Biden; You'll Know My Opinion On Packing The Courts After The Election

I would expect Trump to play it the same in Biden's shoes. There's no way Biden will try to pack the court if he wins and the Republicans control either the House or Senate. Even if it's an election disaster for Republicans the way 2008 was, why would Biden give up such a prime negotiation card? Plus would you believe him anyways?
Exactly. So long as the dems have the presidency and the senate, they'd have "an axehandle" to beat the SC like civil rights protestors. (-:

And there are about twice as many goper senators up for election in 22 than dem.

So there's a disensentive for them to do anything really radical.

But it remains to be seen how radical the gop Court with 6 votes chooses to be.

Keep in mind, the Federal Court System has added 300 (?) Conservative Judges since trump took office. Judges should be umpires, as the Chief Justice said at this confirmation hearing. Sadly, no such thing can be seen in Thomas, Alito, Kavanaugh or Gorsuch; adding Barrett will put the scales of lady justice to lean further right for decades.

Say good-bye to the ACA, R v. W and Miranda. It will be the time for law and order, justice will be an afterthought and variable.
Shall we point out that justice roberts took the UNPRECEDENTED action of rewriting the ACA, trying to frame it as a tax, so it would be constitutional.
That was wildly in appropriate, especially considering the democrats kept saying it wasn’t a tax.
And who the fuck is eliminating Miranda rights?? When has that even come up??

strawman argument much?

I would expect Trump to play it the same in Biden's shoes. There's no way Biden will try to pack the court if he wins and the Republicans control either the House or Senate. Even if it's an election disaster for Republicans the way 2008 was, why would Biden give up such a prime negotiation card? Plus would you believe him anyways?
Exactly. So long as the dems have the presidency and the senate, they'd have "an axehandle" to beat the SC like civil rights protestors. (-:

And there are about twice as many goper senators up for election in 22 than dem.

Keep in mind, the Federal Court System has added 300 (?) Conservative Judges since trump took office. Judges should be umpires, as the Chief Justice said at this confirmation hearing. Sadly, no such thing can be seen in Thomas, Alito, Kavanaugh or Gorsuch; adding Barrett will put the scales of lady justice to lean further right for decades.

Say good-bye to the ACA, R v. W and Miranda. It will be the time for law and order, justice will be an afterthought and variable.

Instead of sniveling about how it's "Unconstitutional" for Republicans to fill existing vacant seats because "WAAAAAHHH, I don't agree with them!" maybe you should ask former President Obama what the fuck he was doing leaving so many seats unfilled. You have no one to blame but your fake messiah.

Tell us all about what "impartial umpires" any of the Justices you like in the last 50 years have been. Oh, wait, you define "impartial" as "deciding things according to what I think is best, fuck the laws".

You may want others to believe you are "brilliant", and also pretend to be an expert on the judiciary. I don't claim to be an expert on the law, but I did spent a 32 year career as an Officer of the Court. I spent hundreds of hours in court, spent a substantial number of days on the golf course with judges, court reporters, clerks and bailiffs.

Instead of sniveling about how it's "Unconstitutional" for Republicans to fill existing vacant seats because "WAAAAAHHH, I don't agree with them!" maybe you should ask former President Obama what the fuck he was doing leaving so many seats unfilled. You have no one to blame but your fake messiah.

Tell us all about what "impartial umpires" any of the Justices you like in the last 50 years have been. Oh, wait, you define "impartial" as "deciding things according to what I think is best, fuck the laws".

You may want others to believe you are "brilliant", and also pretend to be an expert on the judiciary. I don't claim to be an expert on the law, but I did spent a 32 year career as an Officer of the Court. I spent hundreds of hours in court, spent a substantial number of days on the golf course with judges, court reporters, clerks and bailiffs.

No, I don't give a shit what other people believe or don't believe. And it requires no expertise to state painfully obvious fact, although I can see where YOU might consider it something difficult and beyond you.

"Well, I'm claiming THIS unprovable life experience to prove me right, because I can't support my argument!"

. . . And you're done. Surrender acknowledged. Scamper away.

And yet you still vote democrat?

Shall we point out that justice roberts took the UNPRECEDENTED action of rewriting the ACA, trying to frame it as a tax, so it would be constitutional.
That was wildly in appropriate, especially considering the democrats kept saying it wasn’t a tax.

strawman argument much?

Maybe you should do some research before making posting. And maybe you ought to find out the meaning of the Strawman Fallacy.

Consider:
A straw man fallacy occurs when someone takes another person's argument or point, distorts it or exaggerates it in some kind of extreme way, and then attacks the extreme distortion, as if that is really the claim the first person is making.

and,

Of course. There is no reason to vote for the Republicans.

I believe Biden learned his lesson big time about showing his hand unnecessarily as he did in his 1992 statement about not approving any Supreme Court nomination that year.

strawman argument much?

Maybe you should do some research before making posting. And maybe you ought to find out the meaning of the Strawman Fallacy.

Consider:
A straw man fallacy occurs when someone takes another person's argument or point, distorts it or exaggerates it in some kind of extreme way, and then attacks the extreme distortion, as if that is really the claim the first person is making.

and,

What would you like me to research. Everything I said was accurate.

And your “Supreme Court getting rid of Miranda” STRAWMAN ARGUMENT Turns out to be what?
A federal appeals court citing that a later law passed by Congress cancels out part of the Miranda law.
AND?????
First off, a federal appeals court isn’t the Supreme Court.
Second, if a later law cancels out part of the older law, then that is what it is. That’s interpreting the law that’s laid out in front of them. That’s what they are supposed to do. Congress can remedy this by fixing it, as it’s a legislative issue.
I Suppose in the liberal mind, they should follow such legal greats like Ginsburg, decide what outcome they like, then do some mental gymnastics to twist the living shit out of things to get to the desired outcome, even when that written opinion makes zero logical sense.
But this seems fairly straightforward. You have a later law that is contradicting an earlier law. The court pointed to that. It is now Congress’ job to fix it.

Or should that APPEALS COURT (not the Supreme Court) have said “well, we like this law better so let’s figure out a way to justify the outcome I like”?

strawman argument much?
In SC arguments the solicitor general called it a tax. Roberts didn't do anything except apply the law. Politically the dems said it was not a tax, but …. they lied. And the gop says it hasn't changed the SC confirmation process.

Biden has already signaled he will pack the Supreme Court by refusing to rule the matter out.
His denials are idiotic and pure Biden.

In SC arguments the solicitor general called it a tax. Roberts didn't do anything except apply the law. Politically the dems said it was not a tax, but …. they lied. And the gop says it hasn't changed the SC confirmation process.
Republicans haven't changed the Supreme Court confirmation process.

And by John Roberts jumping into the middle of the Obama Care fight, to the advantage of the democrats, by calling the mandate a tax (contrary to what the democrats all claimed) he illegally bypassed the House of Representatives and ergo, we have this matter in front of the Supreme Court again.

I wonder how Bush appointee John Roberts feels sitting there as the center of this entire mess as he must rule on Obama Care again? Shouldn't he recuse himself?

And by John Roberts jumping into the middle of the Obama Care fight, to the advantage of the democrats, by calling the mandate a tax (contrary to what the democrats all claimed) he illegally bypassed the House of Representatives and ergo, we have this matter in front of the Supreme Court again.

I wonder how Bush appointee John Roberts feels sitting there as the center of this entire mess as he must rule on Obama Care again? Shouldn't he recuse himself?
Shouldn't the NEW judge recuse herself knowing that the reason she was selected by the pos trump was because she's expected to vote against HC and Roe?

There is no reason to vote for either side...well, in the most itelligent of circles anyway.

Shouldn't the NEW judge recuse herself knowing that the reason she was selected by the pos trump was because she's expected to vote against HC and Roe?
No. Just no.
Coney-Barrett had nothing to do with the Obama Care debacle or the long battle over Roe v. Wade unlike
Roberts who inserted himself into the Obama Care issue itself while sitting on the Supreme Court.
Big difference. Every SC justice ever has been put on the court with the expectation they would vote on way or the other on this issue or that.

You are grasping at straws.

Well, aside from not wanting to vote for a creepy old guy with dementia who's then going to turn control over to a gold-digging whore who's so unpopular in her own party that she dropped out of the primaries before the first vote; and not wanting to vote for people who empower violent, primitive thugs to terrorize major American cities for months on end while attacking and undermining law enforcement; and not wanting to vote for someone who wants average citizens to be unarmed and helpless in the face of the violent thugs he has unleashed; and not wanting to vote for people who view your livelihood and ability to provide for your family as a mere political tool to be destroyed for their own advancement.

But other than that, there's no reason whatsoever to vote against Grandpa Badfinger.

"Well, any Republican-appointed judge should have to recuse herself from any decision involving disagreeing with Democrats!"

Let me guess: you sneezed, and all your brains ended up in the Kleenex.

Biden has already signaled he will pack the Supreme Court by refusing to rule the matter out.
His denials are idiotic and pure Biden.

The Constitution does not give him the authority to pack the court.
Where did you get that idea? The Constitution sets no limits on the number of justices that may be on the Supreme Court. Why does the Supreme Court have nine Justices? - National Constitution Center

The Constitutional gives power to Congress on setting the number of justices. Do you think the Democrats will come away from this election holding both the House and Senate along with the Presidency? I guess it's possible but if so then the matter is much the same as Trump's taxes where I along with most of the public really didn't care. He'll likely justify it on a Republican Senate not approving a Democratic President's Supreme Court nomination since 1895.

The Constitutional gives power to Congress on setting the number of justices. Do you think the Democrats will come away from this election holding both the House and Senate along with the Presidency? I guess it's possible but if so then the matter is much the same as Trump's taxes where I along with most of the public really didn't care. He'll likely justify it on a Republican Senate not approving a Democratic President's Supreme Court nomination since 1895.
The plan, as reported upon, has been for Quid Pro Joe as president to preside over the annexation of
Washington DC and Puerto Rico as states and with the gain of senators to then work on packing the court.

It's a multi step process. There has also been talk of splitting up California to gain more democrat senators.
The left is not waiting for the people to give them perpetual power. They will proactively seize it themselves.

Forum List

Back