Benghazi: What if the narrative doesn't equal the truth?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I'm just asking a philospohical question. What if the running theme about what is being said about benghazi isn't the same thing that is in the official report or what actually happened. What would we be talking about and would their be much of a point of basing our national policy on it?

Unfortunately being an incompetent stupid shit and a liar isn't against the law so Hillary is in the clear on Benghazi. Look Bill survived humping an intern in the White House cheating on Hillary and then lied about it, he threw the intern under the bus and only came clean after the intern produced DNA evidence and he survived that. Benghazi is small potatoes in comparison.

Its the laws Hillary broke with her email server fiasco that has her in hot water. You break those laws and saying "I was stupid sorry" doesn't get you out of hot water. That investigation is spilling over into the Clinton Foundation which is starting to smell rank. Bill Clinton just happens to initiate a 30 meeting private meeting with the AG, just before the State Dept requests a 27 month delay in releasing emails from Hillary's top aids related to the foundation?

The question is, given a choice does the Democratic party really want the drama of having their candidate under FBI investigations and Judicial Watch FOIA requests before the candidate is even elected? This must be deja vu for their party again with the Clinton's drama. :laugh:

I'm just asking a philospohical question. What if the running theme about what is being said about benghazi isn't the same thing that is in the official report or what actually happened. What would we be talking about and would their be much of a point of basing our national policy on it?
What if there were unicorns flying around? THEN what would we be talking about?!

If anyone thought an investigation by one Govt. entity would find fault with another Govt. entity then they are truly stupid.

The whole investigation was a GOP hit job to draw attention to Hitlery and the administrations failures.

Nothing was going to come of the investigation and unlike some I don't need an investigation to know incompetence when I see it.

If anyone thought an investigation by one Govt. entity would find fault with another Govt. entity then they are truly stupid.

The whole investigation was a GOP hit job to draw attention to Hitlery and the administrations failures.

Nothing was going to come of the investigation and unlike some I don't need an investigation to know incompetence when I see it.

What difference does it make if it was a GOP hit job? I would think that the true account of those events would remain true from the time it happen to the end. The narrative(s) around them might change but the facts of the event should always remain the same so if Hillary screwed up as the GOP allege then that is the truth and if the truth is that she didn't then that is also the truth. What difference does it make to the truth if it was a GOP hit job?

I think Benghazi epitomizes the hypocrisy of the pseudo conservatives. Quite a few of our diplomatic missions were attacked during the Bush Administration, and many dozens more people were killed than were killed at Benghazi. I didn't see or hear any of the usual right wing propaganda outlets screaming for years on end about those attacks and those deaths. I didn't see or hear any Republicans holding hearing after hearing after hearing, year after year after year.

People die during every Administration. What will happen after people die during a terror attack during the next Administration and a Republican happens to be President?

I'll tell you what will happen. You can absolutely count on the same pseudo cons doing mental leaps and twists to explain how this time is different and doesn't count.

Benghazi was a tragedy. Shit like this happens. But to stand on the bodies of the dead and stomp on them to make political hay is about as sick as it gets.

I would bet you if you went to the Republican convention this year and asked 100 people what they thought about Benghazi, they would all foam at the mouth and rant and rave. And I bet if you then asked all 100 of them what the names of the Four Dead Americans™ are, not one of them would be able to name them. And only half would be able to recall Ambassador Stevens's name.

What difference does it make if it was a GOP hit job? I would think that the true account of those events would remain true from the time it happen to the end. The narrative(s) around them might change but the facts of the event should always remain the same so if Hillary screwed up as the GOP allege then that is the truth and if the truth is that she didn't then that is also the truth. What difference does it make to the truth if it was a GOP hit job?
Super, your post makes a lot of sense. The problem seems to be that, like Pilate, the question is: What is truth? Do any of us really really care about the 'truth'? Or do we want a narrative that fits our agenda? How many times have investigations on this issue been offered. And how any times has the conclusion been unacceptable to enough people to re-open it?

It shows that the objective by the GOP from the very beginning was not the truth- but finding something to use against Clinton.

Compare and contrast to 30 years ago when 220 U.S. Marines died in Lebanon while Reagan was President.

After a 2 month investigation by the Democratic led Congress- they produced an honest report not based upon trying to influence elections

There were more than enough opportunities to lay blame for the horrific losses at high U.S. officials’ feet. But unlike today’s Congress, congressmen did not talk of impeaching Ronald Reagan, who was then President, nor were any subpoenas sent to cabinet members. This was true even though then, as now, the opposition party controlled the majority in the House. Tip O’Neill, the Democratic Speaker of the House, was no pushover. He, like today’s opposition leaders in the House, demanded an investigation—but a real one, and only one. Instead of playing it for political points, a House committee undertook a serious investigation into what went wrong at the barracks in Beirut. Two months later, it issued a report finding “very serious errors in judgment” by officers on the ground, as well as responsibility up through the military chain of command, and called for better security measures against terrorism in U.S. government installations throughout the world.

In other words, Congress actually undertook a useful investigation and made helpful recommendations. The report’s findings, by the way, were bipartisan. (The Pentagon, too, launched an investigation, issuing a report that was widely accepted by both parties.)

Forum List

Back