Biden endorses suing gun manufacturers .

I wonder if the Democrats stacked the Supreme Court they could get it to rule that you can only sue gun manufacturers when their products are used irresponsibly.
They could try and craft specific legislation to that effect and get an activist court to uphold it in spite of the last 150 years of law on the subject.

This is why the equal protection clause was written into The Constitution but as we saw in Roe and quite a few other cases over the years, if you have an activist majority they will simply make up reasons to deny rights or create new rights out of smoke when it suits their ends.

They could try and craft specific legislation to that effect and get an activist court to uphold it in spite of the last 150 years of law on the subject.

This is why the equal protection clause was written into The Constitution but as we saw in Roe and quite a few other cases over the years, if you have an activist majority they will simply make up reasons to deny rights or create new rights out of smoke when it suits their ends.

That would never get passed the current Supreme Court, which IMHO ups the ante in future elections. The day we ever see an activist SC is the day this country goes to hell in a handbasket.

If the dems did stack SCOTUS and passed legislation to ban and confiscate all civilian owned firearms I will bet a number of state wcd
That would never get passed the current Supreme Court, which IMHO ups the ante in future elections. The day we ever see an activist SC is the day this country goes to hell in a handbasket.
I agree. A packed court means a number of states secede from the Union and in the long run the Chinese take over the world.

If the blacks feel oppressed today just wait until the Chinese run things.

If the dems did stack SCOTUS and passed legislation to ban and confiscate all civilian owned firearms I will bet a number of state wcd

I agree. A packed court means a number of states secede from the Union and in the long run the Chinese take over the world.

there are leftists pushing for just that !

True. Many leftists have sold out to the Chinese. Joe and Hunter Biden are examples.

The court has been packed with leftwing activists to one degree or another since the thirties when they started rubber stamping FDR's EO's and his anti poverty laws.

From welfare, to environmental cases, to judicial reformers we've seen it all coming from the court over the last 90 years.

I think instead we'll see a guerilla/insurgent war breaking out in all fifty states targeting the Federal Gov't and their loyalists.

Believe it or not they already have been. That's why it became nearly an impossibility to buy a knife over the country with a razor sharp edge for about 3 decades.
God forbid. Someone might cut themsleves with a sharp knife and sue.

Actually a dull knife is more dangerous to the user than a sharp knife.

Recently I have noticed that almost all the pocket knives or fixed blade knives I buy come shaving sharp. At one time that was not true.

The last kitchen knives I recently bought came from Cold Steel and their knives have always arrived sharp. In the past I have been disappointed by the sharpness of the kitchen knives I bought.

I think instead we'll see a guerilla/insurgent war breaking out in all fifty states targeting the Federal Gov't and their loyalists.
That may well be the result. I hope we can avoid the breakup of our nation as if that happens the Chinese will take over eventually. I don’t want my grandchildren to have to learn Mandarin Chinese.

Ummm...no. Suing gun manufacturers isn't covered by the 2nd Amendment.
Yes it is. Bankrupting the manufacturers with frivolous lawsuits deprives us of guns.

You're worried about the earnings of gun companies?
Of course. They make our guns.

I see you're still cutting the 2nd Amendment to fit.
Not cutting. The Second Amendment does not allow the left to deprive us of guns no matter how they try to go about doing it.

Watch some automobile commercials. They often show cars being driven in a reckless manner. If you can sue a gun manufacturer for commercials about his product you should also be able to sue Ford or Chevy if you were hit by someone speeding well over the limit.
Someone should use the Remington precedent to do just that. It might put a stop to these frivolous gun lawsuits.

Someone should use the Remington precedent to do just that. It might put a stop to these frivolous gun lawsuits.
If citizens have the right to bear arms it only makes sense that
gun manufacturers exist. Obviously if you can sue a gun manufacturer for the misuse of the weapons made every gun manufacturer will be sued out of existence in a couple years.

The same for suing companies that make ammo.

Now if the company makes a defective gun or ammo that can injure or kill people they should be sued.

Yes it is. Bankrupting the manufacturers with frivolous lawsuits deprives us of guns.
Want some cheese with that whine?
Of course. They make our guns.
And they charge you for them. Sounds like they are infringing on your rights by not giving them away for free.
Not cutting. The Second Amendment does not allow the left to deprive us of guns no matter how they try to go about doing it.
LOL

Want some cheese with that whine?

And they charge you for them. Sounds like they are infringing on your rights by not giving them away for free.

LOL
At the rate things are going in this nation there may come a time when you decide you need a new firearm to protect yourself or your family.

If that happens and all the gun manufacturers have been sued out of business there will be no new firearms and even used firearms will cost a fortune.

Quess who will be whining then.

At the rate things are going in this nation there may come a time when you decide you need a new firearm to protect yourself or your family.

If that happens and all the gun manufacturers have been sued out of business there will be no new firearms and even used firearms will cost a fortune.

Quess who will be whining then.

If the last 10-12 years on this board are any indication, it will e conservatives because there has never been a day where you guys were not whining about something.

If the last 10-12 years on this board are any indication, it will e conservatives because there has never been a day where you guys were not whining about something.
Most conservatives already are armed. It’s the liberals who are buying guns now as they realize the cops may not be there in time. No rational and intelligent person today is all that interested in being a cop today. Many cities have police shortages. It’s hard to get recruits and cops often leave after a few years.

Most conservatives already are armed. It’s the liberals who are buying guns now as they realize the cops may not be there in time. No rational and intelligent person today is all that interested in being a cop today. Many cities have police shortages. It’s hard to get recruits and cops often leave after a few years.

Do you really believe that most conservatives are armed? Wow.

Forum List

Back