Before 1860 secession was considered to be constitutional

Indeed. What DOES the Constitution say regarding seccession?

Can't say that I have read ANY clause saying that ANY State cannot.

The states are subordinate to federal law via the Supremacy Clause. They have accepted that by joining the Union. In order to secede a state has to effectively nullify all federal laws that it is subject to as a part of the Union.

Nullification was ruled unconstitutional.

Therefore, unless a state could somehow secede while continuing to obey all federal laws,

secession has to be unconstitutional.

btw, the Supremacy Clause is not conditional. There is no 'out' related to the Supremacy Clause in which a loophole could be found to let secession through.

Bullshit, three states New York, Rhode Island and Virginia incorporated in their ratification documents the right to secede.

You might think so, but you would be wrong.

btw, did anyone explain to me yet how if a state declared it was seceding, what would be the disposition of the residents of that state who didn't want to secede?

Is that too hard a question?

I can see that this fantasy game can go on forever, so I will simply deliver the bottom line, and then prepare dinner.

Nobody is ever going to sucessfully suceed from the union.

I suggest that folks talk about something that is actually within our own universe and dimension, as a real possibility, like, whether or not Dean is going to rescue her career.
Chow....

I can see that this fantasy game can go on forever, so I will simply deliver the bottom line, and then prepare dinner.

I suggest that folks talk about something that is actually within our own universe and dimension, as a real possibility, like, whether or not Dean is going to rescue her career.
Chow....

Wanna bet? I highly recommend ALL STATES Secede from the Union for BREACH of Contract meaning the Ninth and Tenth...and the PEOPLE.

And the SECOND Amendment comes into play. It's time to ABOLISH the entire FED and FORCE IT to comply with the Constitution...-OR ELSE-

Last edited:
Before 1880 abortion was legal in this country.
What else is new?

Of all the people in this thread who are saying secession is a constitutional right because nowhere in the Constitution does it say it isn't,

how many of them do you suppose would also then say that abortion at any stage of the pregnancy must also be a constitutional right,

since nowhere in the Constitution does it say it isn't?

Eh? How many of you experts want to sign onto that simple logic?

Chow....

"Nobody is ever going to successfully secede from the Union Jack"

King George III

I believe he was proven wrong.

before 1880 abortion was legal in this country.
What else is new?

of all the people in this thread who are saying secession is a constitutional right because nowhere in the constitution does it say it isn't,

how many of them do you suppose would also then say that abortion at any stage of the pregnancy must also be a constitutional right,

since nowhere in the constitution does it say it isn't?

ninth amendment

Chow....

Wanna bet? I highly recommend ALL STATES Secede from the Union for BREACH of Contract meaning the Ninth and Tenth...and the PEOPLE.

What about the PEOPLE in the various seceding states who don't want to secede? Is the state government going to DICTATE to them that they must simply give up their rights as US citizens,

whether they want to or not?

Where's the authority for that come from? Arbitrarily, unilaterally, tyrannically revoking someone's constitutional rights, privileges, and protections against their will...

another question none of you nuts can answer.

Chow....

"Nobody is ever going to successfully secede from the Union Jack"

King George III

I believe he was proven wrong.

Twice he challenged us...Twice he got his ass kicked...It's TIME (WAY PAST) to assert the 9th and 10th.

Chow....

What about the PEOPLE in the various seceding states who don't want to secede? Is the state government going to DICTATE to them that they must simply give up their rights as US citizens,

Where's the authority for that come from? Arbitrarily, unilaterally, tyrannically revoking someone's constitutional rights, privileges, and protections against their will...

In order to protect your parasitic rights to welfare you must move to the remaining states.

before 1880 abortion was legal in this country.
What else is new?

of all the people in this thread who are saying secession is a constitutional right because nowhere in the constitution does it say it isn't,

ninth amendment

The Ninth Amendment makes all abortion a constitutional right?

lol, your conservative pals are going to horsewhip you for that one.

In order to protect your parasitic rights to welfare you must move to the remaining states.

Ditto

ninth amendment

WHO is Talking abortion squimby? NO ONE but YOU. Nice try.

This one is a STATES Issue IDIOT.

Maybe I just want my right to bear arms. Maybe I'm in Connecticut, and Connecticut is seceding so they can get out from under the 'tyranny' of the Second Amendment.

What then?

Maybe I just want my right to bear arms. Maybe I'm in Connecticut, and Connecticut is seceding so they can get out from under the 'tyranny' of the Second Amendment.

What then?

Then it is their RIGHT to CAPITULATE TO CRIMINALS AND TYRANNY...Get it yet Squimby?

What gives my State the right to void my Constitutional Rights, which is what would happen if my State seceded.

Answer THAT.
*YOU* Have the RIGHT TO MOVE if they do...Are you really this dense?

What then?

Then it is their RIGHT to CAPITULATE TO CRIMINALS AND TYRANNY...Get it yet Squimby?

I'm asking under what authority can a State unilaterally and arbitrarily take away my 2nd amendment rights?

What gives my State the right to void my Constitutional Rights, which is what would happen if my State seceded.

Answer THAT.
*YOU* Have the RIGHT TO MOVE if they do...Are you really this dense?

I don't have to move state to state to chase down my CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. That's what makes them CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.

What you're supporting is the invented right of ONE state to unilaterally void any of my constitutional rights it might choose to.

There is no such state right in the Constitution under any scenario.

What then?

I see we've reached another stunned silence dead end. lolol

Forum List

Back