Belief in a God, the existence of a higher power, and the concept of an afterlife. Science or Religion?

I think you should avoid giving advice to others.

First, let's be clear....this is what I believe. The very definition of faith includes a belief in things not seen (and by default.....not provable using what is available to us today). So was someone there watching God create everything. Yes, God. We BELIEVE he transfered that information to somone who wrote it down and handed it down. There was no videotape of the event.

First we are talking about your great great great grandfather.

Your claim is generally true that you could through science show him to be your great grandfather.

But that science is only recent.

Which means that 70 years ago, people could not do that and had to accept what they were told on faith. And that was only if you had access to his body. If he was lost on a submarine that sank, you could not prove it.

The point being that is true of many things. I've been to China and Korea, but I've never been to South Africa. I accept it exists based on secondary evidence.

And again we come back to the same points as before.

1. Who gets to determine the burden of proof. We each have our thresholds and we adhere to them as we see fit.
2. I have never claimed that I can prove that God exists or that the bible is true.
3. What I have stated is that you can't say it could not happen. We, as the specks we are, don't know much about anything and there is the possibility that greater beings exist that could do the things the bible calls out. For someone to claim otherwise is to claim that they know everything there is to know about the cosmos.....which, of course, is stupid.
4. And "logical sense" begs the question.....whose logic ? I simply don't see how anyone with an ounce of humilty would make that claim as a general rule.
Perhaps you should review your post #183.

That a woman was turned into a pilar of salt?
Yeah, I can state that didn't happen with absolute certainty.
That some guy spent a weekend in the belly of a whale?
Yeah, I can state for sure that didn't happen.
The "God" created the heavens and the earth in 6 days?
Yeah, I can state with certainty that never happened.
That Moses parted the Red Sea?
Yep, again, never happened.

Would you like to discuss other myths that never happened?

But the concept of dark energy is used to explanation observed phenomena that require an energy input. Like, expansion of the universe.

This net zero event in the OP doesn't require that.

So that analogy is far off the mark.
Their Math Is Missing a Factor

Eureka! The space-creating matter that followed the original lava of the Big Bang reached truly empty space ("non-space, dark space, or the framework for space"). At that extension, it didn't have space-matter dragging it, so it could accelerate through the nothingness.

Or it is a different substance from what first created this universe out of the original universe.

Saying there was "something greater" and somehow disagreeing that the being we call "God" might no more about physics that we do.

The arrogance of your statements only demonstrated why "God" probably has a perpetual side ache laughing at us all the time.
Whatever Good Nature Does, Man Can Do It Better

We should be laughing at your God for creating such a chaotic, defective, and hostile Nature, and, billions of our years later, foolishly making up illogical and poorly written fairy tales that only idiots like Him could believe in.

Last edited:
Vacuuminium

Can someone swim in an empty pool? For the same reason, there is no emptiness except beyond where this universe has reached.

This is from an analogy with the fact that there is no empty container. It is filled with air. Going deeper into that observation, if the air is pumped out, creating a vacuum, it is still full of space. Or else it would collapse.
So you basically declare "nothing" is not possible.

So, no beginning.

Whatever Good Nature Does, Man Can Do It Better

We should be laughing at your God for creating such a chaotic, h defective, and hostile Nature, and foolishly making up illogical and poorly written fairy tales that only idiots like Him could believe in.

Hmmmm........

Let's see...........

Because things are not as WE would like, then God failed.

But if he is God, his perspective might be a little more broad than yours.

What you don't like or don't think serves a purpose.....He might.

Perhaps you should review your post #183.

That a woman was turned into a pilar of salt?
Yeah, I can state that didn't happen with absolute certainty.
That some guy spent a weekend in the belly of a whale?
Yeah, I can state for sure that didn't happen.
The "God" created the heavens and the earth in 6 days?
Yeah, I can state with certainty that never happened.
That Moses parted the Red Sea?
Yep, again, never happened.

Would you like to discuss other myths that never happened?

Not really since you saying that you can state "for sure" that never happened.

Since such a claim is both ignorant and arrogant, I figure I'd be wasting my time.

Not really since you saying that you can state "for sure" that never happened.

Since such a claim is both ignorant and arrogant, I figure I'd be wasting my time.
I'm guessing you'd rather waste your time explaining why a lady turning into a pillar of salt is possible. Enjoy.

It's not actually a law anymore. Sorry. Only conservation of energy. In this reality, mass can be created and destroyed. Energy cannot.

Hiroshima figured that out.
E = mc² Is the Formula for a Collision, No Matter What Convolutions Einstein Used to Define It

Since c is the maximum velocity for this universe, c-squared has to be energy brought in from the outside universe, increasing the energy here. Conservation implies both no decreasing and no increasing, either.

Because things are not as WE would like, then God failed.

But if he is God, his perspective might be a little more broad than yours.

What you don't like or don't think serves a purpose.....He might.
God Was Created in the 1%'s Image

You've been set up to say the same thing about your bosses, or about whomever the ruling class has brainwashed you to look up to. A free man kneels to no one.

E = mc² Is the Formula for a Collision, No Matter What Convolutions Einstein Used to Define It

Since c is the maximum velocity for this universe, c-squared has to be energy brought in from the outside universe, increasing the energy here. Conservation implies both no decreasing and no increasing, either.
But the universe may have net zero energy.

I'm guessing you'd rather waste your time explaining why a lady turning into a pillar of salt is possible. Enjoy.

I would not pretend to know what happened or what was meant.

So, I'll save myself that time in addition to the time I'll save by not engaging in your ignorant claims.

A North going Zax collides with one going South head on. Each has m/2 mass and travels at c. Which Zax came from "the outside universe"?

I would not pretend to know what happened or what was meant.

So, I'll save myself that time in addition to the time I'll save by not engaging in your ignorant claims.
Awwww.

The big bad Dado has scrunched your stinky pinkies.

All laws are meant to to what is best for a society to ensure its success and longevity.
Man's laws only gets us halfway there. God's laws take us to the finish line. That said many unwittingly follow God's law as well.

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Last edited:
Man's laws only gets us halfway there. God's laws take us to the finish line. That said many unwittingly follow God's law as well.

No they don't because they are the same laws

There is no difference in saying murder is illegal and Thou shalt not murder

It's the same law that was first written by men then used by religion

Sorry I'm late for dinner ... has the ethics of killing people and trying to bring them back to life in order to ask them about the experience been sorted out? ... and should we trust any university that allows this kind of research? ...

Faith gets you into Heaven, not science ...

Forum List

Back