🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson refers to slaves as "immigrants"

After the slaves were freed by the good will of white men, they were free to go back to Africa. Instead they chose to remain in America. Sounds like they liked being brought to America.
The stupidity of a Trump supporter. ^

You find the truth "stupid"?
Drumpf supporters have been trained to fight the Truth ever since Drumpf started running for president. You are all good puppets now. And puppets have wooden heads.
Says the dufus who looks under the bed every night for Russians.
I do? You made that up. Thank you for proving my point about how you don't know what the Truth is.

Which is an insult specific to skin color. C'mon.

Racists come in all colors and so do "uncle tom's".

It would be a horrifying thing for anyone to say, black, white or purple.

Bottom line is that he's completely out of touch with the real world.

I don't get the outrage over this. I can clearly see what he was trying to say.

Well white liberals know everything when it comes to race...they love their Mexican slaves...uh make that illegals

If you think that only rich whites employ illegal aliens, you are a fool.

Rich blacks, rich Hispanics, rich Asians and even rich so called Native Americans employ illegal aliens.

I worker with a poor white woman who used an illegal as child care.
You reported her to ICE, right?

After the slaves were freed by the good will of white men, they were free to go back to Africa. Instead they chose to remain in America. Sounds like they liked being brought to America.

Drumpf supporters have been trained to fight the Truth ever since Drumpf started running for president. You are all good puppets now. And puppets have wooden heads.
I do? You made that up. Thank you for proving my point about how you don't know what the Truth is.

Luckily they have overused the "fake news" meme

The definition of immigrant seems to boggle the hysterical minds of liberals. Immigrant- coming from another place of residence
Er...yeah.... usually WILLINGLY. Carson is as bat shit crazy as his boss.
That does not change the FACT that any human being entering a country is an IMMIGRANT TO THAT COUNTRY.

Jeebus, how many times will the left demand we change our language to fit their ideological version of Reality?

You would think that the term "immigrant" would infer a person acting on their own, without coercion.

But no. Now that words really no longer mean anything, "immigrant" can be pretty much anything.

Holy crap, this just continues to get worse.
Simple fact; when people move from one country to another they are either immigrants or emigrants.

Whether they do it voluntarily or not is not part of that definition.

Luckily they have overused the "fake news" meme

I wonder what happened to their latest "truth"....that the Democrats didn't stand and applaud the SEAL's widow at the so-called president's speech last Tuesday.

You would think that the term "immigrant" would infer a person acting on their own, without coercion.

But no. Now that words really no longer mean anything, "immigrant" can be pretty much anything.

You are the one struggling with the real meaning of this word.

Definition of immigrant
  1. : one that immigrates: such asa : a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence

Ben Carson was NOT trying to downplay slavery.

His point, whatever it was, was something else, and that has been buried by manufactured outrage.
How did I Founders define them? As immigrants or imports?

DOn't know. Don't care. The Founders views doesn't change the reality of the situation, ie the slaves were brought here to live permanently.
You should care. It was their generation who dealt with them, and they were viewed and defined as imports. Goods.

In 1808, the international slavetrade was officially abolished.

But mostly, we bred them here. To the tune of near four million.

Nothing will wipe the stank off that.

Not as long as we have the eternal victims lobby selling the same sad old story for profit like you and other libtards.

That was over 150 years ago, for shits sake get over it!

Dufus doesn't even know what he posts.

Trump and Pence are using a familiar police tactic
Republican Senators are revolting against Mitch McConnell over his Trump-Russia coverup
ROTFLMFAO!!!...Obama warns Russia on hacking: ‘We can do stuff to you’
Republicans (ways & means committee) refuse to release Trump's tax returns over Russia investigation
The timeline of Trump's ties with Russia lines up with allegations of conspiracy and misconduct

You just couldn't wait to bring that old worn cliché up again could you. Yes, some Blacks sold captured warriors from other tribes and some sold enemies within their own tribes into slavery. Some Black slavers had the tables turned on them and were captured when they brought slaves to the White traders and were thereby sold into slavery themselves. White men found the secret of pitting Blacks against each other and learned to exploit their differences for profit.
roflmao, you say all that to essentially admit that ALL slaves were captured by other blacks?

lol, you never took a debate class, did you?

And if HOW blacks became slaves is an old worn out cliche, then what the hell do you think "I am poe cuz my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-Granpappy was a slave!" is other than the same old worn out cliche only on the other side of the coin?

You are the one struggling with the real meaning of this word.

Definition of immigrant
  1. : one that immigrates: such asa : a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence

Ben Carson was NOT trying to downplay slavery.

His point, whatever it was, was something else, and that has been buried by manufactured outrage.
How did I Founders define them? As immigrants or imports?

DOn't know. Don't care. The Founders views doesn't change the reality of the situation, ie the slaves were brought here to live permanently.
You should care. It was their generation who dealt with them, and they were viewed and defined as imports. Goods.

In 1808, the international slavetrade was officially abolished.

How does any of that relate to the current topic?

Are you tying to put so much emotion on the issue that Ben Carson NOT being more dramatic about it, becomes reason enough to attack him?

BTW, just in case that was an attempt to play on White Guilt, I want to make something clear.

5c35b1135645cb41cc31281d11779866.jpg

ANYWHO.

My point stands. The views of the Founding Fathers does not affect the historical reality of the situation or the meanings of the words in question.

Referring to slaves as immigrants is completely correct.

How would they be treated as "immigrants" when the period of slavery was over when those alive in 1865 had, for the most part, been born here......actually bred.....here?
Yep, out of the near 4 million slaves by the time of the civil war, only a teeny, tiny fraction were actually imported here.
In fact, the total number imported into the US was a couple hundred thousand, at best.
Because those slaves were DESCENDED from those immigrant slaves, dooffus.

How would they be treated as "immigrants" when the period of slavery was over when those alive in 1865 had, for the most part, been born here......actually bred.....here?
Yep, out of the near 4 million slaves by the time of the civil war, only a teeny, tiny fraction were actually imported here.
In fact, the total number imported into the US was a couple hundred thousand, at best.
Brilliant response!

:lol:

Brilliant response!

:lol:
He wants to tell us that they were going down down down...............

Simple fact; when people move from one country to another they are either immigrants or emigrants.

Whether they do it voluntarily or not is not part of that definition.
You keep up that good trumpsplainin', Pinnochio.

Forum List

Back