Biden document discovery is proof Dems ‘overplayed their hand’ on Trump

Actually, Biden has the moral high ground because he acted in an ethical manner and Trump didn't.
But he knows that any screech from him about TRUMP! will just open the door for his own actions to be scrutinized further. Keeping classified documents for years is not ethical behavior, and he doesn't want people thinking about that.

It's not illegal if you have no knowledge of them being there. Try and pretend you understand logical deductive reasoning. His staff discovered them, and the administration handed them over to the archives. Trump or his staff or lawyers handed nothing over willingly. The FBI knew he had them for a year and a half. That's the criminal offense.
How do highly classified documents get lost in the first place and no one bother to even ask where they are?

How do highly classified documents get lost in the first place and no one bother to even ask where they are?

I asked this before. There is an accounting procedure put in place to track classified documents. Seems it's not being run very well.

At the end of the Obama administration there should have been an audit. All documents should have been accounted for.

Oddly they seemed to have realized they were missing when Trump left. Now I believe both Trump and Biden are incompetent but it's things like this that play right into the "conspiracy theorists" hands. They argue that the government was used to go after political rivals and when you argue it doesn't work that way, well it seems it does.

But he knows that any screech

I asked this before. There is an accounting procedure put in place to track classified documents. Seems it's not being run very well.

At the end of the Obama administration there should have been an audit. All documents should have been accounted for.

Oddly they seemed to have realized they were missing when Trump left. Now I believe both Trump and Biden are incompetent but it's things like this that play right into the "conspiracy theorists" hands. They argue that the government was used to go after political rivals and when you argue it doesn't work that way, well it seems it does.

Or that a GS10 looked at a breifing paper about the Ukraine from 2013 that mentioned a government that no longer existed, and threw it in the wrong box.

No one was looking for that document because they assumed it was obsoleted.

Trump, on the other hand, took documents that everyone immediately knew were missing when he took them. Now, it might be that after spending four years denigrating every government employee, they really had it out for the mother fucker.

Um. Sure. That's why you don't go through life pissing people off.

It would seem that the chattering class is more interested in scoring cheap political hit points than dealing with a real issue. We have to ask, if these can go missing for so long with no curiosity, what ELSE is missing that we don't know about? Who knows what will ultimately turn up in someone's garage sale?

Or that a GS10 looked at a breifing paper about the Ukraine from 2013 that mentioned a government that no longer existed, and threw it in the wrong box.

Nope. People over classified documentation are not ever going to assume anything.

It would seem that the chattering class is more interested in scoring cheap political hit points than dealing with a real issue. We have to ask, if these can go missing for so long with no curiosity, what ELSE is missing that we don't know about? Who knows what will ultimately turn up in someone's garage sale?

Maybe there's no curiousity because they weren't a big deal.

The problem here is the government classifies too many things as Secret, even if they aren't secrets.

This has nothing to do with Trump taking documents he should have turned over to the Archives.

Less fiber. That should help.

Trump, on the other hand, took documents that everyone immediately knew were missing when he took them. Now, it might be that after spending four years denigrating every government employee, they really had it out for the mother fucker.

Um. Sure. That's why you don't go through life pissing people off.
Ah, yes, the old "You can't blame a democrat because somebody assumed something and didn't bother to check. It was all just a misunderstanding and we should all just hold hands while we sing Kumbya" gambit. Often seen in desperate attempts to gloss over a democrat's incompetence and malfeasance, usually followed by a version of, "Look, there's a Republican, stop talking about the democrat". And, as we see in the referenced post, that's exactly what was attempted. Failed, of course, but attempted.

Nope. People over classified documentation are not ever going to assume anything.

I agree, there is a lot of overclassification.

So let's compare.

Biden had some documents, that some GS10 put in the wrong box when he was leaving the white house, and then it got stuck in a closet, but no one was looking for it. When lawyers reviewed the documents, they made the decision to report them and take appropriate action of alerting the archives and the FBI. They could have just as easily stuck the documents into a shredder and not mentioned it to anyone. Then a review was ordered to find out what went wrong. Sounds like people trying to do the right thing.

Compare that to Trump, who took documents he was told not to take. Then refused to return them when asked. Then lied about declassifying them. Then signed a false affadavitt claiming he returned them.

But it's okay, you are still butthurt that Biden beat Commie Bernie, who no one trusts with secret documents.

Maybe there's no curiousity because they weren't a big deal.

The problem here is the government classifies too many things as Secret, even if they aren't secrets.
Which doesn't let the army grunt off the hook if he's found with something marked classified. Face reality, classifying too many things just dilutes the severity of mishandling classified documents, which of course gives democrats cover to pretend it's no big deal if Quid Pro has them, because reasons, and feelz, and besides Jan 6.
This has nothing to do with Trump taking documents he should have turned over to the Archives.
And the obligatory "But TRUMP!, but TRUMP!, but TRUUUUUUUMMMP!" That has no bearing on Quid Pro's incompetence.

I agree, there is a lot of overclassification.

So let's compare.

No. There is nothing to accomplish here. My opinion has always been and will never change that neither Biden nor Trump is or was competent enough to be president.

Which doesn't let the army grunt off the hook if he's found with something marked classified. Face reality, classifying too many things just dilutes the severity of mishandling classified documents, which of course gives democrats cover to pretend it's no big deal if Quid Pro has them, because reasons, and feelz, and besides Jan 6.
I once got written up because I didn't put a chain through a gun rack in my arms vault...and I thought that was silly, too. (Didn't really effect my career, though.)

If they take really severe action against an Army Grunt, it's usually because he was a serial fuckup, and they want him out of that job.

And the obligatory "But TRUMP!, but TRUMP!, but TRUUUUUUUMMMP!" That has no bearing on Quid Pro's incompetence.
I agree, Trump outright treason has nothing to do with a GS10 putting a file in the wrong box.

As opposed to your hero Commie Bernie who has been in Congress for 40 years and has accomplished exactly nothing.

Sadly, yes, we remain on our same old failed trajectory. My two main issues are getting us out of stupid wars (and getting involved with Ukraine was stupid) and health care for all. In 2016 I saw Bernie as the best option for both of those.

Would he have failed me? Perhaps. If he had I wouldn't continue to make excuses for him or vote to re-elect him.

Actively attack China's interests by taking steps to ensure a crucial resource is produced in the US.
Making a diplomatic stand on human rights abuses
Strengthening ties with Asian nations and countering China's growing influence.
Limiting exports of semiconductor and supercomputer parts TO China.

Note that I limited my "actions" to those of the executive branch and didn't mention Pelosi's visit to Taiwan for instance. Since I'm not sure Biden can take credit for that.

I think I've answered most, if not all of your questions in the course of the conversation. If I didn't it's because I overlooked it and I'm willing to answer it now, if you restate them. I however have posed quite a few questions to you myself, and I note you quite often dodge them by simply posing me a question and moving on yourself. In the beginning of the conversation, I told you that I don't dodge uncomfortable questions in the interest of remaining objective. I believe in the interest of fairness it would be good if you would do me the same courtesy.
With all due respect, Fork? If you think that not sending diplomats to China during the Olympics made any difference to the Chinese Communist Party you're about as naive as they come! That's a token response and a weak one at that. Especially when Biden meets with the leader of China and doesn't even bring up how the Chinese handled Covid or human rights abuses. Trump hit China with a trade war that hurt China. Biden talks tough and does nothing. The Chinese Communists know that.

I once got written up because I didn't put a chain through a gun rack in my arms vault...and I thought that was silly, too. (Didn't really effect my career, though.)

If they take really severe action against an Army Grunt, it's usually because he was a serial fuckup, and they want him out of that job.

I agree, Trump outright treason has nothing to do with a GS10 putting a file in the wrong box.
And you believe it was a GS10 based on what evidence? Is that right next to your evidence about the gun industry marketing to crazies?

If you really believe a GS10 did that, why was he/she in possession of those documents? Who gave them authorization to handle them? Naturally, you have no curiosity about that and don't bother even asking.

Forum List

Back