BIBLE Prophecy about THE JEWS is proof the BIBLE is TRUE!!

GISMYS

VIP Member
Mar 4, 2013
BIBLE Prophecy about THE JEWS is proof the BIBLE is TRUE!!==Abraham was promised the land of Israel as a possession forever along with his descendant (Genesis 13:14-15) and David was told that his descendent would sit on his throne in Jerusalem forever (2 Samuel 7:12-13). The New Testament then opens with the words "…Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham" (Matthew 1:1). The Bible is full of references to the time when Jesus Christ has returned to Earth (often called "The Second Coming") and established the Kingdom. This is God's purpose and as a witness to this purpose He selected His chosen people: the Jews. Isaiah the prophet records the following words about God's chosen people the Jews:

"All the nations gather together, and the people assemble. Who among them can declare this, and show us the former things? Let them bring their witnesses to prove them right, and let them hear and say, It is true. "You are my witnesses", declares the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me. I, I am the LORD, and beside me there is no savior. I declared and saved and proclaimed, when there was no strange god among you; and you are my witnesses, declares the LORD" (Isaiah 43:9-12)

BIBLE Prophecy about THE JEWS is proof the BIBLE is TRUE!! ==Having rejected their Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ, God caused the Roman armies to come against Jerusalem in AD 70. The Romans destroyed the Jewish temple and later razed the city to the ground. The effect of this utter devastation was to scatter the Jews into every corner of the globe. Today we still have Jews living in almost every country in the world. This is exactly as God had said would happen. In Deuteronomy 28 we have reference to a siege against the Jewish people:

"The LORD will bring a nation against you from far away, from the end of the earth, swooping down like the eagle, a nation whose language you do not understand… They shall besiege you in all your towns, until your high and fortified walls, in which you trusted, come down throughout all your land, which the LORD your God has given you. And you shall eat the fruit of your womb, the flesh of your sons and daughters, whom the LORD your God has given you, in the siege and in the distress with which your enemies shall distress you." (verses 49, 52-53)

History book confirm the terror of the siege against Jerusalem in which the Jews were reduced to such depths of hunger and anguish that some even ate their own sons and daughters to keep alive. The chapter goes on to say:

"And the LORD will scatter you among all peoples, from one end of the earth to the other, and there you shall serve other gods of wood and stone, which neither you nor your fathers have known. And among these nations you shall find no respite, and there shall be no resting place for the sole of your foot, but the LORD will give you there a trembling heart and failing eyes and a languishing soul. Your life shall hang in doubt before you. Night and day you shall be in dread and have no assurance of your life. In the morning you shall say, 'If only it were evening!' and at evening you shall say, 'If only it were morning!' because of the dread that your heart shall feel, and the sights that your eyes shall see." (verses 64-66)

These words have come to pass to the letter throughout the centuries since AD 70. For almost 2,000 years the Jews have been scattered all over the world and also persecuted. The words "you life shall hang in doubt before you" has been fulfilled again and again in European history, culminating in the horrors of the Nazi Death Camps during the Second World War. But the Jews have suffered elsewhere too and anti-Semitism has been seen in many countries around the world.

Here are some more words about the time when the Jews have been in dispersion, this time concerning the land of Israel itself:

"And I myself will devastate the land, so that your enemies who settle in it shall be appalled at it. And I will scatter you among the nations, and I will unsheathe the sword after you, and your land shall be a desolation, and your cities shall be a waste. Then shall the land enjoy its Sabbaths as long as it lies desolate, while you are in your enemies' land; then the land shall rest, and enjoy its Sabbaths. As long as it lies desolate it shall have rest ..." (Leviticus 26:32-35)

Notice the words here "and I myself will devastate it". For the point of view of human history it was the Roman armies and those who came after who devastated the land. But it happened in accordance with God's will and purpose so God says He did it - He is in control and His word surely comes to pass.

BIBLE Prophecy about THE JEWS is proof the BIBLE is TRUE!!==The land, commonly known as Palestine after the scattering of the Jews, was ruled over by a succession of foreign powers. The Ottoman Turks, who ruled this area from the year 1516 to 1917, regarded it as part of Southern Syria. For centuries, as the prophecy said, the land was desolate, under populated and economically stagnant. This is what one famous traveler said of the land when he visited it:

"... a desolate country whose soil is rich enough, but is given over wholly to weeds - a silent mournful expanse… A desolation is here that not even imagination can grace with the pomp of life and action… We never saw a human being on the whole route… There was hardly a tree or a shrub anywhere. Even the olive and the cactus, those fast friends of a worthless soil, had almost deserted the country" (Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad, or The New Pilgrim's Progress (1869))

But that wasn't the end of the Jewish people. Despite being scattered all over the world and suffering persecution for centuries the Bible predicted their return to the land of Israel. We might refer to this as the resurrection of Israel because it brought back the nation from the dead. In fact Bible prophecy refers to it in just this way in Ezekiel 37 where the prophet sees a valley of dry bones which come together to form a body that begins to live again. We are told that these bones represent "the whole house of Israel" (verse 11) that would be resurrected:

"Therefore prophesy, and say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD; Behold, I will open your graves, O my people. And I will bring you into the land of Israel" (verse 12)

This was an amazing statement by Ezekiel, speaking of the national resurrection of the people of Israel. For almost two thousand years the likelihood of this happening was almost non-existent. It would be like saying that the ancient Babylonians are to be restored to their land and empire. But how many Babylonians do you know today? But that is part of the miracle of Israel: their very existence as an identifiable people despite centuries of dispersion and persecution in which men have tried to wipe them off the face of the earth.

Here are some more verses that predicted the return of the Jews to their land:

"Therefore say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: I will gather you from the peoples and assemble you out of the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel." (Ezekiel 11:17)

"Then fear not, O Jacob my servant, declares the LORD, nor be dismayed, O Israel; for behold, I will save you from far away, and your offspring from the land of their captivity. Jacob shall return and have quiet and ease, and none shall make him afraid. For I am with you to save you, declares the LORD; I will make a full end of all the nations among whom I scattered you, but of you I will not make a full end." (Jeremiah 30:10-11)

BIBLE Prophecy about THE JEWS is proof the BIBLE is TRUE!==These are amazing words. To those who read those words throughout the centuries when the Jews were dispersed to every corner of the globe it was impossible. No Jews lived in the land of then called Palestine. It was a deserted wilderness ruled over by the Ottoman Turks. The Jews were scattered all over the world and persecuted. There was never any chance that they would return to the land. But it happened. In 1948, after almost two thousand years - think about that, two thousand years - in dispersion and suffering so much the nation of Israel was once more a reality in the earth. You see, with God the humanly impossible comes to pass because He said it will and His prophetic word is infallible. I am God and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, 'My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,'… I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed, and I will do it" (Isaiah 46:9-11)

By looking at Bible prophecy we can establish whether or not God exists. If He exists then the predictions he has made will come to pass. But more than that: if we understand from Bible prophecy that God is true to His word then we can have faith that the predictions He has made that have not yet come to pass will come to pass. Ultimately that means that what God has promised to those who will listen to Him are sure and certain. God has a plan: He has said that He will send Jesus Christ to the earth again to set up a Kingdom that will last for ever. You have seen the evidence that God is true to His Word. He scattered Israel but has brought them back to their land as He promised. Are you willing to put your trust in the God of Israel, the God of the Bible?
RM.

The Lord God says to Gog(RUSSIA): “When my people are living in peace in their land, then you will rouse yourself. 15-16 You will come from all over the north with your vast host of cavalry and cover the land like a cloud. This will happen in the distant future—in the latter years of history. I will bring you against my land, and my holiness will be vindicated in your terrible destruction before their eyes, so that all the nations will know that I am God.”

17 The Lord God says: “You are the one I spoke of long ago through the prophets of Israel, saying that after many years had passed, I would bring you against my people. 18 But when you come to destroy the land of Israel, my fury will rise! 19 For in my jealousy and blazing wrath, I promise a mighty shaking in the land of Israel on that day. 20 All living things shall quake in terror at my presence; mountains shall be thrown down; cliffs shall tumble; walls shall crumble to the earth. 21 I will summon every kind of terror against you,” says the Lord God, “and you will fight against yourselves in mortal combat! 22 I will fight you with sword, disease, torrential floods, great hailstones, fire, and brimstone! 23 Thus will I show my greatness and bring honor upon my name, and all the nations of the world will hear what I have done and know that I am God!
EZEKIEL 38:15-23

BIBLE Prophecy about THE JEWS is proof the BIBLE is TRUE==“Son of dust, prophesy this also against Gog(RUSSIA). Tell him:

“‘I stand against you, Gog, leader of Meshech and Tubal. 2 I will turn you and drive you toward the mountains of Israel, bringing you from the distant north. And I will destroy 85 percent of your army[a] in the mountains. 3 I will knock your weapons from your hands and leave you helpless. 4 You and all your vast armies will die upon the mountains. I will give you to the vultures and wild animals to devour you. 5 You will never reach the cities—you will fall upon the open fields; for I have spoken, the Lord God says. 6 And I will rain down fire on Magog and on all your allies who live safely on the coasts, and they shall know I am the Lord.

7 “‘Thus I will make known my holy name among my people Israel; I will not let it be mocked at anymore. And the nations, too, shall know I am the Lord, the Holy One of Israel. 8 That day of judgment will come; everything will happen just as I have declared it.

9 “‘The people of the cities of Israel will go out and pick up your shields and bucklers, bows and arrows, javelins and spears, to use for fuel—enough to last them seven years. 10 For seven years they will need nothing else for their fires. They won’t cut wood from the fields or forests, for these weapons will give them all they need. They will use the possessions of those who abused them.

11 “‘And I will make a vast graveyard for Gog and his armies in the Valley of the Travelers, east of the Dead Sea. It will block the path of the travelers. There Gog and all his armies will be buried. And they will change the name of the place to “The Valley of Gog’s Army.” 12 It will take seven months for the people of Israel to bury the bodies. 13 Everyone in Israel will help, for it will be a glorious victory for Israel on that day when I demonstrate my glory, says the Lord. 14 At the end of the seven months, they will appoint men to search the land systematically for any skeletons left and bury them, so that the land will be cleansed. 15-16 Whenever anyone sees some bones, he will put up a marker beside them so that the buriers will see them and take them to the Valley of Gog’s Army to bury them. A city named “Multitude” is there! And so the land will finally be cleansed.’

17 “And now, son of dust, call all the birds and animals and say to them: ‘Gather together for a mighty sacrificial feast. Come from far and near to the mountains of Israel. Come, eat the flesh and drink the blood! 18 Eat the flesh of mighty men and drink the blood of princes—they are the rams, the lambs, the goats, and the fat young bulls of Bashan for my feast! 19 Gorge yourselves with flesh until you are glutted, drink blood until you are drunk; this is the sacrificial feast I have prepared for you. 20 Feast at my banquet table—feast on horses, riders, and valiant warriors, says the Lord God.’

21 “Thus I will demonstrate my glory among the nations; all shall see the punishment of Gog and know that I have done it. 22 And from that time onward the people of Israel will know I am the Lord their God. 23 And the nations will know why Israel was sent away to exile—it was punishment for sin, for they acted in treachery against their God. Therefore, I turned my face away from them and let their enemies destroy them. 24 I turned my face away and punished them in proportion to the vileness of their sins.

25 “But now,” the Lord God says, “I will end the captivity of my people and have mercy upon them and restore their fortunes, for I am concerned about my reputation! 26 Their time of treachery and shame will all be in the past; they will be home again, in peace and safety in their own land, with no one bothering them or making them afraid. 27 I will bring them home from the lands of their enemies—and my glory shall be evident to all the nations when I do it. Through them I will vindicate my holiness before the nations. 28 Then my people will know I am the Lord their God—responsible for sending them away to exile, and responsible for bringing them home. I will leave none of them remaining among the nations. 29 And I will never hide my face from them again, for I will pour out my Spirit upon them,” says the Lord God.
EZEKIEL 39

BIBLE Prophecy about THE JEWS is proof the BIBLE is TRUE!! ==Having rejected their Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ, God caused the Roman armies to come against Jerusalem in AD 70. The Romans destroyed the Jewish temple and later razed the city to the ground. The effect of this utter devastation was to scatter the Jews into every corner of the globe. Today we still have Jews living in almost every country in the world. This is exactly as God had said would happen. In Deuteronomy 28 we have reference to a siege against the Jewish people:

"The LORD will bring a nation against you from far away, from the end of the earth, swooping down like the eagle, a nation whose language you do not understand… They shall besiege you in all your towns, until your high and fortified walls, in which you trusted, come down throughout all your land, which the LORD your God has given you. And you shall eat the fruit of your womb, the flesh of your sons and daughters, whom the LORD your God has given you, in the siege and in the distress with which your enemies shall distress you." (verses 49, 52-53)

History book confirm the terror of the siege against Jerusalem in which the Jews were reduced to such depths of hunger and anguish that some even ate their own sons and daughters to keep alive. The chapter goes on to say:

"And the LORD will scatter you among all peoples, from one end of the earth to the other, and there you shall serve other gods of wood and stone, which neither you nor your fathers have known. And among these nations you shall find no respite, and there shall be no resting place for the sole of your foot, but the LORD will give you there a trembling heart and failing eyes and a languishing soul. Your life shall hang in doubt before you. Night and day you shall be in dread and have no assurance of your life. In the morning you shall say, 'If only it were evening!' and at evening you shall say, 'If only it were morning!' because of the dread that your heart shall feel, and the sights that your eyes shall see." (verses 64-66)

These words have come to pass to the letter throughout the centuries since AD 70. For almost 2,000 years the Jews have been scattered all over the world and also persecuted. The words "you life shall hang in doubt before you" has been fulfilled again and again in European history, culminating in the horrors of the Nazi Death Camps during the Second World War. But the Jews have suffered elsewhere too and anti-Semitism has been seen in many countries around the world.

Here are some more words about the time when the Jews have been in dispersion, this time concerning the land of Israel itself:

"And I myself will devastate the land, so that your enemies who settle in it shall be appalled at it. And I will scatter you among the nations, and I will unsheathe the sword after you, and your land shall be a desolation, and your cities shall be a waste. Then shall the land enjoy its Sabbaths as long as it lies desolate, while you are in your enemies' land; then the land shall rest, and enjoy its Sabbaths. As long as it lies desolate it shall have rest ..." (Leviticus 26:32-35)

Notice the words here "and I myself will devastate it". For the point of view of human history it was the Roman armies and those who came after who devastated the land. But it happened in accordance with God's will and purpose so God says He did it - He is in control and His word surely comes to pass.

Ok, so?

Ok, so?

OK SO!!! GOD HERE TELLS ISRAEL'S FUTURE OVER 3000 YEARS AGO!!! WHAT MAN COULD DO THAT???===“Son of dust, prophesy this also against Gog. Tell him:

“‘I stand against you, Gog, leader of Meshech and Tubal. 2 I will turn you and drive you toward the mountains of Israel, bringing you from the distant north. And I will destroy 85 percent of your army[a] in the mountains. 3 I will knock your weapons from your hands and leave you helpless. 4 You and all your vast armies will die upon the mountains. I will give you to the vultures and wild animals to devour you. 5 You will never reach the cities—you will fall upon the open fields; for I have spoken, the Lord God says. 6 And I will rain down fire on Magog and on all your allies who live safely on the coasts, and they shall know I am the Lord.

7 “‘Thus I will make known my holy name among my people Israel; I will not let it be mocked at anymore. And the nations, too, shall know I am the Lord, the Holy One of Israel. 8 That day of judgment will come; everything will happen just as I have declared it.

9 “‘The people of the cities of Israel will go out and pick up your shields and bucklers, bows and arrows, javelins and spears, to use for fuel—enough to last them seven years. 10 For seven years they will need nothing else for their fires. They won’t cut wood from the fields or forests, for these weapons will give them all they need. They will use the possessions of those who abused them.

11 “‘And I will make a vast graveyard for Gog and his armies in the Valley of the Travelers, east of the Dead Sea. It will block the path of the travelers. There Gog and all his armies will be buried. And they will change the name of the place to “The Valley of Gog’s Army.” 12 It will take seven months for the people of Israel to bury the bodies. 13 Everyone in Israel will help, for it will be a glorious victory for Israel on that day when I demonstrate my glory, says the Lord. 14 At the end of the seven months, they will appoint men to search the land systematically for any skeletons left and bury them, so that the land will be cleansed. 15-16 Whenever anyone sees some bones, he will put up a marker beside them so that the buriers will see them and take them to the Valley of Gog’s Army to bury them. A city named “Multitude” is there! And so the land will finally be cleansed.’

17 “And now, son of dust, call all the birds and animals and say to them: ‘Gather together for a mighty sacrificial feast. Come from far and near to the mountains of Israel. Come, eat the flesh and drink the blood! 18 Eat the flesh of mighty men and drink the blood of princes—they are the rams, the lambs, the goats, and the fat young bulls of Bashan for my feast! 19 Gorge yourselves with flesh until you are glutted, drink blood until you are drunk; this is the sacrificial feast I have prepared for you. 20 Feast at my banquet table—feast on horses, riders, and valiant warriors, says the Lord God.’

21 “Thus I will demonstrate my glory among the nations; all shall see the punishment of Gog and know that I have done it. 22 And from that time onward the people of Israel will know I am the Lord their God. 23 And the nations will know why Israel was sent away to exile—it was punishment for sin, for they acted in treachery against their God. Therefore, I turned my face away from them and let their enemies destroy them. 24 I turned my face away and punished them in proportion to the vileness of their sins.

25 “But now,” the Lord God says, “I will end the captivity of my people and have mercy upon them and restore their fortunes, for I am concerned about my reputation! 26 Their time of treachery and shame will all be in the past; they will be home again, in peace and safety in their own land, with no one bothering them or making them afraid. 27 I will bring them home from the lands of their enemies—and my glory shall be evident to all the nations when I do it. Through them I will vindicate my holiness before the nations. 28 Then my people will know I am the Lord their God—responsible for sending them away to exile, and responsible for bringing them home. I will leave none of them remaining among the nations. 29 And I will never hide my face from them again, for I will pour out my Spirit upon them,” says the Lord God.
EZEKIEL 39

Ok, so?

OK SO!!! GOD HERE TELLS ISRAEL'S FUTURE OVER 3000 YEARS AGO!!! WHAT MAN COULD DO THAT???===“Son of dust, prophesy this also against Gog. Tell him:

EZEKIEL 39

Amen!

“‘I stand against you, Gog, leader of Meshech and Tubal. 2 I will turn you and drive you toward the mountains of Israel, bringing you from the distant north. And I will destroy 85 percent of your army in the mountains. 3 I will knock your weapons from your hands and leave you helpless. 4 You and all your vast armies will die upon the mountains. I will give you to the vultures and wild animals to devour you. 5 You will never reach the cities—you will fall upon the open fields; for I have spoken, the Lord God says. 6 And I will rain down fire on Magog and on all your allies who live safely on the coasts, and they shall know I am the Lord.

EZEKIEL 39

Amen!

YES!!! After 2011 years may 15,1948 Israel became a nation again(a nation born in a day) just as bible prophcey written 3000 years ago said. and then in Romans 11:26-35 GOD SAYS==Notice how God is both kind and severe. He is very hard on those who disobey, but very good to you if you continue to love and trust him. But if you don’t, you too will be cut off. 23 On the other hand, if the Jews leave their unbelief behind them and come back to God, God will graft them back into the tree again. He has the power to do it.

24 For if God was willing to take you who were so far away from him—being part of a wild olive tree—and graft you into his own good tree—a very unusual thing to do—don’t you see that he will be far more ready to put the Jews back again, who were there in the first place?

25 I want you to know about this truth from God, dear brothers, so that you will not feel proud and start bragging. Yes, it is true that some of the Jews have set themselves against the Gospel now, but this will last only until all of you Gentiles have come to Christ—those of you who will. 26 And then all Israel will be saved.

Do you remember what the prophets said about this? “There shall come out of Zion a Deliverer, and he shall turn the Jews from all ungodliness. 27 At that time I will take away their sins, just as I promised.”

28 Now many of the Jews are enemies of the Gospel. They hate it. But this has been a benefit to you, for it has resulted in God’s giving his gifts to you Gentiles. Yet the Jews are still beloved of God because of his promises to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. 29 For God’s gifts and his call can never be withdrawn; he will never go back on his promises. 30 Once you were rebels against God, but when the Jews refused his gifts God was merciful to you instead. 31 And now the Jews are the rebels, but some day they, too, will share in God’s mercy upon you. 32 For God has given them all up to sin so that he could have mercy upon all alike.

33 Oh, what a wonderful God we have! How great are his wisdom and knowledge and riches! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his methods! 34 For who among us can know the mind of the Lord? Who knows enough to be his counselor and guide? 35 And who could ever offer to the Lord enough to induce him to act? 36 For everything comes from God alone. Everything lives by his power, and everything is for his glory. To him be glory evermore.

Israel was saved thanks to the faith of it's pioneers. So I don't understand what is the message. My confusion is genuine.

Israel was saved thanks to the faith of it's pioneers. So I don't understand what is the message. My confusion is genuine.

Most of he Jewish people turned from God Yet the Jews are still beloved of God because of his promises to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. 29 For God’s gifts and his call can never be withdrawn; he will never go back on his promises. God's promise TO THE JEWISH PEOPLE is eternal.

How most of the Jews turned from God?

I don't have time to give you a history lesson on Jewish history,you can read the book of J eremiah, BUT IN SHORT THE JEWISH people rejected GOD and lived in sin and chose to follow after false gods and the price they paid was huge= I SRAEL WAS DESTROYED AND THE JEWISH PEOPLE SCATTERED ALL OVER THE WORLD!

I don't have time to give you a history lesson on Jewish history,you can read the book of J eremiah, BUT IN SHORT THE JEWISH people rejected GOD and lived in sin and chose to follow after false gods and the price they paid was huge= I SRAEL WAS DESTROYED AND THE JEWISH PEOPLE SCATTERED ALL OVER THE WORLD!

The Jewish people tend to forget, but the nation is also quickly reminded of many of its sins. Israel re-establishment is due to courage and faith of its people, of course, under HaShem's watch:)

how most of the jews turned from god?

i don't have time to give you a history lesson on jewish history,you can read the book of j eremiah, but in short the jewish people rejected god and lived in sin and chose to follow after false gods and the price they paid was huge= i srael was destroyed and the jewish people scattered all over the world!

the jewish people tend to forget, but the nation is also quickly reminded of many of its sins. Israel re-establishment is due to courage and faith of its people, of course, under hashem's watch:)

ezekiel ch 39 written over 3000 years ago says god would bring the jewish people back to israel and they will be there for eternity!! All israel shall be saved in the very near future! Ptl.

The Jewish people tend to forget, but the nation is also quickly reminded of many of its sins. Israel re-establishment is due to courage and faith of its people, of course, under HaShem's watch:)

READ GOD'S WONDERFUL WORD ABOUT THE VERY NEAR FUTURE OF ISRAEL== I ask then, has God rejected and deserted his people the Jews? Oh no, not at all. Remember that I myself am a Jew, a descendant of Abraham and a member of Benjamin’s family.

2-3 No, God has not discarded his own people whom he chose from the very beginning. Do you remember what the Scriptures say about this? Elijah the prophet was complaining to God about the Jews, telling God how they had killed the prophets and torn down God’s altars; Elijah claimed that he was the only one left in all the land who still loved God, and now they were trying to kill him too.

4 And do you remember how God replied? God said, “No, you are not the only one left. I have seven thousand others besides you who still love me and have not bowed down to idols!”[a]

5 It is the same today. Not all the Jews have turned away from God; there are a few being saved as a result of God’s kindness in choosing them. 6 And if it is by God’s kindness, then it is not by their being good enough. For in that case the free gift would no longer be free—it isn’t free when it is earned.

7 So this is the situation: Most of the Jews have not found the favor of God they are looking for. A few have—the ones God has picked out—but the eyes of the others have been blinded. 8 This is what our Scriptures refer to when they say that God has put them to sleep, shutting their eyes and ears so that they do not understand what we are talking about when we tell them of Christ. And so it is to this very day.

9 King David spoke of this same thing when he said, “Let their good food and other blessings trap them into thinking all is well between themselves and God. Let these good things boomerang on them and fall back upon their heads to justly crush them. 10 Let their eyes be dim,” he said, “so that they cannot see, and let them walk bent-backed forever with a heavy load.”

11 Does this mean that God has rejected his Jewish people forever? Of course not! His purpose was to make his salvation available to the Gentiles, and then the Jews would be jealous and begin to want God’s salvation for themselves. 12 Now if the whole world became rich as a result of God’s offer of salvation, when the Jews stumbled over it and turned it down, think how much greater a blessing the world will share in later on when the Jews, too, come to Christ.

13 As you know, God has appointed me as a special messenger to you Gentiles. I lay great stress on this and remind the Jews about it as often as I can, 14 so that if possible I can make them want what you Gentiles have and in that way save some of them. 15 And how wonderful it will be when they become Christians! When God turned away from them it meant that he turned to the rest of the world to offer his salvation; and now it is even more wonderful when the Jews come to Christ. It will be like dead people coming back to life. 16 And since Abraham and the prophets are God’s people, their children will be too. For if the roots of the tree are holy, the branches will be too.

17 But some of these branches from Abraham’s tree, some of the Jews, have been broken off. And you Gentiles who were branches from, we might say, a wild olive tree, were grafted in. So now you, too, receive the blessing God has promised Abraham and his children, sharing in God’s rich nourishment of his own special olive tree.

18 But you must be careful not to brag about being put in to replace the branches that were broken off. Remember that you are important only because you are now a part of God’s tree; you are just a branch, not a root.

19 “Well,” you may be saying, “those branches were broken off to make room for me, so I must be pretty good.”

20 Watch out! Remember that those branches, the Jews, were broken off because they didn’t believe God, and you are there only because you do. Do not be proud; be humble and grateful—and careful. 21 For if God did not spare the branches he put there in the first place, he won’t spare you either.

22 Notice how God is both kind and severe. He is very hard on those who disobey, but very good to you if you continue to love and trust him. But if you don’t, you too will be cut off. 23 On the other hand, if the Jews leave their unbelief behind them and come back to God, God will graft them back into the tree again. He has the power to do it.

24 For if God was willing to take you who were so far away from him—being part of a wild olive tree—and graft you into his own good tree—a very unusual thing to do—don’t you see that he will be far more ready to put the Jews back again, who were there in the first place?

25 I want you to know about this truth from God, dear brothers, so that you will not feel proud and start bragging. Yes, it is true that some of the Jews have set themselves against the Gospel now, but this will last only until all of you Gentiles have come to Christ—those of you who will. 26 And then all Israel will be saved.

Do you remember what the prophets said about this? “There shall come out of Zion a Deliverer, and he shall turn the Jews from all ungodliness. 27 At that time I will take away their sins, just as I promised.”

28 Now many of the Jews are enemies of the Gospel. They hate it. But this has been a benefit to you, for it has resulted in God’s giving his gifts to you Gentiles. Yet the Jews are still beloved of God because of his promises to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. 29 For God’s gifts and his call can never be withdrawn; he will never go back on his promises. 30 Once you were rebels against God, but when the Jews refused his gifts God was merciful to you instead. 31 And now the Jews are the rebels, but some day they, too, will share in God’s mercy upon you. 32 For God has given them all up to sin so that he could have mercy upon all alike.

33 Oh, what a wonderful God we have! How great are his wisdom and knowledge and riches! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his methods! 34 For who among us can know the mind of the Lord? Who knows enough to be his counselor and guide? 35 And who could ever offer to the Lord enough to induce him to act? 36 For everything comes from God alone. Everything lives by his power, and everything is for his glory. To him be glory evermore.
Romans 11

Forum List

Back