• Zaxbys

• Churchs

• Popeyes

• Chick fil a

• Buffalo Wild Wings

• Wendy's

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
It’s got to be the Pioneer chicken stand...

Well, I pawned my Smith Corona
And I went to meet my man
He hangs out down on Alvarado Street
By the Pioneer chicken stand

Do you by any chance use corn starch in your breading?

Yes and after breading, place in refrigerator for 8 to 10 hours till breading is soaked up by the bird (skin)...

Use to call my wings "Chin Dribblers"... Bite down and the juice just follows gravity... Its like you have a hole in your bottom lip...

I miss KFC. Ours in this coastal town of close to 10,000 residents, closed many years ago. I don't know why. I seldom go to fast food places and hadn't tried the KFC here but I do remember the days in Northern CA when I would go to KFC once or twice a year and loved their chicken and biscuits and coleslaw and kind of, sort of, the mashed potatoes and gravy although they were a little watery. lol. I liked the original better than the extra crispy which was twice as fattening as it is fried twice. :puke:

These days, the only fried chicken is in the supermarket and it is fresh and good but not much meat on those bones since they ditched the best chicken for lesser tasting ones with less meat. They also have baked and once in a while I will buy a couple of thighs and devour them. I do love fried chicken though and am glad KFC is no longer here. That would be very tempting. Um, um, good....those biscuits, too! :yes_text12:

Last edited:
I like El Pollo chicken here in the west. Traveled all over so far El Pollo still the best in my taste.

I also like Max Chicken authentic Philippine cuisine served at Max restaurant all over US.

I go to Chicken Express once a month. I think it's more so because they have fried okra with their chicken.

Tried Popeyes once, didn't like their chicken. Not sure about the rest. I guess I'm biased.

Forum List

Back