Biden on forgiving student loan debt

And who does everyone thing will be picking up the tab??

Why we tax payers of course.

If you want to go to college, get a job or a loan and go. Just don't expect the tax payers to pay your college bill for you.
So what did you think of Bidens response to the question?

As I said. We tax payers will pick up the tab for anyone wanting to go to college. I think it sucks. Why should other people pay for someone to go to college??
Right, but what did you think of how he responded to that ladies question?

Didn't catch it.
Well its pretty much the only thing in the OP. What did you do just see the title of the thread and then jump in without looking at the OP?

Nope. Can't get into it on this computer. If she was all for it then she had kids she wants to go to college and will be over joyed to have someone else foot the bill.

If you want to go to college, get a job or a loan and go. Just don't expect the tax payers to pay your college bill for you.
The same people who pick up the tab when a big corporation bails and raids the retirement funds the govt. insures.

The same people who pick up the tab when a big corporation bails and raids the retirement funds the govt. insures.

Then that makes everything okay? I’m tired of every stupid decision someone makes, we pay for. Trillions in debt, and those that promised to pay need to be held accountable and quit sponging off the working middle class.

Last edited:

As I said. We tax payers will pick up the tab for anyone wanting to go to college. I think it sucks. Why should other people pay for someone to go to college??

Didn't catch it.
Well its pretty much the only thing in the OP. What did you do just see the title of the thread and then jump in without looking at the OP?

Nope. Can't get into it on this computer. If she was all for it then she had kids she wants to go to college and will be over joyed to have someone else foot the bill.
Haha, you're gonna feel like a fool if you ever see the clip. You should get a clue about the topic before you chime in next time.

Didn't catch it.

Haha, you're gonna feel like a fool if you ever see the clip. You should get a clue about the topic before you chime in next time.

Well just took a guess. Can't get into it on this computer.

Then that makes everything okay? I’m tired of every stupid decision someone makes, we pay for. Trillions in debt, and those that promised to pay need to be held accountable and quit sponging off the working middle class.
I'm not meaning to promote debt but I am curious... How has the trillions in debt that our country has accumulated impacted your life?

We continue to re-elect those who bail everyone out so yeah, I guess that makes it OK.

I'm not meaning to promote debt but I am curious... How has the trillions in debt that our country has accumulated impacted your life?

It's going to. The rest of the world isn't going to allow us to print, print, print to buy new cars and vacation homes while they struggle with basic needs forever. It may not affect me but it's going to greatly affect future generations and as I note many times, it's not just about me.

Then get rid of bankruptcy laws or allow bankruptcy laws to include all debt.

Didn't catch it.

Here... you can read about it then... Biden dismisses a Democratic plan to wipe out $50,000 in federal student-loan debt

It's going to. The rest of the world isn't going to allow us to print, print, print to buy new cars and vacation homes while they struggle with basic needs forever. It may not affect me but it's going to greatly affect future generations and as I note many times, it's not just about me.
I get the "its going to" argument but we have carried a national debt for generations. So my question is what actual effects have you felt in your lifetime as a result of the national debt?

What do you all think of Bidens answer to this question?

Well he did say $50000 awhile back and now it is the reality setting in of the cost and complexity of idea. The free ride voters were expecting might not be there.

What was his $50K statement that you're referring to? I didn't catch that

Sorry that was the progressives in congress that want that.Looks like Biden is going to stick to his guns, I am against it altogether. But it will happen, just I can hope that Biden doesn’t cave.

Then get rid of bankruptcy laws or allow bankruptcy laws to include all debt.
The idea of eliminating the interest is an interesting one. We have Federal Reserve Notes. Fiat currency printed by our mints by order of the Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve is a private bank owned by private wealthy people. They set the rates and it causes misery for people. We can change the law and make the Fiat currency a Bank owned by the government or the people. We can call the currency bills some other name...like United States Notes. We can then be better with the interest people pay. We would have to be more stringent on the payback also as they pay less for their loans. Interest on debt is demonic. The predatory loans and the loans that even private businesses like auto dealers and others are disgraceful And they lie when they give you the loans. Cashing checks to anything else has been corrupted. And many people are stuck in this cycle.

Didn't catch it.

Here... you can read about it then... Biden dismisses a Democratic plan to wipe out $50,000 in federal student-loan debt

Thanks. Was able to get into that one. At lease Biden is doing something right.

I get the "its going to" argument but we have carried a national debt for generations. So my question is what actual effects have you felt in your lifetime as a result of the national debt?

I told you. I care about future generations. It also makes me want to puke when one group getting billions a year complains about those below them getting a little help.

What do you all think of Bidens answer to this question?

I agree with him. I'm not confident he will be able to hold the position without having to bend to his radical, woke base... but it's the right idea at the moment.

That's the problem I have with all of his 'Unity" talk. Sure, unity is great, but then when everything you do outside of the claim in non-unifying... the words are hollow. I think Biden says his platitudes but is very hollow in his meanings, much like his former presidential partner Barack Obama.

It increases the risk of not paying the debt, which increases treasury yields, which in turn gives government less tax money to spend on needs, this also makes US businesses look riskier and drives the cost of business increasing prices because of higher interest rates.

So it gives our money less spending power, it contributes to inflation, it drives up the cost of owning a home, which creates more homeless people which in turn drives up taxes and gives each and everyone of us less security.

Forum List

Back