Believe and be saved

Saved from what exactly? Death? If that were true what are graveyards for? Everything that is, eventually isn't. And if believing in JC is all that's required to have everlasting life, how do you explain the long history of human kind living and dying? If everyone that believed never died, where are they all?

And for the record, G-d doesn't ask us to believe in JC. The authors of the NT texts do. Because Yeshua was Jewish, and teaching Judaism, believing that somehow numerous basic tenets of Judaism suddenly changed and this new fella was another Moses requires an ignorance of what had already ben written. Namely numerous verses stating G-d's Laws remain in effect forever.

16. Thus shall the children of Israel observe the Sabbath, to make the Sabbath throughout their generations as an everlasting covenant.
- Exodus 31

5. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
- Psalms 100

8 The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of our God endures forever.”
- Isaiah 40

1. Everything I command you that you shall be careful to do it. You shall neither add to it, nor subtract from it.
- Deuteronomy 13

I'm waiting for the last possible second before I die to repent. There's no reason to do it sooner.

Saved from what exactly? Death? If that were true what are graveyards for? Everything that is, eventually isn't. And if believing in JC is all that's required to have everlasting life, how do you explain the long history of human kind living and dying? If everyone that believed never died, where are they all?

And for the record, G-d doesn't ask us to believe in JC. The authors of the NT texts do. Because Yeshua was Jewish, and teaching Judaism, believing that somehow numerous basic tenets of Judaism suddenly changed and this new fella was another Moses requires an ignorance of what had already ben written. Namely numerous verses stating G-d's Laws remain in effect forever.

16. Thus shall the children of Israel observe the Sabbath, to make the Sabbath throughout their generations as an everlasting covenant.
- Exodus 31

5. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
- Psalms 100

8 The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of our God endures forever.”
- Isaiah 40

1. Everything I command you that you shall be careful to do it. You shall neither add to it, nor subtract from it.
- Deuteronomy 13

Jesus is the prophet mentioned in Deuteronomy 18. If you don't listen to Him, God will require it of you and anyone else.

I believe Moses and the 70 came to the understanding that the law didn't save but that grace through faith did. They were looking forward to the cross without a lot of revelation and they didn't know what Isaiah or Jeremiah knew while we are looking back at the cross.

Deuteronomy 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Deuteronomy 18:19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

When Jesus said in John 6:29, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

it was a reference to Deuteronomy 18:18, 19,

"I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will convey all of my commands. I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name. "

And Jesus did teach obedience to the laws of God in exact same way that Moses originally taught to follow the law that has been lost to time ever since the death of Moses as he himself stated would occur.

"For I know that after my death you will turn aside from the way that I taught you to follow." Deuteronomy 31:29

This shows two things. First , there was a particular way to follow the law that the people would turn away from, and, what had become a thousand year tradition of following a literal interpretation of the law, sacrificing farm animals in a temple, obsessing over diet and fashion, mutilating penises, etc., was the wrong way to follow the law (as if that was hard to believe) by the time Jesus appeared to straighten things out, "make straight the way of the Lord."

So what had become obsolete was the wrong way to interpret and apply the law not the law itself. The law itself had been restored to its original meaning and purpose and the promise of eternal life was brought within reach for all those who could accept the divine revelation that Jesus was sent by God to teach, that the meaning of the words used in the law were figurative in nature and the subjects hidden, hence "eat my flesh.", a direct reference to Kosher law.

" the kingdom of Heaven is like treasure lying buried in a field. The man who found it, buried it again."

Last edited:
I'm waiting for the last possible second before I die to repent. There's no reason to do it sooner.

it's going to be way too late :D

Ok, how about if I wait until I see Jesus' return being covered on CNN, then I'll repent?

The Holy Spirit will have gone from to the church back to the nation of Israel and what you needed help with (repentance) will be given to Israel. So it will be harder for you to do what is not natural given your sin nature and turning to God when you have a sin nature, it will be much harder to repent and do good like God.

Ok, how about if I wait until I see Jesus' return being covered on CNN, then I'll repent?

I could not care less if you repent or not.

It's YOUR wager, not mine :rolleyes:

The Ten Commandments says to love your neighbor like yourself and the story about the good Samaritan teaches that everyone is our neighbor.

So you're teaching works and not following the Ten Commandments where it says to love your neighbor as yourself. If you loved your neighbor, you would care if they repent.

The Ten Commandments says to love your neighbor like yourself and the story about the good Samaritan teaches that everyone is our neighbor.

So you're teaching works and not following the Ten Commandments where it says to love your neighbor as yourself. If you loved your neighbor, you would care if they repent.

you remind me a pharisee from this one Luke 18:9-14
:D

How are you going to get to heaven by works if you can't keep the basic ones?
Pharisees are the ones who impose works on other people.

faith only won't get you anywhere :D

The Holy Spirit will have gone from to the church back to the nation of Israel and what you needed help with (repentance) will be given to Israel. So it will be harder for you to do what is not natural given your sin nature and turning to God when you have a sin nature, it will be much harder to repent and do good like God.

But I'm made in god's image, so if god is just like me, shouldn't He repent first?

faith only won't get you anywhere :D

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

That is the point. My faith isn't enough but it is Jesus who paid the penalty for me. When I put my faith in Him (Jesus), He does the works for me.

Your works isn't enough because of James 2:10 (see above).

You broke the law of God so what you're telling me is worthless to me. You can't convince me that your works are enough to get to heaven when you can't change yourself.

All God asks is that you believe in Jesus Christ and be saved. All one need do is pray to God for guidance.

Believing is the first of many things a mortal must do to be saved. As Jesus showed all of us at Matt 7:21-23--- these believe yet it did them no good--so other things apply as well.

All God asks is that you believe in Jesus Christ and be saved. All one need do is pray to God for guidance.

Believing is the first of many things a mortal must do to be saved. As Jesus showed all of us at Matt 7:21-23--- these believe yet it did them no good--so other things apply as well.

So if I'm made in god's image, then he doesn't believe that Jesus was his son. No proof.

What does 'believe and be saved' mean? For those who do not believe, does it mean pretending to believe (as many Christians do)? Is it enough simply to pay lip service to believing without truly believing and be saved? Believing in something is a gut feeling and genuine conviction. One cannot instill a belief into another simply by saying 'believe'.

What does 'believe and be saved' mean? For those who do not believe, does it mean pretending to believe (as many Christians do)? Is it enough simply to pay lip service to believing without truly believing and be saved? Believing in something is a gut feeling and genuine conviction. One cannot instill a belief into another simply by saying 'believe'.

We can't do anything but "pretend" because the power is not our own. The power belongs to God. He saves us; not us. If you don't rest on His power then you don't get it.

Zecariah 4:6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

God says it isn't by your might or by your power but by His spirit.

Forum List

Back