Before and After Pics @ Shit Plant

yeah more corporate bullshit of putting money over safety

Would it be possible for an industrial accident to occur without turds like you trying to demonize corporate America? How good a job did that public sector management at Chernobyl do?

how about just realizing these corporations need to be held to certain standards through government instead of pretending they are saints and will only do what it right?

They blew these people UP to save money

Kill our employees and pass the saving on to our customers

You never worked a day in your life, amiright?

A business, for whatever reason, was storing far more Ammonium Nitrate that is allowed by the government without the governments knowledge. That alone is an terrible indictment of the owners of the business.

Think for a minute. This could have been used by a terrorist. And the plant was right in town! That says big things about the mind set of the owners.

It is not as if the danger of ammonium nitrate is unknown, it caused the worst industrial accident in the history of the US.

Texas City disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, has Cantor said no to aid unless the elderly and children gave up their food stamps?

Naw. They only do that for natural disasters. For industrial accidents when the governor of the state is a Repub failure, its a blank check.

how about just realizing these corporations need to be held to certain standards through government instead of pretending they are saints and will only do what it right?

Kill our employees and pass the saving on to our customers

You never worked a day in your life, amiright?

Crappy pay, lousy working conditions, long working hours with no breaks, child labor, locked doors (like Walmart does now) - everything your dread enemy, Alinsky, fought against.

The Repub way of doing business.

Damn, that looks like one massive explosion. Lucky more people weren't killed. I'm surprised by the amount of homes in the satellite image - surely such a plant should have been located in a more isolated area?

Most are. Most are so regulated that one would thing its impossible to even function. I worked for IMC/Vigero and we had to stop and clean 4 times a day. See, the dust is very dangerous. We also had to clean all the belts, pullies, scales you name it. Thees dudes were not some evil Bane Capital type companies, they likely some little mom and pop .

Where's the "profit" in holding that much inventory of anything?
Profit comes from selling inventory, not storing it.

9 times out of ten places like that sell by the ton. Say a farmer ordered 6 tons of ammonium nitrate on Friday, the plant would load a truck six times and do the farmers field, and unload from the train at some point to replenish its stock. Some of those places also mix bags for stores like ACE or other small hardware stores so the stuff is not just sitting . During winter it dos some, but its not like it just sits waiting to explode.

Here is Illinois' program to inventory and monitor haz chems and materials...

Welcome to IEMA

Owners or operators of facilities that have hazardous chemicals on hand in quantities equal to or greater than set threshold levels must submit Tier 2 forms between January 1 and March 1 for the previous calendar year.

The purpose of the Tier 2 form is to provide State and local officials and the public with specific information on hazardous chemicals present at your facility during the previous calendar year.

Last year was the first year that our facilities fell under IEMA jurisdiction. It literally took me weeks to construct all the required data including diagrams, measurements, volumes, infrastructure, etc. We are a 2 employee operation. I have no secretary or engineer to deal with such work. I'm not bitching mind you, but it is expensive, time consuming, and onerous.

What is wrong with you? Coroporate genocide? Go fuck yourself man, that's arguably one of the most barbaric things I've ever seen you say.

SICK!

What would you call an explosion that resulted in the deaths of several innocent people because of a corporation cutting corners and not adhering to federal safety guidelines?

Are these the same kinds regulations the GOP says we have too many of? Are these the same government agencies which the GOP says are too intrusive and that hinder business?

Yep, I believe it is.

What is wrong with you? Coroporate genocide? Go fuck yourself man, that's arguably one of the most barbaric things I've ever seen you say.

SICK!

What would you call an explosion that resulted in the deaths of several innocent people because of a corporation cutting corners and not adhering to federal safety guidelines?

Which corners were cut ?

not properly storing the chemicals that blew up

You see they BLEW the fuck up.

pretty plain that is not how you store them huh?

Forum List

Back