Ben Carson Proves Once Again That He is Nuttier Than A Fruit Cake

View attachment 53367 View attachment 53366
"But claiming the U.S. is “once again the most respected” country in the world is absurd, and certainly isn’t supported by public perception polls or recent current events. U.S. favorability ratings have fallen by 13 percentage points in Germany alone since 2009, and by 19 points in Japan since 2011—and these are our key allies. Don’t bother asking the Russians.

World leaders haven’t gotten the message about America’s return to respectability either. In the last few months alone we’ve seen Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu come speak to Congress despite administration officials’ explicit warning not to. America’s allies around the world rushed to sign up for China’s Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) over Washington’s vocal objections. Just a few weeks ago, Obama hosted the Gulf Cooperation Council in Washington, only to be spurned by four of the six country leaders—including the new king of Saudi Arabia, a longtime U.S. ally. “Respected” isn’t quite the right word for America’s global stature under Obama’s second term. "

Sorry Mr. President—America Isn't the Most Respected Country
More specifically, though, President Obama is an especially popular figure in many parts of the world.
Half or more in 29 of 40 countries surveyed say they have confidence in President Obama to do the right thing in world affairs. Throughout his terms in office, Obama has received particularly strong ratings in Europe and Africa, and that continues to be the case this year. Majorities in every EU and sub-Saharan African nation surveyed give him positive marks. […]

Overall, Obama’s image has improved in the last year. In 14 countries of the 36 countries where trends from 2014 are available, more people now say they have confidence in the U.S. president. The largest gain occurred in India, which Obama visited in January. Almost three-in-four Indians express confidence in Obama, up from 48% a year ago. Double digit gains are also found in Ghana (+22 points), Turkey (+21), Nigeria (+20), Uganda (+11) and Brazil (+11).
It’s probably time for Republicans to update their talking points.
this Pew Research Center report from late 2008, which found much of the planet losing respect for the U.S. and rejecting George W. Bush to a striking degree.
And therein lies the irony of contemporary GOP whining – Republicans seem absolutely convinced that President Obama is seen abroad as a hapless failure, but the argument is completely backwards. Obama is quite popular across much of the planet, while it’s Bush who was reviled abroad. GOP candidates promising to restore global respect for the White House have a problem: they’re six years too late.
The sooner Republicans realize this, the better. It’s not just a matter of saying things that are true – though I tend to think that’s an appealing quality in a presidential candidate – it’s also the fact that GOP confusion is causing some Republicans trouble. Remember, it was just a couple of weeks ago that Scott Walker said British Prime Minister David Cameron told the governor directly that he’s unsatisfied with Obama’s leadership. The incident quickly blew up in Walker’s face.
If Republicans want to argue that Obama shouldn’t be popular abroad, fine. But reality is not in dispute.
Obama earns high marks around the globe

View attachment 53366

If Obama was running in a pageant perhaps, fit him with a nice crown with President of the United States draped across his chest, offer a few autographs if that's important to you.

I'll take the one that can render a solid decision when confronted with a difficult issue, and ..... (here is the important part) .. be confident enough to follow through and commit to it. A leader who will see the need to protect our citizens when they are being beheaded overseas, instead of making a "stage appearance" relating to the modern day terrorist as merely like the Christians of the crusades. I just have trouble respecting a Commander-in-Chief who spends a good amount of time making television appearances, because he always feels the need to have his own ego stroked.
This President has done more to combat terrorism than his predecessors. And he did not have to invade a whole fucking nation to do so. Isis remains isolated in the desert of Iraq and Syria. Isis exists in large measure because of our idiotic invasion of Iraq and the decisions made by Bush to back a minority to rule that nation. This President faced the worst economic crisis in two generations and made the decisions that ended it and brought about the strongest recovery in the world. But, since he is a Democrat and a black one to boot, you cannot appreciate what he has done for this country.

So I am a racist because I'd prefer a president with a little more backbone to stand on his decisions and commit, with a little less need to have his ego stroked. That's what you feel the need to resort to, because you just can't reference and see past a person's skin color. So now you feel the came to this thread so you can stir up and show us more of your racist views, rather than simply discuss one's political positions.
"But claiming the U.S. is “once again the most respected” country in the world is absurd, and certainly isn’t supported by public perception polls or recent current events. U.S. favorability ratings have fallen by 13 percentage points in Germany alone since 2009, and by 19 points in Japan since 2011—and these are our key allies. Don’t bother asking the Russians.

World leaders haven’t gotten the message about America’s return to respectability either. In the last few months alone we’ve seen Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu come speak to Congress despite administration officials’ explicit warning not to. America’s allies around the world rushed to sign up for China’s Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) over Washington’s vocal objections. Just a few weeks ago, Obama hosted the Gulf Cooperation Council in Washington, only to be spurned by four of the six country leaders—including the new king of Saudi Arabia, a longtime U.S. ally. “Respected” isn’t quite the right word for America’s global stature under Obama’s second term. "

More specifically, though, President Obama is an especially popular figure in many parts of the world.
Half or more in 29 of 40 countries surveyed say they have confidence in President Obama to do the right thing in world affairs. Throughout his terms in office, Obama has received particularly strong ratings in Europe and Africa, and that continues to be the case this year. Majorities in every EU and sub-Saharan African nation surveyed give him positive marks. […]

Overall, Obama’s image has improved in the last year. In 14 countries of the 36 countries where trends from 2014 are available, more people now say they have confidence in the U.S. president. The largest gain occurred in India, which Obama visited in January. Almost three-in-four Indians express confidence in Obama, up from 48% a year ago. Double digit gains are also found in Ghana (+22 points), Turkey (+21), Nigeria (+20), Uganda (+11) and Brazil (+11).
this Pew Research Center report from late 2008, which found much of the planet losing respect for the U.S. and rejecting George W. Bush to a striking degree.
And therein lies the irony of contemporary GOP whining – Republicans seem absolutely convinced that President Obama is seen abroad as a hapless failure, but the argument is completely backwards. Obama is quite popular across much of the planet, while it’s Bush who was reviled abroad. GOP candidates promising to restore global respect for the White House have a problem: they’re six years too late.
The sooner Republicans realize this, the better. It’s not just a matter of saying things that are true – though I tend to think that’s an appealing quality in a presidential candidate – it’s also the fact that GOP confusion is causing some Republicans trouble. Remember, it was just a couple of weeks ago that Scott Walker said British Prime Minister David Cameron told the governor directly that he’s unsatisfied with Obama’s leadership. The incident quickly blew up in Walker’s face.
If Republicans want to argue that Obama shouldn’t be popular abroad, fine. But reality is not in dispute.

View attachment 53366

If Obama was running in a pageant perhaps, fit him with a nice crown with President of the United States draped across his chest, offer a few autographs if that's important to you.

I'll take the one that can render a solid decision when confronted with a difficult issue, and ..... (here is the important part) .. be confident enough to follow through and commit to it. A leader who will see the need to protect our citizens when they are being beheaded overseas, instead of making a "stage appearance" relating to the modern day terrorist as merely like the Christians of the crusades. I just have trouble respecting a Commander-in-Chief who spends a good amount of time making television appearances, because he always feels the need to have his own ego stroked.
This President has done more to combat terrorism than his predecessors. And he did not have to invade a whole fucking nation to do so. Isis remains isolated in the desert of Iraq and Syria. Isis exists in large measure because of our idiotic invasion of Iraq and the decisions made by Bush to back a minority to rule that nation. This President faced the worst economic crisis in two generations and made the decisions that ended it and brought about the strongest recovery in the world. But, since he is a Democrat and a black one to boot, you cannot appreciate what he has done for this country.

So I am a racist because I'd prefer a president with a little more backbone to stand on his decisions and commit, with a little less need to have his ego stroked. That's what you feel the need to resort to, because you just can't reference and see past a person's skin color. So now you feel the came to this thread so you can stir up and show us more of your racist views, rather than simply discuss one's political positions.

So, I support Obama cause he is black but oppose Carson cause he is black. That make any sense to you?

You support Obama because he was Democrat. You hate Carson because he is running Republican and is a successful Black doctor.

Stunning ignorance by the good doctor once again. He can't let go of the slavery reference using it here and before as a reference to Obamacare and gives no quarter to those damaged by rape and incest after referring women to doctors who perform abortions and as a trustee of a foundation that donated thousand to Planned Parenthood. I hope someone can refer him to a good brain surgeon, he obviously needs one.

Dr. Ben Carson, the neurosurgeon-turned-insurgent presidential contender, compared abortion to slavery on Sunday, adding that he does not support exceptions for rape and incest when it comes to outlawing the practice.

"Think about this," he told "Meet the Press." "During slavery -- and I know that's one of those words you're not supposed to say, but I'm saying it -- during slavery, a lot of the slave owners thought that they had the right to do whatever they wanted to that slave. Anything that they chose to do. And, you know, what if the abolitionist had said, you know, 'I don't believe in slavery. I think it's wrong. But you guys do whatever you want to do'? Where would we be?"

Rising in the polls in Iowa -- with its deeply evangelical Republican caucus goers -- Carson called for overturning the Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade decision and only conceded that "there's room to discuss" an exception if the health of the mother was at stake. Below is the relevant transcript, pasted in full because his answers were often hard to tease out. . .

Ben Carson Once Again Compares Something To Slavery, This Time Abortion

it's horrifying that someone with his former intellect has gone so insane.

Another card-carrying member of the KKK.

hey psychotic, I thought we voted for president Obama BECAUSE he's black. now you say we hate carsono because he's black.

get your rightwingnut BS straight. mmkay?

But Carson is running as a Republican and he has broken your mold that Blacks simply cannot be intelligent as Obama has proven.
The scary thing is that you probably actually believe that and are not simply trolling.

Stunning ignorance by the good doctor once again. He can't let go of the slavery reference using it here and before as a reference to Obamacare and gives no quarter to those damaged by rape and incest after referring women to doctors who perform abortions and as a trustee of a foundation that donated thousand to Planned Parenthood. I hope someone can refer him to a good brain surgeon, he obviously needs one.

Dr. Ben Carson, the neurosurgeon-turned-insurgent presidential contender, compared abortion to slavery on Sunday, adding that he does not support exceptions for rape and incest when it comes to outlawing the practice.

"Think about this," he told "Meet the Press." "During slavery -- and I know that's one of those words you're not supposed to say, but I'm saying it -- during slavery, a lot of the slave owners thought that they had the right to do whatever they wanted to that slave. Anything that they chose to do. And, you know, what if the abolitionist had said, you know, 'I don't believe in slavery. I think it's wrong. But you guys do whatever you want to do'? Where would we be?"

Rising in the polls in Iowa -- with its deeply evangelical Republican caucus goers -- Carson called for overturning the Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade decision and only conceded that "there's room to discuss" an exception if the health of the mother was at stake. Below is the relevant transcript, pasted in full because his answers were often hard to tease out. . .

hey psychotic, I thought we voted for president Obama BECAUSE he's black. now you say we hate carsono because he's black.

But Carson is running as a Republican and he has broken your mold that Blacks simply cannot be intelligent as Obama has proven.
He is running as a far right Republican and I happen to be a Democrat. Those who oppose Carson do so because of his beliefs and the things he has promised to do if elected.

You support Obama because he was Democrat. You hate Carson because he is running Republican and is a successful Black doctor.[/QUOTE]

I dislike Carson because he has revealed himself as not competent to hold the job, nothing more.

Wow... the racist Carson haters are out early today.
Right. Criticize him solely on what he has said and done, with no mention of his race, and that makes the criticism racist. He says the same stupid shit as Santorum, Huckabee and Cruz and they get the same criticism.

So, how long have you been a bigot?
Have never been a bigot. How long have you been so fucking stupid as to conclude that my opposition to ideas is racist just because one of the clowns advocating those ideas happens to be black?

The scary thing is that you probably actually believe that and are not simply trolling.

Well? Aren't you fools proving it to everyone?

View attachment 53367 View attachment 53366 More specifically, though, President Obama is an especially popular figure in many parts of the world.

View attachment 53366

View attachment 53367 View attachment 53366 More specifically, though, President Obama is an especially popular figure in many parts of the world.

View attachment 53366

So, I support Obama cause he is black but oppose Carson cause he is black. That make any sense to you?

You support Obama because he was Democrat. You hate Carson because he is running Republican and is a successful Black doctor.

I think by using the word "hate" you impose the bizarre judgments the wacky right makes about democrats. I don't think anyone hates him. that's a strong emotion not warranted by the circumstances. I know given the hatred you wingers have for anyone to the left of atilla the hun, you probably can't relate to that.

but really, he simply shouldn't (and won't) be president because he's wacky.

Well? Aren't you fools proving it to everyone?

rightwingnut projection again. :cuckoo:

I dislike Carson because he has revealed himself as not competent to hold the job, nothing more.[/QUOTE]

That's the way a whole lot of Americans feel about Obama.

I think by using the word "hate" you impose the bizarre judgments the wacky right makes about democrats. I don't think anyone hates him. that's a strong emotion not warranted by the circumstances. I know given the hatred you wingers have for anyone to the left of atilla the hun, you probably can't relate to that.

Of course. You hate almost anyone that is successful or think different from you. Let's see: You hate Republicans, Conservatives, God, Christ, Christians, the Bible, veterans, active duty military, Pro-Life supporters, Big Oil, corporations, small business, the coal industry, the taxpayer, the wealthy, the self-reliant, etc.

He is running as a far right Republican and I happen to be a Democrat. Those who oppose Carson do so because of his beliefs and the things he has promised to do if elected.

Nah. You may lie to yourselves but the rest of us know you're all a bunch of racist bigots. End of story.

Nah. You may lie to yourselves but the rest of us know you're all a bunch of racist bigots. End of story.
The rest of us? So you are including who in your gathering of inbred, right wing dumb fucks?

Of course. You hate almost anyone that is successful or think different from you. Let's see: You hate Republicans, Conservatives, God, Christ, Christians, the Bible, veterans, active duty military, Pro-Life supporters, Big Oil, corporations, small business, the coal industry, the taxpayer, the wealthy, the self-reliant, etc.
You are quite the fucking moron. I have never said I hate anyone. I certianly don't hate Christians or successful people or small business people or taxpayers or the wealthy of the self reliant in that I am all of those. I don't hate Republicans. I have voted for them often. Even got invited to the inauguration of the Republican I supported for governor in my state. I also do not have any of the rest of your list. There are plenty of veterans, active duty military etc who support democrats. Carson, through his comments and his demonstrated ignorance about governance does not deserve the support of anyone, right, left or middle, who understand what governance is all about.

The rest of us? So you are including who in your gathering of inbred, right wing dumb fucks?
How true. For the "rest of us" who are desperately searching for a sane opponent for Hillary, this has been a debacle. The best outcome I've seen here is a poster who suggested Trump and Carson would ensure no candidate went into the convention with enough delegates, so it'd be a brokered convention and the gop would turn to ...... Romney.

And how many foreign leaders have to spoken to? This nation and this President are far more respected than the predecessor.

i-guffaw-audibly-until-my-buttocks-hath-become-unattached-to-my.jpg

Those of us who are adept at using the English language without resorting to hate and profanity. The civilized members of USMB. The Human Beings.

You are quite the fucking moron. I have never said I hate anyone. I certianly don't hate Christians or successful people or small business people or taxpayers or the wealthy of the self reliant in that I am all of those. I don't hate Republicans. I have voted for them often. Even got invited to the inauguration of the Republican I supported for governor in my state. I also do not have any of the rest of your list. There are plenty of veterans, active duty military etc who support democrats. Carson, through his comments and his demonstrated ignorance about governance does not deserve the support of anyone, right, left or middle, who understand what governance is all about.

I guess the truth does hurt one once I've exposed it.

View attachment 53366

View attachment 53366

Let me reiterate... I really don't see race as being this really HUGE factor in an individual, that I need to respond by calling someone a racist because that person doesn't happen to agree with my candidates policies or views. We can have a difference of opinion, but once you reduce yourself to referring to an individual's ethnic appearance, or making racist remarks, you have just completely lost the argument.

I guess the truth does hurt one once I've exposed it.
You really don't pay attention to what anyone else posted, do you? Your responses are not responsive to what I posted.

Forum List

Back