Believe and be saved

How are you going to get to heaven by works if you can't keep the basic ones?
Pharisees are the ones who impose works on other people.

faith only won't get you anywhere :D

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

That is the point. My faith isn't enough but it is Jesus who paid the penalty for me. When I put my faith in Him (Jesus), He does the works for me.

Your works isn't enough because of James 2:10 (see above).

You broke the law of God so what you're telling me is worthless to me. You can't convince me that your works are enough to get to heaven when you can't change yourself.
*yawn*

I am not convincing you in anything - I don't care what you beleive.

it is YOU who intrudes into my conversation with others with YOUR beleifs. Which are totally wrong, btw, but if they make you happy - who cares?

What does 'believe and be saved' mean? For those who do not believe, does it mean pretending to believe (as many Christians do)? Is it enough simply to pay lip service to believing without truly believing and be saved? Believing in something is a gut feeling and genuine conviction. One cannot instill a belief into another simply by saying 'believe'.

It is a motto of Protestantism - faith only is sufficient for salvation.

which is a mistake as faith only won't get you anywhere.

but that is what Protestant churches are based on.

faith only won't get you anywhere :D

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

That is the point. My faith isn't enough but it is Jesus who paid the penalty for me. When I put my faith in Him (Jesus), He does the works for me.

You broke the law of God so what you're telling me is worthless to me. You can't convince me that your works are enough to get to heaven when you can't change yourself.
*yawn*

it is YOU who intrudes into my conversation with others with YOUR beleifs. Which are totally wrong, btw, but if they make you happy - who cares?

Vox,

It is a public forum. If you want privacy, use email.

Chuck

All God asks is that you believe in Jesus Christ and be saved. All one need do is pray to God for guidance.

Believing is the first of many things a mortal must do to be saved. As Jesus showed all of us at Matt 7:21-23--- these believe yet it did them no good--so other things apply as well.

yes, first of MANY. But absolutely not the ONLY one.

*yawn*

Vox,

It is a public forum. If you want privacy, use email.

Chuck

then stop lying I am trying to convince YOU in anything - as it is YOU who can't live without jabbing with your "faith only" beleifs all the time.

We can't do anything but "pretend" because the power is not our own. The power belongs to God. He saves us; not us. If you don't rest on His power then you don't get it.
I understand that god does the saving? But if you do not necessarily believe but "pretend" to believe and god knows what is in your heart, then how can you be saved?

Last edited:
We can't do anything but "pretend" because the power is not our own. The power belongs to God. He saves us; not us. If you don't rest on His power then you don't get it.
I understand that god does the saving? But if you do not necessarily believe but "pretend" to believe and god knows what is in your heart, then how can you be saved?

The grace of God is absolutely necessary for salvation, but it is NOT God who saves you - it is YOU who saves yourself.
A man has a free will and, unfortunately, can reject salvation.

nothing spoken could possibly be further from the truth than the above - the Spirit can only join the Everlasting by conquering Evil as the sole requirement for Admission.

The grace of God is absolutely necessary for salvation, but it is NOT God who saves you - it is YOU who saves yourself.
I'm relying on what Chuckt wrote:

Believe God's word==romans 10:9-13==if you confess with your mouth jesus as lord, and believe in your heart that god raised him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 for the scripture says, “whoever believes in him will not be disappointed.” 12 for there is no distinction between jew and greek; for the same lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on him; 13 for “whoever will call on the name of the lord will be saved.”so be saved!!! Call on God, confess and repent!=here is an example of a prayer to God for those that have no idea of how they might talk to God!!=dear Lord God,
because i am not perfect, i am a sinner that needs forgiveness and i ask you to forgive me. I believe you are savior and Lord who shed your blood and died to pay my sin-debt, and rose from the dead; you live forever. I turn from (repent) my sins and invite you, Jesus Christ of nazareth, God the messiah to come into my heart and life as savior and lord. Please, help me to glorify you in all i say and do. I want to trust and follow you as my Lord and personal savior. I need your protections and directions throughout my daily life, help me. In the all-powerful name of Jesus Christ of nazareth i pray. Amen.

Jesus is the prophet mentioned in Deuteronomy 18. If you don't listen to Him, God will require it of you and anyone else.

Deuteronomy 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
Actually, Deuteronomy 18:18 is speaking about the Prophet Muhammad. .. :cool:

I'm relying on what Chuckt wrote:

Chuck is fundamental evangelist so he describes HIS views on salvation.

Those are not the only ones and not the correct ones.
( rejecting the free will of a man is the main problem in those views)

Jesus is the prophet mentioned in Deuteronomy 18. If you don't listen to Him, God will require it of you and anyone else.

Deuteronomy 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

DREAM ON!!Deuteronomy 18:18 is speaking about the Prophet Muhammad. DREAM ON. FALSE PROPHETS ARE OT FROM GOD!!

Saved from what exactly? Death? If that were true what are graveyards for? Everything that is, eventually isn't. And if believing in JC is all that's required to have everlasting life, how do you explain the long history of human kind living and dying? If everyone that believed never died, where are they all?

And for the record, G-d doesn't ask us to believe in JC. The authors of the NT texts do. Because Yeshua was Jewish, and teaching Judaism, believing that somehow numerous basic tenets of Judaism suddenly changed and this new fella was another Moses requires an ignorance of what had already ben written. Namely numerous verses stating G-d's Laws remain in effect forever.

16. Thus shall the children of Israel observe the Sabbath, to make the Sabbath throughout their generations as an everlasting covenant.
- Exodus 31

5. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
- Psalms 100

8 The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of our God endures forever.”
- Isaiah 40

1. Everything I command you that you shall be careful to do it. You shall neither add to it, nor subtract from it.
- Deuteronomy 13

OMG! Read all 22 verses!
All this "Jesus" bullsh!t from taking ONE verse out of context!
You want to believe in Jesus, even just a prophet?
Then don't make up out of context sh!t.

saved from what exactly? Death? If that were true what are graveyards for? Everything that is, eventually isn't. And if believing in jc is all that's required to have everlasting life, how do you explain the long history of human kind living and dying? If everyone that believed never died, where are they all?

And for the record, g-d doesn't ask us to believe in jc. The authors of the nt texts do. Because yeshua was jewish, and teaching judaism, believing that somehow numerous basic tenets of judaism suddenly changed and this new fella was another moses requires an ignorance of what had already ben written. Namely numerous verses stating g-d's laws remain in effect forever.

16. Thus shall the children of israel observe the sabbath, to make the sabbath throughout their generations as an everlasting covenant.
- exodus 31

5. For the lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
- psalms 100

8 the grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of our god endures forever.”
- isaiah 40

1. Everything i command you that you shall be careful to do it. You shall neither add to it, nor subtract from it.
- deuteronomy 13

omg! Read all 22 verses!
All this "jesus" bullsh!t from taking one verse out of context!
You want to believe in jesus, even just a prophet?
Then don't make up out of context sh!t.

saved= forgiven of your sin,to be washed and made clean. Why?? Because the wages of sin is death,hell!

who told you that? The verse specifically states that The Prophet would be an Israelite.

Muhammad was a psychotic child molesting megalomaniac....

I'm waiting for the last possible second before I die to repent. There's no reason to do it sooner.

Interesting plan. So what day and time are you going to die?

And how do you intend to change what you are doing in your life within one second?

Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:37-38)

Interesting that after preaching Jesus Christ to the people on the day of Pentecost and being asked what they should do, that Peter didn't simply say believe and be saved.

Just saying.

who told you that? The verse specifically states that The Prophet would be an Israelite.
No it doesn't.

It says, "brethren".

Isaac and Ishmael were brothers.

And the children of Isaac (jews) are the brethren of the children of Ishmael (arabs).

Read your Bible........ :cool:

Forum List

Back