🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Ben Carson's Bible-Based Tax System and Other GOP Adventures In 'Biblical Economics'

Progressive gave us $18 Trillion in debt. We tried it your way and it sucks
All of a sudden GWB is a "progressive."

When Bush left office, the debt was just over $10 trillion.
At the end of Bush's last fiscal year the GOP/Reagan National debt was just under 12 trillion. That 12 trillion has racked up nearly 3 trillion in interest, so the real GOP/Reagan National debt is 15 trillion.

I won't vote for Carson, nor will I support him, because a politician shouldn't be basing the governance of the country mainly on their faith.

If you want to do politics, do politics, but leave your religion out of it, this is a democracy, not a theocracy.

Good grief.

Ben Carson's Bible-Based Tax System and Other GOP Adventures In 'Biblical Economics' -

".... “I think God is a pretty fair guy,” he said.

And he said, you know, if you give me a tithe, it doesn’t matter how much you make. If you’ve had a bumper crop, you don’t owe me triple tithes. And if you’ve had no crops at all, you don’t owe me no tithes. So there must be something inherently fair about that.

And that’s why I’ve advocated a proportional tax system. You make $10 billion, you pay a billion. You make $10, you pay one. And everybody gets treated the same way. And you get rid of the deductions, you get rid of all the loopholes, and…"""

- See more at: Ben Carson's Bible-Based Tax System and Other GOP Adventures In 'Biblical Economics'
See more at: Ben Carson's Bible-Based Tax System and Other GOP Adventures In 'Biblical Economics'

If he was a REAL Christian, he would favor New Testament biblical economics:

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need."
-- Acts 4:32-35

I love it when the Bible thumpers don't even know their own Bible.

The poor were not obligated to tithe.

Jesus believed in Limited Government.

In Matthew 22:17-21, the Pharisees asked Jesus a question: "Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not?" But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, "You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? Show me the coin used for paying the tax." They brought Him a denarius, and He asked them, "Whose portrait is this? And whose inscription?" "Caesar's," they replied. Then He said to them, "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's." In full agreement, the Apostle Paul taught, "This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor" (Romans 13:6-7).
Setting aside Carson's crazy notions about the supernatural,

he is proposing a tax hike on the poorer, and a tax cut for the richer.

Once Americans understand that, he is unelectable...

...which is not to suggest that's he not already pretty much unelectable.

This coming from the side that applauds the notion that energy prices must necessarily go up knowing full well that will impact the Poor the worst.

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need."

ROFL!

Adorable...

ROFL!

Adorable...

In all seriousness though, a real Christian knows that Jesus' Kingdom is not of this World.

ROFL!

Adorable...

In all seriousness though, a real Christian knows that Jesus' Kingdom is not of this World.

Yes, that is true. But real Christians built the US which has done more to eradicate poverty than any other entity alive or dead. And they didn't do it by casting aside common sense. They did it by living their lives within the scope of Christ's teaching, bearing the responsibilities Christ set upon his flock.

The thing about selling one's belongings and following Christ, went out the window when Christ went to be with the Father.

And that's because if everyone on earth, sold everything they owned and distributed to each as such met their need, day two would begin day one of the great world wide famine.

So, there's that... .

Progressive gave us $18 Trillion in debt. We tried it your way and it sucks
All of a sudden GWB is a "progressive."

When Bush left office, the debt was just over $10 trillion.
At the end of Bush's last fiscal year the GOP/Reagan National debt was just under 12 trillion. That 12 trillion has racked up nearly 3 trillion in interest, so the real GOP/Reagan National debt is 15 trillion.

Bullshit

I'm going to talk about Ben Carson seriously.

Ben Carson shows why the Iowa Caucus has becomes to toxic to the process. No one should take it seriously, and it hasn't picked the GOP nominee since 2000. It's dominated by religious nuts who let people like Huckabee and Santorum win, and then we get around to the real nominee.

Just bumping a thread where I predicted Ben Carson had zero chance of finishing in the top 3 for the GOP nomination and faced a lot of opposition from RWNJ's. Anyone want to continue that opposition now after the 3rd debate?

In many ways, an average tax rate between15 to 25% should be more than sufficient to run a country and keep it out of debt.

Our problem is how we run our government. There are inefficiencies, programs and projects that are excessively expensive.

Come to think about it, there should be at least one citizen watchdog group against government waste. Do anybody know its name?

Forum List

Back