Bergdahl Should Be Awarded POW Medal, Purple Heart

The army has probably handled hundreds of cases similar to this, but because it has become political, not military, there are those that believe it should be handled in a political manner. The army screwed up as it is prone to do and should never have taken Bergie, and once taken, never put in a combat situation, that's the crime.

Blah... blah... blah... endless phukking blah...

Your Honor, the Defense rests.

Your concession is duly noted. Too bad you won't learn from it and become a decent human being.
Blah... blah... blah... endless phukking blah...

the sad thing about you is how misdirected your anger is...
Yes, yes, yes... very nice, I'm sure... thank you for your feedback...
75_75.gif

===========================================================

Now, on with the show...

Desert your post in time of war...

Suffer the consequences, at law.

The military legal system is doing exactly what it should be doing.

If Bergdahl is found innocent, by fact or by virtue of extenuating circumstances, then we're done here.

If Bergdahl is found guilty, he should suffer the consequences of his actions.

The only thing the traitor deserves is to be shot.

Back to the OP's message...Bergdahl was imbalanced and off-kilter to begin with and the military knew that. Then he was sent to a war zone. What could go wrong? I am a military brat, and I understand all the sacrifices that military people make. But this guy has already suffered for his mistakes, will continue to suffer, and should, but let's remember that he can't help his mental health issues. To say he should be shot is extreme. I'll bet sassyirishlass considers herself a good Christian.

Now, on with the show...

Desert your post in time of war...

Suffer the consequences, at law.

The military legal system is doing exactly what it should be doing.

If Bergdahl is found innocent, by fact or by virtue of extenuating circumstances, then we're done here.

If Bergdahl is found guilty, he should suffer the consequences of his actions.

No, the military needs to be held accountable for it's misconduct.

Misconduct #1 - Enlisting Bergdahl DESPITE the fact that he had serious mental problems.
Misconduct #2 - Pumping him and his fellow soldiers full of stimulants to keep them alert because they went in with inadequate forces.
Misconduct #3 - Lying to the American people and the government about the circumstances of Bergdahl's disappearance for years.

And I do want to hit on #3. The Army did not list Bergdahl as a deserter or AWOL when he disappeared. They listed him as a POW. They put out a cover story that he had been captured while on patrol. They continued to promote him while he was in captivity, even though he had not completed the required NCODP courses. And yes, the Army even had his fellow soldiers sign non-disclosure forms to not talk about this. (The Army, not Obama).

Now, I realize you are a really spiteful person who just hates Bergdahl because the Negro got him out of captivity, but frankly, we should be looking at the people really responsible for this fiasco and holding them to account.

Not some mentally ill kid who had no business being in a war zone to start with.

The only thing the traitor deserves is to be shot.

Back to the OP's message...Bergdahl was imbalanced and off-kilter to begin with and the military knew that. Then he was sent to a war zone. What could go wrong? I am a military brat, and I understand all the sacrifices that military people make. But this guy has already suffered for his mistakes, will continue to suffer, and should, but let's remember that he can't help his mental health issues. To say he should be shot is extreme. I'll bet sassyirishlass considers herself a good Christian.

I'm a military brat also, I also lost my best friend in Iraq....he didn't run. Now sit down and shut your hole

I'm a military brat also, I also lost my best friend in Iraq....he didn't run. Now sit down and shut your hole

So you are angry at the guy who cracked up in another country under pressure and not the lying sack of shit who sent your friend into Iraq on a lie to start with?

You know... this guy.

Bush.goofy.jpg

Nice to see you have your priorities straight, FatIrishSow.

...Now, I realize you are a really spiteful person who just hates Bergdahl because the Negro got him out of captivity...
I suggest you visit your family physician and have your meds reevaluated with an eye towards upping the dosage.

...we should be looking at the people really responsible for this fiasco and holding them to account...
We are, indeed, looking at the people responsible.

We are, indeed, looking at the soldier who deserted his post in time of war.

= ...Not some mentally ill kid who had no business being in a war zone to start with.
If he was mentally ill, and not resonsible for his actions, then the General Court Martial and/or the Appellate Process will give us that answer.

He left his post putting his fellow soldiers at risk. As far as what CID found his fellow soldiers tell a different story,
I'll take their word over a Sgt. Maj. who more likely didn't know much about Bergdahl in the first place.
Outraged by Bergdahl case, fellow soldiers break secrecy pledge to tell story

Seems to me the guy suffered enough being held by the Taliban for five years. I'm not getting why you guys are being so malicious. Oh, that's right. His parents appeared with the Negro.

That was it.
He was a voluntary prisoner dumb fuck

If (a) he deserted his post in time of war and (b) others died trying to find or retrieve him, then, (c) he deserves a firing squad or a rope.

another guy who doesn't have a DD214 telling us how the military should work.

Okay, first and foremost, there's no evidence that anyone died looking for him. Even the Army isn't making That claim.

Second, there is sketchy evidence that he "deserted". The army did not list him as a deserter at the time he left.
He obviously was a spineless coward dumb fuck

As someone who was married to a Black women and has mixed race kids I find your comment disgusting. I see this from the perspective of one who has served in the military. One of the first things we learn in basic is our General Orders. Guess what the first one deals with?

Well, maybe some day you'll face your racism.

Beyond that, no one was all hot and bothered to punish this guy until Obama rescued him.
The Right thing to do was let that coward rot in that little cage he was in since he is the one who wanted to be there dumb fuck

No answer, just cry racism and run away Lib argument 101. Most people didn't know who Bergdhal was until the Obama administration traded 5 Taliban fighters for him. His fellow soldiers were made to sign non-discloser agreements pertaining to his disappearance. and only came forward after the dog and pony show that tried to make Bergdhal look like a victim and a hero.

You can be a cheerleader for the President all you want. The soldiers on the ground call him a deserter, I take their word for it.

Here's the problem with that argument. When you say, "the soldiers", the guy who has made the most noise about Bergdahl is a yardbird know as Josh Korder. Korder himself was discharged from the Army under "other than honorable" circumstances. So I am not as inclined to take his "word for it".

Soldier Trashing Bergdahl Received "Other Than Honorable" Discharge

Now, that said, I don't know about "most people", but here's the thing, before Obama made the deal to get Bergdahl back, Republicans were SCREAMING that he wasn't doing enough to free this poor man.

Here's a sampling of what Republicans Said BEFORE the Black guy got Bergdahl released. Spoiler alert. None of it was "Fuck him, he's a traitor!"

http://thedailybanter.com/2014/06/republicans-sgt-bergdahl-now/

Todd and I are praying for Private First Class Bowe Bergdahl, his family, and all of his fellow soldiers who are putting their lives on the line to defend our freedom and protect democracy abroad,” Governor Palin said. “The capture of Private Bergdahl and the bombings in Jakarta prove that we have not defeated terrorism, and that radical extremists will stop at nothing to attack Westerners and our ideals."- Sarah Palin

"Then there is Army SGT Bowe Bergdahl still held by the Islamic terrorist Haqqani network, probably in Pakistan, in the same place where Osama Bin Laden was hiding. This past POW/MIA national day of recognition, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel reiterated a pledge to secure the young Army NCO being held captive, but have there been any actions? Any time, attention, or even mention from the Commander-in-Chief? Nah, no camera highlights in it for him." - Alan West

"I would support. Obviously I’d have to know the details, but I would support ways of bringing him home, and if exchange was one of them, I think that would be something I think we should seriously consider." - John McCain

"As part of ongoing efforts to urge the Department of Defense to do all it can to find Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl and bring him home safely, Senator Ayotte worked successfully to include a provision in the bill that presses Pakistan to fully cooperate in the search for SGT Bergdahl."- Kelly Ayotte

"My prayers are with the family of Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl, the U.S. soldier seen on the Taliban abduction video released this weekend. The Jawa Report has the full clip. All Americans should hope and pray for his release from jihadi custody." - Michelle Mail Order Bride From Hell Malkin

so when Bergdahl not being freed was something they could use against Obama, they did. And when Obama got him freed, then Bergdahl became the worst traitor since Judas Iscariot.

You know, instead of what he actually was, a kid who never should have been enlisted because he had mental problems and cracked up in a war zone.
That is why he's in hiding because he's a coward and he knows it - he can't even walk down the street. Dumb fuck

If (a) he deserted his post in time of war and (b) others died trying to find or retrieve him, then, (c) he deserves a firing squad or a rope.

another guy who doesn't have a DD214 telling us how the military should work...
Wrong, Buffalo Breath... I've got mine.

...Okay, first and foremost, there's no evidence that anyone died looking for him. Even the Army isn't making That claim...
That's what the trial will tell us.

...Second, there is sketchy evidence that he "deserted". The army did not list him as a deserter at the time he left.
That's what the trial will tell us.

I think what the trial will tell us is that the Army had a mentally ill boy they put into a war zone, and due to poor discipline and lowered standards, he cracked up. This is why the people investigating it said, 'Let's bury this, it'll just make us look bad."
appeaser

If he's proven to be off his rocker - or that he was at the time - then, of course, he gets a pass, although I'd still consider a DD.

So he should be denied medical care for injuries suffered in captivity because the Army fucked up and enlisted him despite the fact the Coast Guard has discharged him for psychological reasons? Seems to me that the army had a moral obligation when it lowered its own standards to take him to start with.

I don't blame Bergdahl. Bergdahl never should have been enlisted. He should have washed out in boot camp, but by 2009, with no one enlisting in "The War on an Emotional State" and not letting anyone out no matter how unsuitable they turned out to be.

So then you get Chelsea...er Bradley Manning having access to classified documents.

And Bowe Bergdahl thinking he's in an action movie instead of a war.

And Nidal Hasan shooting up Fort Hood after begging for a discharge.
Appeaser

So you are angry at the guy who cracked up in another country under pressure and not the lying sack of shit who sent your friend into Iraq on a lie to start with?

You know... this guy.

Bush.goofy.jpg

Nice to see you have your priorities straight, FatIrishSow.
Tissue?

The spineless fucker should be sent to Iran where he belongs, and his parents...

Forum List

Back