Beautiful Black Ballerina

Of course, the OP completely missed the point I tried to make, that whether her claims about racism were true, or not, she still had the tenacity and courage to work hard and overcome those perceived difficulties.
That wasnt the main point of my OP. If that was the main point I would have never placed it in this forum.
I didn't claim it to be the main point of your OP, I claimed it to be a point I tried to make. The main point of your OP appears to be some nice girl who has been successful whining because she's black.

I heard her say that, but not any of the companies that rejected her. They talked about her build and measurements. Perhaps she just wasn't what those particular companies were looking for. There are more petite black girls though. Seen them. :D Anyway, that shouldn't really matter IMO. She is a very talented dancer. That's all that should matter. It's not like she's enormous or anything. She is just very muscular.

I doubt any of the companies would come out and say that publicly. She doesnt have any reason to lie about it. She is a great dancer and I dont even like ballet.

A lot of them wouldn't because it's really not her color that they care about, so much as her build and size. Ballerinas have to small and light so that they are easy to lift. I can tell that you don't know anything about ballet. :D
Nah.... He's too busy with his race baiting
Actually I more concerned with people saying she was too dark.
Dark is good.. i like darker women:up:
I know dark is good. Lots of women of different races love dark men. I'm talking about the art of ballet and the problem with racism in the industry.

...talks about how racism in the art is still prevalent and how she is making them eat crow.

Unlikely ballerina takes the stage - CNN.com Video

give_a_fuck.gif
We can tell you dont care because you took the time to post.

No that doesnt change the fact that all of them say they are Black. Glad you agree.

Halle Berry is especially adamant about it.

Halle Berry Daughter Nahla Is Black From One Drop Rule
"I feel she's Black. I'm Black and I'm her mother, and I believe in the one-drop theory."
-Halle Berry

LOL her kids are only 1/4 black and her mother is a blond women
Kinda proves my point doesnt it?

You didn't make any point
Yeah I did. Point being she and the others you named considered themselves Black
Doesn't really mean much does it? Don't let the fact keep your race in baiting in check
It means a lot. Thats why she was talking about it.

Of course, the OP completely missed the point I tried to make, that whether her claims about racism were true, or not, she still had the tenacity and courage to work hard and overcome those perceived difficulties.
That wasnt the main point of my OP. If that was the main point I would have never placed it in this forum.
I didn't claim it to be the main point of your OP, I claimed it to be a point I tried to make. The main point of your OP appears to be some nice girl who has been successful whining because she's black.
No one cares about your point let alone the dancer who is more important than your point. No where in my post did I say anyone was whining. She won out over the racists fool.

I heard her say that, but not any of the companies that rejected her. They talked about her build and measurements. Perhaps she just wasn't what those particular companies were looking for. There are more petite black girls though. Seen them. :D Anyway, that shouldn't really matter IMO. She is a very talented dancer. That's all that should matter. It's not like she's enormous or anything. She is just very muscular.

I doubt any of the companies would come out and say that publicly. She doesnt have any reason to lie about it. She is a great dancer and I dont even like ballet.

A lot of them wouldn't because it's really not her color that they care about, so much as her build and size. Ballerinas have to small and light so that they are easy to lift. I can tell that you don't know anything about ballet. :D
She is very thin. Why would she cause a problem with being lifted?

Muscles. Muscle is actually heavier than fat.
Its not that much heavier. Besides her muscles are the same color as anyone elses.

Here is a picture of one of my favorite prima ballerinas, Natalia Osipovo. As you can see, she is very tone, but not very muscular. She is actually quite tiny. This is the typical body type of a prima ballerina.

data

Its not that much heavier. Besides her muscles are the same color as anyone elses.

Here is a picture of one of my favorite prima ballerinas, Natalia Osipovo. As you can see, she is very tone, but not very muscular. She is actually quite tiny. This is the typical body type of a prima ballerina.

data
Why does that have to be the typical body type and what does that have to do with people telling her she was "not the right color"?

data
Why does that have to be the typical body type?

Because, these are the body types that are going to be the most fit for this type of performance. They are looking for extreme flexibility, this is the body type that would tend to have that capability. Also, they don't want a ballerina with big breasts or a big bum because then people would be focusing on that and not on the beauty of the ballet. :D

data

Because, these are the body types that are going to be the most fit for this type of performance. They are looking for extreme flexibility, this is the body type that would tend to have that capability. Also, they don't want a ballerina with big breasts or a big bum because then people would be focusing on that and not on the beauty of the ballet. :D
What does that have to do with someone telling her she was "not the right color"? Who gave anyone the idea that those body types are most fit for that type of performance?

data

What does that have to do with someone telling her she was "not the right color"? Who gave anyone the idea that those body types are most fit for that type of performance?

I don't remember hearing someone telling her she wasn't the right color. I heard them talk about her body. :dunno:

data

I don't remember hearing someone telling her she wasn't the right color. I heard them talk about her body. :dunno:
She heard it. Are you claiming she is lying? One of her friends heard the same thing. However, back to the body. Who determined what body type was most fit for that type of performance? This is exactly one of the things she is talking about BTW. This supposed body type is based on what? There is no specific body type other than one that can execute all the required movements. What you are referring to is aesthetics which we all know is subjective.

Last edited:

But they are heavier. That's the point. Just because some people want to see this as a racial issue, that doesn't mean that it has anything to do with race according to the companies that didn't want to take her on. There is no guarantees of being hired, and it is incredibly competitive.

data

She heard it. Are you claiming she is lying? One of her friends heard the same thing. However, back to the body. Who determined what body type was most fit for that type of performance? This is exactly one of the things she is talking about BTW. This supposed body type is based on what? There is no specific body type other than one that can execute all the required movements. What you are referring to is aesthetics which we all know is subjective.

I don't know what she heard. All I know, is that I didn't hear any of the companies mention race as a reason. There are plenty of Asian ballerinas . . . because they also tend to be small boned and tiny.

But they are heavier. That's the point. Just because some people want to see this as a racial issue, that doesn't mean that it has anything to do with race according to the companies that didn't want to take her on. There is no guarantees of being hired, and it is incredibly competitive.
is this the standard "Black people are hallucinating" ideology at work here?

data

The people who would hire a ballerina for certain roles would be deciding???

Not that there aren't exceptions, but most of the time the more petite women are going to be more flexible. That is just a body mechanics issue, not a racial one.

I don't know what she heard. All I know, is that I didn't hear any of the companies mention race as a reason. There are plenty of Asian ballerinas . . . because they also tend to be small boned and tiny.
She said thats what she heard. Did you not listen to the interview. How would you hear any company mention race as a reason if you are not her? All Asian ballerinas are not Black so I dont get your point on that. You never answered my question about who determined the perfect body type and why they were correct?

data

Not that there aren't exceptions, but most of the time the more petite women are going to be more flexible. That is just a body mechanics issue, not a racial one.
What people are they? What race? No petite has nothing to do with flexibility.

is this the standard "Black people are hallucinating" ideology at work here?

Since I haven't been able to read her rejection letters, then I don't know what the story is. Just because she thinks it's due to her color, does not mean that was the reason she was rejected. It could just be that she wasn't what they were looking for.

data

What people are they? What race? No petite has nothing to do with flexibility.

Sorry, but it does, as does youth. :D Facts.

Forum List

Back