Biden's DOJ Let's Julian Assange Off The Hook But Continues Prosecuting Trump

Oh, you thought he was actually innocent? I have met people that liked him for political benefit, but you are the first to tell me he was innocent.

He simply reported on what someone else sent him.

Boy, he must be some kind of dumbass, to be locked up in an embassy for 8 years and in a prison for another 5 when he could have gone to trial and maybe be found innocent. Of course, most people figured he was guilty, so there is that.

Our government isn't a fan of people exposing their wrong doing.

Oh, you thought he was actually innocent? I have met people that liked him for political benefit, but you are the first to tell me he was innocent.

Boy, he must be some kind of dumbass, to be locked up in an embassy for 8 years and in a prison for another 5 when he could have gone to trial and maybe be found innocent. Of course, most people figured he was guilty, so there is that.

Most people
Are idiots.

He simply reported on what someone else sent him.

Our government isn't a fan of people exposing their wrong doing.
They are not a fan of anybody passing classified secret information. It is ok, though. He knew it when he passed it and published it. So, it is not like he did not know he could and would be prosecuted for his crime. Now, years later, after hiding out, locked in and locked up for over 13 years, he is willing to plead guilty to get it behind him. I have no problem with the logic, or the time served. The only thing he didn't have to worry about was Big Bubba in the shower. His life has sucked, and is an object lesson to other that might do the same, only they might not even be that lucky.

They are not a fan of anybody passing classified secret information. It is ok, though. He knew it when he passed it and published it. So, it is not like he did not know he could and would be prosecuted for his crime. Now, years later, after hiding out, locked in and locked up for over 13 years, he is willing to plead guilty to get it behind him. I have no problem with the logic, or the time served. The only thing he didn't have to worry about was Big Bubba in the shower. His life has sucked, and is an object lesson to other that might do the same, only they might not even be that lucky.

Hopefully our bad actions get exposed at every chance someone gets.

Funny how it seems to be wrong to expose information someone else passes off to you but it's not illegal to irresponsibly lay it around in your garage.

Hopefully our bad actions get exposed at every chance someone gets.

Funny how it seems to be wrong to expose information someone else passes off to you but it's not illegal to irresponsibly lay it around in your garage.
I'll give you credit for a pure heart, but glad we didn't serve together in a place or two. I'm not nearly as pure of heart.

He plead guilty. He wasn't "let go". He should have been let go.
He served five years in jail and was confined to the Ecuadorian Embassy for seven.

I’d like to see him serve 20 years but this isn’t awful

Yep.

For decades, Presidents have had a hands off policy regarding the DOJ. But you ignore history and facts because it is inconvenient.

You're one of those people claiming Trump isn't really a convicted felon, right? :auiqs.jpg:
Decades? Hahaha

What am ignoring?

When did I claim that?

It was all over Washington.

Carlson then claimed that he had heard Assange’s pardon was being blocked by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) who sent word to the White House informing Trump that if he pardoned Assange Republicans will be “much more likely to convict you in an impeachment trial.”

No one denied this in any serious way.

tRump could have pardoned him on his way out the door like he did for others far less deserving

The threat of impeachment was long gone by then

Haha I do, because I understand basic civics, and that the constitution vest all executive power in a president
please try to keep up with realities in life.

a Junior High schools civics class understanding of things is very special -- if you're still riding the short bus.

Haha I do, because I understand basic civics, and that the constitution vest all executive power in a president

Maybe Biden should just jail Trump?

Sunday’s demand was a stark reminder that President Trump believes he has ultimate power – an “absolute right,” he told The New York Times in December – to control the Justice Department. He is not alone. Legal scholars, including, most visibly, Alan Dershowitz of Harvard Law School, have argued that the Constitution gives the president authority “to tell the Justice Department who to investigate, who to prosecute, and who not to investigate, and who not to prosecute,” as Dershowitz told Slate last December. Under the “unitary executive” view of presidential power, as former federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy wrote last month in the National Review, Justice Department officials are mere instruments of the president’s constitutional authority as head of the executive branch.

There is, of course, a competing narrative: Prosecutors have a duty, as attorneys, to the rule of law so the Justice Department must stand as an independent bulwark against presidential overreach. At his Senate confirmation hearing in 2017, Attorney General Jeff Sessions was the latest in a long line of AG candidates to claim reverence for the Justice Department’s independence and ideals.

After reading a Twitter feed Sunday night filled with 280-character commentary about whether Trump’s demand for a DOJ investigation is a fundamental threat to prosecutorial independence and the rule of law, I did some research on the Justice Department’s historical relationship with the president. The best overview I found is an article scheduled to appear in this fall’s Alabama Law Review: "Can the President Control the Department of Justice?" Its authors are Bruce Green, the noted Fordham Law ethics expert, and law professor Rebecca Roiphe of New York Law School, who also has a doctorate in history from the University of Chicago.

Now go along and play with the other adult-children in the cult-of-personality you belong to

Forum List

Back