🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Biden looking for new ways to tax poor and middle class Americans

First up, mileage taxes, which will of course disproportionately fall on low- and middle-income Americans who need to drive to work, sometimes long distances, because they can't afford to live near their jobs.

DemoKKKrats = Make America Poor Again!

Seems like a sensible way to pay for infrastructure.
As we move to Electric Vehicles, a mileage tax becomes necessary
Eventually.

But it's too early for that now...imo.

It will hit the suburbs and rural, much harder....again, imo.

Do they utilize roads and highways more? Yes, they do.... but they also in many cases, can afford it the least. Gasoline is already one of their bigest monthly bills.

Sure, the bulk of the gas mileage tax will likely hit Truck Drivers who do put a lot of wear and tear on our highways with their big trucks and heavy loads, which in turn will raise consumer prices for groceries and goods..... So the suburbanite will pay more for their mileage and more for goods.

The white collar workers could have opportunity to work remotely perhaps, but the blue collar does not...

Geeze, I don't know.....what really would be good to do???

It all comes down to this

Our infrastructure has been ignored for 40 years. It is in urgent need of basic maintenance and upgrade.

We can handle it through either increased debt (long term bonds) or increased taxes and fees

A mileage based fee would be a start

Our infrastructure has been ignored for 40 years. It is in urgent need of basic maintenance and upgrade.

We can handle it through either increased debt (long term bonds) or increased taxes and fees

A lot of reasons for this.
Take Indianapolis. The streets are in horrible shape. Bridges ageing, potholes regularly reach a foot deep.
But wait - let's not fix that - let's build a $100 million walkway along the river and bike trails. Yeah - great idea.
Cities across the nation do this.
And where do you think they get the money from RW?
Federal grants. Awarded by good ol' boyism in Congress. And we want this same apparatus in charge of fixing infrastructure?

Ronald Reagan was the last one to raise retirement age. Will Biden be the next?

People are living longer than they were 40 years ago
And?
AND so the old rate structure no longer works
And increasing the age to 70 won't work either.
People in their 50s (I'm 56) already have issues doing physical things they used to do at a breeze.
60s - worse. By 70? You can't work half as good as you used to be able to.
And that includes mental skills.
People need to be able to retire. It also makes room for younger folks to find jobs.

Also - we have a HUGE problem in our society of ageism. Raising the retirement age will only make that worse.
People are drawing Social Security for longer periods of time now than they were 40 years ago.

Leaves you with two choices....Have workers work longer or have them contribute more

Choose your poison
Doesn't have to be poison.
It is not that difficult of a fix:

1) Actually do something about rampant SS fraud... and not just the $3 billion a year SS claims is fraud, but fraud in disability. Some watch groups place this number easily up to $10 Billion more.
2) Only 57% of the population pay any income taxes. Over 40% get more back than they paid in. This is unsustainable.
3) Make it illegal for the federal government to use SS funds as collateral to borrow from. 14% of the national debt is money borrowed from SS. It is estimated by 2034 the government will no longer be able to pay it back.

I can go on.

That stupid SS Disability is one of the biggest scams going.

No wonder the system is so screwed.

Take Indianapolis. The streets are in horrible shape. Bridges ageing, potholes regularly reach a foot deep.
But wait - let's not fix that - let's build a $100 million walkway along the river and bike trails. Yeah - great idea.
Federal grants. Awarded by good ol' boyism in Congress. And we want this same apparatus in charge of fixing infrastructure?

I suspect your example is one of which pot of money it is coming from.
The city of Indianapolis is responsible for pothole and bridge repair.
There may be federal money available to build public bike paths and walkways

There should be no federal money available to build huge walkways that no one uses. In some areas they walkways made perfect sense, and are used a lot. But that made sense. And when does the government ever make sense. So no... they made it over 10 miles long. And every bit of 90% of it is empty and a magnet for crime.

There should be no federal money available to build huge walkways that no one uses. In some areas they walkways made perfect sense, and are used a lot. But that made sense. And when does the government ever make sense. So no... they made it over 10 miles long. And every bit of 90% of it is empty and a magnet for crime.

I see many cities taking decrepit waterfront property and turning it into beautiful public parks and walkways and bike paths. Worthwhile investment
Same goes for abandoned railways

Think about it. 90% of people who live out in the country live there because it's cheap to do so. They don't have much money. They drive long distances to low paying jobs because it's all they can get. Now dick-in-the-ass wants to tax them and punish them for living out in the country.
If you use 50 miles of roads to get to work and I use 5, you should pay more for infrastructure

Should such a theory apply all across the taxation spectrum?
Shouldn’t a family of eight wetbacks contribute more than a family of three Caucasians? After all, they utilize (abuse) more public services...RIGHT?

I see many cities taking decrepit waterfront property and turning it into beautiful public parks and walkways and bike paths. Worthwhile investment
Same goes for abandoned railways
No problem with that. And Indy's riverfront park/walkway in the city proper is awesome, and I agree a good use of tax dollars.
The problem is when they take that idea and expand the hell out to the point of stupidity. Like I said the walkway is 10 miles long.
I would say 80% of the walkways are not used. Except as gang hangouts where it is now covered in graffiti and trash. No one goes there. Unless you are a customer.

If they were talking about adding an additional mileage tax, yeah, that would stink. I can't imagine how much of a burden also that would add to the trucking industry alone, to say nothing of everything else from Uber drivers to pizza delivery to buses.

But they're talking about replacing the gas tax with a mileage tax. I already pay a gas tax—18 cents a gallon federally, I think, and anywhere between 15 and 60 cents depending on the state—and if that gets replaced with a mileage tax, it won't hurt me a bit. This assumes that the method of recording is fairly simple, that the numbers roughly match up, and that the gas companies actually pass on the savings, none of which are guaranteed, to say the least.

The people that would be hit by it are electric car drivers, who pay zero cents in gas taxes but use the roads just as much as I do, and I'm totally okay with that.

First up, mileage taxes, which will of course disproportionately fall on low- and middle-income Americans who need to drive to work, sometimes long distances, because they can't afford to live near their jobs.

Trump supported it

Get help soon. :itsok:

The taxes have been collected for it. But it has been put into the general fund. Just like Social Security. If you help people to be parasites, that is what the will be. The general fund has made that happen for taxes meant for other programs. Be tough on trenage pregnancies and thing swill improve big time. But some will fall through the cracks and we will be forever maligned by the shills. I guarantee you that Brian Stelter and his wife and his children mean more then any child born under current social programs. I say this again...let your male children be trained to defend themselves. Please!

I assume if this is implemented the gas tax will be eliminated, right? Otherwise, that would be double taxation.

Or will this mileage tax only apply to the metrosexual cucks who drive electric cars?

And?
People in their 50s (I'm 56) already have issues doing physical things they used to do at a breeze.
People need to be able to retire. It also makes room for younger folks to find jobs.

Also - we have a HUGE problem in our society of ageism. Raising the retirement age will only make that worse.
People are drawing Social Security for longer periods of time now than they were 40 years ago.

Leaves you with two choices....Have workers work longer or have them contribute more

Choose your poison

1) Actually do something about rampant SS fraud... and not just the $3 billion a year SS claims is fraud, but fraud in disability. Some watch groups place this number easily up to $10 Billion more.
2) Only 57% of the population pay any income taxes. Over 40% get more back than they paid in. This is unsustainable.
3) Make it illegal for the federal government to use SS funds as collateral to borrow from. 14% of the national debt is money borrowed from SS. It is estimated by 2034 the government will no longer be able to pay it back.

I can go on.

Make it illegal for the federal government to use SS funds as collateral to borrow from.

Where should Social Security contributions be invested? Corporate bonds?
Stocks? Commodities?

And?

Choose your poison

I can go on.

Make it illegal for the federal government to use SS funds as collateral to borrow from.

Stocks? Commodities?
Most SS contributions go to paying existing retirees

The taxes have been collected for it. But it has been put into the general fund. Just like Social Security. If you help people to be parasites, that is what the will be. The general fund has made that happen for taxes meant for other programs. Be tough on trenage pregnancies and thing swill improve big time. But some will fall through the cracks and we will be forever maligned by the shills. I guarantee you that Brian Stelter and his wife and his children mean more then any child born under current social programs. I say this again...let your male children be trained to defend themselves. Please!

Many states today, however, divert portions of their state gas tax revenue to the state general fund and other non-highway uses, such as these:

• The largest and most common diversions, found in 20 states, are those to transit and active transportation (pedestrian and bicycle projects). New York and New Jersey, for example, allocate over a third of their respective motor fuel tax (MFT) revenue to transit.
  • Ten states divert a portion of their gas tax revenue to law enforcement and safety services, marking the second most common diversion.
  • Though less frequent, diversions to education tend to be substantial, accounting for 25.9% and 24.7% of gas tax revenue in Michigan and Texas respectively.
  • Other states divert gas tax revenue to tourism, environmental programs and administrative costs. In total, 22 states divert over 1% of their gas tax revenue.

And?

Choose your poison

I can go on.

Stocks? Commodities?
Ponzi scheme.

And?

Choose your poison

I can go on.

Stocks? Commodities?
Ponzi scheme.
It works

Forum List

Back