Beautiful Black Ballerina

...talks about how racism in the art is still prevalent and how she is making them eat crow.

Unlikely ballerina takes the stage - CNN.com Video

I was under the impression it was more her build, as being not very petite, rather than her color. However, she is wonderful, and I think she looks absolutely beautiful and is a very talented woman. Even if she isn't as petite as most prima ballerinas, she is still very graceful.
You must have missed the comments about her color. My wife had the same issues as a model. They told her she was too curvy and would need to loose weight. They also wanted her to wear makeup that lightened her skin.

I heard her say that, but not any of the companies that rejected her. They talked about her build and measurements. Perhaps she just wasn't what those particular companies were looking for. There are more petite black girls though. Seen them. :D Anyway, that shouldn't really matter IMO. She is a very talented dancer. That's all that should matter. It's not like she's enormous or anything. She is just very muscular.

What does that have to do with this beautiful Black woman becoming triumphant over white racists that tried to keep her down?

She's half white genius same as Obama who came out of his "Whitey" mothers wumb:thup:

Like Obama she says she is Black. Watch the video and read this genius. Must suck fo you that she doesnt id with being white.

Misty Copeland On Broadening Beauty And Being Black In Ballet Code Switch NPR

Misty Copeland - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"She is the third African-American soloist and first in two decades with ABT, where she has endured the cultural pressure associated with this role"
She's half white and so is Obama whose white grandparents raised him. So is Halle Barry who white mother raised her, and black father abandon her. she also says shes black. Doesn't change that facts now does
No that doesnt change the fact that all of them say they are Black. Glad you agree.

Halle Berry is especially adamant about it.

Halle Berry Daughter Nahla Is Black From One Drop Rule
"I feel she's Black. I'm Black and I'm her mother, and I believe in the one-drop theory."
-Halle Berry

LOL her kids are only 1/4 black and her mother is a blond women
Kinda proves my point doesnt it?

She's half white genius same as Obama who came out of his "Whitey" mothers wumb:thup:

Like Obama she says she is Black. Watch the video and read this genius. Must suck fo you that she doesnt id with being white.

"She is the third African-American soloist and first in two decades with ABT, where she has endured the cultural pressure associated with this role"
She's half white and so is Obama whose white grandparents raised him. So is Halle Barry who white mother raised her, and black father abandon her. she also says shes black. Doesn't change that facts now does
No that doesnt change the fact that all of them say they are Black. Glad you agree.

I do agree that mixed race women are beautiful i'm glad you agree as well
That dancer certainly is, Halle Berry, too!

Jerome J. Berry, an alcoholic who abused Berry's mother Judith Ann Hawkins and sister Heidi, leaves his family. Hawkins works as a psychiatric nurse and raises Berry and her sister. Growing up biracial

...talks about how racism in the art is still prevalent and how she is making them eat crow.

I was under the impression it was more her build, as being not very petite, rather than her color. However, she is wonderful, and I think she looks absolutely beautiful and is a very talented woman. Even if she isn't as petite as most prima ballerinas, she is still very graceful.
You must have missed the comments about her color. My wife had the same issues as a model. They told her she was too curvy and would need to loose weight. They also wanted her to wear makeup that lightened her skin.

I heard her say that, but not any of the companies that rejected her. They talked about her build and measurements. Perhaps she just wasn't what those particular companies were looking for. There are more petite black girls though. Seen them. :D Anyway, that shouldn't really matter IMO. She is a very talented dancer. That's all that should matter. It's not like she's enormous or anything. She is just very muscular.

I doubt any of the companies would come out and say that publicly. She doesnt have any reason to lie about it. She is a great dancer and I dont even like ballet.

"I feel she's Black. I'm Black and I'm her mother, and I believe in the one-drop theory."
-Halle Berry

You didn't make any point

I doubt any of the companies would come out and say that publicly. She doesnt have any reason to lie about it. She is a great dancer and I dont even like ballet.

A lot of them wouldn't because it's really not her color that they care about, so much as her build and size. Ballerinas have to small and light so that they are easy to lift. I can tell that you don't know anything about ballet. :D

A lot of them wouldn't because it's really not her color that they care about, so much as her build and size. Ballerinas have to small and light so that they are easy to lift. I can tell that you don't know anything about ballet. :D
Nah.... He's too busy with his race baiting

I like ballet and can assure you, she'd probably be considered to busty for dance companies. Those dancers are usually pretty androgynous. I'm not sure about any other dimensions. If she has a larger physical frame, her performance as a lead dancer could be limited because many lead roles require dancing with a partner, lots of lifting, spinning, etc. She is a talented dancer, though...not doubt about that.

And her color isn't really that noticeable, either. And again, depending on the role, lighter makeup might also be part of the dance. Stage makeup is heavily applied. Given that, one might see where her interpretation would include skin color, particularly if she has been inculcated into the "it's all about race" cadre.

I like ballet and can assure you, she'd probably be considered to busty for dance companies. Those dancers are usually pretty androgynous. I'm not sure about any other dimensions. If she has a larger physical frame, her performance as a lead dancer could be limited because many lead roles require dancing with a partner, lots of lifting, spinning, etc. She is a talented dancer, though...not doubt about that.

Lol. I don't know about androgynous. There are lots of gorgeous ballerinas. :D They tend to be petite and small boned though, yes. Smaller women tend to be more flexible and easier to lift, definitely.

-Halle Berry

Yeah I did. Point being she and the others you named considered themselves Black

She is very thin. Why would she cause a problem with being lifted?

Actually I more concerned with people saying she was too dark.

-Halle Berry

Yeah I did. Point being she and the others you named considered themselves Black
Doesn't really mean much does it? Don't let the fact keep your race in baiting in check

Muscles. Muscle is actually heavier than fat.

give_a_fuck.gif

Of course, the OP completely missed the point I tried to make, that whether her claims about racism were true, or not, she still had the tenacity and courage to work hard and overcome those perceived difficulties.
That wasnt the main point of my OP. If that was the main point I would have never placed it in this forum.

We need to break down the racist barriers that keep blacks from the entertainment industry

Actually I more concerned with people saying she was too dark.
Dark is good.. i like darker women:up:

Muscles. Muscle is actually heavier than fat.
Its not that much heavier. Besides her muscles are the same color as anyone elses.

Forum List

Back