Biden vs Trump 2024 from Now till November 5, 2024

On Sept. 26, 2020, President Trump nominated Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the U.S. Supreme Court in a pre-election rush to fill the vacancy created by the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg less than 10 days earlier.  In doing so, Trump replaced a legendary champion of women’s equality and bodily autonomy with an ideologue committed to dismantling Ginsburg’s legacy.

People For the American Way’s evaluation of Barrett’s record as a federal judge concluded that she had been “a reliable vote to deny people their legal rights in areas such as health care, racial equity, criminal justice, immigrants’ rights, and the rights of working people.”

Barrett’s rushed confirmation by the Republican-led Senate days before Americans voted to remove Trump from office was proof of Republican leaders’ contempt for democracy and their view of the Court as purely an instrument of political power. Four years earlier, Republican senators refused to even consider President Barack Obama’s nomination to fill the vacancy left by Justice Antonin Scalia’s death for an entire year, giving Trump a chance to start his term with a Supreme Court nomination.

Barrett’s nomination, Trump’s third, allowed him make good on his promise to religious-right leaders in 2016, when he made a deal to win their support. Put me in the White House, he said, and I’ll give you a Supreme Court that will overturn Roe v. Wade. That was Amy Coney Barrett’s assignment, one for which some religious-right leaders insisted that she was anointed by God, and one which she carried out, voting to open the door to today’s efforts to criminalize abortion across the country.

The White House event at which Barrett’s nomination was announced became notorious for spreading the COVID-19 virus among attendees, but the harm caused by her nomination and confirmation will certainly be broader and longer lasting.

Here’s what the Amy Coney Barrett nomination reminds us of the threat still posed by Trump:

• Trump is proud of the right-wing Supreme Court majority he solidified. At religious-right political events this year he has bragged that his nominations gave anti-choice forces a victory that they had been seeking for 50 years. Anti-equality groups are now scheming to give the Trump court a chance to overturnmarriage equality and other rulings recognizing the rights of LGBTQ Americans. Christian nationalists are gearing up to “go on the offense” with new efforts to further weaken separation of church and state.
  • The same religious-right groups Trump is counting on to help him get elected are now scheming to erect an explicit religious test for future Supreme Court nominees. In a plot exposed by People For the American Way’s Right Wing Watch, the American Family Association and other religious-right groups are working to tank the potential nominations of any right-wing judge who doesn’t meet their standard for holding a “biblical worldview.”
  • The Trump takeover of the Supreme Court has emboldened right-wing political groups, who are now preparing to take over the rest of the federal government if Trump or another Republican wins the White House. The “2025 Project” being led by the Heritage Foundation is putting a plan in place to help Trump purge the civil service of anyone not considered a MAGA loyalist, and to turn the Justice Department and FBI into weapons for his personal vendettas.
  • Trump turned over selection of judges to right-wing groups, who used him to fill the lower courts with hard-right activists, often unqualified, who have been wreaking havoc with rulings that ignore legal precedent and opinions that read more like far-right rants. Giving Trump four more years to fill the courts with such judges would go a long way to fulfilling the right-wing movement’s dream of repealing the New Deal and rolling backmore than a century of progress.

People For The American Way

A New York Times report on Thursday reveals the bleak message that Win It Back, a conservative anti-Donald Trump PAC, delivered to its donors. The group tested more than 40 ads, spent $6 million, and found that just about nothing made Republican voters abandon Dear Leader.

A memo by the PAC’s leader, David McIntosh, lists failed test after failed test.

"All attempts to undermine [Trump’s] conservative credentials on specific issues were ineffective," writes McIntosh. "Even when you show video to Republican primary voters — with complete context — of President Trump saying something otherwise objectionable to primary voters, they find a way to rationalize and dismiss it."

We’ve been saying this for years, but now $6 million in research hammers it home: Republican voters do not care what Trump says, what he does, or whether he makes an ass of himself on the world stage. Republicanism is a cult.

"The best performing ads include non-scripted Republicans sharing reservations in their own words that touch on the themes and broadly acceptable messaging mentioned above," McIntosh writes, referring to messaging about Trump's weakness against President Joe Biden and “fatigue” about "distractions” Trump creates. "Notably, when the same testimonial-type of ad provides commentary on a specific issue in President Trump's record, they are largely ineffective," McIntosh adds.

Republican voters were unswayed by footage of Trump's past praise for vaccines, his failure to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border, his anti-abortion apostasy, or his attack on democracy itself. From the Times:

Win It Back did not bother running ads focused on Mr. Trump as an instigator of political violence or as a threat to democracy. The group tested in a focus group and online panel an ad called “Risk,” narrated by former Representative Liz Cheney, that focused on Mr. Trump’s actions on Jan. 6, 2021. But the group found that the Cheney ad helped Mr. Trump with the Republican voters, according to Mr. McIntosh.
Republicans liked him more after being reminded that Trump tried to topple the government. If Republicans didn't support the violence on Jan. 6, they would’ve ditched the party by now.

Anti-Trump groups haven't tested every message against Trump, and I still suspect he can be damaged by focusing on what frightens him most. He sells himself as an ultra-masculine, successful thug. Anti-Trump ads need to attack that image. Present testimonials of past business partners saying things like, "He cheats at everything," "He lies as easily as he breathes," "He's afraid of stairs," or "He says he's a billionaire, but he's faking the whole thing." Carving him up on those specific points—rather than trying to prod Republican voters into caring about their self-proclaimed beliefs—is likely to be more effective.

Republicans are drawn to Trump because his public performances are seen as enraging non-Republicans and "elites." But if anti-Trump Republicans portray him as a laughingstock? Maybe that’ll have traction.

Show the man as he appears on the golf course, not in his suit and tie. Mock him for being revealed as a business failure. Have former members of his administration who now oppose him laugh on camera as they tell viewers that he should be on “Dancing with the Stars,” not in the White House. Show him instead as a weak and pitiful figure whose best days have passed him by, a man who can't keep up with his own lies—an object of derision. Mock him so viciously that Trump's shallow, lib-owning base voters feel like suckers.

If ads like these were prolonged enough, Republican voters might not be able to brush them off so easily.

Bizarre statements and Donald Trump campaign rallies typically go hand in hand, but the former president served up a rant so strange on Sunday it likely raised eyebrows among even the most ardent MAGA supporters. Speaking in Iowa about electric cars, Trump declared he’d rather be electrocuted than eaten by a shark if he was in a shipwreck caused by an electric boat engine—clearly bewildering the audience, which was largely mum. “If I’m sitting down and that boat’s going down and I’m on top of a battery, and the water starts flooding in, I’m getting concerned,” Trump said. “But then I look 10 yards to my left and there’s a shark over there. So I have a choice of electrocution or a shark—you know what I’m going to take? Electrocution. I will take electrocution every single time. Do we agree?” The head-scratching comment was one of many in Sunday’s rally, in which Trump repeatedly touted his administration’s approval of year-round E-15 gasoline and railed against electric vehicles.

Part 1

While the least qualified person ever to inhabit the White House is in court for his fraud trial (one of six ongoing cases—criminal and civil—in which he’s the defendant), I wanted to underscore two things being covered in the media that are helping to shape the context in which Donald is running for the Republican nomination.

First, in a shocking move, President Biden has decided to continue growing older.

[Insert endless screaming emoji here.]

Given the fact that the corporate media report incessantly on voters’ discontent vis-à-vis Biden’s age, I’ve been wondering—did people think Biden was going to get younger? Or did they intend for him to serve only one term during the most fraught moment in modern American politics?

The only reason I can think of for the constant reminders of Biden’s age (a subject that seems never to come up in discussions about Donald’s candidacy even though he is 77 years old)) is, as I wrote the other day, that there is practically nothing else with which to attack Biden (certainly nothing on par with all of Donald’s high crimes and misdemeanors). The media, if nothing else, deeply invested in the horse race.

Biden is 80. We knew four years ago that he’d be four years older when he ran for re-election in 2024. (At least I think that’s how aging and arithmetic work.) Do I wish President Biden were younger? Of course. I imagine he does, too. I wish I were younger—especially since the last seven years have felt like thirty. But if the question about Biden’s age keeps getting asked, then we need to respond consistently with a simple answer: “If Biden is old, so is Donald.”

2024 will almost certainly be a rematch between these two. So, we need to asking questions about their respective fitness for office. Would you rather have a competent, pro-democracy incumbent running the country? Or, would you rather throw the keys back to an incompetent fascist who’s itching to become an autocrat with the power to wreak vengeance upon his enemies, and destroy the Western alliance along with the tenets of liberal democracy upon which it’s based?

Tough call.

Just say no to these polls

Or is it? Because according to a Washington Post / ABC News poll released ten days ago, it isn’t even close—Donald leads Biden by 9 points. I know this is old news and the poll isn’t legitimate. Even The Post acknowledged, after the fact, that the poll is an “outlier,” (a euphemistic, ass-covering way of saying its methodology is flawed).

The findings, which are obviously bullshit, aren’t what’s alarming, it’s the fact that they were published at all. What was the actual purpose? Any poll showing either Donald or Biden leading by over 10 points—13 months out from the election and given the recent voting history of the American electorate—is useless.

One takeaway is that the media is deeply invested in making sure Donald is the Republican nominee. By conducting this poll and phrasing the questions the way they did, ABC News and The Washington Post essentially crowned Donald the Republican presidential nominee four months before the first Republican primary in Iowa on January 15, 2024.

The success or failure of the other nominees, whether they had a shot at the nomination or not, has been totally pre-determined by the media’s obvious choice. They downplay or ignore the four indictments and 91 criminal charges facing Donald; they give him massive amounts of free airtime which he does not have to share with the other candidates; and they allow him to lie, obfuscate, and project without any meaningful oversight, pushback or fact-checking.

Corporate media are essentially short-circuiting the campaigns of any Republican not named Donald Trump. This is contrary to journalistic neutrality and a clear signal that the media is, once again, putting a thumb on the scale for Donald Trump.

Part 2

The results of other polls tell us that up to half of Democrats would prefer the 2024 Democratic nominee to be somebody other than Joe Biden. How do we know this? Because the question is being asked. But what do “preferences” tell us about anything? I preferred several candidates over Biden in the 2020 Democratic primary but happily voted for him in the general election. No serious Democrat who “prefers” some theoretical other Democrat in the primary is going to vote for Donald Trump—or any of the current crop of Republicans running for the Republican nomination—for president.

Biden is leading his opponents for the Democratic nomination by a much greater margin than Donald is leading hisopponents in the Republican primary. It’s just that nobody bothers to mention that.

BONUS QUIZ

Last month, to prove his mental fitness, Donald recently challenged President Biden, 300-year-old Rupert Murdoch, and others to a duel of sorts. Part One will consist of all participants taking the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA), the test that Donald “aced” back in 2018.

Part Two, will be a still-to-be-determined but no doubt grueling physical challenge like—driving a golf cart?

Here’s the test. I wish you the best of luck.

BONUS TRACK

“Here is a secret I never have told

Maybe you'll understand why

I believe if I refuse to grow old

I can stay young till I die.”

“No Time at All,” Pippin (By the great Stephen Schwartz)

Well, it's about time you admitted that the indictments against Trump aren't going anywhere and were only done for political purposes. How about we kick this all off with the latest polls where the last three show Trump winning in a head to head matchup with Biden, not even factoring in third parties, which would hurt Biden.

Biden is a Serial liar ,a bribe taker ,and a traitor. He should face a firing squad after being convicted of treason/

[ By all means, vote for the candidate who has always insulted the Military and would skip on military cemetery visits. It is now confirmed by someone who was there, what Trump's feelings for the Military have always been ]

Former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly on Monday confirmed past reports that then-President Donald Trump insulted wounded veterans in private conversations with staff and called fallen troops “losers” for sacrificing their lives for their country.

In a statement provided to CNN, Kelly — a former Marine Corps general who also served as Trump’s Homeland Security secretary — expressed disgust for the former commander-in-chief’s past actions and recent comments attacking outgoing Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley.

The 73-year-old Kelly told CNN that Trump is “a person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’”

He also said that Trump did not want to be photographed in public with military amputees, with the former president reportedly saying, “it doesn’t look good for me.”

Reports of Trump skipping out on military cemetery visits, banning wounded troops from official White House events and mocking prisoners of war and troops killed in action have circulated for years, but not with any confirmation from an official as high ranking in Trump’s inner circles as Kelly.

With Trump vying for a return to the White House next year, Kelly called him “a person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law.”

The news comes less than two weeks after Trump took to social media to attack Milley, who retired from the military this weekend, for speaking to Chinese authorities in the tumultuous days following the 2020 presidential election.

Milley has said the conversations were routine interactions to keep lines of communications open during a presidential transition. Trump labeled them “an act so egregious that, in times gone by, the punishment would have been death.”

Milley said publicly last week that he had to contract extra security for his family following Trump’s comments. In his departure speech, the Army general reminded troops that “we don’t take an oath to a wannabe dictator” and urged them to stay focused on their responsibilities to the country.

[ Strictly for Evangelical consumption. Trump needs their votes. They see him as the Messiah.
He appeals to their issues again and again. Will they all vote for him next election? ]

Donald Trump marked the first day of his New York bank fraud trial by sharing a baffling courtroom sketch depicting Jesus sitting next to him. The former president’s Truth Social post was a screenshot from the X account of Trump-fan Dom Lucre, who posted the image along with the caption: “This is the most accurate court sketch of all time. Because nobody could have made it this far alone.” Trump earlier used his platform to call the case brought against him and his company by New York Attorney General Letitia James “THE CONTINUATION OF THE GREATEST WITCH HUNT OF ALL TIME.” It’s not clear if he genuinely considers Jesus—depicted in his post with white skin and dressed like Obi-Wan Kenobi—to be on his side in the case.

[ Nothing like a Presidential candidate who wants to use Hitler's ideas about other races and people to create fear amongst his supporters. BTW, Trump's Grandfather was German ]

On Oct. 4, 2023, Medhi Hasan, the host of MSNBC's "The Medhi Hasan Show," posted on X that former U.S. President Donald Trump said that undocumented immigrants coming into the U.S. were "poisoning the blood of our country." Hasan called Trump's remark "a straight-up white supremacist [or] neo-Nazi talking point."

KASSAM: And I wonder, you know, between the crime, especially in the cities, immigration, the border, what's going on overseas at the moment, did you ever think you would see this level of "American carnage"?

TRUMP: No, nobody has ever seen anything like this. And I think we could say worldwide. I think you could go to the... you could go to a banana republic and pick the worst one, and you're not going to see what we're witnessing now. No control whatsoever. Nobody has any idea where these people are coming from, and we know they come from prisons. We know they come from mental institutions [and] insane asylums. We know they're terrorists. Nobody has ever seen anything like we're witnessing right now. It is a very sad thing for our country. It's poisoning the blood of our country. It's so bad, and people are coming in with disease. People are coming in with every possible thing that you could have. And I got to know a lot of the heads of these countries. They're very cunning people. Very street-smart people. If they're not street-smart, they're not going to be there very long. And when they send up those caravans, and I had it ended, we had the safest border in the history of our country, meaning the history, over the last 80 years. Before that, I assume it was probably not so bad. There was nobody around. But, we had the safest in recorded history by far. The least amount of drugs in many, many decades. The least amount of human trafficking, which is a tremendous problem. But, when you look at what's taking place now, nobody's... first of all, it's not sustainable by any country, including ours, even from a (inaudible) standpoint. And, you know, we built over 500 miles of wall. We were going to put up another 200 miles. And, we had it bought. Everything was bought. Everything was purchased. They were going to ready. It could have been done within three weeks. Another 200 miles, all done. And they didn't want to do it. When you look at the numbers of people coming in, and the numbers, Raheem, are much bigger than anyone understands. I really believe it's going to be 15 million people by the end of this year during this administration. That's larger than New York state. Ok, this is what we have.

-----------
Unfortunately the German national being is not based on a uniform racial type. The process of welding the original elements together has not gone so far as to warrant us in saying that a new race has emerged. On the contrary, the poison which has invaded the national body, especially since the Thirty Years' War, has destroyed the uniform constitution not only of our blood but also of our national soul. The open frontiers of our native country, the association with non-German foreign elements in the territories that lie all along those frontiers, and especially the strong influx of foreign blood into the interior of the Reich itself, has prevented any complete assimilation of those various elements, because the influx has continued steadily.
More mentions of "poison" and "blood" can be found by searching the full text of "Mein Kampf" on the Project Gutenberg website.
--------

Trump made numerous claims during his interview with The National Pulse.

For example, Trump claimed without providing evidence that 15 million migrants will have crossed the U.S.-Mexico border under U.S. President Joe Biden's administration by the end of 2023.

Data from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) showed that, from February 2021 through August 2023, border agents had recorded encounters with around 6 million migrants, a number far lower than the one mentioned by Trump, with only four months of data remaining to be reported.

Trump also claimed that the population of New York state was less than 15 million people. However, data for the year 2022 on Census.gov showed that the population of the state was more than 19.6 million people.

For information regarding some of the many other claims made by Trump, we advise readers to look through relevant fact checks from PolitiFact, TRAC Reports (Syracuse.edu), USA Today, and FactCheck.org, among others.

(full article online)

[ Consider any President or Former President revealing the country's secrets. Consider if one really should vote for someone who is this careless as future President. ]

The disgraced ex-president's erstwhile ally — who, we cannot stress this enough, faithfully carried Trump's incredibly dirty water for years until it was no longer politically expedient — had very not nice words for his former boss, pointing to isolationism in the MAGA-fueled Republican Party as complicit in the sweeping Hamas attack on Israel. Pence also took a swing at fellow presidential wannabes Ron DeSantis and Vivek Ramaswamy, whom he claimed had "embraced the language of isolationism and appeasement."

HuffPost explained that Hopkins has never publicly supported Trump, nor have any other actors who have portrayed Lecter (on the off chance he was thinking of someone else), including the Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen, who starred in the TV series “Hannibal,” and Brian Cox, who was the first to play Dr. Lecter in the 1986 film “Manhunter.”

As for Hopkins, he told The Guardian in a 2018 interview that “he doesn’t care about Trump” and doesn’t like to talk about politics because focusing on the details makes him too unhappy.

And Hopkins was even more explicit when he spoke with Brad Pitt in Interview in 2019. Hopkins said:

”People ask me questions about present situations in life, and I say, ‘I don’t know, I’m just an actor. I don’t have any opinions. Actors are pretty stupid. My opinion is not worth anything. There’s no controversy for me, so don’t engage me in it, because I’m not going to participate.’”
That’s not the case with Cox, a proud socialist, who played the Rupert Murdoch-like conservative media mogul on HBO’s “Succession.” The fictional Roy family also has certain similarities with the Trump family—the patriarch has had multiple marriages and his adult children hold top positions in his business empire, The Hill wrote. Cox told The Hill:

“Especially if you’ve lived through four years of Trump,” he continued. “You go, how the f— can this country vote for such a f—ing asshole? And yet, this part of this country will, you know, adore him. What is it they adore? What is it they want? And how disappointing that is. So, I feel that disappointment in the human experiment.”
Just consider how much Trump mixed things up in just a few sentences in referring to Hannibal Lecter. But that’s not the most egregious divergence from reality in a recent Trump speech. The 77-year-old Trump has constantly dismissed 80-year-old President Joe Biden, whom he refers to as “Sleepy Joe,” as being too old and cognitively impaired to be president.

During a speech last month at the Pray Vote Stand summit in Washington, D.C., Trump warned that if reelected Biden will drag us into a war … that ended 78 years ago. Trump said:

“We have a man who is totally corrupt and the worst president in the history of our country, who is cognitively impaired, in no condition to lead, and who is now in charge of dealing with Russia and possible nuclear war,” Trump said. “Just think of it. We would be in World War II very quickly if we’re going to be relying on this man.”

And later in the same speech he got confused and said he ran against Barack Obama in 2016: “With Obama we won an election that everyone said couldn’t be won.”

(full article online)

Forum List

Back