Bergdahl Should Be Awarded POW Medal, Purple Heart

Does one single one of you know what's contained in the UCMJ? or how the military judicial system is supposed to work?

You keep running off your mouths and miss the entire point of the OP or what the discussion SHOULD be all about.

The Army WILL couts-martial Bergdahl in spite of political pressure from Obama's administration.

After they convict the traitor and send him to Leavenworth they need to court martial the A-holes who promoted him after the deserted his post.

After they convict the traitor and send him to Leavenworth they need to court martial the A-holes who promoted him after the deserted his post.

You clearly have no idea what military rules and regulations are. So, why don't you just butt out before someone proves you to be the hot air balloon you are?

No answer, just cry racism and run away Lib argument 101. Most people didn't know who Bergdhal was until the Obama administration traded 5 Taliban fighters for him. His fellow soldiers were made to sign non-discloser agreements pertaining to his disappearance. and only came forward after the dog and pony show that tried to make Bergdhal look like a victim and a hero.

You can be a cheerleader for the President all you want. The soldiers on the ground call him a deserter, I take their word for it.

Here's the problem with that argument. When you say, "the soldiers", the guy who has made the most noise about Bergdahl is a yardbird know as Josh Korder. Korder himself was discharged from the Army under "other than honorable" circumstances. So I am not as inclined to take his "word for it".

Soldier Trashing Bergdahl Received "Other Than Honorable" Discharge

Now, that said, I don't know about "most people", but here's the thing, before Obama made the deal to get Bergdahl back, Republicans were SCREAMING that he wasn't doing enough to free this poor man.

Here's a sampling of what Republicans Said BEFORE the Black guy got Bergdahl released. Spoiler alert. None of it was "Fuck him, he's a traitor!"

http://thedailybanter.com/2014/06/republicans-sgt-bergdahl-now/

Todd and I are praying for Private First Class Bowe Bergdahl, his family, and all of his fellow soldiers who are putting their lives on the line to defend our freedom and protect democracy abroad,” Governor Palin said. “The capture of Private Bergdahl and the bombings in Jakarta prove that we have not defeated terrorism, and that radical extremists will stop at nothing to attack Westerners and our ideals."- Sarah Palin

"Then there is Army SGT Bowe Bergdahl still held by the Islamic terrorist Haqqani network, probably in Pakistan, in the same place where Osama Bin Laden was hiding. This past POW/MIA national day of recognition, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel reiterated a pledge to secure the young Army NCO being held captive, but have there been any actions? Any time, attention, or even mention from the Commander-in-Chief? Nah, no camera highlights in it for him." - Alan West

"I would support. Obviously I’d have to know the details, but I would support ways of bringing him home, and if exchange was one of them, I think that would be something I think we should seriously consider." - John McCain

"As part of ongoing efforts to urge the Department of Defense to do all it can to find Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl and bring him home safely, Senator Ayotte worked successfully to include a provision in the bill that presses Pakistan to fully cooperate in the search for SGT Bergdahl."- Kelly Ayotte

"My prayers are with the family of Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl, the U.S. soldier seen on the Taliban abduction video released this weekend. The Jawa Report has the full clip. All Americans should hope and pray for his release from jihadi custody." - Michelle Mail Order Bride From Hell Malkin

so when Bergdahl not being freed was something they could use against Obama, they did. And when Obama got him freed, then Bergdahl became the worst traitor since Judas Iscariot.

You know, instead of what he actually was, a kid who never should have been enlisted because he had mental problems and cracked up in a war zone.
More than one of his fellow soldiers are telling the tale and I don't give a shit about what Republicans .Democrats. or the brass are saying. I care about what the troops are saying. I don't play fucking politics when it comes to soldiers and I don't give a shit how crazy you are you don't put your brothers and sisters in harms way by leaving your post.

If he was mentally ill, and not resonsible for his actions, then the General Court Martial and/or the Appellate Process will give us that answer.

NOt really. Have the people who ignored the fact that Nidel Hasan was a madman been held to account yet? The military SUCKS at holding people to account. Accountability in the military is "The shit rolls downhill". or "Make sure that doesn't get anywhere near 'Officer Country'."

If you actually had a DD214, you'd know this.

Does one single one of you know what's contained in the UCMJ? or how the military judicial system is supposed to work?

You keep running off your mouths and miss the entire point of the OP or what the discussion SHOULD be all about.

The Army WILL couts-martial Bergdahl in spite of political pressure from Obama's administration.

If they try it, Obama should pardon him and then blackball every officer involved.

This discussion is about how a mentally ill man is being made a scapegoat for the Army's ineptitude. IT's an injustice and you know it.

More than one of his fellow soldiers are telling the tale and I don't give a shit about what Republicans .Democrats. or the brass are saying. I care about what the troops are saying. I don't play fucking politics when it comes to soldiers and I don't give a shit how crazy you are you don't put your brothers and sisters in harms way by leaving your post.

I wouldn't put much faith in what his fellow soldiers say, as his unit sounded like it was pretty shitty. They clearly were not looking out for their teammate if he was that disturbed and they did nothing about it.

Also, no one has proven he put anyone but himself in harms way by leaving his post.

If he was mentally ill, and not resonsible for his actions, then the General Court Martial and/or the Appellate Process will give us that answer.

NOt really. Have the people who ignored the fact that Nidel Hasan was a madman been held to account yet? The military SUCKS at holding people to account. Accountability in the military is "The shit rolls downhill". or "Make sure that doesn't get anywhere near 'Officer Country'."

If you actually had a DD214, you'd know this.
The only person I'm interested in holding to account is accused US Army deserter Bowe Bergdahl.

I'm perfectly content to let Military Justice have its way with him.

----------------

As to your accusation that I don't have a DD-214, well, think what you like... I know the truth of it (that I have one).

If they try it, Obama should pardon him and then blackball every officer involved.

This discussion is about how a mentally ill man is being made a scapegoat for the Army's ineptitude. IT's an injustice and you know it.
OMG... somebody get a bucket and a crying towel... the Bleeding Hearts Club is at it again...

OMG... somebody get a bucket and a crying towel... the Bleeding Hearts Club is at it again...

No, it's a sense of practicality. Bergdahl never should have gotten anywhere near a war zone to start with.

His being there in his mentally unstable state put his unit in danger.

The problem was, someone saw that the USCG had discharged him for psych reasons, which should have permanently disqualifed him from enlisting in any other service. but the army put him in a war zone anyway. Then they failed to notice he was cracking up. Then they LIED about the circumstances of his capture and continued to lie for years about it. The furthered the coverup by awarding him medals and promotions he didn't merit on the theory they'd never see that guy alive again.

But again, for people like you, this isn't about the good of the military. This is about taking something the Evil Negro did and pissing on it.

The only person I'm interested in holding to account is accused US Army deserter Bowe Bergdahl.

I'm perfectly content to let Military Justice have its way with him.

Of course you are. The minute his mommy and daddy appeared with the evil Negro, you were ready to crucify him. We get that.
The only person bringing (or even thinking) about race in connection with this is you... never even crossed my mind... irrelevant.

Save your worn-out Race Card plays for when you really need them, eh?

I wouldn't put much faith in what his fellow soldiers say, as his unit sounded like it was pretty shitty. They clearly were not looking out for their teammate if he was that disturbed and they did nothing about it.

Also, no one has proven he put anyone but himself in harms way by leaving his post.
I see so leaving your post doesn't put anyone in jepordy, in a combat zone? I have to ask what is your military experience?

I see so leaving your post doesn't put anyone in jepordy, in a combat zone? I have to ask what is your military experience?

11 years in the army as a supply NCO with an infantry unit. And what I found in that year is you kept every bit of paperwork, because if the fucking officers could dump their fuckups on an enlisted man, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

Which is pretty much what happened here. The Army fucked up by lowering their standards to enlist this guy. The army fucked up by LYING about the circumstances of his capture.

But, anyway, you guys keep trying to make this guy into something he isn't, because you hate him soooooo much after mommy and daddy appeared with the evil negro.

We get that.

You totally forget you were all SCREAMING to get him back when he was a prisoner. Once he became something Obama could point to as an accomplishment, HE NEEDS TO DIE!!!!

The only person bringing (or even thinking) about race in connection with this is you... never even crossed my mind... irrelevant.

Guy, when it comes to Obama, you guys are printing race cards like Las vegas needs them. Obama has made you guys completely lose your shit.

Guy, when it comes to Obama, you guys are printing race cards like Las vegas needs them. Obama has made you guys completely lose your shit.
Given that I voted for Obumble in both 2008 and 2012, I have no idea what you're talking about.

But I'm comforted by the idea that YOU have no idea what you're talking about, in this context, either, so, I am content.
tongue_smile.gif

Forum List

Back