..."

Hyperbole of the worst sort.

"...Saying fighters hide behind these targeted children is a lie..."

Correct.

There ARE no 'targeted children'.

You have not produced credible evidence that Israel intentionally targets children for killing.

But it is documented fact that both Hamas and Hezbollah launch rockets from within their own civilian population centers.

Hiding behind their womens' skirts, so-to-speak.

"...and even if true..."

It is, indeed, true, that Hamas and Hezbollah hide launchers and other military assets and bases within their own civilian population centers.

"...does not justify targeting the children..."

Ahhhhh... but the Israelis do NOT target children. They target military assets, and, oftentimes, civilians are killed or wounded when they strike at such assets, because Hamas and Hezbollah spinelessly hide amongst their own women and children.

"...The targeting remains a war crime."

Nope.

Tell that to the Allies who engaged for years in the strategic bombing of Axis cities because war-production and war-making assets were situated within civilian population centers, a process which unfortunately generated a great many civilian casualties along the way.

But the danger to the Allies' own peoples was eventually neutralized through such an approach.

But, keep in mind that the use of Human Shields to hide war-assets is a violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention protocol and is a war-crime of the worst sort, not to mention carrying the taint of Extreme Cowardice.

Last edited:
. Israel missile targets Gaza house. Unlawful targeting of civilians is regular IDF operating practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the course of Operation Cast Lead,, B'Tselem and other organizations were informed of cases in which soldiers used Palestinians as human shields. There was even a prosecution in one case, two soldiers were prosecuted for ordering a nine-year-old boy gunpoint to open a bag that they suspected was booby-trapped. They were given a three-month conditional sentence and demoted from staff sergeant to private. This, for committing a war crime. ZIONIST justice? This is from the testimony of a witness about one use of Palestinians as human shields in Cast Lead. "After that, the soldiers brought Muhammad, Ibrahim, and Sa'ed out too. They were blindfolded and their hands were tied. The soldiers also blindfolded me and tied my hands. Rim came and helped me walk. My children and I walked in the street, the soldiers behind us. While we walked, the soldiers continued to beat my three sons, who cried out in pain. The soldiers told them to shut up and swore at them and at Allah. They took us to a house about 130 meters from our house, which overlooks Salah a-Din Street. It was 10:00 A.M. The soldier ordered us to go into the house and sit under the staircase. Then they beat us. After that, they ordered Rim to leave but not to return to our house. Later, I learned that she walked by herself about seven 700 meters down the street to a house on Salah a-Din Street, where she stayed for a day. Then she went to the house of my brother, who lives in Gaza City.After the soldiers beat us, they forced us to walk, again, in front of them, toward a tank that was about 100 meters from the house in which we had been. It was Friday, about 1:00 P.M. or so. I heard the sound of tanks. The soldiers ordered me and my three sons to get onto a tank. We rode in the tank, blindfolded and our hands tied, for about three hours. It was very uncomfortable. We bumped into each other, and into the tank, mostly in the head. It was a long and exhausting ride." Testimony of 'Izzat 'Omar Muhammad Kasab | B'Tselem

The Impact of the Conflict on Children

129 Israeli children*and*1,519 Palestinian children have been killed since September 29, 2000.
The majority of these [Palestinian] children were killed and injured while going about normal daily activities, such as going to school, playing, shopping, or simply being in their homes. Sixty-four percent of children killed during the first six months of 2003 died as a result of Israeli air and ground attacks, or from indiscriminate fire from Israeli soldiers.”Palestinian and Israeli Children Killed. This is what makes Jesus cry. Jesus confronts Injustice, see Matthew 23, He is my example to follow, He is not silent in the face of Injustices like Occupation and Apartheid and the killing of children, nor does He support it. Sherri

Sherri, BDS has been around for almost a DECADE, and they've accomplished close to nothing. What do you have to say about that

Oooohhh...

And if Sherri can spam the boards with Arab-Muslim propaganda videos on Youtube...

Can Israel-supporters spam the boards with Israeli-Jewish propaganda videos on Youtube?

I can just see it now...

Entire threads given-over to the vomiting-up of hatred and bile and unaccountable and anonymous authors and video-editors and unverified and hairy-assed wild-and-wooly claims of every shape and size and degree of incredulity under the sun...

Here's a little down-payment, for anyone with too much time on their hands...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_UBc96u50k]Hamas Barbaric Tactics To Blame Israel For "War Crimes" (GAZA) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvjbLYXnQmE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvjbLYXnQmE[/ame]

Last edited:
More video propaganda in the tradition of Sherri's (and others') vomitus...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuWsWClhgO8]HAMAS'S WAR CRIMES - YouTube[/ame]

Hamas' War Crimes:

Outlined by Irwin Cotler, former Minister of Justice for Canada; a Canadian Jew, serving up an international judicial perspective on the culpability of Hamas...

War Crime No. 1 - Palestinian rocket attacks deliberately targeting civilians in Israel.

War Crime No. 2 - Co-opting civilians to be Human Shields; forcing civilian casualties upon defense's response.

War Crime No. 3 - Widespread and systematic suicide-bombing campaign directed against Israeli civilians.

War Crime No. 4 - Hamas Charter constitutes incitement to genocide.

War Crime No. 5 - Hamas' violation of Perfidy Principle: Misrepresenting humanitarian services to gain a combative edge (exploiting hospitals, ambulances, medical dress - for combat or terror purposes - or storing or launching missiles from humanitarian sites).

War Crime No. 6 - Violating the rights of children: Recruiting, training and dispatching as combatants or terrorists is strictly prohibited under international law.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O75b2OI_zM]The 6 war-crimes Hamas should be prosecuted for perpetrating - YouTube[/ame]

================================================

Lots more where that came from, of course, but ya'll get the idea...

Last edited:
BDS is about responding to the crimes in Occupation and Apartheid. Posters into Zionist Idolatry seem unable to deal with any of that. What is so alluring about the worship of Zion? This has nothing to do with Hamas , I just have to laugh at the desperation I see displayed here.

Sherri, you didn't answer my question about BDS. Let me try again.

BDS has been around for almost a decade, and they've managed to accomplish little to nothing. How do you feel about this ?

BDS has only lasted a decade, a poster said, so what? Slavery lasted for hundreds of years in America. Occupations have come and gone for thousands of years in the ME. So, the present Occupation will end too and BDS is the tool all can use and all can be a part of to seeing Occupation end in Palestine. I cannot wait to see the end to this Occupation. Sherri

Forum List

Back